why not

megadave

I am a FH squatter
nobody uses these forums for a 15 year old game? what kind of asinine bullshit is this?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
nobody uses these forums for a 15 year old game? what kind of asinine bullshit is this?

Because it's illegal technically, the server files themselves for shards are 100% legal as they're made from the ground up but the game software is still owned by EA and it strictly prohibits its use/moderation. Where you been man :p i've been nuking freeshard threads for months on here.

Look at it from my point of view Aoln, I'd do the same for any other MMO that pops up and people started talking about private servers, I can't simply let one game slide and moderate any others that may come up in future (like CU for example)

Last edited:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
lol is that a joke? What are EA going do, sue one of numerous forums for just mentioning a minor freeshard for a game they don't give a fuck about?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
ah whatever, FH has been shit for years . general is mostly a handful of outright cunts and gaming is either dead or banned, im out

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
and then. quite suddenly. no-one cared.

:(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ah whatever, FH has been shit for years . general is mostly a handful of outright cunts and gaming is either dead or banned, im out
Nice protest...

2/100

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nice protest...

2/100

Thing is, he's right, people have been leaving left and right, there's SO many people that I can list on this forum that play freeshards, but because BloodOmen and his cronies don't like it, it keeps getting nuked.

It's a bit like all those threads/posts about Torrents being nuked, right?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bit of a good point really, torrents are openly discussed, freeshards for a long dead game, not.

So long as people aren't posting direct links to servers and whatnot, I can't see it being a big issue?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Thing is, he's right, people have been leaving left and right, there's SO many people that I can list on this forum that play freeshards, but because BloodOmen and his cronies don't like it, it keeps getting nuked.

We've been over this before Gwadien. As for the people that have left because I started banning freeshard talk there was erm...

You - who is still here
Congolo/jacob - who rarely used FH anyway other than the template section and to talk about freeshards
Aoln - who up until this thread I thought of as a friend, given i'm now a cunt however that's changed
Punishment - who again rarely used FH anyway, he was more active on Postcount
Bainteor

Not exactly what i'd call ground breaking given most of them were inactive the majority of the time anyway. No one chased them away, they left because they couldn't talk about freeshards, if that's all Freddyshouse was for them, then I question why they even bothered coming back in the first place.

I can't really think of anyone else? I know a few of you went and started your own forum awhile back, I'm guessing that didn't quite work out for you however.

Anyway, as i've said we've been over this before, i'm not going to get into another argument with you over this subject because everything that needs to be said has been said.

Bit of a good point really, torrents are openly discussed, freeshards for a long dead game, not.

So long as people aren't posting direct links to servers and whatnot, I can't see it being a big issue?

I've said before if they take it up with @Deebs or @Jupitus and they say its ok to talk about freeshards then i'd unlock every thread right now.

As for the Torrents - that isn't my area :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Mostly because it's not your arse on the line so frankly who gives a shit about your short sighted view.

We all know shards exist and nobody is saying don't play them, just discuss them somewhere else. If that's really such a big issue in people's lives then I suggest they re evaluate their daily existence.

Loads of people spout loads of shit all over FH, the adults here don't threaten to leave like it's a meaningful gesture whenever it upsets them.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What an excellent response. So balanced, so polite, so FH.

If you don't care what a lifetime (of FH) subscriber thinks and can brush it off as easily as "nobody cares what you think" then I will respond by politely telling you to go fuck yourself :)

Your poisonous, cunty attitude is exactly what is wrong with FH.

Ban torrent talk too if you are going to ban freeshard talk. I couldn't actually care less about freeshards but if you are going to be a bellend about one, then you might as well be a bellend about the other.

If we are going to have narcissistic wankers as mods can we at least have the ability to put them on ignore?

Last edited:

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah yes, the facts of life explained and here comes the "I put in money so you owe me complete obedience with my every whim" nonsense.

It's pathetic the number of times the rules, of which there are few, are criticised. As already pointed out if Deebs says tomorrow "fuck it, freeshards for everyone" then so be it, but that's not the way it is.

As for torrent shit read the CoC

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, simply that you don't need to be such an obnoxious prick.

People are discussing it, calmly. If you can't discuss something without being a complete tool then perhaps it is you that needs to "reevaluate their daily existence" whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ah yes, the facts of life explained and here comes the "I put in money so you owe me complete obedience with my every whim" nonsense.

It's pathetic the number of times the rules, of which there are few, are criticised. As already pointed out if Deebs says tomorrow "fuck it, freeshards for everyone" then so be it, but that's not the way it is.

As for torrent shit read the CoC
Don't think anyone here has said what sites or how to get to them or how to download via torrents. And the concept of a torrent is legal anyway. It's what you do with it once you have it that is potentially illegal.

But in order to use a freeshard you have to break copywrite.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah so because torrents can be potentially legal (lol) they are fine? What? A torrent of a copyrighted work is illegal, whatever you do with it.

There are numerous links to copyrighted material on these forums, something that if anyone cared, could get FH shut down.

...but I guess because mods are into that then it is perfectly fine...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
What an excellent response. So balanced, so polite, so FH.
You must be FH green inside and out then given:
poisonous, cunty attitude
if you are going to be a bellend about one, then you might as well be a bellend about the other.
narcissistic wankers as mods
obnoxious prick.
Frankly @Raven I'm all for you being able to put me and/or any other member on ignore, I've always considered it a failure of the software itself. You're whole starting point for discussion basically boils down to "but, but, but... miss, they get to do that so I should be able to do this" which is laughable.
Ah so because torrents can be potentially legal (lol) they are fine? What? A torrent of a copyrighted work is illegal, whatever you do with it.

There are numerous links to copyrighted material on these forums, something that if anyone cared, could get FH shut down.

...but I guess because mods are into that then it is perfectly fine...
As for this crap in all my time here I've not seen a single post report saying "this is a norty torrent url" from anyone.

If you've seen them do right by the CoC and report the post, then they'll get scrubbed. You're complaining about something that you clearly make an active decision to do nothing about whilst at the same time take offence at. Laughable.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, again you are struggling. Because like just like freeshard talk, I couldn't care less about torrent talk. It is your attitude that I have a problem with, you could have just explained why freeshard talk is banned but no, you have to do it by saying

Mostly because it's not your arse on the line so frankly who gives a shit about your short sighted view.

followed by...

If that's really such a big issue in people's lives then I suggest they re evaluate their daily existence.

Like I said, if you weren't such a ballbag about explaining things then I wouldn't out you for being a douchbag.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Don't think anyone here has said what sites or how to get to them or how to download via torrents. And the concept of a torrent is legal anyway. It's what you do with it once you have it that is potentially illegal.

But in order to use a freeshard you have to break copywrite.
Lots of things use torrent technology. And you can download out of copyright (see what I did there.) books and such using the same tech you can to do other stuff. So asking which client is best for torrenting breaks no coc. However linking to a torrent of supergrestnewmovie is and therefore would rightly be jumped on.

But to use a freeshard you have to break agreements that you have with the client software.

Anyhow. It's deebs house and his rules. I don't see anything in Mystics post that was anything more than not this shit again. Cause we been here loads in the past.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure which rating to give so I will just go with a funny for the naivety.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Did all the explaining that was done a thousand years ago just like...pass you all by? Tbh obvious troll is obvious. 1/5 for effort.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The main reason i dont like FH is because every thread is the same few people arguing in circles and it's boring as fuck. this thread is a golden example.

I simply avoided almost everything except the football thread and this section. this section is seemingly worthless and the football thread won't last much longer anyway, much like the rest of FH i expect

megadave

I am a FH squatter
and bloodomen i wasnt refering to you as a cunt

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is what you make of it @megadave put the idiots on ignore and chew the footie cud if that's all that floats your boat.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The main reason i dont like FH is because every thread is the same few people arguing in circles and it's boring as fuck. this thread is a golden example.

I simply avoided almost everything except the football thread and this section. this section is seemingly worthless and the football thread won't last much longer anyway, much like the rest of FH i expect
If it doesn't float your boat. Jog on. Don't make a big hissy fit about some non issue that's been talked about loads before

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I reported a bunch of links to pirated material last night. Still there.

Odd that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

It was not @BloodOmen which made the rules up... However we are discussing the freeshard debate at the moment, more news real soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom