Worth getting?

Tilda

442 in queue, can't even make charachters while in queue, bah!

Tilda

Carlos, I'm Tilda in game. What are you? Can we meet and group?

Tilda

Disconnected and server queue of 1400

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ahh :/

Your char is still in game, they need to let you rejoin instantly when you LD, catch up later if you're on again :(

Queues shouldn't last much longer, they will probably raise the cap like they did with WAR

Tilda

How? I am still 941 in queue.

Did you close the entire game? or sit in the queue when you disconned.

I wonder if there is a method to reconnect after a LD without queuing

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Dunno, it happened again and I was number 11.

Soon as the Error 9000 took me back to server selection screen I just clicked the server and clicked the Select Server button in the bottom right. Didn't close client or anything

Tilda

Bah ok, I am now down to 350 in the queue!

In other news I am trying to decide between Asassin (looks cool, high damage melee) or Sorc with lots of range and lightening.
Any experienced suggestions?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It's pretty much the choice between a Caster and a Melee stealth hybrid I believe.

I have heard people say Assassins outdamage the Jedi Knight/Marauders for melee dmg but I'm going sorc. I've played the Sage twice on Republic and enjoy it

Tilda

LoL server :D

Just got through queue now!

Tilda

Queue seems to hardly be moving!

Tilda

Yep, should have set an alarm at 6, got up, logged in, gone back to sleep.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh, I play a Republic Commando on a low pop server when its like this. Will pivk up my jugg again when server stabilise,

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Going down slow today, can't wait till they raise the caps :(

still #200

Gives me chance to get other things done I suppose :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Animation production values are TERRIBLE.
Combat/movement are clunky.
Cutscenes are more tedious than anime filler.

On the plus side, star wars music and light sabers.
Agree. It feels like all characters have something up their behind when walking. Plus transitioning between each combat ability is clunky.

The "story" cutscenes are insanely boring, especially those of the sidequests. Not to mention flashpoint quests which are just... shit. Have to wait 10 mins for the rest of the group to finish the dialogue.

Luckily one can skip the cutscenes by hammering the space button, but still need to make annoying choices which have no impact whatsoever on the rest of the dialogue. Except the last option, which gives you light or dark side points.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Queues shouldn't last much longer, they will probably raise the cap like they did with WAR

Stuff...
massively.com said:
Stephen Reid addresses SWTOR server load issues

by Matt Daniel on Dec 20th 2011 5:30PM

Sci-fi, Launches, News items, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic continues to prove itself overwhelmingly popular as the official launch day progresses. Perhaps a little too popular, in fact. Stephen Reid stopped by the official forums today to post a short warning on high-population servers. Many players are experiencing extended queues to log in to their servers, but Reid focuses on a few "consistently high-population servers... [which] are closing in on their absolute population cap." These servers have reached or nearly reached the maximum amount of players the server can handle and "will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak playtimes."

The servers in question, organized by region, are The Harbinger, The Swiftsure, and The Fatman for North America, and Bloodworthy, Frostclaw, Legions of Lettow, The Red Eclipse, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Darth Revan's Mask, Darth Traya, Jar'Kai Sword, and Hrakert Rift for Europe. Reid adds that server transfers are a common request, but even though the ability to transfer servers is being worked on, "there is no ETA on when it will be available."

Also of note is the announcement that SWTOR will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012. Reid states that right now the team is aiming for March 1st, though that may change. And if you've already imported the game, don't worry. Reid says that "[BioWare] will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March." For the full details, click on over to the SWTOR official forums.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The "story" cutscenes are insanely boring, especially those of the sidequests. Not to mention flashpoint quests which are just... shit. Have to wait 10 mins for the rest of the group to finish the dialogue.

Stick to 'Watch With Mother'.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Agree. It feels like all characters have something up their behind when walking. Plus transitioning between each combat ability is clunky.

Luckily one can skip the cutscenes by hammering the space button, but still need to make annoying choices which have no impact whatsoever on the rest of the dialogue. Except the last option, which gives you light or dark side points.

Not quite true. Dialogue options affect the story, on occasion, the future discussions too.

Waiting 10 minutes for players is a player problem, not game problem.

The dialogue system is indefinetaly better then reading questlogs, or just rushing through an instance, bash heads, get loots, winrar.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The dialogue is awesome for an MMO. Far better than reading a quest log, plus, you're not forced to listen to it. It's actually making questing quite fun for me :)

Tilda

Disconnected and hour and a half queue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom