Wonky missile aimed at Israel ends up hitting Aqaba, Jordan

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Every religion IS the same: they require the action called believing to be performed

Every religious person IS the same: they perform the above action - sustaining the religion

They may differ massively in their personalities/circumstances etc, but these two things link all religions and religious people together.

To the detriment of all humankind IMHO.

You don't leave the similares to that though, do you?

I'm being up front and honest about my motivations. No hiding it from me.

You two are in denial :)

That's your claim, i'm in no denial at all. You on the other hand only came up with this "i'm just trolling" when faced with a hard question.

Not to mention, that answer has nothing to do with what i said.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Whether or not that's the case, do you genuinely believe that there will ever be a time when the majority of Christians actually stop twisting the Bible's message?

The NT contains warning that apostasy would enter into the Church after the death of the Apostles, and that is exactly what happened. Gnosticism crept in with rather obnoxious beliefs and practices, and a lot of the apocryphal books are related to gnosticism.

More mainstream - philosophy, which was the "science" of the age and used with understanding all matters, was applied to Christianity. Then, later again, there was full scale alignment of pagan beliefs with Christian ones, introducing Christmas and other practices.

All forms of human belief and endeavour can be subject to corruption and distortion, but yes the Bible does say that there will be a reckoning ... with the whole world, but first with those who claim to serve God.

I have no timescale for you sadly :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does somebody provide you with these meta-ethics to follow, or are they self-determined? I would argue that many self-determined morals are because we are made in God's image, you would disagree.

However the fact remains you are taking exception to what I said without asking me to clarify it. I have now clarified it.

No no no. Meta-ethics is the study of what ethics IS. Where it comes from. What it means. What is going on when people debate ethical issues. Hence the meta.

It's not about any individual imperitives or standards. It's a step removed from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom