Win XP Final

S

SoWat

Not me, though I bought the missus a new PC today which has a 'free' upgrade voucher to XP home version after October 25th (for a £35 handling fee...pah!).

E

Embattle

The final release seems quite good actually...and now I know how to take things like MS messager out its even better. However my main problem is the fact my Hercules Game Theater doesn't work with it atm :(

P

Perplex

It'll never (dis)grace my PC. Win2k does everything I could ever wish for. Spyware isn't my cup of tea :)

P

Perplex

Don't really know too much about it but the online hardware based authing, the inbuilt firewall etc..

It's just too fluffy for me too :(

E

Embattle

Hardware auth?

I don't currently have the firewall on :)

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Embattle

I don't currently have the firewall on :)

and I'd advise not turning it on Emb. Get a _real_ one if you want to keep the badguys out.

E

Embattle

Well thats ZA installed.....bummer that I'll have no sound for a little while :(

E

Embattle

Well I did have ZA running but it doesn't like Win XP much :(

T

Testin da Cable

I could scan you if you like
pm/icq me your IP dudeh

O

old.MrCurverUk

UTTER CRAP! i returned back to win2k after 10 mins of using it, i hate its "dummy proof" layout for all those ppl who dont know how to use a pc.
I dont like it at all, shoite o/s.

im gonna swith to mandrake. heh

E

Embattle

Hmm I'm going back to W2K because my computer seems to restart for some unknown reason under XP :mad:

T

Testin da Cable

is that while running the final build Emb?

O

old.8_Ball

Running build 2505...sweet as a nut.

Scrapped the cuddly AOL look straight away tho and reverted back to Windows Classic...icons still aimed at kids tho :(

O

old.MrCurverUk

at last, someone who agrees that windows is "dummy proof" like aol :)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by testin_da_cable
is that while running the final build Emb?

Yeah, build 2600. I've heard that there are 2 versions floating around with one being unstable and another being stable...I might try to get another version and try again once better drivers are out.

O

old.MrCurverUk

winxp must be throw into the trash a long with win98 and winme !!!! hehe, all must go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom