Witch crafting earn's most money?

O

old_saxo

Topic says it all so go on tell what you think earn most money

L

Lizia

SC earns the most cash. All other crafts can make cash from MP orders by selling the 99%q ones they make in the process to others.

Lizia

O

old.Reno

Trinketing makes cash.
Unless you are almost a full time crafter with a large customer base in a very wanted field of crafting, don't expect to ever make back your skilling up cost through crafting.

Danita

O

old.Ramas

None of them.

Espeicially not SC.

Crafting is an activity that consumes money. No body is willing to pay for your time, and certainly not willing to pay for the plat you sink into levelling up.

Craft if you enjoy it.

Farm DF if you want to get rich.

Only way craft skills can contribute significantly to your wealth generated per hour is through /salvage.

Any of the mundane tradeskills can /salvage, so long as you raise the appropriate secondary skills. So if you are in it for the money, choose tailoring, which is the cheapest/quickest to level up, then hunt in DF for diamonds, and buy DF gear to /salvage, finally convert the material you salvage into trinkets and sell the trinkets to merchants.

V

Vim

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=51381946&replies=148 <- See this

For tailoring:

Tailoring
Cost to LGM : 3 Plat (1100 5 Plat)

Skill Guide : http://strategy.guardiansofvalor.com/Strategy/Images/Tailoring.jpg

000-300 1g
301-400 29g
401-500 108g
501-600 277g
601-700 629g
701-800 1.3p
801-900 2.1p
901-1000 3.4p
1001-1100 5p

Note that (AFAIK) atm Leather salvaging is counted by TAILORING (not leatherwork like it should). Not sure if it's true anymore as im a tailor so can't see a difference..

C

[CT] Sock

^^

What he said. If you want money - stay away from crafting and farm in DF or Avalon. Get a couple of Necros in Avalon and you're making shit loads of cash. Crafting takes AGES to skill up, and like he said above very few people will pay you what you want for the items - basic mentality of people really.

I'm training a tailor to LGM for purely /salvage and /trinket. Been at it about 2 weeks now on and off, and she's at 650 - and 650 in all secondaries to which is only tier 6 trinketing - not worth it yet by a long shot. Takes about 6 plat to make LGM in Tailoring and Secondaries, and takes about 3 weeks depending how long you play for each day.

3 Weeks spent in Avalon or DF would yield a LOT more than 6 plat in a good group, or Necros in a pair.

O

old_saxo

ok it just that i saw crafters whit 2xx P and somthing like that and well i thought instead of doing pve i could craft and get very rich and buy Sidi items instead etc :D

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by old_saxo
ok it just that i saw crafters whit 2xx P and somthing like that and well i thought instead of doing pve i could craft and get very rich and buy Sidi items instead etc :D

well u need some1 to sell u seals & buy u´r crafted stuff... and atm there is a lot crafters; and more comming.... most ppl have armor and SCed stuff now... and less will be needing it...

O

old.Ramas

They can craft *because* they are rich.

They don't get rich because they craft.

You have cause and effect mixed up ;)

K

kirennia

tbh m8, they probably get seals from DF and macro trinket em...

A

Apathy

With an LGM AC and tailor, doing AC orders only, I made around 50p total or something. Spent around 20p of that on random stuff. Cost me around 25p to get two LGMs. Took months of crafting and putting up with shit from twats. It's not worth it.

Contrast this with PLing a buffbot at white lights with a necro - 46 levels and salvaging the cloth and staffs makes around 17p or so and takes three days. You also get a buffbot or whatever FotM you want. I guess you could trinket the cloth and wood too but I never had time to do that. I looked into it a bit and it DID provide a lot more money when trinketing cloth even though I had to buy more material.

Salvage+trinket is the best way to make money. Anything that involves the spasticated hordes of Albion just results in stress, irritation and reduced profit.

a.

O

old.Kian

You don't even need to be LGM crafter to make money from salvaging... 800 metalwork is quite sufficient for DF items (as they all salvage for tier 8 materials, asterite and what-have-you), and good old DF is still the money pit at the heart of DAoC's economy.

Problem is there are too many other crafters chasing after the diamond seals that get farmed... which wouldn't be the case if they made more money from spending their crafting time making and selling items now, would it? :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

1000 is good for trinketing as all the high end RoG drops salvage for arcanium/duskwood. Much more value fer money if you ask me. ;)

C

ChillyDawg

i made all my money back and plenty more from alchemy, granted i was one of teh first few to reach the hallowed 1069 where i could make everything, but i have made a rather absurd amount of money from it, about 45p i rekon, spent maybe 25-30plat getting to it. bloody annoying i can ant salvage with del boy, even though he uses arcanium to build his procs - nerf :(

N

natael

Topic says it all so go on tell what you think earn most money

u know why i need you---come back ingame and givvz items!!!!

H

hercules-df

Witch crafting eh, that a new trade? craft different SPELLS oh yes! :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
i made all my money back and plenty more from alchemy, granted i was one of teh first few to reach the hallowed 1069 where i could make everything, but i have made a rather absurd amount of money from it, about 45p i rekon, spent maybe 25-30plat getting to it. bloody annoying i can ant salvage with del boy, even though he uses arcanium to build his procs - nerf :(

As mentioned above. Just think about how much time you have spent since you passed 800/900 craft. You can make that 45p in about 2 weeks if you farm seals/items to salvage yourself, and would have only spent 5p getting tailoring to that level.

O

old.Ramas

Plus you can do tailoring in the field while recovering and waiting for your xp camp to respawn.

B

Bellona

Originally posted by Vim

Note that (AFAIK) atm Leather salvaging is counted by TAILORING (not leatherwork like it should). Not sure if it's true anymore as im a tailor so can't see a difference..

This aint true, the salvage of leathet IS based on leather working, my lgm wc can easily salvage lvl 51 leather, got 1065 leatherworking, and 200 tailoring or something

S

skile

Money money money. Which crafting is more of a use, so u could get the best reward of all, giving. Thats the more relevant question, cheap SC:ing is my guess.

G

gwal

as far as I have heard, SC orders cost up to 250G in addition to any material costs per item, ie. ingredients + 250G for for instance a BP. which means that a full set for most will give the crafter up to 2P.

considering how much we got df and the salvaging time, that aint excactely bad, as u can do a full set order in a couple of hours.

O

old.Ramas

Whichever you pick, you should be aware you will need 5-15 plat (depending on which you choose) to sink into your new profession before you can make anything useful. And you will need about half of that amount before you are able to salvage efficiently.

Tailoring and fletching are the cheapest, spellcrafting and armourcrafting are the most expensive iirc.

M

Moody

Do yourself a favour and craft to salvage. 100% profit on the seals you farm instead of having to buy them at 11 or even 12 gold which some really desperate lazy people do these days.

I retired from crafting after I lost all my money trying to craft a 99% war mace. 2/3 of the tries were 94%, the rest was divided between 95-98%.

R

Rubric

FLetching is far from cheap. You have to skill up all the material trades as well.

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by Moody
I retired from crafting after I lost all my money trying to craft a 99% war mace. 2/3 of the tries were 94%, the rest was divided between 95-98%.

I count on keeping at least 4 plat as a cash float for my weaponcrafting business... and that's not counting the vault full of 99% qual weapons of various types I have as ready stock (quick hint for the business crafter: people will often buy from the guy who has the weapon they want NOW rather than the guy who'll make it in an hour's time for 50 gold less... and a reputation for having what people want in stock sends more customers your way in future). Crafting as a business is not for the faint-hearted or ill-prepared, and even as one of the more successful crafters on hib/pryd what I pull in is less than if I'd just rolled a manachanter and farmed cash.

The payoff for being LGM is intangible - being able to provide the stuff your friends need, and making people you don't like pay through the nose :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Rubric
FLetching is far from cheap. You have to skill up all the material trades as well.

It costs ~100g to skill up all 4 secondary skills from 1-1000. And as you'll have some of them already high it will cost you even less.

O

old.Ramas

You have to skil material trades on every trade, and fletching is one of the cheapest.

BTW, if you want to skill up your material trades fast, train up a couple of points in the other trade skills (eg. if you are a fletcher, but want clothworking up, do a couple of points of tailoring).

You'll earn points incredibly fast.

Users who are viewing this thread