Whos gonna win 2006 world cup?

Brite

Banned
might have an outside bet on greece at 100-1 ;) but really it can be anyone of the top teams, but not the germans!!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Semi-finals: England, Portugal, Netherlands, Sweden

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Both the Republic of Ireland and England have a good chance if they field full strength sides but as always the boys to beat with be Brazil/France/Germany.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
as much as i hate to say this (im welsh) if england have there full squad out and sven has them playing well together. then imo there aint a team that will trouble them... they have easily the best squad "throughout the team" than the others whome lack in goal/def/mid/str where as england do have a full strength squad throughout. this would be my england world cup winning team :)

Goal D.James

R.B G.Neville
C.B J.Carragher
C.B J.Terry
L.B A.Cole

R.W Beckham
C.M Lampard
C.M Gerrard
L.W Dyer

C.F Rooney
C.F Owen

Subs
j.Cole
Ferdinand
Campbell
Johnston (that c.palace striker)
Defoe
Hargreaves

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
[HB]Jpeg said:
this would be my england world cup winning team :)

Goal D.James :eek7: Robinson or Green

R.B G.Neville
C.B J.Carragher <-- Ferdinand
C.B J.Terry
L.B A.Cole

R.W Beckham
C.M Lampard
C.M Gerrard
L.W Dyer <-- Wright-Phillips

C.F Rooney
C.F Owen

Subs
j.Cole
Ferdinand
Campbell
Defoe
King

that'd do me :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Nice squad - not sure about including Beckham tho - he'll be outclassed I'm sure by some of the new Spurs talent emerging....still a fine team tho

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Asslong as holland beats up germany and germany wont win it it's okay with me..

ps as much as i would like england to see it win for u.. i doubt you will, you guys allways lose on a stupid way like vs portugal?

anyway holland will goto the final / semi final and get wtfpwned by penalty's there..

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I'd put my money on the dutch if Kluivert and Davids still play :>

If not France with Zidane.

A

Aoln

Bit too early to say really, as much as i'd love england to win something always goes wrong :(

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
I'd put my money on the dutch if Kluivert and Davids still play :>

Hell, if England still had Tony Adams, Paul Ince and David Platt, i don't doubt we'd win too, but remember the last Euro cup, and how well Greece did? One or two players sometimes do not make a team...

*nods sagely*

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Zebolt said:
If not France with Zidane.

Hes retired from international football.

I would say Czech Republic to win.

Czech and Argentina final(if they qualified...I don't know).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
[HB]Jpeg said:
as much as i hate to say this (im welsh) if england have there full squad out and sven has them playing well together. then imo there aint a team that will trouble them... they have easily the best squad "throughout the team" than the others whome lack in goal/def/mid/str where as england do have a full strength squad throughout. this would be my england world cup winning team :)

Goal D.James

R.B G.Neville
C.B J.Carragher
C.B J.Terry
L.B A.Cole

R.W Beckham
C.M Lampard
C.M Gerrard
L.W Dyer

C.F Rooney
C.F Owen

Subs
j.Cole
Ferdinand
Campbell
Defoe
Hargreaves

ROFLAMO, nice 4 man midfield with 2 right sided players and 2 out'n'out central midfielders. Your team has no balance where it matters most. As for Carragher before Ferdinand or Campbell you must be having a laugh, yes Jamie has had a great Champions League campaign but he does not quite have the quality or concentration levels of those other 2. He is a great backup but I couldn't put him in the top 4 of England central defenders, Campbell/Ferdinand/Terry and Woodgate (when fit) are all more solid and reliable.

Aeva

Banned
[HP said:
JPEG]as much as i hate to say this (im welsh) if england have there full squad out and sven has them playing well together. then imo there aint a team that will trouble them... they have easily the best squad "throughout the team" than the others whome lack in goal/def/mid/str where as england do have a full strength squad throughout. this would be my england world cup winning team.

Goal D.James

R.B G.Neville
C.B J.Carragher
C.B J.Terry
L.B A.Cole

R.W Beckham
C.M Lampard
C.M Gerrard
L.W Dyer

C.F Rooney
C.F Owen

Subs
j.Cole
Ferdinand
Campbell
Defoe
Hargreaves

lol, somehow I dont think so :/ firstly you havn't got ferdinand or campbell in defence, and they are our two best! secondly, downing, joe cole > dyer and imo defoe is better than owen, so i think their best team would be something like....

Robinson

Neville - Ferdinand - Campbell/Terry (cant decide :() - Cole

Beckham/SW philips - Gerrard/Butt (to perhaps balance the midfield a bit) - Downing/Cole

- Lampard -

Defoe - Rooney

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Lol at people saying France.. they won't make it out of the group stage. Their team has been getting weaker and weaker since 98.

England won't be going anywhere either with Sven as manager. Unless of course he realises before 2006 that he's coaching England and not Italy.

I think it'll be the usual suspects in the semis. Brazil, Argentina, Germany (Host team always does well), and Holland.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
now, if we had:

Gordon Banks

Viv Anderson - Jack Charlton - Bobby Moore - Stuart Pearce

Paul Gascoigne - Bryan Robson - Paul Ince - John Barnes

Gary Lineker - Jimmy Greaves​

Bench:
Jack Charlton
Ashley Cole
Terry Butcher
Bobby Charlton
Jermain Defoe
Wayne Rooney

all at their prime, then we'd walk it :D

*goes off to make Bill n Ted's phone box to get the most amazing sticker album of all time*

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Good call with Bryan Robson, England desperatly need a holding player of his caliber these days. Personally I would switch Beckham for Ince and then move Beckham to right and Gazza into the middle. That would then be England's greatest modern day midfield. That said though Bobby Charlton would get my pick ahead of any of those 4 in an all-time greats team.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ah football..a 90min game watched by millions who are totally convinced they could do better than the coach themselves.

The guys in work rant on about whatever player should have been picked for the game so I say every time

'well ring them up and tell them!!!'

Himse

FH is my second home
Aeva said:
lol, somehow I dont think so :/ firstly you havn't got ferdinand or campbell in defence, and they are our two best! secondly, downing, joe cole > dyer and imo defoe is better than owen, so i think their best team would be something like....

Robinson

Neville - Ferdinand - Campbell/Terry (cant decide :() - Cole

Beckham/SW philips - Gerrard/Butt (to perhaps balance the midfield a bit) - Downing/Cole

- Lampard -

Defoe - Rooney

omg get a clue! Terry and Carraga (sp?) are like the two best defenders atm, also beckham is a pile of wank tbfh, hes lost his touch, Gerrard and Lampard are quality players, and Owen Hargreeves is also quality.

As for upfront i would say Vassel and Rooney, or maybe Defoe.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Himse said:
omg get a clue! Terry and Carraga (sp?) ...blah...blah...blah...

Erm you get a clue perhaps? I have been to Anfield 4 times this season and have watched over a dozen Liverpool games live on TV, Carragher is a good player and has had an excellent champions league campaign but Liverpool lost 14 yes 14 premier league games this season and Carragher was the stalwart of that defence. Don't get me wrong, he is in the top 5 English central defenders right now but there is no way on God's green earth that he will get in the first 11 ahead of Rio or Sol. They have masses of European and International experience at the very highest level, they are also much more composed on the ball than Jamie and both are much stronger in the air which is a vital asset for a central defender.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Cho me and you will will the world cup!. We'll duo the lot of them! :cool:

Marc

FH is my second home
Robert Green

G Neville
Ferdinand
Terry
Cole

SW Phillips
Gerrard
Lampard
J Cole

Rooney
Owen

rox team

Although lots can happen between now and then

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Vladamir said:
Cho me and you will will the world cup!. We'll duo the lot of them! :cool:

Well with a full bar of power I can summon 15+ mach 5 earth pets and thats before raging power, that will wtfpwn those Brazlians! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom