Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Dorimor1

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • Both

Votes: 18 14.6%

• Total voters

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
i love the way you only show a select few battles, and you never seem to die :twak: and more on the topic of the thread, i dont see how any of these two can be ledgends of thid, becuase all they do is strafe and runthru, one spams lifetap, one spams loads of different poisons /yawn :kissit:

P.S. toffie's pally kills all

Reformed

Banned
one spams loads of different poisons /yawn

Time you lot were educated in the way my sbs used to fight and why they were so effective. Multiple weapons were a big part of it but far from all I used to do. For one thing I used to swap weapons during a combination attack. Pillager with 2 weapons after constantly scanning for any close enemies which meant I would be too fast for nearly all stealthers and hit them out of stealth before they could perf or bs me. Then on attacking with 2 weapons and applying 2 different poisons - lethal and 22 debuff - I would run-through and swap to the 2 hander whilst doing so in time to turn and hit them from the other side with the plunderer pillager followup. This would be repeated so I could avoid getting hit from the front a lot of the time but not only that in most cases I would swap to a fresh weapon after using my 2 hander. All this would be done whilst constantly moving. Against a slow hitter like an armsman I could really avoid getting hit and my poisons would take down most. Reason I used Pillagar and plunderer combo? Pillager slows the attacker for 20 seconds and by swapping to the 2 hander for the plunderer follow up I would hit 3 x in the same amount of time an inf would hit me with 2 and also by using the 2 hander I hit for a fair amount of damage as I negated the la effect. Unless you try just a bit of the above you won't realize how hard it is to do. I even attempted to train peeps to do it but no-one was able to follow the moves. This made my sbs unique and very effective fighters. Also not keeping the 2 hander in my hands for very long cut down on evasion etc from other stealthers. You can see how effective this is by watching this film where I killed an ORANGE elf (guy had never lost to a buffed sb before in thid and yet loses to me whilst I was unbuffed). He beat the crap outta me on the bridge as I couldn't move about so I then waited for him to die and catch him again whilst he was coming out of HPK once more.

Orange Hib Stealther fight.

All the above were carried out whilst swapping to fresh weapons each attack and also attacking him from the other side each time of the pillager plunderer combo with the 2 hander.

Anyone able to follow the moves? Hit from front with 2 weapons (pillager) - run-through whilst swapping to a 2 hander to turn and hit from the other side with plunderer. Pretty unique move and not one I ever saw repeated. Try it Sean and see how you get off :touch: .

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Reformed said:
not being funny, i am sure you were a very good SB but that's pretty standard melee tactics. not so much in thid when purge doesn't come into it but as a 50 assassin you have to perma recycle weapons

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Reformed said:
Time you lot were educated in the way my sbs used to fight and why they were so effective. Multiple weapons were a big part of it but far from all I used to do. For one thing I used to swap weapons during a combination attack. Pillager with 2 weapons after constantly scanning for any close enemies which meant I would be too fast for nearly all stealthers and hit them out of stealth before they could perf or bs me. Then on attacking with 2 weapons and applying 2 different poisons - lethal and 22 debuff - I would run-through and swap to the 2 hander whilst doing so in time to turn and hit them from the other side with the plunderer pillager followup. This would be repeated so I could avoid getting hit from the front a lot of the time but not only that in most cases I would swap to a fresh weapon after using my 2 hander. All this would be done whilst constantly moving. Against a slow hitter like an armsman I could really avoid getting hit and my poisons would take down most. Reason I used Pillagar and plunderer combo? Pillager slows the attacker for 20 seconds and by swapping to the 2 hander for the plunderer follow up I would hit 3 x in the same amount of time an inf would hit me with 2 and also by using the 2 hander I hit for a fair amount of damage as I negated the la effect. Unless you try just a bit of the above you won't realize how hard it is to do. I even attempted to train peeps to do it but no-one was able to follow the moves. This made my sbs unique and very effective fighters. Also not keeping the 2 hander in my hands for very long cut down on evasion etc from other stealthers. You can see how effective this is by watching this film where I killed an ORANGE elf (guy had never lost to a buffed sb before in thid and yet loses to me whilst I was unbuffed). He beat the crap outta me on the bridge as I couldn't move about so I then waited for him to die and catch him again whilst he was coming out of HPK once more.

Orange Hib Stealther fight.

All the above were carried out whilst swapping to fresh weapons each attack and also attacking him from the other side each time of the pillager plunderer combo with the 2 hander.

Anyone able to follow the moves? Hit from front with 2 weapons (pillager) - run-through whilst swapping to a 2 hander to turn and hit from the other side with plunderer. Pretty unique move and not one I ever saw repeated. Try it Sean and see how you get off :touch: .

yawn, still a laemo strafer in my book :m00:

1) all them wepons is really taking it too far for thid
2) you claim about beating down all these buffed ppl, yet you say you aint coming back because people have buffbots :/ i dont get ya :/

Reformed

Banned
Recycle weapons

not being funny, i am sure you were a very good SB but that's pretty standard melee tactics. not so much in thid when purge doesn't come into it but as a 50 assassin you have to perma recycle weapons

Well playing unbuffed in Thid was bad enough. Tried doing so at 50 and it was impossible. By then the buff power was rediculous. My buffed Thid sb had more everything bar for con than my unbuffed level 50 sb. That is the power of buffing at just Thid level.

Come back to Thid? I find the game just dreadful now. Playing on the Classic is much nicer but even so the same 'gotta have the best stuff to beat the rest' mentallity pervades there too. I reckon the game really went into decline with the introduction of sc. After that there were the elite and the rest. Prior to that you had normal and buffed which was bad enough. Now? SC - Buffs - Toa - TOA boosted buffs? For someone like me who only likes to log on every now and then and play a little it is a no-goer. No way can I find the time or want to find the time to play on this server. Apart from that I refuse to run 2 pcs or 2 accounts just to play a game.

Loved the game or I wouldn't have played it so long but all my mates have stopped playing and the game seems to be in general decline. Must say too that Freddyhouse has become far too strict in my opinion and seems to quash any enthusiastic player should they start bragging. This was essential if you ask me to get peeps blood flowing and play the game with passion. Why are they doing this?

Reformed

Banned
Annoys?

because it mainly annoys and provokes and starts needless flaming and abuse.

The above equates to fun in my book. The forum is appearing flat and lifeless without nonsensical threads. Where is the fun on this forum now? Tis like sitting at a desk in school or summit whilst trying to behave yourself otherwise the teacher will slap your wrists. Bad news if you ask me. Totally bland. Ok, idiots like me ought to be banned if they go too far - which I did - but the rest? Nah, let em rip and have fun otherwise all the guys that generate ingame rivalry won't show or will be banned - like Dorimor and others. These are the 'ingame stars' that make others want to play. This is a gaming forum after all.

Gamah

Banned
50 and posting on an internet forum about who you "pooned" at a computer game, your life is a bit of a faliure and I feel sorry for your little meaningless exsistence.

Reformed

Banned
50 and posting on an internet forum about who you "pooned" at a computer game, your life is a bit of a faliure and I feel sorry for your little meaningless exsistence.

Not for much longer as I am switching off my internet :) . As for my life being meaningless. Nope, far from it. Am now a pretty good blues guitar player. Still a pretty mean runner and hope to get a few more marathons under my belt - and have been told I could run for Wales in my age group. I also read constantly and have been engrossed in some great novels lately. Also I have done a great deal in my life already. 'Pooning' someone in a game like this is quite an achievement also if you ask me. After all it takes a lot of thought to play this game to it's full potential. Just another challenge in a long list for me. Thought to post a little more before I pull the plug so to speak.

Wot you done bro that is worth a few sentences?

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Reformed said:
Not for much longer as I am switching off my internet :) . As for my life being meaningless. Nope, far from it. Am now a pretty good blues guitar player. Still a pretty mean runner and hope to get a few more marathons under my belt - and have been told I could run for Wales in my age group. I also read constantly and have been engrossed in some great novels lately. Also I have done a great deal in my life already. 'Pooning' someone in a game like this is quite an achievement also if you ask me. After all it takes a lot of thought to play this game to it's full potential. Just another challenge in a long list for me. Thought to post a little more before I pull the plug so to speak.

Wot you done bro that is worth a few sentences?
rofl :D

thanks for the laugh before work :)

Reformed

Banned
Did I mention I now compose my own songs? Well this one is a lament for those that have fallen in Thid. Quality is iffy but then again it is only 4 mb in size. Don't take it too hard and cry all over the keyboard.

My guitar playing is also unique. I have adopted finger picking blues and combined it with various other blues to create songs that I like to listen to. I can now shut my eyes and play anything really. In other words I can express my feelings without having to read any music. I have lots of songs - full instrumental ones - that I am going to put to paper soon. This one I recorded earlier just before I went forra run. Not at all clear a recording and I will re-record it again soon.

WMV file of 4 Mbs

A Thid Lament - For the Fallen Heros

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Reformed said:
Did I mention I now compose my own songs? Well this one is a lament for those that have fallen in Thid. Quality is iffy but then again it is only 4 mb in size. Don't take it too hard and cry all over the keyboard.

My guitar playing is also unique. I have adopted finger picking blues and combined it with various other blues to create songs that I like to listen to. I can now shut my eyes and play anything really. In other words I can express my feelings without having to read any music. I have lots of songs - full instrumental ones - that I am going to put to paper soon. This one I recorded earlier just before I went forra run. Not at all clear a recording and I will re-record it again soon.

Give this man a record-deal asap! He writes his own songs goddamnit!

Reformed

Banned
Poetry and Musac

I have given up the way or the warrior and turned instead to poetry and music. You will be able to find the 'King of Thid' high up on a hill in Thidland shortly surrounded by his flock of sheep (Mythic are going to introduce a flock just for me).

As you can see I am still as barmy as ever but hell I still got me sense of humour. Lots could take my place as the 'King of Thid' I suppose as far as fighting is concerned in their twinked up suits and toa buffs etc but no-one can be as barmy as me as well. A unique combination that will be the goal to aim for.

Who is up forrit? Youse is all too sane it looks like to me.

If you can aspire to be as bonkers as me then all you will need is to play a musical instrument and come join me in looking after my flock of sheep. 'Flock of Sheep'? Mmm - I can see wot I am doing. I was residing over you in the game (you = sheep) and now I am using the new flock of sheep as a replacement. Ah. Once a King always a King it seems.

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Hey matey...

Why dont you try to combine your guitarplaying and some of your best thid recordings and make a cool movie for us?

Sounded good the stuff you played... keep it up... and good luck with rl also ofc :)

Cheers,
Squirrel

Reformed

Banned
Why dont you try to combine your guitarplaying and some of your best thid recordings and make a cool movie for us?

Good idea but not sure I have enough time left before me internet is switched off. Might give it a go though. Just incase that doesn't happen here is a taster of Finger Picking Blues. Song is called Hooch. Only learned to play the guitar in the last 2-3 yrs, whilst easing up on playing DAOC infact so posting this here isn't so out of place. I think I have reached a pretty high standard now. Anyways this is fast finger picking blues with sum heavy 3 string chords, with the lower string reduced down to d (usually tis e). So fast infact the camera can't keep up with my finger work and there is a bit of a lag at times. Lot faster songs about though so I think I need a new camera. No Thid Title for this song but even so I could easily use it on any video about Thid.

WMV File of 3.5 Mbs
Hooch.

Oh well off for another run now. Life sure is hectic :) .

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Reformed said:
I have given up the way or the warrior and turned instead to poetry and music. You will be able to find the 'King of Thid' high up on a hill in Thidland shortly surrounded by his flock of sheep (Mythic are going to introduce a flock just for me).

As you can see I am still as barmy as ever but hell I still got me sense of humour. Lots could take my place as the 'King of Thid' I suppose as far as fighting is concerned in their twinked up suits and toa buffs etc but no-one can be as barmy as me as well. A unique combination that will be the goal to aim for.

Who is up forrit? Youse is all too sane it looks like to me.

If you can aspire to be as bonkers as me then all you will need is to play a musical instrument and come join me in looking after my flock of sheep. 'Flock of Sheep'? Mmm - I can see wot I am doing. I was residing over you in the game (you = sheep) and now I am using the new flock of sheep as a replacement. Ah. Once a King always a King it seems.

There is no king of thid :) as its a un-owned piece of land , which is occupied by opposing forces at varying times, tho the Kings of each fair lands forces do not actually own the land per-se. Unless u can show my the Deed and your Kingdom and followers proving that u are indeed the King of thid, i refuse to take your boast seriously.

U are instead, a very good player of the class shadowblade , tho imo u r not the best, maybe at killing and performing silly tricks but there is a few people i would consider better in Thid merely as they do not resort to the lame tactics of runthroughs. Think , had there been a solid character model since the start of Daoc, do u think you would have performed so well ? no i think not, granted u would have still racked up a large amount of kills, and i salute that u ran unbuffed , tho i allways run unbuffed myself (Unless its a self buff class) but i dont resort to cheap tactics. Cept maybe adding on people but i only do that in a grp zerg tbh, i actually like people duelling its fun to watch. It is a pity i never got to fight your SB, sure id have been torn a new one, but it woulda been fun , and better still, u could have farmed Sean which wouldve made it better but nm.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
all im saying is Seanzz ze unbuffed infil RAWR

Seanzz > pedigree
Seanzz > Ragnasok

end of discussion :twak: :kissit: :kissit: :kissit:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Sean said:
all im saying is Seanzz ze unbuffed infil RAWR

Seanzz > pedigree
Seanzz > Ragnasok

end of discussion

Teh fuck u know that i aint even zoned him into thid yet lol

Reformed

Banned
Think , had there been a solid character model since the start of Daoc, do u think you would have performed so well ? no i think not, granted u would have still racked up a large amount of kills, and i salute that u ran unbuffed , tho i allways run unbuffed myself (Unless its a self buff class) but i dont resort to cheap tactics.

Bit silly to say such a thing. Don't forget I purposely didn't buff up though I could have as I nearly always had 2 accounts running. As for you running unbuffed I bet you never played a soft and squashy sb or anything else that is so easy to kill. To run in such a weakened state actually makes you play far better. You have to resort to anything and everything to win. Would have been impossible to win against nearly any buffed player by just standing still and downright silly game play. Believe me unless you do the run-through correctly it can make you miss far more than your opponent, but to do it like I was and also swapping weapons and using the 2nd part of a combo attack at the same time was very difficult to do. Equates to absolute skill in my book. Sounds like your characters would have received a hammering against my sbs and you probably only play fully twinked and as tough as possible. How you fancy playing with sc only and no buffs or toa? Different ball game entirely. Bet you would quickly learn how to run-through for sure - otherwise you might as well sit down when you meet an opponent - or bend over and kiss your arse goodbye :) .

As for Sean and his inf. I never lost to an unbuffed inf for over 2 yrs be they slash or thrust. Buffed infs yes but killed most of them at some time or other too. I reckon that the new Mevos video shows Sean up for wot his is and I don't think I would have had any trouble dispatching his inf - fully buffed probably too. The real problems I encountered were after the introduction of TOA and TOA boosted buffs. Before that being against buffed infs whilst unbuffed wasn't that hard at all - after was a different ball game. Hell I think some infs had 900 hits! Me with 608 on my Kob sb. I reckon that guy Mevos is one of the best stealthers I have seen for a while - and he uses the same tactics as I did. Nice game playing.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Reformed said:
As for you running unbuffed I bet you never played a soft and squashy sb or anything else that is so easy to kill..

Actually i have tried every alb char there is in thid cept for a sorc :)

Anyway even armsman are squishy these days ^^

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Reformed said:
Bit silly to say such a thing. Don't forget I purposely didn't buff up though I could have as I nearly always had 2 accounts running. As for you running unbuffed I bet you never played a soft and squashy sb or anything else that is so easy to kill. To run in such a weakened state actually makes you play far better. You have to resort to anything and everything to win. Would have been impossible to win against nearly any buffed player by just standing still and downright silly game play. Believe me unless you do the run-through correctly it can make you miss far more than your opponent, but to do it like I was and also swapping weapons and using the 2nd part of a combo attack at the same time was very difficult to do. Equates to absolute skill in my book. Sounds like your characters would have received a hammering against my sbs and you probably only play fully twinked and as tough as possible. How you fancy playing with sc only and no buffs or toa? Different ball game entirely. Bet you would quickly learn how to run-through for sure - otherwise you might as well sit down when you meet an opponent - or bend over and kiss your arse goodbye :) .

As for Sean and his inf. I never lost to an unbuffed inf for over 2 yrs be they slash or thrust. Buffed infs yes but killed most of them at some time or other too. I reckon that the new Mevos video shows Sean up for wot his is and I don't think I would have had any trouble dispatching his inf - fully buffed probably too. The real problems I encountered were after the introduction of TOA and TOA boosted buffs. Before that being against buffed infs whilst unbuffed wasn't that hard at all - after was a different ball game. Hell I think some infs had 900 hits! Me with 608 on my Kob sb. I reckon that guy Mevos is one of the best stealthers I have seen for a while - and he uses the same tactics as I did. Nice game playing.

LOL

buffed sc'd shade vs a unsc'd and unbuffed reaver hmmmmmmm
on my infil i could probably kill att the sb's in thid if i lowered maself to your lame level, but i play fine like i am, i dont mind loosing every now and again, but tbh m8 if you came back to thid now would would go from the so called "king of thid" to the guy who wipes my ass after a quick trip to the loo, or another one of alevens bitches

nuff said :twak:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Reformed said:
The real problems I encountered were after the introduction of TOA and TOA boosted buffs. .

Also hate to break it to u, but toa buffs even with the +13% extra, that amounts to about 5-6 points at most, christ even the toa caps are only +14 max, very hard to do a template with them without spending shitloads of cash on the rogs , cos trust me , 90% of daoc are retarded when it comes to pricing items on housing..

But in the end i dont see how this argument works for u, yes buffed players is a huge HUGE advantage over unbuffed, but toa caps and +13% buffs, no, they add a minimum extra help , its spec in thid that counts not a bonus +8stats , the only real toa bonus that makes any real diff in thid is HP caps, and theyre even harder to come by (cept for hibs , them scumbags can have +70 odd extra cap just from 2 very easy to get rings :( )

Reformed

Banned
I prob get banned again soon I expect. Don't think they like too many posts in one thread. Anyways, here are a few vids. One is against the toughest inf probably ever to walk in Thidland. Was regularly taking out a few sbs at the same time. A duel with Aoln's inf - Revolution I think her name was.

Aoln's unbeaten inf against Thugs duel

Before the fight we agreed on no stealth. Never trusted any dueller though and look wot happens - stealths up straight away. Still pretty conclusive win against a top notch inf.

Here are some Reavers - fully buffed ones - being taken out by me whilst unbuffed as usual. Like to see any other sb do the same.

Simiac - Tough fight and to the wire.

Whoisyourdaddy - another tough Reaver fight

You reckon you could ever manage the above? Don't fink so m8. Don't fink anyone will be able to. Was firing on all cylinders against Simiac who was taking down a few buffed players at the same time. Fight must rate as one of the best ever seen. Same goes for Whoisyourdaddy fight too.

toa caps and +13% buffs,

You gotta be joking. By the time someone is fully buffed and has load of extra hits along with being much faster etc etc they are a much tougher opponent than being simply buffed. An extra 100 hits maybe? Hell offa lot and probably more if toa bonus buffed as well. The TOA makes a hell offa diff to someone like me. Perhaps not to some other fully buffed and twinked guy no.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
yawn yawn yawn

strafe strafe strafe

use pot

yawn yawn yawn

switch wepons like 100times for 1 fight

boring boring boring

no skill

clueless cock

mate, your 50+ and still posting on internet forums claiming to be a king ffs, i think you seriously need to check your priorities

Reformed

Banned
mate, your 50+ and still posting on internet forums claiming to be a king ffs, i think you seriously need to check your priorities

Well it fills in a bit of time. As for being thought of as 'King' that is just a title I created for a bit of fun. Not sure age has much to do with anything. Apparently there are older peeps than me playing this game. It boils down to having a competitive nature which you never lose I suppose. I would have been exactly the same if I had played this game at the age of 20 or something - or even 70 come to that.

Now then the challenge is to make films yourself to show your victories. Hardly anyone does though which is a pity. Come on now Sean show us wot you are capable of - or ain't. Get filming.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
i would film a best of 3 fight vs u tbh, show all that you are not the "king"

Aleven1

Banned
since ive never really met thugs and i dont know anything about him i wont vote for him, and since dori is such a **** <n00b xDD> i wont vote for him either, where's can i vote for myself? :kissit:

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
the " we hate aleven hes an easymode fat ass troll" option got removed by a mod :fluffle:

Aleven1

Banned
Sean said:
the " we hate aleven hes an easymode fat ass troll" option got removed by a mod :fluffle:
QQ irl, and <3 easymode aslong as i can send your ass back to APK im more than happy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom