Woot a Valk vid?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
A not so small vid from yesterdays ganking. Me playing my RR3 valk with half finished ToA template.

Ps: Dont mock me for spamming IP instead of assist okey!? :m00:

MaelMix

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
nice vid mani was fun to watch.
Too bad it's so damn dark though :p

Eden

Fledgling Freddie
As rami said, bit dark. And whats with the 200 hits!? I tought the class was abit more evul :eek:

But -1 relic and not 100% ToAéd etc. etc. might do some part in that.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
the dmg lays in the followup Roundhouse. Windmill is like a detaunt style when it comes to growth rates.

Roundhouse is around 300melee and 200-250 pbae procc dmg.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
im impressed about valk :eek: interrupts a lot , snare its ewul , and his chain armor :/

at least u are weak to thurst ^^ take care m8 next time won ´t fail supernova ^^

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
the defenders of bryjna have picked the wrong fotm :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Looking good, but please remember to put torch on the next time you record anything. ;)

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
wOOt I was in that movie! I remember that fight, funny, as I was thinking while I watched this movie : "great just whats needed, more interupts, I remember last night...." and then! the fight from last night came >.<

:(

Compton

Fledgling Freddie
nice movie, very well played healers :)

disclaimer: not a whine what is following, just asking for opinion ;p

I'm just interested in what you mids think of the balance between the realms itself? It seems to me that mids are kinda very spoiled with 3 healers and shammy (insane cc+3cm's+3DI's+free relics with celerity+...), and other classes in general have a little edge on most (i.e. bers better growth rates, rat mode makes those TOA bonuses and better growth rates even better due to multiplication, strafing sm melee immune etc.). Of course other realms have better things too, like ibbies having standard bg+TWF, snare styles, self debuffers etc.

But it just occurs to me that the inter-realm balance is still on one side (to me it seems picking order is still mid(healers!)>hib>alb, but balance has never been this close tho). Having the abilities is one thing, but using them to the top like some of you do most of the time is something else ofcourse.

As i haven't really played mid or alb, and some of you have (remember osril on sharwyn), what's your view on it?

for the QQ/"someone got owned" replyers: read second line, wonder if you can ask something on FH without flaming/whining.

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Compton said:
I'm just interested in what you mids think of the balance between the realms itself? It seems to me that mids are kinda very spoiled with 3 healers and shammy (insane cc+3cm's+3DI's+free relics with celerity+...), and other classes in general have a little edge on most (i.e. bers better growth rates, rat mode makes those TOA bonuses and better growth rates even better due to multiplication, strafing sm melee immune etc.). Of course other realms have better things too, like ibbies having standard bg+TWF, snare styles, self debuffers etc.

But it just occurs to me that the inter-realm balance is still on one side (to me it seems picking order is still mid(healers!)>hib>alb, but balance has never been this close tho). Having the abilities is one thing, but using them to the top like some of you do most of the time is something else ofcourse.

As i haven't really played mid or alb, and some of you have (remember osril on sharwyn), what's your view on it?

Summary just as asked opinion...all sides has their good things, most offen it comes down to grp setup, players and teamwork.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
ALL depends in setup , this movie vs eclipse mixed is 2 bm 1 eldri 1 chanter ( and think comptina has no mls) so thats wrong setup.

3 bm BL + light eld is still the best ( maybe in future 1 vamp with BL ofc )

valk + sm with pet buffboted + 1 zerker + skald is nice setup , but poor elendar should re roll another thing :)

i played 3 months ago in Deira with 1.60 patch without skald , just 2 sava and 2 zerker with healer aug speed + shaman sprint buff, worked perfectly this setup, drop now savages and get valky + another and should pown.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Without Charge I dont see the Valk keep getting a spot in the typical group.

Low WS, no Banelord (I think?), the unique stuff of a Valk which can be easily done by any shaman higher then RR1L5 (MOC1 buffshear ftw) and the risk of breaking mezzes on their high damage-styles make the class not very suited as offensive tank.

Basically its a Savage with poor dps; and even savages dont get a spot nowadays.

I might be wrong on the banelord-thing; that would make a Valk better; otherwise I dunno rlly :X

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Without Charge I dont see the Valk keep getting a spot in the typical group.
Change "typical" for "opted" group, and you're correct. ;) I'd rather have an uber player on a Valkyrie, than a mediocre one on a Berserker (but the uber player on the Berserker would be better, ofc, imo). By the same reasoning, I would not really use a Vampiir in an opted group, Charge or not--a Blademaster has better and more reliable damage output.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
imo Valkyries should get better ML paths and maybe a self buff of some kind. Also its sad that a class with CON as main stat still get gimped hp, my valk diddn't have more hp than my SB at same level but lot more con. Could use some more toys to play around with to get on line with the other classes.

Anyways cool movie :)

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
i think the interrupt issues on valk is very important puppet

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Cone buff-strips look absolutely horrible from a caster PoV...like there's not enuff caster supression tools in most balanced grps already. But, I think that's also the reason a valk might not get a spot over another BL with higher DPS, charge, etc.

Mael, 50th ment.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
i think the interrupt issues on valk is very important puppet

If 3 healers and a shaman cant interrupt properly I dont see how a Valk will save that group ;)

Besides; most of the times I see bonedancer in the group; which is another banelord+ interrupter.

Honestly; if they need a Valkyre for interrupts something is horrible wrong with the rest of the group. But yeah Belo is right about the 'opted' and 'typical' group I guess. But I dont see what the Valk offers which is really 'unique'

I dont agree with the Vamp and Blademaster thing. A Vampiir who's DEM/VE-spec will have approximatly same-damage as a Blademaster; and more if a BM cant pull off Ice-storm chain. Vampiir anytime-chain > BM anytime-chain.

Biggest advantage of Vampiir however (IMO) is the fact it can debuff armours, totally nihilate a bodyguarded-caster (!). My maintained debuff on my Vampiir interrupts every tick making it impossible for the BG'ed caster to cast unless he MOC's. Then the debuff makes him 30-40% less effective + MOC3 ~75-80% = crippling him down to <50% effectiveness. Skill-debuffs make a sorc/caba lifetap pretty poor (Body-spec 31+19 is nice damage, 31+0 is shit). Notice this maintained debuff ALSO works on primary healers. 40% less effective spreadheal = QQ.

Fumble-debuff enemy berserker/merc will make him cry; and thats every 15 seconds you can redo that.

What I mean: Vampiirs offer something 'unique' to a Hib-group; where Valks barely do.And the best part of Vampiirs is ofcourse that they got castable Stealthlore to get those extra RP's from Brynja-campers xDDDD

BTW Im comparing a RR7 ML10 Vampiir with a RR7 ML10 Blademaster or something equal. Obviously a RR3 ML0 Vampiir cant match up with a RR8 ML10 Blademaster; but thats normal for any class.

I aint saying this because I play a Vampiir; it would be silly to pick a Vampiir over a BM in the current state; since no Vampiir is ML10 yet.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
dono if it is a bug on US server, but was a Valk there that striped pretty much all buffs with a singel spell each time we ran into him. Very annoying

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
dex/quick on 1 shear, other have aquity shear, 1 min reuse time (shared) when specced highest.
what have seen windmill/roundhouse has insane miss ratio, atleast roundhouse can miss 3-4 time in row.
switched several time engage/wounding chain when fight getting tight (high orange mobs)
pbaeo effect is more 150, not 300 what read somewhere.
windmill is indeed having detaunt dmg, +5dmg from style is usuall, ~100dmg pdaeo procm roundhouse hitting ~50dmg style and ~300dmg pbaeo effect.

valk is lacking something, can be intresting class thou but if someone is looking 1win class? wrong choice,

Balthasar

Fledgling Freddie
Dont see much dps comming from a valk tbh, 200 damage often styled and an odd 300 with a proc and that's with 5+(?) speed 2 handed spear?

My nightshade wich is an assasin has much higher dps, and all that other utill it got can be done by the others in the group (like pup said), so I dont really see much point in having a valk in a group when you can choose to get a better suited class like a ahum... *warlock* ;)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Balthasar said:
Dont see much dps comming from a valk tbh, 200 damage often styled and an odd 300 with a proc and that's with 5+(?) speed 2 handed spear?

My nightshade wich is an assasin has much higher dps, and all that other utill it got can be done by the others in the group (like pup said), so I dont really see much point in having a valk in a group when you can choose to get a better suited class like a ahum... *warlock* ;)

red base haste and celerity will take dmg per hit down a quite a lot remember

Balthasar

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
red base haste and celerity will take dmg per hit down a quite a lot remember

Yeh but my nightshade hits at cap speed with 1 handed weapon and on chain I hit 200+ with only garrote main hand allready, and prolly all the blademasters/mercs/zerkers aswell, so if your looking for damage I wouldnt take a valk and for the utill I wouldnt take it either :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom