Will YOU cancel sub due to lag?

Will you give up to pay GOA´s "services"?

• Total voters

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Many people post in frustration due to lag and other things but will you for sure cancel your subscription or will you keep at it?

I can myself with an open US subscription say I get a lof of tells and pms from Euros that moved to US over the last couple of weeks.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Did you just cancel it and reopen it? :p

Sorry but didnt find a "poll" that was regarding subs, and its my first poll ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chimaira said:
Did you just cancel it and reopen it? :p

Sorry but didnt find a "poll" that was regarding subs, and its my first poll ;)

yeah decided to nuke some older polls instead :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I cancelled, reopened and have now cancelled again. :)

oh and I do not understand the question in the poll, yes or no to what exactly? give up to pay goa? if i give up then why would I pay goa? :eek6:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
yeah decided to nuke some older polls instead :)

Ok sorry otherwise I search front page here found some US vs EU osv but curious how many more EU people that actually will come over :p

Wittor came last night :clap:

Samaroon EatsCheese said:
i did, if you were talking to me :p

Flim instantly closed it but reopened it in a second I was like wtf going on :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
meh with any luck the more whiney ones will actually quit like they say they will and go to the US and STAY THERE :p (and go post on VN ;))

Lag's not nice but some people really are drama queens ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chimaira said:
Flim instantly closed it but reopened it in a second I was like wtf going on :p

I might post a poll asking people if they think that posting a poll to ask if polls are a good thing or not with an option to vote for "banana".

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Your spamming Sir mod :(

anyway im usually not posting lag whines on these forums because I have like three days a week on EU and I havent been able to play on any of them for ages.

And even if I play US also I like my m8s on EU prydwen.
And Vnboards is so full of shit and it lags :m00:yeah and you cant swear there either :D

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
I used to play SWG ( was max level after 2 weeks so boring if you dident go Jedi :p ) when I dident want to play daoc or was bored but anyway in SWG they had a few problems aswell , i'm sure those who played SWG know what happend ( xp thingy ) .. so the players did a "riot" with canceling accounts / petions and mass gatherings on servers after 2 or 3 day's SOE reverted the changes back to normal cus of all this. And this is true cus I have screens of it -> http://users.pandora.be/witt0r/matrix/rofl.jpg got more screens but cba to host them atm xD
I never saw a community so "close" with eachother as in swg when something went/is wrong. Imo this should be done in daoc aswell cus of the fucking lag :m00:

oh btw SOE have a policy against these kind of things now , if they do it again in SWG everyone in the area will be banned :p

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
meh with any luck the more whiney ones will actually quit like they say they will and go to the US and STAY THERE :p (and go post on VN ;))

I can still spam you here !! :p

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
i cant even 1 shot PA unbuffed lvl 20 wizzies in Thid because of the lag :/

remi

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
.. so the players did a "riot" with canceling accounts / petions and mass gatherings on servers after 2 or 3 day's SOE reverted the changes back to normal cus of all this. And this is true cus I have screens of it -> http://users.pandora.be/witt0r/matrix/rofl.jpg got more screens but cba to host them atm xD
I never saw a community so "close" with eachother as in swg when something went/is wrong. Imo this should be done in daoc aswell cus of the fucking lag :m00:

not possible here, Flimgoblinwill close that thread so fast you wont even notice it's been here. :m00:

Everz

FH is my second home
Hmm close EU account to open up my well old US account? hmmm

Gamah

Banned
I am gonna cancel my 4 accounts at the end of the month if the lag continues.

Division

Fledgling Freddie
I'm convinced GoA will fix it, so my answer is "no".

Only thing that bothers me, is the fact GoA has not yet stated they are aware of the problem and are currently trying to solve it. The thing is there's many problems going on probably, it's just which priority fixing this lag lays in that I want to know, and a little message would help so much. Last time it took ages for them to fix.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
My accounts are up for renewal sometime in the middle of december. I'm not going to cancel tho as the people I know keep on playing.

However I'm not gonna be playing that much as there's nothing you can do with this lag.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Yes if the current situation doesn't improve. I have a active US account but prefer to play on EU, but with the lag it's proven impossible to play.

Jarod

Fledgling Freddie
Tempted to cancel

this whole lag thingie is pure comedy... but im not the one laughin :(

MaCaBr3

Banned
To me, starting all over again on US server where no one is online when I'm gonna play is worse then the lag issues we are experiencing...

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
MaCaBr3 said:
To me, starting all over again on US server where no one is online when I'm gonna play is worse then the lag issues we are experiencing...

thing about Us servers is that there is no time on the hour that there is no one online, its always ppl on. prydwen at 05. int he morning has 25 people =) nice to solo some shadowblades but the US clusters atleast have a couple of hundreds.

THis thread on the other hand aint about US vs EU (for once) :p

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Can hardly call those that whine over lag dramaqueens, red lag every 2 minutes. Personally I'm crafting atm cause that's all that can be done with the lag, and even that is hard, with a merchant that has decided only to accept goods every 2 minutes and then due to the lag grab half your inv and leave some of stuff you actually did wanna sell, and take some of that you didn't mean to sell :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tbfh: they gonna fix it sometimes but the real problem is that this crap is coming up again and again every other 2 months more or less, be it's a fake router, OT wanking instead of checking their network, GOA network issues (which they deny like there's no tomorrow at least till u slap em with pingplots). This is out of control and the ship is sinking.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I like the bit of lag just keep smashing your nuke button and nuke 10 times when the lag is over ;)
Also works nice in keep fights :D

Though personally I don't have that much lag as other people, the odd red lag here and there but no LD's yet and while it is annoying at times I hardly find it a thing to cancel my subs for it.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, haven't GOA actually been proactive about this issue?

From the most recent news post on daoc.goa.com:

GOA said:
Independant from the maintenance this morning, or the DirectX issue, some network problems have appeared on our servers since the beginning of the week. Investigations are being performed with out partners and if you encounter any problems, do not hesitate to send us Ping Plots and Traceroutes if you can.

That the post is 5 days old can mean one of three things:

1) Not enough send traceroutes, thus the problem router ain't found.
2) The responsible third part ISP haven't fixed it yet.
3) GOA haven't fixed their network yet.

It would ofcourse, be nice if they actually updated the news item each and every day. Just a message saying: "Hey, we know the problem is still there, we haven't found the responsible router yet, but we are still working on it. You are not forgotten!".

Just so that we don't feel... uhm, Alone in the Dark? (great game by the way!). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom