why are there holes in biscuits?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Cask said:
Actually I'd vote that it is a desert as it should contain milk and ice cream. Chocolate milk would be a drink. I'm still waiting for my chocolate milk tap to be installed.

that was their argument as well. that and the calorie thing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It depends entirely on the consitency of the drink, and not how many calories are contained within it. A proper milkshake is really a dessert, because when served its impossible to upend the glass and drink it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm, I'm still not convinced. I don't see people eating milkshakes with a spoon, I see them drinking them through a straw (usually). If I got an ice cream sorbet, waited till it was fully melted and then drank it I'd still think it was a desert, because it was originally ice cream. I suppose a milkshake is a grey area somewhere between drink and desert, and it's a blend of both ice cream and milk (unless you get a maccyd's which are said to be lard and milk).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Going from the calories argument, a hot toddy is a dessert!

mank!

Part of the furniture
cookie_monster.jpg

Biscuits are generally round and relatively flat.
Cakes are large and generally slices.

Therefore Jaffa Cakes aren't really cakes at all.

But what about kit-kats indeed?

Pakman

Fledgling Freddie
Jaffa Cakes are cakes, it has always been my opinion that whilst being baked if something "rises" it is a cake, if it doesn't it's a biscuit (this of course excludes pastries and bread). Since a Jaffa Cake includes sponge it has "risen" and is therefore a cake Q.E.D.

mank!

Part of the furniture
But it's shaped like a biscuit. Could it be a biscake?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
If you take Jaffa Cakes out of their wrapper and place them in a biscuit tin with other biscuits they will go hard, just like you would expect a cake to go - case solved.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Stimpy said:
If you take Jaffa Cakes out of their wrapper and place them in a biscuit tin with other biscuits they will go hard, just like you would expect a cake to go - case solved.

where as if you leave your biscuits out and not in an air tight container they well go soft

(kitkats will stay the same though (unless its hot then they melt))

the plot thickens :m00:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
TdC said:
hmm, I'm still not convinced. I don't see people eating milkshakes with a spoon, I see them drinking them through a straw (usually). If I got an ice cream sorbet, waited till it was fully melted and then drank it I'd still think it was a desert, because it was originally ice cream. I suppose a milkshake is a grey area somewhere between drink and desert, and it's a blend of both ice cream and milk (unless you get a maccyd's which are said to be lard and milk).

Clearly you have not had a proper milkshake yet.

EDIT:

Its really simple...
If something has the word "cake" in it its a cake.

eg:

Jaffa cake
Chocolate cake
Cheese cake

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
biscuits have holes so you can tell it apart from a cake. to avoid the confusions such as is a jaffa cake a biscuit? no because there is no holes. ;)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
but what about oatcakes and the humble flapjack?

oatcakes certainly are not cakes

and i dunno what the hell a flapjack is really

mank!

Part of the furniture
Flapjacks are basically oats, sugar, golden syrup and butter mixed together. I'd say they're biscuits.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
maybe but surly the dimensions of a flapjack are to big to be able to class it as a biscuit?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
dysfunction said:
Clearly you have not had a proper milkshake yet.

EDIT:

Its really simple...
If something has the word "cake" in it its a cake.

eg:

Jaffa cake
Chocolate cake
Cheese cake

eq, Shortcake. Oh no that's a biscuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom