Wizard - Insta Root

[VR]Fuji

Fledgling Freddie
Dosnt seem to be any problem for aurores! he can handle his char better then most :)

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
2 swings? no way

lets assume the sb/ns misses the front / back critical style (cuz otherwise there's no hope for the wiz at all)

stealther attacks - 1st swing hits
wizard notices, and presses qc + spamming Anchor of Ice - 2nd swing hits
Spell gets cast, target gets rooted - 3rd swing
Wizard turns and tries to run - 4th swing most likely hits before wizard gets out of melee range especially when snared poison was applied

now if by a bt or brittle you can get away with this while getting hit 3 times (very lucky wiz) and the sb/ns didnt purge (even more lucky wiz) or didn't vanish (no one's this lucky :) )
you got a wiz with practicly no hp left, who's prolly snared and dotted as well.... gl surviving
I know this movie too xD

PD: lol @ peeps talking about wizz that never play a wizz ( more than a year (if you will try say muahahahah i play one day in bg in prydwend my lvl 24 wizz XDXD nas nas) )

siaka

Banned
Tootz said:
Thats not strictly true. If you shoot any Hib caster then the first thing they'll do is quickcast stun you. After that its 3 nukes in 3 seconds and you're dead. Even if you purge the stun, their cast speed is so fast you won't have chance to get another shot off.

ok ;), while your talking about hibs nuking too fast maybe you would like to know that alb are the only realm with a baseline level 50 lifetap nuke, this is also the fastest nuke ingame.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Aurores said:
Yes we are good in keeps garba but what do you talking about.
When me and Xandro played as a firewiz grp in The Nalbs we had really no probbs to meet good fgs in rvr. sometimes we lost sometimes we win but it worked really nice for us. So i cant see your point. :wanker:

Noone said they can't kill anything - it's just that caba/sorc/theurg are _better_ for fg fights. Wizards are very nice to almost instantly kill a caster (very frontloaded - not as bad as warlocks but still nice dmg). The problem is that once a wizard dies he is useless - while the other casters still can pet/debuff/interrupt etc.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
illiterate idiots come out the woodworks in these threads dont they

Far from illiterate, guess the style of English was just over your head...

And no, it wasn't +1, it was a valid comment on your comments ;)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
no archer shoots from <=1500 range

Garba... there's this thing called "stealth"... :)

I agree with you though - more insta interrupts in the game would be bad.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Comos said:
it would most deffinately help the class
An insta root would give wizards the time to get some distance from an attacking sb/ns. As it is, quickcasting Anchor of Ice + sprinting away is much too slow; a good sb/ns can kill you easily in that time. Not to mention while ppl can still abuse the /face bug.

Aye we wouldnt want stealthers to kill a solo caster; I mean cmon that's retarded. Caster should win 100% of the time when a stealthed melee-class jumps em.

Surely stealthers have a hard time against sorcs, caba's, theurgists, spiritmasters, bonedancers, warlocks (and prolly a few Hib classes too; but atleast I dont fight those) so its totally fair wizards should ALSO get some 'I win' against every stealther.

How about making casters actually a valid target for stealthers instead of spicing casters more and more up to become better at taking melee-damage then any other class.

3 Brittles, Bladeturn, spec-AF from cleric means Albion caster prolly survives melee longer then a lonely lurikeen stealther. So much for balance huh

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
At present Wizards are good in certain situations like Keeps and stand offs.

But stick them in the open field against almost any other class and more often than not they will come out the loser.

On the subject of stealthers popping on a Wizard, I would be ashamed if I was a Stealther who did this and lost to the Wizard. Yeah QC+root is nice but if the stealther purges (and in the majority of cases they will be able to) or the root is resisted it is a game over for the Wizard. I play a Sorcerer mostly these days and with that char I can make a fight of it provided I have a decent pet but the Wizard is just screwed in that situation. For the Wizard to win EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING has to go right, other classes have a few "get out of jail free cards" they can play but the Wizard doesn't. Sure Bladeturn and Brittle Guards will help, but a clever player maybe will leave a caster alone with Brittle Guards following, what do you want the realm points handed to you on a plate. I suspect out of all the casters in the game the majority of stealther will put the Wizard top of their easiest to kill list.

Oh, and Instant Root isn't the answer. I wish instants (except for healing classes) were removed from the game.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
Are you stupid or something? Why do you keep on insisting that hibs have slower nukes than mid/albs? There is this thing called dexterity...
Void nukes are lower delve and slower than baseline lifetap, and lower delve than any other base nuke (in hib or alb). Void lacks a spec nuke. Would wizards really give up their spec nuke being in their bolt line for stun?

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
No more insta's spells please.. i beg you.. no more insta's spells :,(

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Void nukes are lower delve and slower than baseline lifetap, and lower delve than any other base nuke (in hib or alb). Void lacks a spec nuke. Would wizards really give up their spec nuke being in their bolt line for stun?

Give us a debuff for our base nuke then the answer is yes.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:

just have 1 body sorc + fire wiz assisting eachother, that kills anything in a few secs

50% heat debuff make my wiz nuke for a bit below 795 + crits and with 370 dex that is still pretty fast, sorc debuff and nuke and when the 2n'd nuke from the wiz have landed almost anything is dead anyway

I was in grp with a body sorc in old fronteers when I got the 2nd nuke off on anything was dead except heavy tanks...

oh and about stealthers :p Fire balls are like heat weapons, they give a sweeeeet + on leather ;P
and I have mocced solo SBs down with pbaoe when my wiz was ice specced a lot of times when I couldn't get grp, then just press moc when he jump u, purge Stun if he get CD in on u and he will go down before u :p
- and repeat 30 mins later when everything is up agiain :>

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:

fuck up matter spec then :p

give heat debuff in matter spec and a spec stun, I don't wanna loose the spec DD in fire line even tho I rarely play him, have u even got an idear how much power it cost to use an unspecced baseline DD on a chanter ? :eek6:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
^ has a nice view on things

even tho the moc pbae thing is really sick :p

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:

ok,so now u are compairing Sorcs casting speed with Eld's void line, in a post about wizzies ^^
but I don't see the delve or the speed is lower than the fire base nuke tbh

Eld void base nuke
DAMAGE -
CAST 2.6s
47 Major Ethereal Devastation 171 D 30 PP

wizzie fire base nue
DAMAGE -
CAST 2.6s
47 Fiery Maelstrom (Major) 171 D 30 PP

Sorcs baseline (note they had lvl 45 nuke as the highest for a long time)
LIFEDRAIN
CAST 2.5s
45 Superior Essence Consumption 164 D 60% 29 PP
50 Essence Devourer 179 D 60% 33 PP

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
^ has a nice view on things

even tho the moc pbae thing is really sick :p

specially because the lame n00bs stealthers can't abuse run trough bug thingy

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
If a fire wiz inside a keep is able to hit with ae nuke and stop people from casting while doing decent damage, then it's good as a siege class.

If you combine a fire wizard with a body sorc or a split spec sorc with heat debuff, you have a very high utility caster with resist debuffs, d/q debuffs, s/c debuffs ae root ae mez, amnesia, speed, mez dampening, and a pure damage caster nuking. The combination can be deadly if the people using it have the brain power to make it work.

LOL.

Yes - the combination can be very strong, but ofc requires 2 people to
perform.

Hib casters can stun (without purge and MoC - you're then deadmeat)
and nuke - free in the knowledge they can't be hit back. So it doesn't
matter if you are a hybrid/low RR det tank/caster - if you come up one
vs one with the hib caster and he gets (qc) stun off, 90% of the time
you're dead. You're like warlock but with damage spread out and not so
frontloaded.

Imho - give any Wiz the option of baseline stun + lower dmg/fewer bolts
and they would all take it. Why should Mids and Hibs have a primary nuker
with the ability to either frontload everything (way too much for a healer to
heal in time) or incapacitate a foe with no chance to retaliate for longer
than it takes to nuke to death ?

How does the Wiz remotely compare ?

Add to that

the Eldritch can Nearsight further than the Wiz can bolt.
the Eldritch can drop AE Mezz

the Warlock can Nearsight further than the Wiz can bolt
the Warlock (depending on Spec) can bolt further than the Wiz
the Warlock can kill with his DoT

Wiz have insane miss rate on their bolts, and recast timer makes them a
bog-standard nuker after they have 'shot their bolts'...

Insta-root imho would not even come close to bringing the Wiz inline with
counterpart primary nukers.

People sometimes say "skilled players picked Mid/Hib at the start", since
people didn't know what to expect, this comment always made me laugh.

On top of this being able to stun and nuke someone to death, is akin to
being skilled by beating a man tied to a chair. Being able to unload all your
chambers instantly whilst being able to powerlessly spreadheal yourself/group
is akin to getting two fighters in a boxing ring and giving one of them a gun
and a team of medics, and calling it a fair fight.

If anyone thinks that given an even number of regular lev50's in RvR, Hib and
Mid wouldn't overwhelm Albs, you're insane. Doesn't matter - we'll continue
in the underpowered/"overpopulated" realm of Zergion, and let the organised
guild groups show what a bit of organisation/teamwork/skill in /hardmode can
do :)

Skilled players ? nah - /easymode

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
you're so biased and wrong it's not even worth replying to aeoric ;)

coming from someone with insta stun aswell, that is some hillarious stuff :worthy:

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

coming from someone with insta stun aswell, that is some hillarious stuff :worthy:

Minstrel stun = range 700, recast 10s
Hib Casters = range 1500, recast <none>

Minstrel can't bring that recast timer down, Casters just bump dex

You can (and often do) stun and nuke me to death before I'm close enough
to stun you. Anyway you're deviating from the Wiz-vs-Eld-vs-Warlock
point.

but taken that aside, is the Minstrel meant to MA for the Wizard ?

Hibs can stun/nuke their own targets.

Anyway - glad you found it funny, humour in the truth

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

hehe mincer is overpowered no discussion about that :p hehe

but the only thing that really made wizzies worth playing in old fronteers was the INSTANT xD VP, pure killer RA, Spec bolt + VP = dead caster
If there's a fg inc, and u are solo, AE nuke as much as u can and fire VP, some might die xD
Chanter inc to to, fire spec bolt and press VP(was also bolt range xD) (I have killed loads of casters this way before they got any chance to do anything)

when I was ice specced, MoC pbaoe and fire VP, also a killer combo... but that was when it was isntant, costed 14 pts, and wizzies was worth playing just for that RA hehe

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Would have been nice if this was on the albion forum and ppl who actually played a wizard for more then a year got to talk about the insta root that may or may not be given to us.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
Would have been nice if this was on the albion forum and ppl who actually played a wizard for more then a year got to talk about the insta root that may or may not be given to us.

instant root would not be a very big diffrence tbh, they would put it in the earth line, and I doubt meny will leave the best bolt and nuke or pbaoe out to get some instant CC....

Sorcs = CC etc...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
hmm hib stun was never an issue for me, though i had decent interrupters most of the time (ok i played op sm , but no op against casturz!). 3 Power relics were thousand times worse :D

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
fuck up matter spec then :p

give heat debuff in matter spec and a spec stun, I don't wanna loose the spec DD in fire line even tho I rarely play him, have u even got an idear how much power it cost to use an unspecced baseline DD on a chanter ? :eek6:

Yes it was just a quick throw away comment I made to a suggestion made.

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Aeoric said:
Anyway you're deviating from the Wiz-vs-Eld-vs-Warlock
point.

why are u comparing warlock with wiz an eld?

me thinks its Wiz-vs-Eld-vs-RM :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>me thinks its Wiz-vs-Eld-vs-RM

fire or earth wiz - vs - eld - vs - rm, yes, but,
ice wiz - vs - eld or ench - vs - SM.

the bolt caster discussion and the pbaoe caster discussion are completely diff, though they are both part of the wiz class.

Where the fire wiz has the advantage of being able to kill another caster before he gets into dd/cc range, an ice wiz is prety much at a disadavantage against ANY other caster in the game.

On the other side, a (few) stealhers are free RP however when i have moc, WoF, 4 brittle guards and BT up... without those toys i am just as much free rp to them however.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
Why? Eldritches can't...

FreezingWiz said:
but I don't see the delve or the speed is lower than the fire base nuke tbh
True, though why a wizard would use his base nuke when he has a spec nuke in the same line I don't know.
It does delve below the hib light base nuke and alb ice base nuke though, and below lifetap.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:

/edit: Removed because I can't read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom