Woo Hoo Planetside just landed on my Desk

T

Tenko

I've been umming and ahhing over buying this all week and have read a lot of the posts in the BW planetside forum.

Seems that some of the peeps there think the game doesnt have legs and so they won't be going retail.

However as someone who has put up with DAOC (on and off :p) for over a year I reckon I can play this for a month or two and make my own decision.

If the wife lets me I'll be buying it this weekend, but being a bit of a minigun whore myself will probably go Terran :D

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Tenko
If the wife lets me I'll be buying it this weekend, but being a bit of a minigun whore myself will probably go Terran :D

We'll look out for you :)

In the sights of our guns of course!

T

Tenko

Only worry I have is the kiddies.

I have this B-Movie image of...

WHEN NERDS COLLIDE: WIZARD GEEKS VS THE L33T WH0REZ

The though of roleplaying all my ALIENS fantasies (well not the Ripley/Vasquez/Tenko one) is a little overshadowed by having to play on the sameside as anyone who plays CS :p

Well not everyone who plays CS but you know where I'm coming from! Did you get a feel if either realm <cough> I mean empire was more well, mature I suppose than the others?

P

[PS]Venom

Most of the penises play terran as far as I'm aware.

NC attracts the BOOMSTICK! nuts.

Vanu had attracted a more mature tactical player BUT that was in beta.

G

g0ldenbone

Managed to buy it from Game on my way home.. they werent going to sell me it but I asked the student at the counter quietly and he just sold me it :)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
Most of the penises play terran as far as I'm aware.

NC attracts the BOOMSTICK! nuts.

Vanu had attracted a more mature tactical player BUT that was in beta.

And of course this is coming from Hienrich....

.... ok don't kill me now, dear :p

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by g0ldenbone
Managed to buy it from Game on my way home.. they werent going to sell me it but I asked the student at the counter quietly and he just sold me it :)

If you're going to play tonight and you are going to play VS and you want to join our outfit, either let us know what time so we can have someone log on to invite you, or we'll be on tomorrow.

:bazbeer:

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by g0ldenbone

ROFL :)

I was lucky that meadowhall wasn't being munkeh. I was ready to have an argument, which wouldn't have gotten very far seeing as I know the managers there :p

If you want an outfit and you play VS on werner let me know goldy :)

T

Tenko

Ah well maybe I'll give VS a try then, but theres one other problem.

I've just been reading the yank forums and seems they call the purple wearing VS "Barnies".

Not sure I can live with the shame :p

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Tenko
Ah well maybe I'll give VS a try then, but theres one other problem.

I've just been reading the yank forums and seems they call the purple wearing VS "Barnies".

Not sure I can live with the shame :p

LOL your choice.

Barnies or Ribenaberries as someone else from on here started calling us :p

T

Tenko

Hehe

I'm convinced. :clap:

fingers crossed I'll be on Saturday night, and I'll be wearing purple. :D

After playing Halo I can live with Plasma weapons and hover tanks remind me of when I was a little lad playing Warhammer 40k and wupping ass with the Eldar.

O

old.Kram

I've ordered Planetside, should arrive in a couple of days.

I'm going to join Vanu @ Europe server.

So sign me up.

I dunno my InGame nick, depends if its taken or not, my standard for FPS is Kram, which is my IRL name backwards :p

One thing though, set an Age Limiter 18+ or something :wij: no kidddddiiiiiies

G

g0ldenbone

Played till early hours this morning.. Quality game.. Loads of toys to play with. Im currently trying to iron out all my DAOC interface habits (i.e. autorun is Q now :) ) and Im getting there.

I'll create some kind of purple character when I get home from work tonight :)

M

Madonion Slicer

Yep getting used to new commands is a pain in the ass, give /gu and /s and /br and /send

G

g0ldenbone

The interface isnt too bad, just completely different. I've found it fairly easy to get to grips with, but then, how hard can it be to control a glorified FPS :)

Was in a really cool base assault last night.. They put up fairly stiff resistance but we got em in the end. It took a few of our guys to get up on the roof and flush out the well positioned defenders, and then take out the tank that was causing havok. Then we were in like flynn. The squad system is pretty cool and thankfully I was with a decent crew.

Its going to get some serious play over the weekend, thats for sure!

P

[PS]Nova

I still have you on my friends list, Goldenbone, will look you up tonight see if you've decided to go purple :p

G

g0ldenbone

Yep.. Ill be there mate, from about 8pm GMT to godonlyknowswhen

D

Drclink

well still cant decide what l want to be vanu or terran cant decide.

its installing at the moment so chances are ill plunge into vanu and see how it goes. :clap:

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Drclink
well still cant decide what l want to be vanu or terran cant decide.

its installing at the moment so chances are ill plunge into vanu and see how it goes. :clap:

If you want to join a VS Outfit join the Sovereign Guard. What's your char name going to be? :p

D

Drclink

Drclink as per my quake and quake 3 name was if some gimp aint stole it already :)

P

[PS]Nova

I'll look out for you if you want to join Sovereign Guard?

G

Gekul

Arrived today, patching now :)

On my old PC though, so 2fps max probably :( still waiting for my new hdd and vid card to arrive.

T

Tenko

I couldnt wait till Saturday so I've just bought it and come home now :)

Ill see you all in game tonight, if I can remember how to play an FPS that is :p

T

Tilda

i have it now, but registration went silly so now im talking to CSR Adrain A to fix it \o/
weill be on VS as Tilda if / when i get it sorted.

Tilda

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I'll have it next wednesday... and I am already suffering from withdrawel?

Looked into the races a little and think I'll go Vanu, too... so if you want Unca Sick in your outfit.... /flex

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I'll have it next wednesday... and I am already suffering from withdrawel?

Looked into the races a little and think I'll go Vanu, too... so if you want Unca Sick in your outfit.... /flex

Of course! Just need to know char names so I can look out for them. Tilda of course has said, but the others? what char names are you intending to get, and if you already made your chars, what char name have you got.

Me and Venom have logged off for a bit due to having played since 8am this morning, but we might be on later, we could certainly arrange to get on to invite people, if not, I will be on tomorrow at the very least (although he's talking some rubbish about some raid on some castle thing somewhere :p )

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hmmm... if it's not taken, I will use "Animul", of course.;)

Just like in the good, old Camlann days. KOS! KOS!

P

[PS]Nova

I'll keep an eye out for you if you want to join us ;)

Let me know either on here or PM me if you have a different char name and you would like to join :)

We're currently 8th in the leaderboard of outfits on points and 6th on number of members :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom