Who reported my name?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Its primary association is different to everyone, but the origins of the word is the seizure of property. It now also means to ruin something, like rappers raping those good 80's tunes in their new unoriginal crap. Someone hearing it on voice communications would most likely interpret it in a certain way because it was said in a certain way.

Yes, women being raped is a terrible thing, but so is cancer, so is aids, so are hundreds of other things. Should we all not use any of those words anymore? That's undoable, and insensible, because we'd substitude the word for something else, and before you know it, the new word is tainted aswell, thus will be taken out aswell. If that goes on there comes a time when you cannot use any word at all anymore.

You find it an ugly word. That's a whole lot different from it being an ugly word. The word itself isn't ugly. The way it is used can be.

Depending on the circumstances. I wouldn't just start shouting rape without context or reason. That indeed is offensive. If however it's an appropriate word to use for an occurance, like for instance that the rainforests are being raped by the lumbercompanies... I would yeah.

This issue, this double standard is in your mind, and are your feelings. You cannot expect everyone else to feel thesame. It's not the word that does it. It's the way it's used.
If a certain word is being used as a personal insult, or as discrimination in general... Yeah, you can be offended. If it's just used as a valid means of communication... Any offence you might experience is yours to deal with.

what a load of cock, and look that up in the dictionary, soon we will need english translators for the politically correct english speakers... people should know what & when context a word is used in, therefore know in what context it means and if not they are a donkey, but the above is patronising "ipaymysubssoiplayasiwant" drivel... cancer and rape the same thing load of bollox

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well i decided with the maturity of freddyshouse now at preschool levels im going to delete the link from my computer. I dont think im going to post here ever again.

Ill still be in game but reading this forum just winds me up that the forum warriors and the clicky crew constantly berate and ruin the experience for everyone else so screw this ive had enough.

Life is too short to be wound up by a bunch of retards and tossers like those found on this forum. I know im better than the majority of players its just a shame that the few always dictate to the many.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Life is too short to be wound up by a bunch of retards and tossers like those found on this forum. I know im better than the majority of players its just a shame that the few always dictate to the many.

You see the problem here is, that many people post this sort of stuff with their tongues firmly in their cheeks, unfortunately it shows your character that you are serious. Harbouring attitudes like this isn't compatible with being an E&E as still a significant proportion of people here play Duvet. It demonstrates a complete inability to turn the other cheek or engage with those people who you dont agree with in a meaningful manner.

It's a shame if you really are leaving the boards, i think its important that all sides of the game are represented on here, my reservations about your fitness for the E&E position you hold aside.

*edit
Hope this is just a drunken post from you anyhow Wark, don't really think you mean that you are better than the majority of players. So if it was just one of those pissed posts, then fair enough, weve all done it at one time or another, and mods feel free to remove this if thats the case.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
well i decided with the maturity of freddyshouse now at preschool levels im going to delete the link from my computer. I dont think im going to post here ever again.

Ill still be in game but reading this forum just winds me up that the forum warriors and the clicky crew constantly berate and ruin the experience for everyone else so screw this ive had enough.

wow can see why Requiel has u as an E&E, pompous, arrogant, dogmatic u got GOA material all over ya me boy:twak:

tierk

Part of the furniture
I cant believe the idiot that started this post can even think about complaining, he knew full well that the chances were it would get changed and for sure would give offence to someone. Tbh i think that your account should be banned from the game period but thats just my opinion.

Roaken

I saw the name in RvR one day and consulted the Code of Conduct which stated that no racist names were allowed so i had the name changed, we offered to let him suggest five other names that were more suitable and we changed his name based on the selection of five.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I saw the name in RvR one day and consulted the Code of Conduct which stated that no racist names were allowed so i had the name changed, we offered to let him suggest five other names that were more suitable and we changed his name based on the selection of five.

Can't say fairer than that really.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Can we sum it up?

boredom.jpg

Rvr section used to be more interesting tbh!

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie

So is this a usual thing roaken - if you see it as offence/racist you will change it ?

If so could you explain what was offence about the name "Timeof themonth" was savage that was played the first week in everymonth in RVR.

I cannot see what is offence about that name ????? even if someone did take exception the worst that could be said is that it is a common slang reference to what nearly every female experiences throughout 30 odd years of thier life -- there is no offence in it some might not like the phrasing - Hell there's pharses i dont like but i wouldnt say im offended by them.

But hey takes a lot to offend me I tend to just let most stuff go over my head.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
So is this a usual thing roaken - if you see it as offence/racist you will change it ?

If so could you explain what was offence about the name "Timeof themonth" was savage that was played the first week in everymonth in RVR.

I cannot see what is offence about that name ????? even if someone did take exception the worst that could be said is that it is a common slang reference to what nearly every female experiences throughout 30 odd years of thier life -- there is no offence in it some might not like the phrasing - Hell there's pharses i dont like but i wouldnt say im offended by them.

But hey takes a lot to offend me I tend to just let most stuff go over my head.

Well, though as people know, i'm not in the habit of defending GM's, I guess that the rightnow peeps also alter names - and as we know not all of them have got a full grasp of slang english - then they just may rely on the fact that someone has complained. Even if this wasnt the case, I presume this change was before Roaken was in the job.

Agree though, while there may be a broad grey line around what is deemed offensive and what is not, this one was surely not within that boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom