Wizard - Insta Root

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Garbannoch said:
oh yes one more thing about insta root:
NO WAY. I am totally against any insta spells that interrupt, especially on mages. Bonedancers and warlocks are fubared - and I don't think that giving other classes the same crap is a good solution.

sounds funny from someone whos FG/guild/realm has been abusing it from beta? (Hi chanters!)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
If a fire wiz inside a keep is able to hit with ae nuke and stop people from casting while doing decent damage, then it's good as a siege class.

If you combine a fire wizard with a body sorc or a split spec sorc with heat debuff, you have a very high utility caster with resist debuffs, d/q debuffs, s/c debuffs ae root ae mez, amnesia, speed, mez dampening, and a pure damage caster nuking. The combination can be deadly if the people using it have the brain power to make it work.
A fire wiz inside a keep has to have los to use ae nuke,i refer you to my point... assist archers kill me b4 i can bolt..so standing in full sight using ae makes it better?
The discussion is about wizards why bring sorc into it?? anyone with a bit of brain power can see that.
as enjoyable as this is i now have to go untill saturday.

majik

Banned
Iorlas said:
A fire wiz inside a keep has to have los to use ae nuke,i refer you to my point... assist archers kill me b4 i can bolt..so standing in full sight using ae makes it better?
The discussion is about wizards why bring sorc into it?? anyone with a bit of brain power can see that.

Anyone with brain power wouldn't solo as a non speed caster class, seriously certain classes in this game are designed to work in conjuction with each other. Sorcs do not have any heat spells but have heat debuff, has this confused you for a long time or did you think ae mez was heat damage or something?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Ckiller said:
1. Resists our enemys get resists in a class that every group(mayby not a random)has which cripples us bad
Like every other caster
If a alb grp doesnt have a pala/friar it is gimped

I think wizards should get nearsight/speed, the insta root like garbo said seems like a quick fix if it were implemented.
But saying that what would it achieve? Caba is still better in terms of nearsight and sorc will always have speed.
Perhaps put insta root at 24 spec with a short dur

Acrantophis

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch, not here to hump your leg or anything, but then Enchanter's have been Fubared for a LOOOOOONG time already with their "INSTANT" dps debuff that INTERRUPTED.

Its not untill the later days they've been nerfed out of it, and seriously, If mythic would pull their head out of their ass they would rid the baseline stun, and completley remove the warlocks as they are so shittily insanley op, and give us some damned petspammer instead (that can be interrupted).

I remember in OF we're you actually could run solo, and GG's just rooted/mezed you and let you be, these days even GG's like DH ,LA , AD , FC etc instakills everything they see. (But i belive mid gg's do so to , SHAME ON YOU!)

(So not so strange all mids play warlocks that can burn through di3 and still kill 1-3ppl).

Sorry for the semi OT bit.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
majik said:
If you combine a fire wizard with a body sorc or a split spec sorc with heat debuff
Take your pathetic insults elsewhere, it is clear you are too new to the game or the server to know about the GoL elementalist debuff group with Stt, Zoyster, Outlaw and, yes, Iorlas, back in the day. The discussion is not about having the "brain power" to add a Sorcerer to the equation, it is exclusively about a single class, the Wizard.

Also, what's wrong about soloing with a non-speed caster class anyway? There are lots of examples of people who have made quite a good performance even without speed. But, anything to score a point, I guess. :rolleyes:

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Iorlas said:

atleast you dont have to face scouts :p

and wizard is probably the best siege class after warlock :p

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
Well that is one prob too that we have to have a pala and/or friar to not be gimped. Then we lose one or two spots when mids/hibs have more utility in one character. We need to bring an extra one :/

PS. Hey Belo :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
garba played fire wiz on test server iirc :D

i would give sumthing like 10-15% resist debuff component on fire dd, if they are a pure dmg dealing class why dont let em deal dmg, not that i would take a wiz over a caba still but at least their "nukah of ze albion" would stand correct.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
giv wiz baseline stun!

...and see the
icon_cry.gif
Aye and nerf their damage, and cast speed down to void eld ... And see the tears flow..

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Yes i'm a mid.

It shows. You clearly don't know much about the alb classes you talk about and yet talk as if you know more than any alb.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
funny how people put things in my mouth i have never said

1) chanter dps debuff was bugged; and yes everyone used it (same as healer/chanter/theurg asd debuffs before). But again it was a BUG and not a deliberate design decision like insta interrupting spells that warlocks and BDs have.

2) dunno why you drag archers into this equation. They affect all casters not only wizards or do you think it's different for an eld or runemaster to be shot by an archer?

3) again you fail to see the good thing about the wizard and that is the concentration of damage spells in the fire line; no other class has 2 bolts, a high delve spec dd and an aoe dd in the same line. Alb has enough utility casters and that's why wizard is left with pure damage spells. And yes they are awesome in keep fights and extremely fun to play imo.

4) If you don't enjoy playing one then simply don't and roll a sorc or caba like 90% of albion did. I stick to it: fire wizards are fun and efficient in siege situations but yes, they don't shine in fg fights.

majik

Banned
Belomar said:
Take your pathetic insults elsewhere, it is clear you are too new to the game or the server to know about the GoL elementalist debuff group with Stt, Zoyster, Outlaw and, yes, Iorlas, back in the day. The discussion is not about having the "brain power" to add a Sorcerer to the equation, it is exclusively about a single class, the Wizard.

Also, what's wrong about soloing with a non-speed caster class anyway? There are lots of examples of people who have made quite a good performance even without speed. But, anything to score a point, I guess. :rolleyes:

I used no insult, I repeated what Iorlas used in sarcasm. If you feel like roleplaying the better person at least get a grasp of what I was saying. If you judge how good a wizard can be entirely upon it's ability to solo, then you really do need insulting.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Aye and nerf their damage, and cast speed down to void eld ... And see the tears flow..

Are you stupid or something? Why do you keep on insisting that hibs have slower nukes than mid/albs? There is this thing called dexterity...

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Urgluf said:
sounds funny from someone whos FG/guild/realm has been abusing it from beta? (Hi chanters!)

very true

Another thing garbannoch, god forbid we got an insta root! That'll do what, interrupt a caster for 2 sec if he doesn't use qc? While a quickcast stun from a chanter means certain dead for any caster, purge up or not. Unless you're almost at max range you'll never be able to purge and run out of range before a decent chanter kills you. This must have been said a million times before, but I don't care...

Garbannoch said:
1) chanter dps debuff was bugged; and yes everyone used it (same as healer/chanter/theurg asd debuffs before). But again it was a BUG and not a deliberate design decision like insta interrupting spells that warlocks and BDs have.

So you know it's a bug and you use it to your advantage for interruption purpose only. Even thought they fixed it, can someone explain the difference between this bug '(ab)using' and getting on a tent in AC and pbaoe-ing dozains of mobs while they cant hit you?
"Hey I just thought the tent was magical and protected me with a barrier that prevented mobs from meleeing me /SHRUG"

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
it's not that the actual root spell would be overpowered, it's just the principle of adding more insta interrupts to the game is silly

it wouldn't help the class/specline a single bit either

garba summed it up nicely, its a very fun and effective class in sieges, but not in fg vs fg. big deal? no, a lot of classes aren't suited for fg vs fg

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
It shows. You clearly don't know much about the alb classes you talk about and yet talk as if you know more than any alb.
illiterate idiots come out the woodworks in these threads dont they

this was a suggestion made by the ALBION TL, i simply said discuss as said in the first post.
It was a discussion topic its a shame forum trolls cant keep their +1 out of every thread in existance

yes i have albs on prywden which was also pointed out IN THIS THREAD, pretty much sums up you havent read any of it.

Back on topic, very few casters have a completely useless line, e.g the theurgist earth line is pretty useless in rvr but pve wise its very good with pbt and the other tweaks they get. wizzy earth line is pretty redundant in that aspec also. I see why they need the boost but what could they be given to make them more viable without unbalanciing the class :)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
very true

Another thing garbannoch, god forbid we got an insta root! That'll do what, interrupt a caster for 2 sec if he doesn't use qc? While a quickcast stun from a chanter means certain dead for any caster, purge up or not. Unless you're almost at max range you'll never be able to purge and run out of range before a decent chanter kills you. This must have been said a million times before, but I don't care...

or you throw 3 bolts at the chanter before he can even get into stun range... hard to pull off in open field but very easy in siege situations where YOU decide the distance.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
it's not that the actual root spell would be overpowered, it's just the principle of adding more insta interrupts to the game is silly

it wouldn't help the class/specline a single bit either

garba summed it up nicely, its a very fun and effective class in sieges, but not in fg vs fg. big deal? no, a lot of classes aren't suited for fg vs fg

it would most deffinately help the class
An insta root would give wizards the time to get some distance from an attacking sb/ns. As it is, quickcasting Anchor of Ice + sprinting away is much too slow; a good sb/ns can kill you easily in that time. Not to mention while ppl can still abuse the /face bug.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Comos said:
An insta root would give wizards the time to get some distance from an attacking sb/ns. As it is, quickcasting Anchor of Ice + sprinting away is much too slow; a good sb/ns can kill you easily in that time. Not to mention while ppl can still abuse the /face bug.
Runemasters face the same problem with the root, and no insta root isnt the solution tbh.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
atleast you dont have to face scouts :p

and wizard is probably the best siege class after warlock :p

Actually caster stun > all in keep fights (xcept wl)

So we would come in 6th place *hurray*

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:

it's not too slow, gl finding anyone that can kill alb mage with spec af in 2 second it takes to quickcast (two swings)

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
2) dunno why you drag archers into this equation. They affect all casters not only wizards or do you think it's different for an eld or runemaster to be shot by an archer?

Thats not strictly true. If you shoot any Hib caster then the first thing they'll do is quickcast stun you. After that its 3 nukes in 3 seconds and you're dead. Even if you purge the stun, their cast speed is so fast you won't have chance to get another shot off. For some unknown reason, Hibs have kept baseline stun all this time while the same abilitiy was removed from the other realms' casters in beta (including wizzies).

Mids on the otherhand, have an intercepting pet on one of their casters which takes virtually all the damage, leaving them to nuke you for 500+ every second. They have insta lifetaps and healing pets on another of their caster classes, and in their latest addition to the overpowered tree, insta death in less than a second. This leaves the only mid caster you even stand a chance against being Runemasters - but these are a dying species, as Mids being Mids have long since rerolled to the latest fotm gank class.

Now if we take a look at Albion, if a wizzy gets shot, then unless they have MoC3 they're pretty much dead. Granted, Sorcs can get a quickcast mezz off, and cabi's/theurgs can use pets to interupt, but wizzies have absolutely no defence against archers other than their self BT and these are supposed to be the primary casting class of Albion.

Its time that Mythic gave wizzies Nearsight in one of the lines, as this would balance the 3 realms because at the minute, both Hibs and Mids have 2 nearsighting chars, and Alb as usual has the short straw with only 1.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
Its time that Mythic gave wizzies Nearsight in one of the lines, as this would balance the 3 realms because at the minute, both Hibs and Mids have 2 nearsighting chars, and Alb as usual has the short straw with only 1.

The old Wizard TL pushed quite hard I think for Nearsight to be added to Wizard. He quit as Wizard TL shorty afterwards.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
it's not too slow, gl finding anyone that can kill alb mage with spec af in 2 second it takes to quickcast (two swings)

2 swings? no way

lets assume the sb/ns misses the front / back critical style (cuz otherwise there's no hope for the wiz at all)

stealther attacks - 1st swing hits
wizard notices, and presses qc + spamming Anchor of Ice - 2nd swing hits
Spell gets cast, target gets rooted - 3rd swing
Wizard turns and tries to run - 4th swing most likely hits before wizard gets out of melee range especially when snared poison was applied

now if by a bt or brittle you can get away with this while getting hit 3 times (very lucky wiz) and the sb/ns didnt purge (even more lucky wiz) or didn't vanish (no one's this lucky :) )
you got a wiz with practicly no hp left, who's prolly snared and dotted as well.... gl surviving

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

Well even if you land root, you take a sec to get out of range. In most cases, that is not enuf. The only exception would be if stealther miss backstab or pa or whatever it is he's trying, but then again - any caster in this game would survive that.

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
2 swings? no way

lets assume the sb/ns misses the front / back critical style (cuz otherwise there's no hope for the wiz at all)

stealther attacks - 1st swing hits
wizard notices, and presses qc + spamming Anchor of Ice - 2nd swing hits
Spell gets cast, target gets rooted - 3rd swing
Wizard turns and tries to run - 4th swing most likely hits before wizard gets out of melee range especially when snared poison was applied

now if by a bt or brittle you can get away with this while getting hit 3 times (very lucky wiz) and the sb/ns didnt purge (even more lucky wiz) or didn't vanish (no one's this lucky :) )
you got a wiz with practicly no hp left, who's prolly snared and dotted as well.... gl surviving

reroll a theurg tbh minion rescue > stealthers :p

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
It would be like.. bolt bolt bolt bolt bolt bolt bolt bolt bolt insta root ?

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
Thats not strictly true. If you shoot any Hib caster then the first thing they'll do is quickcast stun you. After that its 3 nukes in 3 seconds and you're dead. Even if you purge the stun, their cast speed is so fast you won't have chance to get another shot off. For some unknown reason, Hibs have kept baseline stun all this time while the same abilitiy was removed from the other realms' casters in beta (including wizzies).

no archer shoots from <=1500 range
hibs don't nuke any faster than albs - rather the opposite is the case if you keep in mind that probably 50% of alb mages in RvR use lifetap as their main damage spell

Aurores

One of Freddy's beloved
Garbannoch said:
1) no hib class has insta stun - only albs and mids have that
2) a fire wizard is one of the best caster killers - 2 high delve bolts + a 3rd low delve bolt (still from 1850 range) plus spec dd in same line. No hib or mid caster has the same dmg potential. A high RR fire wizard (fully ToAed and buffed) has a good chance to kill other casters with his 2 bolts: no chance for the healers to react.

A fire wizard in keep fights is very deadly. On the other hand they are not so good in open field RvR. I don't know what the problem is - different classes have different roles and the wizard's role is more that of a siege class.

Yes we are good in keeps garba but what do you talking about.
When me and Xandro played as a firewiz grp in The Nalbs we had really no probbs to meet good fgs in rvr. sometimes we lost sometimes we win but it worked really nice for us. So i cant see your point. :wanker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom