will casters ever be nerfed? :I

tetsue

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or are casters just insane nowadays ? :(
They nuke way too hard too fast :(

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
and if a tank gets close you can do shit ....

atleast casters are usefull for something now

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
tetsue said:
Is it just me or are casters just insane nowadays ? :(
They nuke way too hard too fast :(
Where have you been? Casters nuked much faster and harder in OF xD

Conjurus said:
half the dmg of spells
I understand why your chars head is made of wood ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Yes, the complete destruction of RvR for anyone who isn't a caster. ;)
Yeah cuz' archers can't kill a caster :twak:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Archers whining about casters being overpowered, i find that very weird.

Thread should be called all casters are balanced except zebolt who needs a hit with the nerf bat from requiel as a late christmas present! :touch:

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
TiwiS said:
and if a tank gets close you can do shit ....

atleast casters are usefull for something now

Do you play a caster?? If you do take some lessons and learn from the rest, doesnt even matter if you get off a stun style or a slowed style on em.. After that its lagggggg and the caster is teleporting every where on you screen and after that the lagg stops and the caster has enough distance to triple nuke= dead melee char

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Archers whining about casters being overpowered, i find that very weird.

Thread should be called all casters are balanced except zebolt who needs a hit with the nerf bat from requiel as a late christmas present! :touch:
Have you ever played archer?? before ToA and NF a lone caster was easy rps for any archer who knew how to play.. today if you dont got FZ i wouldnt even dream of attacking a caster with britle guards + bladeturns.. pets etc ..

At a keep def it gets totally different from that position you can strike and then move away restealth and strike again etc.. + the caster will have multiple attackers on em = hard to pick out the archer...

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
Do you play a caster?? If you do take some lessons and learn from the rest, doesnt even matter if you get off a stun style or a slowed style on em.. After that its lagggggg and the caster is teleporting every where on you screen and after that the lagg stops and the caster has enough distance to triple nuke= dead melee char

i think my sig is a dead give away, but yea i play a caster...

i wonder if you've ever played one :p

that lagging is really just a phantom of your imagination, cause i never pull that off :p

if i get stunned for 9ish seconds and a tank has a go at my cloth .... game over m8 :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Oldfaravid said:
Have you ever played archer?? before ToA and NF a lone caster was easy rps for any archer who knew how to play.. today if you dont got FZ i wouldnt even dream of attacking a caster with britle guards + bladeturns.. pets etc ..

At a keep def it gets totally different from that position you can strike and then move away restealth and strike again etc.. + the caster will have multiple attackers on em = hard to pick out the archer...

Why? i been shot by rangers/hunters still after nuking them a few times by then i am dead when i am solo...heard this is trueshot or something?(probably got the name wrong) i am not saying casters are balanced they are indeed quite strong but doesn't mean archers aren't.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
ToA sent casters through the roof. Whatever protestations you see from us, you can't argue with the fact that most people now play them or archers. That's because they are the best classes.

Bring archer ranges into line and tone down caster damage and you'd see a better game I reckon. It's too much like an FPS at the moment, with everything being decided on twitch time.

Cyfr

Banned
Love the whine. Casters have had it so hard when tanks were gods, now it's still easy to kill them but all the newbs whine about their damage :p

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I personally remember not to long ago, the days of determination, so we now have a slight swing away from the tanks.

But nowadays it requires alot of power to drop a main stream tank 1 on 1.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
As said, casters aint OP relics are, all of em. Remove relics(bad idear imo) or just make em do something diffrent (good idear imo), so there still is something to battle for.
And get freaking probor temp, id say like 30% of my targets on sorc i cap on (627).... if they got probor ressist im far from +600 dmg.

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
how about we all hit for 1 dmg then we could rvr al day then go home on 50% hp or if you a caster 29% it would be Z fun :confused:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Wazkyr said:
And get freaking probor temp, id say like 30% of my targets on sorc i cap on (627).... if they got probor ressist im far from +600 dmg.

No that's not true. I saw you cap on my ranger; and he has proper gear and such.

Its same with casters as with melee classes; if your 'weaponskill' is really high; you cap regardless of resists.

If you got sufficient high INT, +skill to your damage-line and resist-piercing you cap regardless on people without resist-buffs.

Pre-TOA casters couldnt get high enough INT to reach this; perhaps an Avalonian could with AA4+; not even with relics. Now with +25% on the acuity-buff; +acuity cap and resist-piercing its fairly easy to cap on people with the normal 26% resists.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
tanks with capped resists, some AoM, EM2 and access to Demorilization... easy target to nuke down? I think not. If a tank decides not to get these defensive RAs, its up to them really. Not even PBAE hurts with decent RAs.

26%base+16%resistbuff+AoM3-10%+EM2-20%=shitloads of magical resists. Htf do you nuke down that if I may ask? This is just a semihigh tank at around (estimated rr7) and possibly lower if he specc RAs purely defensive at start.

Mages kill, specc wisely to protect yourself against it imo if you are worried.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
tanks with capped resists, some AoM, EM2 and access to Demorilization... easy target to nuke down? I think not. If a tank decides not to get these defensive RAs, its up to them really. Not even PBAE hurts with decent RAs.

26%base+16%resistbuff+AoM3-10%+EM2-20%=shitloads of magical resists. Htf do you nuke down that if I may ask? This is just a semihigh tank at around (estimated rr7) and possibly lower if he specc RAs purely defensive at start.

Mages kill, specc wisely to protect yourself against it imo if you are worried.
the nr of "semi" high tanks RR7 is overloaded at prydwen.. so basically your saying if a tank got rr7+ he can compete and a caster rr1 can own... :clap:

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
No that's not true. I saw you cap on my ranger; and he has proper gear and such.

Its same with casters as with melee classes; if your 'weaponskill' is really high; you cap regardless of resists.

If you got sufficient high INT, +skill to your damage-line and resist-piercing you cap regardless on people without resist-buffs.

Pre-TOA casters couldnt get high enough INT to reach this; perhaps an Avalonian could with AA4+; not even with relics. Now with +25% on the acuity-buff; +acuity cap and resist-piercing its fairly easy to cap on people with the normal 26% resists.

Its simply not possible without insane INT, sorry. But you can get close yes.

with 320 Int AND all power relics, i think i hit for 680 before resist, with 10% Resist peirce that would be 571(-109) vs. 26% resist. Not quite the cap of 627 i have atm. Also consider we have relics, so without relics, its not even close.

Btw you was likely debuffed by me, if waz hit you for 627 regardless. Since you effective resist vs 10% resist peirce, would be -3% after a 30% body debuff.

making the damage 700, and the message will go like this 627(+20)

if you wasnt debuffed, it was a crit, simple as that.

so with capped resist a sorc/caba will hit you for 470ish without relics and 560ish with.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
the nr of "semi" high tanks RR7 is overloaded at prydwen.. so basically your saying if a tank got rr7+ he can compete and a caster rr1 can own... :clap:
Its the keep battles that is a problem.

No a RR1 caster cant "own".

A tank with charge should pretty much win against a caster everytime 1vs1 in open field.

Its how the battles evolve thats a problem.

I as a caster would also like more openfield battles, and less getting zerged by fgs.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
I think personally that the lifetap lines of the casters is really the problem! If i think of it my hunter can probably take down most casters if i get my shit together however killing sorc or any other class with lifetap as hunter now thats almost impossible with these days castingspeeds...

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
from alb side, only zebolt nukes hard (he haxed his char or something.. :p), and even that's not that insane as it was in OF, with friar resists i got nuked for 400-ish by him without debuff, others usually hit for 250-300 without crits. so i wouldn't say it's too big. and if a tank gets close to a caster it's usually byebye if u don't have a bg-er or grapple bot stuck to u :p

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf the brittles!!

Givf brittle spellguards x4 please if not ^^. ;) Oh and givf a self spellturn for first hit. :)

Gamah

Banned
I'm glad loads play casters now, thats good news for my minstrel when they all solo run to defend towers :D.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I am fine with the DPS of casters these days. Getting hit for 400 a nuke with sc'd resists is actually ok for me. What I am not ok with is the speed. It takes me 2 seconds to turn around and start sprinting away after I get hit by the 1st nuke. By that time I am already down to 1/3 of my hits. Real tanks might be at 1/2 but that doesnt help them either.

Casters nuke too fast. They make battles last 5 seconds instead 20. This might be fun for the killer but causes nothing but frustration to the prey who never had a chance to react.

So what to do about it?

Option a) Nerf cast speed. - Nothing I favour tbh.

Option b) Make all (with all I mean archers aswell) ranged damage scale down according to the distance from the target. - The further away, the less damage. Would need some experiements to determinate the ideal percentages but probably something like

max range - 50% dmg
half range - 100% dmg
pointblank - 125% dmg (not pbae-spells ofcourse)

This would allow a victim to either choose to attack or flee instead of dieing before even being able to consider his options. While still maintaining the average dps of the caster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom