Worth getting?

Tilda

Played closed beta - was good fun and was very exciting when i got my lightsabre. Didn't get past 10 due to holidays.

Played stress test, not much play time but didn't really get into it again. Game felt worse/more grind-ee.

Being tempted though. Do I get it or not?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I enjoyed it. More than WAR certainly. The PvP is.... a work in progress but then look at WoW, the start PvP was the shittest of any PVP MMO

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I enjoyed it. More than WAR certainly. The PvP is.... a work in progress but then look at WoW, the start PvP was the shittest of any PVP MMO
and still is ?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Get it Tilda, its the most fun I've had in a MMOG for ages. Lots of replay value with different classes and their storylines and much to admire in the production qualities of the game.

Not sold on Hutt Ball and would like some more PvP type matches, but for a newly released game it is top notch. Hope they can keep this up and build on it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty bad.

But it you are jonesing for an mmo then why not.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Animation production values are TERRIBLE.
Combat/movement are clunky.
Cutscenes are more tedious than anime filler.

On the plus side, star wars music and light sabers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well that's a pretty narrowed view, even if based on light reality.

Animation product values, slight clunk in movement and "tedious" cutscenes are rather taste based. Dun bother me at all and even still, small issues for a launch.

Good things outweigh bad things in my view. However should wait for a trial, or just jump in and go for it(since you seemed to enjoy it). Don't let others tell you what you like.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
ECA said:
Cutscenes are more tedious than anime filler..

Can't agree with any of that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is the first MMO that i sometimes forget is a MMO, as i said on another thread; this is like mass effect/dragon age, with the middlebits, instead of buttonsmashing to swing blade and cut off head X, is buttonsmashing to use ability Y to cut off head X. Basically the same as any bioware game, with a MMO UI and itemisation.

Alo helps that a lot of the grind can be done afk, so while you're having dinner, or having a pokeybumwank, you can still progress.

Haven't played too much ofcourse, but with at 21 on a bountyhunter and most extra game content outside story untouched, and with 3 other classes on empire alone to ram through, i'm pretty confident this can provide at least a years content in moderate portions.

Bugs, they has it and balancing is an issue, as with any new launch, but as a new launch, it'll keep you going until major issues are fixed.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Load of shit.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Give it a try Tilda, it's the first game in a while that I've seen that really appeals to ex-daoc players. The other MMOs that have been released over the years seem to please the WoW fanbase but daoc players have hated them.

This game does have a tiny feel of wow to it, but not enough to feel like another clone. As said above by Toht, the game really feels like a single player RPG with the storyline, it's pretty epic.

Tilda

Where are all the daoc'ers playing?

Mabs

welcome to "people who like it , like it .. people who dont, dont"... who saw that coming ?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Where are all the daoc'ers playing?

Rule of One are on Legions of Lettow.
Unseen Vengeance are on Ahto City.

Not sure about any other guilds.

I'm already on LoL and it seems to be a good English server so going to switch from Rep to Empire to play with FH people (There are a lot of 'English' Servers that are full of different language groups as they didn't get their own servers)

Tilda

And where on earth can I buy it online? Origins says its sold out online, wtf!

Tilda

(or does anybody have a spare preorder key I can nab until I can buy the full thing?)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
welcome to "people who like it , like it .. people who dont, dont"... who saw that coming ?

You should see some of the anti-pvp spam going on in general, we already have a "famous" anti-pvp spammer on our server. Pretty much pissed off everyone, seeing as it's a RP server :p

Mabs

And where on earth can I buy it online? Origins says its sold out online, wtf!

there is an absolute cap on the number of copies, deliberatly. so no more than X are available. Tbh your best bet now is probably a box, i *think* DOWNLOAD copies were ORIGIN-ONLY (who saw that coming?)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yea try get a box copy from a store, not sure where you are, but the UK HMV/Game stores near me still seem to have plenty left

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Load of shit.

How can you not look at your character movement and combat animations and not start vomiting from your eyesockets?

I know when you fanboy you fanboy hard, but cmon. Be honest.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nothing fanboy about taste differences. They may not be superduper beat em up moves, but it's a freakin MMO :p

Tilda

Ordered it, waiting for staff confirmation.

What server do i go on to play with you cool kids?

Aada

Part of the furniture
How can you not look at your character movement and combat animations and not start vomiting from your eyesockets?

I know when you fanboy you fanboy hard, but cmon. Be honest.

I just don't think they are as bad as you make them to be.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'm about to ditch my Sage for a Sorc :D

You can play both sides on each server btw so nothing stopping you making a char to play with people on here

Tilda

How is the queue?

Wanna level together? Skype etc? I am online for the next 12ish hours :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom