Worst/Best RvR classes All realms

O

old.Zeikerd

Why do I see Cabalist in every 'worst class' posting?
That is plain stupid. I think most people here don't even know what Cabalists do and are capable of in RvR.
A body Cabalist has a nice AoE snare (60% movement) which can reduce the speed of an incoming rush and a very decent lifedrain spell (2sec cast time).
Matter Cabalists as myself have 2 nice things also. An AoE DoT which harvest RP like madness and a super nice nearsight spell which has a longer range than any archer/caster in the game which reduces their range (55% at my level). I can annoy the archers who defend a keep greatly.
Also did more damage to a respawn of the guards in 15 second than I ever did with my higher paladin in those same 15 seconds. With my paladin it is: F8 /stick F6 on the guards.
Now it is: F8 DoT and hit 3 guards at the same time every 3 seconds while I can hit other guards at the same time.

In short: Cabalist is NOT the worst RvR class by FAR. It has alot of weaknesses, but its WAY better than any kind of tank in RvR.
The worst 3 RvR classes in Albion would be:
1 Paladin (can only rez and be mezzed, both not giving any RP)
2 Armsmen (can't rez, but hit way harder)
3 Rejuv cleric (can rez, but won't give any RP and healing tanks is too slow anyway)

O

old.Halfmad

Originally posted by Eleasias
I'd change the order of that, Scout is better than both hunter and ranger and it's debatable which one is better, ranger or hunter, personally I'd say the better player wins, or the one that get's the crit shot in ;) I actually forgot shadowblade from the original list so:

Best
1. Shadowblade
2. Scout
3. Cleric

Atleast in this patch assassins are the class that has the potential of making most RP's, especially shadowblades for one shotting those blue/green/grey casters Hib has.

shadowblades like all assassins have to get up close and personal to kill, takes time to line up a shot and once you do your VERY open to attack.

For fun value I love my nightshade but for getting RPs any archer is far better :rolleyes:

O

old.Faded

Although a good Blademaster would still be pretty useless, so would some stupid Archer. So a really good cabalist does add some thing, a lot of other players from other realms probally dont know exactly what they can do, and if the cabalist is an inteligent player than im sure than can do well. In terms of being able to geting most kills...

1. Hunter
2. Scout
3. Ranger

People say scouts are better but charm, buffs, a fast bow and spear seems better to me.

O

old.Mike Hunt

Originally posted by Zeikerd
That is plain stupid. I think most people here don't even know what Cabalists do and are capable of in RvR...........................
A

Must admit I was suprised to see so many ppl rate SM as the worst, given that there are only 3 above lvl 40 on excal.

Yeah we are a bit short on range but I suspect that there are a few ppl out there who have wondered wtf when this blue con SM ganked them :)

Cubby Lvl 43 spiritmaster

T

Talifer

I don't see Mercenary on any of those lists, is a Blademaster really much worse than the Merc?

Talifer

O

old.Halfmad

a friend of mine use to play SM on US servers and really enjoyed it, they get some lovin in the later patches too :)

So expect them off the worse classes list very soon :p

O

old.Woodmansee

Your all wrong there isnt a best class....
There is some thats better at solo, but no one last long solo or has much fun :)))
Its funny to see most people pick clerics the best and spiritmaster the worst. The spiritmaster is the WORST foe for any CLERIC..
Pet and Long range dd damage = cant cast or get in range to insta mez = dead clerics.

O

old.Niljindil

Highest ranked classes on the us servers compared to class pupulation is:

Sorcerer which got 18 points in the test.
Scout which got 15.6 points in the test.
Minstrel which got 15.3 points in the test.

The test compared top 25 ranking and compared it to the numbers of the class.

And yes, i very much think that sorceror is one of the best classes in the game.

Just that nobody plays them(and please, do NOT ask me why because i really cant understand why someone in alb wouldnt play this class, its got it all)

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Faded
Although a good Blademaster would still be pretty useless, so would some stupid Archer. So a really good cabalist does add some thing, a lot of other players from other realms probally dont know exactly what they can do, and if the cabalist is an inteligent player than im sure than can do well. In terms of being able to geting most kills...

1. Hunter
2. Scout
3. Ranger

People say scouts are better but charm, buffs, a fast bow and spear seems better to me.

A lvl 40 pet at lvl 50 is, well, nothing. I know cuz i have lvl 37-38 pets at lvl 46 and i tell you, they are "teh suq!".

The fast bow does as much less damage as its increased in speed. Speed means nothing. I get hit by FB for about 270 damage, arken and friends dont shoot as fast but does hit me for 450+ with regular shots.

Spear really doesnt make much difference unless you spec it. Slam is great btw, and is one of those things that didnt get nerfed in the later patches(not much anyway).

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Ailelun
Top 3:

3rd To Worst: Spiritmaster :)
2nd: Champion (after the nerf)
Worst: cabalist! :)

All mages with DD spells are better than "most" tanks.

Cabalists and spiritmasters are NOWHERE near the bottom, when you face one that knows what he/she is doing you will see. Thing is that it rarely happens as only to encounter one in the first place is rare ;)

O

old.chipper

sorry but any class without a ranged attack suxs in rvr and as far as i know paladins are the only tank who dont have a ranged attack not sure though paladins blow in rvr should know i am one :)

K

Karam_gruul

Not really, im not bad at rvr, and i never use my Xbow, simply because the range isnt great enough (although it can do collosal damage even with my 1 skill).

I think the only reason most people say Pala's are a bit crap at rvr is because they have nothing special. They can do what clercs and armsmen can do, just no where near as well. They're 2H weapons dont come close to polearms, and they're chants are... well pretty crap lets face it. S/S Paladins are better, but then again, a S/S armsmen would probably be better simply because he has more HP (at the moment).

T

tilde

Originally posted by Karam
Not really, im not bad at rvr, and i never use my Xbow, simply because the range isnt great enough (although it can do collosal damage even with my 1 skill).

I think the only reason most people say Pala's are a bit crap at rvr is because they have nothing special. They can do what clercs and armsmen can do, just no where near as well. They're 2H weapons dont come close to polearms, and they're chants are... well pretty crap lets face it. S/S Paladins are better, but then again, a S/S armsmen would probably be better simply because he has more HP (at the moment).

-paladins chant sux in RvR except dmg.buff

-paladins do 60-70%dmg of an armsman (around 80% with dmg.buff)
-paladins have 200-300 less hp than an armsman (after patch)

The top rp-farmers on US get most of their rp by using their x-bow

So, we have nothing to contribute RvR with except our resurrection :rolleyes:

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by tilde

-paladins chant sux in RvR except dmg.buff

-paladins do 60-70%dmg of an armsman (around 80% with dmg.buff)
-paladins have 200-300 less hp than an armsman (after patch)

The top rp-farmers on US get most of their rp by using their x-bow

So, we have nothing to contribute RvR with except our resurrection :rolleyes:

Exactly Tilde, thats my point, Paladins cant 'really' do anything anyone else cant. Like, Minstrels have the best mez, Clerics are the best healers, Scouts are the best archers, but Paladins are not the best in any field, they're just..... paladins.

How do the people on the US servers kill people with an Xbow? dont tell me they spec in it... thats just insanity.

T

tilde

Exactly Tilde, thats my point, Paladins cant 'really' do anything anyone else cant. Like, Minstrels have the best mez, Clerics are the best healers, Scouts are the best archers, but Paladins are not the best in any field, they're just..... paladins.

How do the people on the US servers kill people with an Xbow? dont tell me they spec in it... thats just insanity.

Hehe, i dont know really - but i dont think they've it fully specced, just some points in it

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by tilde

Hehe, i dont know really - but i dont think they've it fully specced, just some points in it

lol sweet, well with 0 points into xbow, i managed to shoot an orange dwarf for 157 +83 critical once, which i was fairly impressed with :D

lol after the patch i might swap slash for xbow or something just for a few mins, to see the kind of dmg a fully specced xbower can do :D then spec it all back after!

O

old.Paranoid

Originally posted by Zeikerd
That is plain stupid. I think most people here don't even know what Cabalists do and are capable of in RvR.
A body Cabalist has a nice AoE snare (60% movement) which can reduce the speed of an incoming rush and a very decent lifedrain spell (2sec cast time).
Matter Cabalists as myself have 2 nice things also. An AoE DoT which harvest RP like madness and a super nice nearsight spell which has a longer range than any archer/caster in the game which reduces their range (55% at my level). I can annoy the archers who defend a keep greatly.
Also did more damage to a respawn of the guards in 15 second than I ever did with my higher paladin in those same 15 seconds. With my paladin it is: F8 /stick F6 on the guards.
Now it is: F8 DoT and hit 3 guards at the same time every 3 seconds while I can hit other guards at the same time.

In short: Cabalist is NOT the worst RvR class by FAR. It has alot of weaknesses, but its WAY better than any kind of tank in RvR.
The worst 3 RvR classes in Albion would be:
1 Paladin (can only rez and be mezzed, both not giving any RP)
2 Armsmen (can't rez, but hit way harder)
3 Rejuv cleric (can rez, but won't give any RP and healing tanks is too slow anyway)

Broblem being..cabby matter and body are the same as sorcerers.. and i would much prefer a sorcerer with mezz then a cabilist with snare...

O

old.Anarki

Best clases....there are not much those best clases imho. Minstrel/Scald example, when Hibs fight Mids at wall all i can do is /stick some caster turn powersong on and go for a smoke....boring, we can do nothing against these battles, RM's Archers, well any caster rox there. But wen u go out to solo, or in small grp, minstrels are usually more usefull cause of mezz/stun/mele. And there casters are like...not much of use. They are usually taken out 1st. So....the only class that is fun in those situations is an Archer...any archers. U can take out ppl from crowds, u can stealth and do good damage in small grps.
All depends on the situation.
Worst classes....Spiritmaster? NEVER. I good SM can take out ANY archer. Pet rox there, and SM can do good range damage at these "wall" fights. Blademaster....well maybe....any tank is good thou of he knows his job. Cabalist - same as SM, and AE DOT is usually good in 'wall' fights or against crowds.

Any clans is fun.....it's just the game that is BORING ;p

T

thefatfriar

Best is - anyone character u have fun with :)

I've more fun dying than killing by and large.

If I wanted to play a game where killing the enemy as a result of your skill is of paramout importance to you the pls go and play Quack or UT.

If I want to go kill some pillock 'cos i am simply better than him at the game then I'd be damn sure i had a level playing field :)
When I want my ego massaged I go and play UT cos I rock at it and the moment I go and create a character because "he is good at RvR and will make Uber RPs" is the very same day I will quit this game 'cos I'll be playing it for the wrong reasons.

=> Here for the fun :)

O

old.Ozaric

You should change topic to "Best/Worse solo rvr class" :)
Yes archers/assassins are the best solo classes, but then again also the worst group classes.
Its pretty simple, we get most our rp soloing, tanks/drumboys/healers get their most rp grouping so saying archers are the best rvr class isnt true when u see miss with friends running around in emain ganking everyone and everything :)
But if u meant best solo rvr class dont bother reading my post :O

O

old.Atrox

I've seen some talk about Hunters pet's and their lvls, the lvl arent really that important for a Hunter, a Hunter is a Solo Class,
Both in RvR and XP, the pet is not there as a dmg add for us, the pet is used to ;
distract enemys ( ie send it on a member of a group and hit from behind)
Interupt Spells/shots
Remove Blade Turn, and cause the mage to use Quickcast
and Pull Guards when you put them in the wrong place in Gorge :twak:
The Pet can be both your friend and enemy in RvR, but a Hunter that uses it the right way can be damn lethal
-
My worst classes ( read those I die most from )
1. Ministrels
2. Shite Clerics
3. Archers and Assasins

K

k9awya

Originally posted by Halfmad
a friend of mine use to play SM on US servers and really enjoyed it, they get some lovin in the later patches too :)

So expect them off the worse classes list very soon :p

no they dont

they are still one of the most pointless class on usa

O

old.Niljindil

SMs have the best leech life spell in the game.

The recent additions of Realm abilities include an ability to be totally uninterupted for 15 secs every 30 mins.

A fully dex buffed SM will heal himself for 400ish hp every 1,5 secs with life leech spells.

Now tell me if 15 seconds of invulneability is crap ;)

T

Torin

Worst chars do not exist, there are bad players.

Examples:
I though Sorc never can do anything good in RvR - but look at Veeshan - he is in top 5 killers i think
I thought BladeMasters just purelly suck in RvR - but look at Kicker on Igrane/Hibernia, guild Free Will - he is in top 25 killers of server IMHO

Cabalists - have anyone seen them in RvR to call them worst RvR chars? no. Yes, they seams to be very bad chars on all realms ...

So all depends on Player, not character.

I saw Runemasters who couldnt kill anyone, i saw Ministrels dying to Healers, i saw Rangers simply owned by blue con castewrs .... all depends on player.

O

old.Pempula

Seems to me that most people making up the lists here for 'Best RvR classes' are making lists for 'best solo RvR classes'...
This is basically why RvR sucks and it really does.

K

k9awya

Originally posted by Torin
all depends on player.

lol yea right, daoc is one of the least skillful games i ever played to win at

its just level, class and circumstance.

A

Armolas

So not only does Karam think that heroes are wusses, but he also thinks a minstrel is a better mezzer than a sorcerer, and this is in his own realm :)

O

Olgark

There is no best or worst class for RvR. Every class has strengths and weaknesses. If you can minimise your weakness and bolster its class strengths then you are a skilled player that can make what many think to be a bad class to play into a deamon in RvR battles.
You just need to know how the class works and play it to the best of your abilities.

T

tilde

Minstrels got best mez? single-target and not insta :p

D

Danya

Minstrels tend to die to equal-con healers, they have too many instas and we have too little dmg output.

Users who are viewing this thread