Will YOU cancel sub due to lag?

Will you give up to pay GOA´s "services"?

• Total voters

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Few days in a row hargards logged because of lag, hes paying for a service he doesn't use anymore.

I don't think he cba to reroll, i guess he'll go back to his flight sims :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
I bet my life that not even 5 of the people that have voted yes will actually cancel their subs xD

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
I bet my life that not even 5 of the people that have voted yes will actually cancel their subs xD

Well i'm one of em, and the double irony is that i only started back to daoc just over a month ago, and paid 3 months subs last week :twak:

Well, already playing on US trial version atm, i'd imagine more will follow.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Spoke to two more EU quitters tonight on MLF and I only did ml1 and logged >.<

Dont bet your life like that Sept :twak: bad karma :p

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Logged off for the rest of the week here. I will be on again Friday night if the lag is still there subscription is cancelled.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
:twak: opened my EU acc's yesterday and bought catacombs to it to start a bainshee...

:drink:

owell, by the time its playable hopefully the servers will be aswell

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Azathrim said:
Hmm, haven't GOA actually been proactive about this issue?

From the most recent news post on daoc.goa.com:

That the post is 5 days old can mean one of three things:

1) Not enough send traceroutes, thus the problem router ain't found.
2) The responsible third part ISP haven't fixed it yet.
3) GOA haven't fixed their network yet.

It would ofcourse, be nice if they actually updated the news item each and every day. Just a message saying: "Hey, we know the problem is still there, we haven't found the responsible router yet, but we are still working on it. You are not forgotten!".

Just so that we don't feel... uhm, Alone in the Dark? (great game by the way!). :)

5 days to solve the very same problem? I guess not tbh, else they can all go and sell fish :eek:

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
1) Not enough send traceroutes, thus the problem router ain't found

So you need a hundred ppl sending in traceroutes to find a broken router ? i guess not ...

I don't know whats causing the lag, I don't know what the problem is, but i don't care. Its their job to run the servers and i've seen few companies abusing their customers money and time like Goa does.

Flim used the word dramaqueens but how many ppl can actually say that Goa does good support ?

The players aren't asking much, some infos every few days, right now support that starts helping without you insisting on a reply for over a week, friendly gms who forget that they ever knew the words "i got better things to do" when talking to the ones securing their paycheck, etc

Its doable but for some reason its not done ... so i can't really blame anyone for thinking about canceling...

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Not gonna renew my acc if they dont fixt this shit soon.. Getting tired of always something new wrong with the servers . I know shit happens but not 5 times a month:wanker:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
shame we cant have blizzards support with daoc, was very impressed when i needed help in WoW got a polite answer in-game within half an hour of my query.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tbh even this crap about sending in pingplots is largely laughable, they should be fucking able to do em on their own.
Damn freaks, buy this http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/opmanager/index.html and keep checked main routes to Italy, Spain, Uk, Ireland, Sweden etc. instead of boring your customers with sending pingplots, be proactive bunch of tech newbs and freaking wannabe Net Service Providers -.-

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
shame we cant have blizzards support with daoc, was very impressed when i needed help in WoW got a polite answer in-game within half an hour of my query.

For me it was the other way around, was the inadequacy of the blizzard support that made me leave the game.

Tho I do recognize what you are talking about from US Daoc.

mze

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard servers are lagging just as happily as daoc ones.
I am playing on al'akir and Stormscale and like every evening pings at some point go up to 500-800.
Dropped daoc for other reasons tho :p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
Not gonna renew my acc if they dont fixt this shit soon.. Getting tired of always something new wrong with the servers . I know shit happens but not 5 times a month:wanker:

I agree, i dont expect lag free all the while, i do expect more communications about the problem and i expect GoA to do some thing about it. It appears yet again that the players are paying GoA subscription so that they can trouble shoot routes to there network. Its the opnly MMORPG that i have played that has asked for ping plots and route information so often.

Feels like sometimes i am paying to troubleshoot someone elses network not play a game.

hopefully GOA will have done something about it by this evening, or at least give the impression they are doing something, apart from passing back pingplots and traceroutes.....

You would think france telecom/opentransit/wanadoo are big enough to monitor there own network!

:m00:

Agree with it all tbh... I can't say i'd pay money to a company that quite obviously doesn't give a fuck about its customers... hip hip hurray to goa! the most lazy company known to man :eek7: gifv info on problem etc mkay :|

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You go down the pub.

You: Pint of Carlsberg please mate.
Bartender: Here you go sir.
You: Cheers man.
-- 5 seconds later --
You: Excuse, this tastes horrible.
Bartender: We do have a problem in the piping sir, please feel free to have a look however and do tell us where the problem is. That will be 2.50 please!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
You go down the pub.

-- 5 seconds later --
Bartender: We do have a problem in the piping sir, please feel free to have a look however and do tell us where the problem is. That will be 2.50 please!

omfg

/laughs out loud

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
You go down the pub.

-- 5 seconds later --

Hahaha.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
You go down the pub.

-- 5 seconds later --

lol...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If the servers persist in locking up, and ppl start walking from the game in numbers, the DAOC Powers-that-Be will either invest cash in upgrading their equipment if its commercially prudent to do so, or if not, unwind the game.

I'll continue to play while its playable and value for money. I can swallow £8 a month. For my £8 a month I expect a reasonable level of service provision. If the service degrades and subs increase, I'll not renew.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:

im sorry im really laughing over this one.. WoW support is just as shit as DAOC. iv has nothing be problems with wow for thr first 2 months of playing which is why I stoped.. Lots and lots of ppl have had many problems with wow support its all over the internet and verious forums...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
1) Not enough send traceroutes, thus the problem router ain't found.
2) The responsible third part ISP haven't fixed it yet.
3) GOA haven't fixed their network yet.

Well, probably a combination.

1. I know from emails with Erivoss that hardly anyone (a day or two ago, just me), has been sending pingplots.

2. I've seen two problems so far on my route to GOA. First is a set of routers in London that is switching route constantly between three routers, and in primetime dropping packets. Second is lag spikes every few minutes, either at the router into GOA, or before that (the one before doesn't accept pings, so impossible to tell). Again, this one gets worse primetime.

3. If the latter of the two is GOA network, then yes, they haven't.

Yes, I wish that the internet was better than it is, particularly the OpenTransit bit (though also very, very glad it's not in Asia). However, I also know that the fastest way of putting pressure on the ISPs is Pingplots, not FH whine.

Darzil

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
ive canceled subs but its not only due to lag, boredness, irl etc :p

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Old story with GOA, months of TOA lag, TOA unplayable, lag in rvr after that, its one problem after another. GOA's service as a whole is terrible, from rightnever to constant server problems.

If you have had enough play the US servers like a few of us have started recently, Gareth for example has around 1k population dinnertime UK time and rises to around 2k EU primetime, Merlin cluster is close to that also.

Also the Mythic in game service is far superior to anything GOA offers.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I'm curious as to why Opentranshit seem completely incapable of doing even the most basic monitoring of their own hardware. Most other ISPs seem to manage it.
Why is a supposedly large ISP causing SO many problems SO often and yet NEVER seems able to to make any significant improvements to their so-called service?
Why does it devolve to us, the players of an online game, to do Opentranshit's fucking job for them?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I'm curious as to why Opentranshit seem completely incapable of doing even the most basic monitoring of their own hardware. Most other ISPs seem to manage it.
Why is a supposedly large ISP causing SO many problems SO often and yet NEVER seems able to to make any significant improvements to their so-called service?
Why does it devolve to us, the players of an online game, to do Opentranshit's fucking job for them?

At a guess - Because high availability, low latency hardware to cope with international IP traffic is very high cost, and it's not needed for the 95% of traffic that flows through it.

If anything drives change it'll be increasing take up of IP telephony, not gaming. Gamers switch games, and keep their broadband, which is what pays for the network. If people started dumping broadband in numbers, due to the lag, you'd see action sooner !

Darzil

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Lag's not nice but some people really are drama queens ;)

Last night I just gave up and went to go find something else to do. Call us Drama queens if you want, but at the moment the game is completely unplayable. I used to play Diablo 2 at the very start when the servers would send you LD every hour and your character perma died (level 1 here we come!). This feels like i'm back in those days, except that was right at the start of the game and it did get better. If the best GOA can do is produce a service that's the same as the first few months service from a company providing there server for free, then maybe it's time to start wondering exactly where your money is going!
Your right it's not the end of the world, but at the end of the day why bother paying for a service that at the moment I simply can't use :( I can handle some lag sure, but this is taking the piss. Maybe the english GM's should relocate themselves back to England, that way they might start to get a true feel for what it's like playing over here. I played for about 2 hours yesterday, i'd say my average was 40 seconds of actual ability to control my character every minute. Sorry, your game isn't that addictive!

I'm sure it's not the old timers who have been playing for 4 years we need to be worried about. Go to one of the starter guilds and see how many of the new players to the game are going to find this better than the other MMORGS currently out there. If I had been playing 2 weeks, I know for certain i'd be giving up and looking elsewhere right now!

Blame Opentransit all you want. If Opentransit isn't a suitable network to install the servers on, it's upto GOA to find a new supplier, not upto us to put up with it cos it's not their fault!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's also worth noting that the lag affects different people differently. I imagine it depends on their connection.

For example, last night I managed to do ML4 and ML6 group steps. The lag was there, but because we weren't facing stuff that would kill us quickly, the odd few seconds of lag every few minutes wasn't a killer. However, for two of the group, it was meaning frequent LDing (and one of those I know has a VERY good PC, but ADSL, rather than Cable).

I also noticed that when I logged on at about 8ish, there were about 600 albs non-anon in the cluster. By 10:30 when I logged off, that was under 400. That's a very big drop, considering 10:30 used to be closer to the peak. So I reckon a lot are logging.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom