Wonky missile aimed at Israel ends up hitting Aqaba, Jordan

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Typical - Egyptians are a bunch of Ankhers anyway.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
When I read thread title my first thought was of the US's track record in well aimed munitions. Somewhat surprised the topic has nothing to do with the Yanks.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Such a beautiful and peaceful part of the world, but extremists recognise nothing but their own agendas. Having travelled through the Sinai I can't say I'm too surprised that extremist groups are operating there, it must be very hard for the authorities to track them and control them given the huge area they would have to cover.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's their highly technical and advanced weaponry that scares me the most.

Poor poor, er, Israel?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think this calls for the immediate air strike of a school or market.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes. And a severe ramping up of the restrictions of the importation of dangerous foodstuffs.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Did nobody enjoy my Egyptian punnery? :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Did nobody enjoy my Egyptian punnery? :(

I was actually re-reading the thread and was about to post about that particular gem, but you're too impatient. So, no. I hated it :p

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If I stayed at that hotel I'd want my mummy back...

On a totally serious note, tragic that someone died, even more tragic is that no one in the Arab world will publicly condemn the rocket attacks. Because we all know that Aqaba wasn't the target...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If I stayed at that hotel I'd want my mummy back...

On a totally serious note, tragic that someone died, even more tragic is that no one in the Arab world will publicly condemn the rocket attacks. Because we all know that Aqaba wasn't the target...

I wonder why they were launching rocket attacks, could it be because Israel just bombed another suspected Hamas leader and wounded over 40 civilians?

Where is our anti-Israeli BBC and so forth bashing them over this? CLEARLY Israel is held to a higher standard than other countries!

:lol:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Even better. Stop the illegal occupation of a foreign states land, stop the rocket attacks = peace :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I think that situation has gone well beyond such principled niceties. It has been a complete screw-up since 1948 and it isn't about to get better anytime soon. Besides each act of violence should be considered on its own merits, it isn't acceptable to be firing rockets at civilians just because the other side did it .... that only continues the problem.

But, like I said, the situation has gone beyond such principled niceties.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's been a complete screw up since longer than 1948.

If it's only been a screw up since 1948 then you're not acknowledging enough of the story...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At least they've built a lovely german-style wall around there to keep the riffraff out of their olive groves :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It's been a complete screw up since longer than 1948.

If it's only been a screw up since 1948 then you're not acknowledging enough of the story...

As a student of the Roman and Byzantine Empires I'm very aware of the history of the region, but I would have to say 1948 is a defining date in the history of the current troubles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Roman and Byzantine empires have pretty much fuck all to do with the current troubles and 1948 is a defining date if only if you want to skew any arguments on the current situation in favour of Israel. Israel'd fucking love you for that...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The Roman and Byzantine empires have pretty much fuck all to do with the current troubles and 1948 is a defining date if only if you want to skew any arguments on the current situation in favour of Israel. Israel'd fucking love you for that...

Oh right. So you don't think the original displacement of the Jewish peoples has anything to do with the current situation? And you have absolutely no knowledge of how the Arab and Jewish peoples living in the Middle East got on during the medieval period and therefore it isn't important?

You strike me as a biggot Scouse, and an uninformed one at that. You have a selection of data that you are happy with and don't wish it to be challenged. Go get some facts and get back to me.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Perhaps instead of just attacking and calling him an illinformed bigot you educate him

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Perhaps instead of just attacking and calling him an illinformed bigot you educate him

Its commonly available information, but it doesn't fit his argument therefore he's not interested in it. I accept that there were problems before 1948, mostly arising out of the Ottoman's selling vast parts of Palestine to Jews ... which, interestingly, the modern Turkish authorities have learned from and stopped Greeks purchasing parts of Turkey.

However to ignore 1,800 years of history as it doesnt fit a pre-conceived opinion is a bit rich.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just disagree with your (standard christian/jewish) assesment of the situation, that's all :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I just disagree with your (standard christian/jewish) assesment of the situation, that's all :p

I'm no Zionist, there is plenty of fault on both sides and I can't see an easy solution to the situation either. I think the desire for the Jews to want to return home to the land of their ancestors is quite a natural one, particularly when their religion is so closely tied to the land.

Similarly I can quite understand why the descendents of the Greeks who were uprooted in the population exchange of the 1920's want to return home to the land of their ancestors, but it appears the Turks have learned from past mistakes.

tierk

Part of the furniture
....mostly arising out of the Ottoman's selling vast parts of Palestine to Jews ...

Err hold on a second.

So owning land or property in a country allows you to declare your own your own state??

Using that argument Bradford should be declared part of Pakistan, or Southall should be declared part of India?? Oh and Kensington High Street would be considered Iran :p

Also just for the record, there were no jews in Palestine in any significant numbers prior to the British Mandate, so your whole argument is based on a bunch of BS propaganda being peddled by a bunch of thieves deteremined to justify what has essentially been a land grab.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Err hold on a second.

No, you hold on and go re-read the thread. I'm the one who said 1948 was the pivotal date for the troubles in the region, but this doesn't mean that there were no problems before that -- mostly arising out of the sale of the original kibbutz land to Jews by the Ottoman Empire.

It really isn't something to flame me about, its a matter of historical record and doesn't assign blame to either side.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
1948 is only the pivotal date if you want to make the case for Israel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom