Chronictank

FH is my second home
Been thinking about a report from the Albion TL,
before i start Yes i'm a mid.

I think putting a insta root in
36 earth, or maybe even 44 earth
range: 1500
duration: 10s

for the Wizard earth line is more than fair, albs get the insta they have been qq'ing about for years and a useless line gets revived.
Dont try justify the spell line being good, it isnt i tried it (imagine a 50 supp rm without pbt or speed and thats pretty close to it).

Before you start bitching and whining think about what you type

Discuss

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, ok. An instant in a worthless line which means no one would get it? :D

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
rofl, 10second insta root well mabeh for 18 earth spec i would say ok, but 44? lol

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
10 sec insta root at lvl 18 earth would be nice pls givf

Sure would help wizziez alot tbh

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tbh I don't like the idea of trying to make a line useful by adding insta spells. Insta interrupts, especially AE, are no good on a class that relies on being uninterrupted itself.

The problem of the earth line is, that it's a big heap of stuff. You have DoT, +snare, GTAE, AE root, bolt, dmg shield.....lots of stuff, but all in a more or less useless extent.

A much better idea would be to rework the line by looking a bit at other realms. Fire is definately the purest damage output a wizzy can have at range, including 2 bolts, so I guess we agree that's a bit like void/RC ( I said a BIT! please no QQ ). Then there is ice, which looks a bit like the eld mana line with less utility spells, but added dmg+debuff, which even gets a boost now. So what about earth. Earth should be changed into a more utility line, while dealing with the fact that Mythic does not seem to intend that the wizzy casts any sort of funky stuff like debuffs etc.

GTAE is already a good start, then I'd add in a DD+snare to match the AE DD+snare, giving the line a single target DD at the same time ( lots of wizzies said the line was crap cause they had to rely on either fire or cold DD to deal single target dmg when speccing earth ). Dmg return should be removed or made baseline, cause it's utter useless most of the time.

This would leave the earth line with:

- DD+snare
- AE DD+snare
- AE root
- GTAE
- DoT
- bolt

which doesn't look too bad to me and the changes are rather minor.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
GTAE is already a good start, then I'd add in a DD+snare to match the AE DD+snare, giving the line a single target DD at the same time ( lots of wizzies said the line was crap cause they had to rely on either fire or cold DD to deal single target dmg when speccing earth ). Dmg return should be removed or made baseline, cause it's utter useless most of the time.

This would leave the earth line with:

- DD+snare
- AE DD+snare
- AE root
- GTAE
- DoT
- bolt

which doesn't look too bad to me and the changes are rather minor.

Still dont see why anyone would specc earth over ice or fire even with those changes.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
hehe 10s was a mt had to go work b4 i could edit it :p
range: 1500
area: 150
dur: 20s
at 36 and 31s dur at 44

well seeing as healer insta is at 1500 range too means you have a higher chance of landing it first to stop people spreading for the incoming mez
So yes people might use it and it would make the line alot more attractive and Wizzys more groupable

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
i think it's not helping wizzard to specc earth line, would be simpler if u just delete that line and change it to magician's way of light base line.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
Still dont see why anyone would specc earth over ice or fire even with those changes.

I dont see any problem with matter being a crap line. Most casters have one line that sucks (eld: void, sorc: matter, menta: mentalism, etc etc) and is more or less unspeccable. Matter is a typical sub-spec line (low lvl gtaoe for interrupting for example) - they could maybe rework the aoe root levels a bit.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
giv wiz baseline stun!

...and see the
icon_cry.gif

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
No wiz in his right mind is gonna spec 44 earth...i tried earth spec and belive me it sucks bigtime.
Wiz is in need of something,basically a 3 button class.. bolt bolt dd..dead...crap useless rr5 firewall..single target root..takes ages to cast and just gives a pretty effect of a giant ice berg charging at you laughing.. give insta stun same as some other nuking classes.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I dont see any problem with matter being a crap line. Most casters have one line that sucks (eld: void, sorc: matter, menta: mentalism, etc etc) and is more or less unspeccable. Matter is a typical sub-spec line (low lvl gtaoe for interrupting for example) - they could maybe rework the aoe root levels a bit.
So how would u fix em? cos u have to agree that something is needed?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
before i start Yes i'm a mid.
Heh, you play Albion on Prydwen, and I would not be surprised if one of your chars was a Wizard. :cool:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Heh, you play Albion on Prydwen, and I would not be surprised if one of your chars was a Wizard. :cool:
nop i started one, but no speed made me cry irl :p
so rolled a theurg instead :)

i do disagree with the TL tho, i would rather they made it 35 earth for the ae insta root, means you can go 36 earth/41 fire so have a perfectly resonable bolt (273 delve)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
36 earth just to get 1 decent/usefull spell?the rest of the points wasted to "selfnerf" the only thing a fire wiz has going for him and thats damage.In all the post's about the "best" alb grp setup not one of them includes a wiz....i wonder why.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
nop i started one, but no speed made me cry irl :p
so rolled a theurg instead :)

i do disagree with the TL tho, i would rather they made it 35 earth for the ae insta root, means you can go 36 earth/41 fire so have a perfectly resonable bolt (273 delve)

and a crazy lvl 37 DD with 173 delve !

go go MoF 3.................... :touch:

I'm sry but split speccing a dmg dealer don't work aswell as split speccing a support class

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
How about giving us instant-kill buttons like you have?

Earth sucks in general, I wouldn't spec it for some instant root, however if you put in instant LT and twf3 - i might consider it.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
So how would u fix em? cos u have to agree that something is needed?

i think the spec lines are ok - it's a pure damage caster after all

I can imagine giving them better RAs (maybe ST) and move the baseline fire dd to baseline earth.

The problem is that you would have to make them insanely overpowered to even compete with sorcs/cabas and theurgs. Pure damage casters don't have a role when other casters with lots of utility and pets can do almost the same dmg.
(How many hib groups run mentalists? Mentalist is Hibernia's Wizard - a pure damage mage without a real role in an RvR group)

As long as the number of classes is bigger than the number of group slots you will always have classes that are sub-par to others (in terms of group viability).

Comos

Loyal Freddie
As said before, putting that insta root in the earth line (20+ earth) wouldn't change a thing because no one will spec earth for it.

Make it baseline or a 20 earth spell

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
so Garba what your saying is .. it's all fine and dandy for me to get intsa stunned and nuked to death in a few seconds but for me to be able to do the same thing would make me insanly overpowered?

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Iorlas said:
so Garba what your saying is .. it's all fine and dandy for me to get intsa stunned and nuked to death in a few seconds but for me to be able to do the same thing would make me insanly overpowered?

well said

edit: and we're not talking about a stun here, just a root

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
i think the spec lines are ok - it's a pure damage caster after all

I can imagine giving them better RAs (maybe ST) and move the baseline fire dd to baseline earth.

The problem is that you would have to make them insanely overpowered to even compete with sorcs/cabas and theurgs. Pure damage casters don't have a role when other casters with lots of utility and pets can do almost the same dmg.
(How many hib groups run mentalists? Mentalist is Hibernia's Wizard - a pure damage mage without a real role in an RvR group)

As long as the number of classes is bigger than the number of group slots you will always have classes that are sub-par to others (in terms of group viability).

mentalists still have some utility, like cure mezz, pet for interupts, they can even be used to break mezz/root on them self :p

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:

1) no hib class has insta stun - only albs and mids have that
2) a fire wizard is one of the best caster killers - 2 high delve bolts + a 3rd low delve bolt (still from 1850 range) plus spec dd in same line. No hib or mid caster has the same dmg potential. A high RR fire wizard (fully ToAed and buffed) has a good chance to kill other casters with his 2 bolts: no chance for the healers to react.

A fire wizard in keep fights is very deadly. On the other hand they are not so good in open field RvR. I don't know what the problem is - different classes have different roles and the wizard's role is more that of a siege class.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
mentalists still have some utility, like cure mezz, pet for interupts, they can even be used to break mezz/root on them self :p

try to use a pet in RvR as mentalist - please do: the moment the pet walks out of tether range it will turn on the owner; a tank would have to taunt it 3-4 times before it backs off
2 resists and the charm breaks, you are in combat, you lose speed, etc etc

The pet is very nice in PvE but sucks inRvR - I can live with that trade-off (unlike sorcs who don't have any trade-offs concerning their pet)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Garbannoch said:
2) a fire wizard is one of the best caster killers - 2 high delve bolts + a 3rd low delve bolt (still from 1850 range) plus spec dd in same line. No hib or mid caster has the same dmg potential. A high RR fire wizard (fully ToAed and buffed) has a good chance to kill other casters with his 2 bolts: no chance for the healers to react.

A fire wizard in keep fights is very deadly. On the other hand they are not so good in open field RvR. I don't know what the problem is - different classes have different roles and the wizard's role is more that of a siege class.

I can tell u the 4 problems there r according to me

1. Resists our enemys get resists in a class that every group(mayby not a random)has which cripples us bad
2. Interupts most other caster has someway of interupting or lowering our casttime (debuffs) while we only have dmg.
3 Stun on caster ffs :(
4. NS on a viable line Matter cabby wtf

I dont say however that wizzyz is the only class that needs some umpf but they sure need it

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
oh yes one more thing about insta root:
NO WAY. I am totally against any insta spells that interrupt, especially on mages. Bonedancers and warlocks are fubared - and I don't think that giving other classes the same crap is a good solution.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

I'm sorry to say you don't have a clue how fire wiz works.Delve wotever you want if your dead it doesn't make a bit of difference.
wtf you get the idea a wizard is a siege class?(made me laugh in rl )picked off by assit archers b4 i can even bolt, the high delve is sure usefull eh?
no insta stun .. ok fair enuff... gimme the same thing that makes me unable to move/do anything at all while i'm nuked to death in seconds.
you compair me to a mentalist as pure dmg dealer ok...give me some utility like a mentalist.. demezz and pet would be a start ...no?
Tell ya wot Garba .. have my account for a few days see exactly how you get on playing fire wiz..or maybe a bit too much of a chalenge for you.

majik

Banned
Iorlas said:
I'm sorry to say you don't have a clue how fire wiz works.Delve wotever you want if your dead it doesn't make a bit of difference.
wtf you get the idea a wizard is a siege class?(made me laugh in rl )picked off by assit archers b4 i can even bolt, the high delve is sure usefull eh?
no insta stun .. ok fair enuff... gimme the same thing that makes me unable to move/do anything at all while i'm nuked to death in seconds.
you compair me to a mentalist as pure dmg dealer ok...give me some utility like a mentalist.. demezz and pet would be a start ...no?
Tell ya wot Garba .. have my account for a few days see exactly how you get on playing fire wiz..or maybe a bit too much of a chalenge for you.

If a fire wiz inside a keep is able to hit with ae nuke and stop people from casting while doing decent damage, then it's good as a siege class.

If you combine a fire wizard with a body sorc or a split spec sorc with heat debuff, you have a very high utility caster with resist debuffs, d/q debuffs, s/c debuffs ae root ae mez, amnesia, speed, mez dampening, and a pure damage caster nuking. The combination can be deadly if the people using it have the brain power to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom