Woot a Valk vid?

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Balthasar said:
Dont see much dps comming from a valk tbh, 200 damage often styled and an odd 300 with a proc and that's with 5+(?) speed 2 handed spear?

the windmill+roundhouse style chain got some of the lowest growrates in game, think windmill got like, 0.25 growrate and roundhouse got taunt like growrate, 0.6, but each hit they proc for like 200-300 dmg, but the dmg type is crush :)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Balthasar said:
Yeh but my nightshade hits at cap speed with 1 handed weapon and on chain I hit 200+ with only garrote main hand allready, and prolly all the blademasters/mercs/zerkers aswell, so if your looking for damage I wouldnt take a valk and for the utill I wouldnt take it either :p

Maybe a bit harsh to compare dmgoutput between a non-toa-finished RR4 Valk and a fully toa:d RR10 NS with 10% str-relics? =)

/j

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Lejemorder said:
the windmill+roundhouse style chain got some of the lowest growrates in game, think windmill got like, 0.25 growrate and roundhouse got taunt like growrate, 0.6, but each hit they proc for like 200-300 dmg, but the dmg type is crush :)

Spear pbae procc is spirit dmg. Sword procc is crush. And the windmill chain dmg is not in the melee but in the pbae procc that proccs EVERY time. Roundhouse procc between 200-250 on most targets. U have a caster BGed? Kill him anyway while killing the BGer at the same time.

I can get 500+ hits also just as hunters can do when I am fully ToAed and RR5+ if I use the same styles they do ;)

I am still working though on the "optimal" fg specc. Atm I am 42shield 50spear 39OW. Miss the 1min buff shear alot though. Could try 42sword/spear 42shield 48OW also.

Although if you want a semi aggresive/semi defensive class both Thane and Warrior is a better choice because of BG/ST etc.

The valk needs either Banelord or TWF imo.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Balthasar said:
Yeh but my nightshade hits at cap speed with 1 handed weapon and on chain I hit 200+ with only garrote main hand allready, and prolly all the blademasters/mercs/zerkers aswell, so if your looking for damage I wouldnt take a valk and for the utill I wouldnt take it either :p

could you by any chance have a pierce weapon, and be rr10?
dmg isn't going to be as high as light tank, but the interupts, and the rips are most fun

Balthasar

Fledgling Freddie
Wholdar said:
Maybe a bit harsh to compare dmgoutput between a non-toa-finished RR4 Valk and a fully toa:d RR10 NS with 10% str-relics? =)

/j

I just took my nightshade for example, as a nightshade is not a groupfriendly class according most people.
But light tanks etc are for example, and the decent equiped light tanks can dish out a bit more damage then valks.
There are not much valks on US anyway and the ones I fought against or saw died kinda fast or didnt do much damage.

And from what I saw in the movie, he didnt hitted his follow up often and to do that 300+ 300 proc damage you have to hit it first :p

Balthasar

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
could you by any chance have a pierce weapon, and be rr10?
dmg isn't going to be as high as light tank, but the interupts, and the rips are most fun

Well that was my point, the damage isnt as high as a light tank and the interupts are usually done by other classes, didnt said it couldnt be fun it prolly is loads of fun.
But I ment that it isnt the group friendlyest char you can have :D

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Forgot 1 thing.

If you are gonna use windmill chain u should use the fastest spear u can get. The procc is the same dmg even though u swing a 4.0spd spear :)

That was the first mistake I did in my first Valk template ;)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
agree, fastest possible spear, anyway maindmg comes from procs.
personally dont wanna make class viable by ml:s or ra:s aka like zerks, class need be playable allready in rl1, just sadly valkyrie isnt even rl12 class what rise big wow:s.

Can valks use 1h spear? If so, get fastest spear there is (even 2h), and celerity from healers+20% haste.

Then a 4 valk, 3 healers+sham grp seams quite nasty :p Imagine having 4 woman on ur back hacking u with dd's hitting for 200-300 ae every sec. lets say u hit once every second with celerity, that would mean about 300*4=1200 ae dmg every sec+some in melee.

/idle making valk!

Btw has maelstroem made any other rr vids? Or the high rr albgrp? Would like to see something from pryd :) Any vids? Interested in eclipse aswell :)

BigBlackClock

Banned
xxManiacxx said:
Spear pbae procc is spirit dmg. Sword procc is crush. And the windmill chain dmg is not in the melee but in the pbae procc that proccs EVERY time. Roundhouse procc between 200-250 on most targets. U have a caster BGed? Kill him anyway while killing the BGer at the same time.

The valk needs either Banelord or TWF imo.
Heh , yeah kill the pally and the sorc at same time , yeah right

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
BigBlackClock said:
Heh , yeah kill the pally and the sorc at same time , yeah right

watch the vid. did exacly that against a bard and warden

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
3 bm BL + light eld is still the best ( maybe in future 1 vamp with BL ofc )

valk + sm with pet buffboted + 1 zerker + skald is nice setup , but poor elendar should re roll another thing :)

i played 3 months ago in Deira with 1.60 patch without skald , just 2 sava and 2 zerker with healer aug speed + shaman sprint buff, worked perfectly this setup, drop now savages and get valky + another and should pown.

Not sure I agree m8 with 3 BM. Granted BL rocks and so does charge but I reckon 2BM +high RR Champ or Hero offers more than 3BM. Depends what fluff you have and higher rr is the key. At low rr I agree 3BM, but at RR10 I would take a 2h Champ or 2h Hero with Det4 as a compliment to the BM. Hero or Champ offers more util than a 3rd Bm, plus ofc you could bodyguard with hero and let warden ae tap stuff. Seems to work atm bging with hero doing damage to those tanks on casters/druids. Seems low rr champs and heroes and ofc their opposing realm counterparts have been shafted by NF ra.

Ofc I would say the above. ;)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Surprising Death said:
Can valks use 1h spear?

Sadly no, there are only 2h spears available. Can get very quick spears though , think there are ones at 3.9 speed if im not mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom