will casters ever be nerfed? :I

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
I'm glad loads play casters now, thats good news for my minstrel when they all solo run to defend towers :D.

Still have sore ass of that incident when you attacked my bm who was on shademode? :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Oldfaravid said:
Oh wait your Hib.. in hib you can do ML8 with 2.5 group in 10 mins.. takes mids about 45+ people and its done in 1hour roughly... Just an example you want more?? So if your either alb or hib plz just be silent about MLs...

lol? so now is the part where you are gonna cry and say mid is underpowered right? And my Hibtoons are retired btw, I play alb atm. But I guess you now will say alb can finish ML8 with 5 ppl or something similarly stupid. You know what, 45+ people aint much for a ML, been on loads, and I mean loads of raids with way more people than that, I guess Mids are underpopulated aswell right? Gosh... :eek7:

Oldfaravid said:
You may think I suck.. I think i dont.. but i have never ever thought I sucked so much that I would take to radar using... :twak:

with this you just won the "Im an idiot and have nothing sensible to say so I start to accuse people of cheating instead" reward.. You should really just do yourself a favour and shut up tbh. And you actually do suck.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Those 'Hibs can do it with 3 fg's ' is nothing but whine; the practice is often you get 70+ in the BG and do it; you can still do it without the shrooms; lots of times we did NOT use shrooms to avoid LD's on important steps.

I simply dont believe Mids are 'unable' to get the ML's done; all the Mid ML10's proof that. The fact you where not there is due to the fact u wheren't dedicated enough at that time.

Hibs 'need less' peeps yes. But reckon how many animists are ML10 to 'help' when its needed? You take a guess; doubt if u organize a ML10 raid u get more then 1-2 animists there; and that's after some begging because they dont need credit anymore obviously.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
lol? so now is the part where you are gonna cry and say mid is underpowered right? And my Hibtoons are retired btw, I play alb atm. But I guess you now will say alb can finish ML8 with 5 ppl or something similarly stupid. You know what, 45+ people aint much for a ML, been on loads, and I mean loads of raids with way more people than that, I guess Mids are underpopulated aswell right? Gosh... :eek7:

with this you just won the "Im an idiot and have nothing sensible to say so I start to accuse people of cheating instead" reward.. You should really just do yourself a favour and shut up tbh. And you actually do suck.

Well since we seem to have totally different views of MLs, for you it seemed perfectly normal for almost anyone to have a ml8+ while I generally think that most of the population is -ml3. In the guild i played most of my time we where about 20 people in it.. 1 was ml3+ about 1 month ago. im making statements since NONE of you hardcore players will ever understand.. If you try discussing things with people in here all you gonna get is QQ more n00b etc etc.. And you know what?? that is the behaviour of 14 year old "l33t" kidz playing counterstrike... I have seen this game and community go from good-not so good-total utter rubbish.. And for the radar comment if you cant figure that one out bye yourself you havent been playing this game long enough.. most players outthere would I think figure out what I pointed TO!! :clap:

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
Well since we seem to have totally different views of MLs, for you it seemed perfectly normal for almost anyone to have a ml8+ while I generally think that most of the population is -ml3. In the guild i played most of my time we where about 20 people in it.. 1 was ml3+ about 1 month ago. im making statements since NONE of you hardcore players will ever understand.. If you try discussing things with people in here all you gonna get is QQ more n00b etc etc.. And you know what?? that is the behaviour of 14 year old "l33t" kidz playing counterstrike... I have seen this game and community go from good-not so good-total utter rubbish.. And for the radar comment if you cant figure that one out bye yourself you havent been playing this game long enough
"You hardcore players" - I guess you casually got two hunters to decent RR? Or are you just doing your best to make the community live up to your (low) expectations?
I don't know about in mid, but in hib there's been high-attendance ML series going since around ToA release, and I doubt the "hardcore gamers" are supplying every attendant.
And heh... Shike plays pretty casually, so you're pretty far off there... he just spends the time he does play well.

...most players outthere would I think figure out what I pointed TO!! :clap:
That you like to throw out baseless accusations at decent people?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Oldfaravid said:
/snip - bla bla bla... /snip

And for the radar comment if you cant figure that one out bye yourself you havent been playing this game long enough.. most players outthere would I think figure out what I pointed TO!! :clap:

have fought the people you are referring to many o times, cant say I can figure out wtf you are saying here.. accusing others of stuff is just idiotic when you dont have a clue of what you talk about.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hey im a caster and I agree!:)

tetsue said:
Is it just me or are casters just insane nowadays ? :(
They nuke way too hard too fast :(

Yep cant agree more (as Ive said not enough times already here:). All damage needs a max cap. And casters most of all since they have the range. And no a tank dont get up close with the casting speed atm. All casters nuke about 700-1000 damage per sec ingame or bolt for 1000-1800. That means all the poor tanks outthere had better be able to stealth or hide insdie walls with ballistas and be contempt with doing 200 dam.

/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Believe it its true...

Well basically what the headline says:

Believe it its true...(and im one of those that organize the raids) We just dont get enough people to them any more. (We still can get them done but its about 50% chance. The difference is that you have the option of using shrooms if you are low on people whilst midgard only get the option to not do the ml. :/

/charmangle

Puppet said:
Those 'Hibs can do it with 3 fg's ' is nothing but whine; the practice is often you get 70+ in the BG and do it; you can still do it without the shrooms; lots of times we did NOT use shrooms to avoid LD's on important steps.

I simply dont believe Mids are 'unable' to get the ML's done; all the Mid ML10's proof that. The fact you where not there is due to the fact u wheren't dedicated enough at that time.

Hibs 'need less' peeps yes. But reckon how many animists are ML10 to 'help' when its needed? You take a guess; doubt if u organize a ML10 raid u get more then 1-2 animists there; and that's after some begging because they dont need credit anymore obviously.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Yep cant agree more (as Ive said not enough times already here:). All damage needs a max cap. And casters most of all since they have the range. And no a tank dont get up close with the casting speed atm. All casters nuke about 700-1000 damage per sec ingame or bolt for 1000-1800. That means all the poor tanks outthere had better be able to stealth or hide insdie walls with ballistas and be contempt with doing 200 dam.

/Charmangle
True, casters do dish out high damage. No doubt about that.

But, that kind of damage you refer to there is just making you lose credibility.

A much more fair guess would be to say:

The common caster nukes for 300-500 at a 1.1 -> 1.3 delay cast time.
With a good crit or a low resist target you can get a range of 500-700.

A very few, very high rank and fully ToA'd casters can get a steady nuke rate of 700-1000. That is probably around 3-4 people currently on Prydwen (No names mentioned to avoid inflated ego trips). :)

Mind you though, this is people that have dedicated a lot of time getting a high realm rank. People that have optimized a caster suit to give as much bonus as possible.

It is not just the average Mr. Joe that rolls up a caster, gets an artifact or two and some spellcrafting and goes out with his rank 3-5 caster in the hope to "wtfpwn".

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
All casters nuke about 700-1000 damage per sec ingame or bolt for 1000-1800.

/em wishs :(

Bubbles Lifetap has a damage cap of 662(i think :p), with capped RP i nuke mostly for 450 on Most mids and hibs i meet (going up or down depending on resist buffs) The most i've ever nuked for was 800 on a Level 50 hib with no body resistance (i didn't have any resist modifyers) with a near perfect critical. With 389 Dex i don't cast at Capped speed (cba 14 points for dex5) I nuke at around 1.4 seconds.
I don't believe you can justify your above statment I can't hit for 700 damage a second with a near perfect ToA template on my sorc with (Possibly) the best Nuke spell in the game, never mind 1000.

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
when a tank on a caster, caster cant do a shit, when a caster on tank, tank can still run around and hit things..

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, 1 interupt gives a tank enough time to reach a caster, and after that unless the caster has qc up ( and it doesn't resist) the caster is completely useless, and even if qc is up (if you're in a decent group), you can expect to be healed to full before the caster is in a position to attack you again where upon one more interupt and you can reach them again..

And it's not like toa didn't provide tanks with *loads* of insta interupt options from MLs/Artifact charges/etc..

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
tbh, 1 interupt gives a tank enough time to reach a caster, and after that unless the caster has qc up ( and it doesn't resist) the caster is completely useless, and even if qc is up (if you're in a decent group), you can expect to be healed to full before the caster is in a position to attack you again where upon one more interupt and you can reach them again..

And it's not like toa didn't provide tanks with *loads* of insta interupt options from MLs/Artifact charges/etc..

gogogogo, atleast someone who understand this :D :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
All casters nuke about 700-1000 damage per sec ingame or bolt for 1000-1800. That means all the poor tanks outthere had better be able to stealth or hide insdie walls with ballistas and be contempt with doing 200 dam.
LMOA this most be the most clueless post in this thread xD

The average caster don't nuke any where around 1000 dmg (not a single opted caster nuke for 1000 dmg without a good crit either.), and will only reach 700 with a good crit which don't happen alot. The average ppl definately don't nuke one nuke every second, not even the most opted guys do that (even tho it's close).

And a tank only being able to do 200 dmg? I got hit for 500 on main hand and 214 off hand. Thats even more than I nuked him for the second before ^^

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
True true true but whom do you run into most in rvr ?

Ofc you are right. BUT the point is that its these players you do run into in rvr mostly since they as you say dedicate alot of time into the game. And the point of my statement was still that it doesnt matter how high rr you are there should still not be any possibility to do this kind of damage just because it speeds up the killing time way to much. Lower the whole spectrum of damage instead.

Or if I ask you a frank question: Why dont you any longer see any newly rolled tanks out there ? (Or atleast very few)

The answere is ofc quite obvious and I think all know it even those who argue against lowering caster damage: Casters/ranged is takes out the nonrange classes before they ever get in close.

/charmangle
Azathrim said:
True, casters do dish out high damage. No doubt about that.

But, that kind of damage you refer to there is just making you lose credibility.

A much more fair guess would be to say:

The common caster nukes for 300-500 at a 1.1 -> 1.3 delay cast time.
With a good crit or a low resist target you can get a range of 500-700.

A very few, very high rank and fully ToA'd casters can get a steady nuke rate of 700-1000. That is probably around 3-4 people currently on Prydwen (No names mentioned to avoid inflated ego trips). :)

Mind you though, this is people that have dedicated a lot of time getting a high realm rank. People that have optimized a caster suit to give as much bonus as possible.

It is not just the average Mr. Joe that rolls up a caster, gets an artifact or two and some spellcrafting and goes out with his rank 3-5 caster in the hope to "wtfpwn".

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Or if I ask you a frank question: Why dont you any longer see any newly rolled tanks out there ? (Or atleast very few)

The answere is ofc quite obvious and I think all know it even those who argue against lowering caster damage: Casters/ranged is takes out the nonrange classes before they ever get in close.

/charmangle

Actually, that's the wrong answer.

The answer is that NF rvr focuses around tower and keep takes. Tanks cannot attack casters/ranged at all here in general, and are relgated to only operating siege/hitting doors. Which is very boring.

In open field rvr, tanks are still perfectly viable and in fact needed if you intend to win much at all. A hybrid group with tanks and casters will 90% of the time beat a full caster group. Assuming the tanks know how to take advantage of their toa abilities to interupt the enemy casters.. similarily to how casters take advantage of toa to deal more damage. You may argue stuff like.. "my hero doesn't have golden spear, so I can't use golden spear charges to interupt a caster nuking me from 1650 units away", but that's not the point, the caster took time to get artifacts and items to give him his damage and speed, you similarly need to take time to get items and abilities that counteract casters.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Ofc you are right. BUT the point is that its these players you do run into in rvr mostly since they as you say dedicate alot of time into the game. And the point of my statement was still that it doesnt matter how high rr you are there should still not be any possibility to do this kind of damage just because it speeds up the killing time way to much. Lower the whole spectrum of damage instead.
And that would very much negate casters to only do keep sieges. Tanks are still viable in openfield.

charmangle said:
The answer is that people focus on keep takes instead of openfield opted groups. Both setups and scenarios are viable in NF - some people have just forgotten the latter, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom