Whos gonna win 2006 world cup?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
And If Johnson was playing up front with a partner, he'd bang a lot more in. At palace they usually play him up front by himself. Stick him with Owen or Rooney and hed be lethal

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rediknight said:
If you have second rate strikers, firing at FIRST rate defenders, then they'll get way less goals. First rate strikers against SECOND rate defenders, they'll pour tons in. First rate strikers against first rate defenders is no different to second rate strikers against second rate defenders!!

Jeez, is it that difficult for you guys to grasp that??? Put Henry in Div 2, he'll score a hundred goals - put Abbott into the Prem, he'll score one or two, if he's lucky. It's a relative scale as you move down the league tables and the goals scored reflect that...

Err I am not saying otherwise bud, my point was that there is no point comparing because it really is a case of night and day in terms of quality.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rediknight said:
nah, i was trying to point out that although he is a most awesome centre forward, his strike rate isn't actually all that amazing, for the amount of praise he gets. His forethought, his movement off the ball, and sheer pace are what put him into the positions to have a crack, but as finishers go, he isn't the most naturally talented shot placer. Rooney, Bergkamp, Defoe and, to a certain degree, Johnson, have a much finer eye for finishing although they all lack in one or more of the areas Henry excels in.

I was basically trying to point out that a high goal tally can be got at any level, and... y'know what, i can't even remember what my point was now...

*wanders off to roll one and get ready for the 1st test tomorrow*

crickets far more civilised ;)

Agreed, Gary Lineker wasn't the most gifted player with the ball at his feet but he was one of the most lethal finishers in living memory. Vice versa you have someone like Eric Cantona who had sublime ball skills and vision but was sloppy at times when on goal. Henry is only the top scorer this season because there is a real lack of clinical finishers in the Premier League right now, Van Nistelrooy has gone off the boil and Owen moved abroad. As good as the rest of them are not one of them is capable of 30 goals a season from open play.

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
You don't rate Rio? How good was that fella for England in Portugal, our best defender by an absolute mile.

Rio didn't go to Portugal, he was still serving out his drug ban (failing to turn up to a test).

EDIT:/ and if you want to see some good defence watch Liverpool-AC Milan tonight, don't expect many goals though :(.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Iodine said:
Rio didn't go to Portugal, he was still serving out his drug ban (failing to turn up to a test).

Yeah, meant to put Japan but my head is a bit up my arse today, trying to build my new PC and it isn't going well :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX said:
Henry is only the top scorer this season because there is a real lack of clinical finishers in the Premier League right now, Van Nistelrooy has gone off the boil and Owen moved abroad. As good as the rest of them are not one of them is capable of 30 goals a season from open play.

Henry has been top goal scorer last two seasons running so thats not fair Henry can score from almost anywhere. If Arsenal played the type of game that had ball going into the penalty area im sure he would score alot more tap ins.

The premier leauge has evolved now that im not sure a lineker would do well now as the fitnees has got better defending has moved further up the pitch so now its the players that have pace ect that are needed so your defoe henry rooney johnston and the real deal now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's MILAN dahrling Milan!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
And If Johnson was playing up front with a partner, he'd bang a lot more in. At palace they usually play him up front by himself. Stick him with Owen or Rooney and hed be lethal

Having seen him play live I'd say he's not nearly up to the hype. Decent prem striker but nowhere near international class. Same goes for Downing on left mid.

As for the world cup, don't know enough about the other top teams but I do think England will go close if everyone is fit. To actually win it? Really don't know at this stage.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
soze said:
Henry has been top goal scorer last two seasons running so thats not fair Henry can score from almost anywhere. If Arsenal played the type of game that had ball going into the penalty area im sure he would score alot more tap ins.

The premier leauge has evolved now that im not sure a lineker would do well now as the fitnees has got better defending has moved further up the pitch so now its the players that have pace ect that are needed so your defoe henry rooney johnston and the real deal now.

Fitness matters but an eye for goal is much much more important and there was none finer than linker from 6 yards, his career statistics show that.

soze

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX said:
Fitness matters but an eye for goal is much much more important and there was none finer than linker from 6 yards, his career statistics show that.

I agree 100% all im saying is how many opportunities would he get from 6 yards out in the modern game.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Iodine said:
EDIT:/ and if you want to see some good defence watch Liverpool-AC Milan tonight, don't expect many goals though :(.

HAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!! BUWHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!OMGKKTHXBBQWTFSTFU!!!!!!!!

not many goals... :D

5 from open play, 6 from the spot = 11 goals... is that not enough for you dude??? i mean how many do you want??? ;) heh!

what a strange game this is...

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
HAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!! BUWHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!OMGKKTHXBBQWTFSTFU!!!!!!!!

not many goals... :D

5 from open play, 6 from the spot = 11 goals... is that not enough for you dude??? i mean how many do you want??? ;) heh!

what a strange game this is...

Well i wasn't alone in thinking it would be a stale game, but being a reds fan myself i'm not complaing :D

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Iodine said:
Well i wasn't alone in thinking it would be a stale game, but being a reds fan myself i'm not complaing :D

so you got to drown your sorrows at half time, then drown EVERYTHING at the end, in lovely b33r? :D

Was an amazing game - Gerrards header was sublime, and i'll betcha Merseysides gonna bounce this weekend :drink:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Rediknight said:
Was an amazing game - Gerrards header was sublime, and i'll betcha Merseysides gonna bounce this weekend :drink:

Aye, woner what will happen when the Everton hardcases get ahold of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom