Most Fun in RVR

L

lordbazzer

Ok, whats the most fun RVR char to play?

Mincer?
Scout?
Necro?
Pally?
Inf?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

C

Coim-

I'd have to say Minser. Friend has a 50 minstrel and (occasionally) I play it in RvR. Most fun I ever had. :D In fact, while playing a minstrel I almost don't mind getting zerged by mids. :p

Z

zlair

I play infil and its fun sometimes, but yea.. I would like a 50 minst jstu to run around :)

G

gwal

completely up to urself, it all depends what u like to do on rvr, ie, u wanna solo? u wanna be a grp char.? u wanna be defensive or offensive? u wanna have speed? u wanna attack from a range and not in close?

L

lordbazzer

Just wanna have some fun in RVR. I already have a 50 Mincer and hes a riot, but wanna level another char now and just wanted others opinions on what they find fun to play. I know that everyone has different preferences but I just wanted to try and get a cross-section of opinions to help me make a choice.

I quite like the sound of a Scout but I have heard so many ppl say they are so hard to level you cant see straight after a while.

I like the idea of a Necro but how boring are they to level?

Pallys always seem to get groups but are they effective in RVR or do they just get mezzed and slaughtered just like every other tank?

Other caster classes such as PBAOE Ice Wizzies also seem like good fun but they seem to drop like a sack of potatoes at the mere smell of aggro.

So as they say on Voting Day -every opinion counts.

F

- Fedaykin -

theres a reason he top necro on the server only has about 500k rps - they are full of bugs in RvR and frustrating to play

H

hobo_biguns

If you wannat try something "new" try a healing class. (hib,mid, or alb)

You would be suprised at how mutch fun it can be with the right groups. Tis a bit fun to be everyones number one target in rvr allso. To have the power to make or break a fight to the point where you will have a whole group of enemys trying to kill you :) :)

Anyhow I might be weird, but when I made my aug/mend healer I felt hella usefull to a group aswell as a class that was very wanted and a class that scaled alot better then most others at higher RRs. A class that could contrubite in a duo with any other class, better then any other class could.
(Like this one time I was duoing with a savage in dodens when a Minstrel and an Infil (both 50) jumped us, we were both level 42 or something but we won that fight cause of my instant heals and buffs alone :) [and partly because savages are a bit over the top :p, but the point is that if that savage were grouped with any of the other classes in midgard then we wouldnt even have been able to kill one as I made sutch a huge impact on the fight])

K

kirennia

cleric are most fun tbh but out of those listed, mincer definately

with a 50,30,30 spec, If you want to run solo you can, if you want to group up, you definately can, you are useful to be grouped with in zergy situations as well as fg vs fg ones, you are useful at keep defences and keep attacks....so basically, you are never really short of things to do.

And of course, you can choose to be lazy or active...by twisting or just normal playing although 99% of micner in alb don't even bother to twist at all :/ Triple twisting will make a lot of difference :x

M

medowind

Playing a necro in rvr is like wiping your ass with oven gloves on.

Minstrels are pretty fun,

L

lordbazzer

Well, I probably forgot to say but I have a 50 mincer already and he cooks on gas so I want to play another class and really like the idea of dropping ppl in 1 hit so a scout sort of appeals if you get my drift, but I am haunted by all these posts that say scouts cant get groups-I wanna have fun in RVR and a scout sounds like they can open up whole can of whoop ass in places like Emain and Odins. However, soloing from 1-50 is my own personal hell so I really am torn as to what to play.

:(

B

Belomar

Originally posted by kirennia
And of course, you can choose to be lazy or active...by twisting or just normal playing although 99% of micner in alb don't even bother to twist at all :/ Triple twisting will make a lot of difference :x
Um. Triple twisting will make your group drop out of speed a lot, will give you carpal tunnel syndrome, and is not even useful. What would you twist, anyway? Speed and heal? Nah, that healsong is not worth much. Speed and power? Why, and nullify the mana crack your sorcerer cast on the group? Speed and ablative chant? Hmm, any minstrel worth his salt knows to turn on the ablative chant when engaging the enemy, and it's useless when not attacked.

So, hmm, I choose to take your comment either to be clueless or tongue-in-cheek. You decide. :p

M

medowind

Only useful solo

Group wise that’s just plain silly unless there is 2 minstrels ;p

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Belomar
Um. Triple twisting will make your group drop out of speed a lot, will give you carpal tunnel syndrome, and is not even useful. What would you twist, anyway? Speed and heal? Nah, that healsong is not worth much. Speed and power? Why, and nullify the mana crack your sorcerer cast on the group? Speed and ablative chant? Hmm, any minstrel worth his salt knows to turn on the ablative chant when engaging the enemy, and it's useless when not attacked.

So, hmm, I choose to take your comment either to be clueless or tongue-in-cheek. You decide. :p

Was meant for PvE :D I do it a lot of the time and makles a difference.....heal/power (cut power if sorc in grp) and ablative.

Of course only 2 in battle unless you are being hit/ a battle mincer....speed+ablative/heal+ablative

The heal chant was buffed up recently btw and I've found it does help but granted, not a lot in RvR

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Belomar

Was meant for PvE :D I do it a lot of the time and makles a difference.....heal/power (cut power if sorc in grp) and ablative.

Of course only 2 in battle for RvR unless you are being hit/ a battle mincer....speed+ablative/heal+ablative

The heal chant was buffed up recently btw and I've found it does help but granted, not a lot in RvR

The lazy or active wasnt a comment directed at purely twisting or not either, even though I didn't exactly explain it well, but you can be lazy in PvE and get away with it, as well as being active if you choose.

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by medowind
Minstrels are pretty fun,

LOL. They run like girls. I have never met a Minstrel that would stay and fight.
Well, yes if they were a part of TEH ZERG:rolleyes:

M

medowind

Well those that die last get the most out the zerg, you should know that being a mid right?

You really think dieing just cos some mid wants a fight when your not ready isn’t fair?

I surly hope you aren’t some general in the American army.....
so many lives in vain -_-

H

hercules-df

Originally posted by lordbazzer
Ok, whats the most fun RVR char to play?

Mincer?
Scout?
Necro?
Pally?
Inf?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

PALLY? are u MeNtAL? :)

B

belth

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
LOL. They run like girls. I have never met a Minstrel that would stay and fight.
Well, yes if they were a part of TEH ZERG:rolleyes:

Ah k, a Rogue with usually high 20's to low 30's weapspec should stay and fight a Fighter with high 30's to max weapspec and 2h, especially if they can't get a nice pet? K!. Certain skalds have a tendency to run when confronted by anything that could kill them, that means all of them are cowards? Yep.

K

Karlo

Since 1.62 Ive never has as much fun as playing my friends ranger.

There great in groups now, they rule solo, interupts etc etc. Really a very fun class to play :)

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by belth
Certain skalds have a tendency to run when confronted by anything that could kill them, that means all of them are cowards? Yep.
1 Vs. 1 I never run. And plz look at my sig again. A Skald.
What’s the big deal?? You win or you loose.
Any good played gimped class can win against a bad played fotm.
Take those 1 Vs. 1 you no good Minsers. Its not like you have the chance often.

C

crokro

Scout..... its like a car.

HIT AND RUN GUYS!!!

rofl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom