Whinethread, sorry but need to be said

I

Insurrextion

quote : "it was wrong, the item should have been handed over to Gangstar, and stt shouldnt have traded, (group before greed)"

yes i agree that it should have been handed over to gangstar, but if the paladin refused and wanted a trade instead? that's what i'm trying to say - its more of the paladin's fault than stt's ... yes stt probably took advantage of the situation but i can see why (he has a lvl 50 scout alt and its bm bracer ;))

quote : "this thread is dropreleated"

haha that's a good one ... from what i've seen there have been some quite offensive comments aimed at my guild :rolleyes:

O

old.Sepiritz

But.. What about the banana? Anyone seen the banana?

O

old.Odysseus

Havent writen anything here yet.

We all know the drop distribution rules.

All should adhere to them, _especially_ the high level folks.

Guess I'll have to freeze the 1p+/- I owe Tts until this is solved.

J

Javai

Don't want to get into the rights and wrongs enough has been said already. But one simple thing works for me - if I'm really desperately hunting a drop using alts (as I have been recently looking for those damned bracers) I just don't bother grouping that way no argument.

O

old.gangstaR

Quote Insurrextion : but if the paladin refused and wanted a trade

He NEVER refused.

D

[DK]Rawkeer

Well, i'm finally gonna post here seen as its now affected me in game with some things i was trying to do (not gonna go into it, those involved know who and what)

---------------------
Firstly to the guy who said to speak to greg: I did, he said he couldn't force Tts to hand it over and then blew me off.

I'll just state my main problem and how my guild would deal with it were we in GoL's situation:

If this was my guild it would be simple, the offended people would make a complain to someone who they think is fairly high in DK, that person would then pass them on to the correct person to complain to (Either flint or belth, or one of our officers) and i would expect flint or belth to ask the offender to hand over the item in question.. We are all friends, if my GM see's i have done something wrong and tells me that it is damaging the guilds relations with another large guild and that it damages the guilds reputation in daoc as a whole i have enough respect for my own guild to have over the item.

If belth or Flint agreed with me then they would defend me as GoL have defended Tts, but the point is both herbal and greg had the attitude that "Yea, tts was wrong, but what can we do?" ...

Now can we jsut have a quick Poll from GM's here, how many of you would take the attitude that there is nothing you can do about it, even though you can clearly see your guild member is in the wrong?

And if it turns out that GM's will defend members when they are clearly wrong then i am glad i am in a decent guild with decent people who still have a shred of decency left.

Rawkeer - Sonofabitchofalbion

O

old.Odysseus

Had a long chat with Tts about it, nothing new, mail me at claudi@aclaudi.dk if u want a log of it.

The 1p I owed her are anulled, but I wont skim them for myself, hence they are going to the next relicdoor that is bashed in by mids.

EDIT:
I will not send the log anyway as it is a private conversation.

T

Treniel-

i can't belive herbal isi defending what tts/stt did...it was lame Stt knows that the bracer should of been given to the scout even though he was lower lvl than tts...

A

Aussie-

THAT BRACERS IS WORTH 1 PLAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREED
GREED
GREED

T

Tranquil-

The group as a whole worked for that bracer. Not stt/tts' scout, I'm sure she knows the rules, but she is too damn greedy and bent them to her liking.

:puke: Stt/Herbal's actions :(

Respect? Heh, no way.. no more.

S

silmar

Originally posted by old.Ebeneezer
I would have shrugged my shoulders and let the low lvl scout have it if I was in that group.

I totallly agree with Ebenezeer let's drop the drop stt give it to the Gangstar, be a sport if you had you scout in a group an someone took a drop that you wanted well???

what do you want with a lvl 20 drop? no matter how rare, you should let it go to the scout in the group first, well atleast the groups i've joined in middie that's how it works.

I want.... :touch: no i want :)

young.Silmar
Healer extraordinaire :)
Blizzard, Midgard

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Aussie-
THAT BRACERS IS WORTH 1 PLAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREED
GREED
GREED

erm i tried to dig up the link to the screenie of the 5 you had at one time but cant find it - doubt you will post it tho

kettle pot black anyone?

H

Herbal Remedy

to the rest of posters i dont think i ever said once that what stt did is right or wrong i just pointed out the hypocritical nature of this witch hunt (previous drops on high lvl hunts going to alts etc)

and yes stts a freind and i will defend her shes a guild mate as well

well the group found the item, it was a scout item, and stt's char was a cleric, he wasnt entitled for that drop ( i have a lvl 50 sorc & lvl 50 cleric when i play my little merc does that entitle me to claim items for my main chars also?) i would say poor buggers that is partied with my merc then, my mains is higher lvl than those im grouped with so therefore my mains is more entitled to the drops than they are ???? (well thats atleast the new drop rules by gol)

once again generalising one persons point of view as a whole guilds attitude

also like to point out again this wasnt a drop hunt just an ordinary xp group - so id like to ask how my lvl 50 here while lvingl alts in keltoi specifically had a talk about how drops would be distrubuted every single time they started/joined a group in keltoi?

to rada

You bring up the calil guard incedent.which tbh was blown out of all proportion by one person who just because we where lvl 50s thought we where on an ego trip.

if stt chars where lvl 30 do you think such a fuss would have been made i some how dont think so

read previous point

These incedents and your defence of them just reinforce mine and probably others who read this whole thread that GoL dont want to take part in the "Need b4 greed" un-written rule that

my view in no way represent the whole of gol or its attitude im just defending a mate who has had a lot shit posted about her and been harrassed alot by dks member over an incident which has be blown out of proportion

Flint has his opinions and if youd read my first replie youd see i have "friends" in GoL .my posts aint a slaggin off to your guild in whole,its a responce to herbal who jsut mouths off whatever he can think of to defend his guild m8 who dropped a bollok.

So can you tell me where i got my facts screwd up?.cos everything ive said about your guild .IS WHAT I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN.

and also qouted from rada

These incedents and your defence of them just reinforce mine and probably others who read this whole thread that GoL dont want to take part in the "Need b4 greed" un-written rule that has beed used since day one of beta. Anyone with any desire to be respected and who respects others isnt gonna wanna waste thier time with you,but hey! you dont give a fuck anyway do

so when ever have you personally seen a drop go to someone who couldnt use it while in a gol group - that lottery was a farce because members of huggie (hope to god i got the other guild involeved in this names right if not i appologise to this guild ) and dks didnt want to abide by the group and need before greed rule you so highly point out as being the law - gol and black falcons where quiet pissed of at the none following of the normal rules - which where stated as the ones being followed before the raid but u rewrite what happened how ever you like m8.

I was asked to handle the lotto becuase on the previous 8 times its happened at prince its been fair and every one has come away happy only this time when certains dks wanted alts included becuase "im playing this char because we need it more than an infil etc etc and started bitching about said alt not being able to lotto for it"

about the l33t attitude i think ive found where this has stemmed from and the member of gol (like to point out they are fairly new to the guild) will be talked to.

If u ask alot of people in albion about me they will tell u im fair on drops and try to keep up good in guild relations.... and i dont appreciate people lableing me as greedy or my guild just because ill defend one memebers actions.

to give u an example one muslim flys a plane into the world trade center so i guess all muslims have to be hunted down and shot - its an extreme example but i hope u see my point.

sorry to dks for bringing up the named cali guard incident and mordred in barfog but i hope u realise what i was trying to do one thing can tar a whole guilds reputation wether they know the whole facts behind it or not - u guys didnt appreciate someone flaming u on here and jumping to conclusions about the way your guild acts now did you - so you shouldnt be surpirsed when i jump to defence of a guild member who actions have turned this thread into a lets falme the shit out of gol thread.

to fingoniel

So Herbal, if you're playing in a group with your alt char.

And something nice drops that noone in the group other than this alt that you're currently playing (who has put effort and skill and time into getting this bit of loot for the group)

You'll be happy if I just take it away for a guildies pet's previous owners mothers sisters sons alternate character yeah?

Not a whimper of 'erm group before alts or guildies' or anything like that?

Yeah it's a little thing that everyone's getting blown up about. So is not giving the Dragon loot to the organiser to divide up, taking it for yourself and flogging it on ebay

has any who has grouped with me on a drop hunt ever seen me take a drop for a freinds alt guild mate what ever when someone in the group has need or use of the drop simple answer no not once ever

just because ill happly defend a guild mate after she and the guild has recieved a through barbqueing on the hot plate of flamethreads doesnt mean that someone who ive never grouped with can come on barrys world and make assumptions of how i act in daoc

you sir need to learn to have evidence to back your flames up:eek:

i play daoc not for drops or rps or looking leet i play because i like having fun and seeing albion prosper.

People are trying to make me out as someone who is drop horney and greedy and doesnt give a shit about the "socially acceptal rules of drops" to those poeple id like to ask a question

after your guilds been flamed and a freind of yours has been flamed and harrassed in game would you not be a little bit pissed of and wanting do defend your guild and mates no matter what the issue was?

if this thread had simply been a this happened who do you think should have recieved the bracer thread my attitude would have been diferent but instead its starts off like then turns into some ego trip for posters about gol thinking where leet gol being above the rest and generally stt sucks ass lets falme hereand her guild for all we are worth.

As for people thinking im greedy can i ask how many of you stayed up fixing excals doors for 18 hours solid with 36 hours of no sleep with work in 10 hours? sure other people could of done it but did anyone stay and do it - no i wasnt asked and no i wasnt looking for thanks i did it because i care about the realm - that shows a real greed doesnt it:rolleyes:

once again theres a big divide in this realm of those who give a shit and those that would rather look elite at the top of the rps tables and hunt for drops

thank fully i and the guild im in arnt like that we will always turn up to defend excal at first sign of trouble we will allways be part of groups retaking keeps we will be part of those willing to stay up late to do relic and keep raids even tho we have work next day. So pls before you flame us thionking we have a leet and greedy attitude check previous actions of the guild and think before you falme.
And yes i know there are alot of other guilds who act the same way and are always there to defend retake keeps and raid relics but im just pointing out gol is one of them not the we will sit in emain till the 3rd door is down on excal guilds, or one of the well ill come take keep x or defend excal after ive got this last bubble or item i need guilds (and we all know these guilds and people exist because its allways the same people u see retaking benowyc for the nth time that day)

to be honest we try do the best we can for the realm like alot of guilds give all the cash we have to relic doors sort raids out defend keeps etc etc but what do we get in return one members actions tainting the whole guild and people declaring it open season on Gol well id just like to say one thing it really makes me proud to be albion:puke:

P

Pillin

Fair trade

I got tired of reading after page 2, so forgive me if i say something that has been said before.

But the whole point about that the paladin wanted to trade and stt just traded with him is pretty silly imho. If she hadent accepted the trade but told him to give it to the scout then im guessing he would have done that, In real life this is called fencing if my english serves me right? buying and/or trading in stolen goods.

K

K0nah

Pram > Rattle
Teacup > Storm

handbags at dawn etc

H

hotrat

I would just like to point out that in the prince raid i stated before we left in the cg that i wanted drops for my minstrel not for my theurgist.

Why was i not playing my minstrel? because i logged in with my theurgist, joined a diamond hunt, got some diamonds, group was asked to join a prince raid; we did. Had i have changed char my group would have had 2 minstrels and no pbt ....

Oh and also i didnt get a slasher (i didnt get any drops in that raid), my minstrel is thrust, i wanted the slasher because it goes thrust next patch, but i didnt get it; a cleric did, and a theurgist got a shield and .... well lets not go off topic.

Just wanted to clear my name.

Hotrats - Virtuoso - rr4
Raistlin Majere - Master Theurgist - rr3
<Dragon Knights>

S

sorusi

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 ways to split loot....

Need before greed (the common)

Theone that gets the auto loot keeps it, since everyone helped to fight the mobs (well som leech :p)

i prefer the #1 splitting system.

now everyone - live with it

There are ppl that want to "collect" stuff, its sad but you cant stop them. If you used the time you waste on being upset, posting here to farm for another bracer you would get one :)

[btw: sweet that you provide me with some night-stories, solveing crime and stuff]

O

old.gangstaR

btw if this was my first char it wouldve made difference?

i think not :)

she still wouldve done the same.. she didnt knew i was alt so..

what about that?

O

old.Kerosene

Jesus H Christ.. this still going? Someone owes me 15 mins of my life.

O

old.Ebeneezer

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
to the rest of posters i dont think i ever said once that what stt did is right or wrong i just pointed out the hypocritical nature of this witch hunt (previous drops on high lvl hunts going to alts etc)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just WHAT exactly is hypocritical about the ORIGINAL nature of the post?

Gangstar had a legitimate gripe, and it looks like about 1-2% of the BW community are backing up yours and Stt's amoral stance.

OK some doods have maybe hijacked the thread a little to take a pop at your guild, but hey, there's many guilds that don't get that kind of shit on these boards. If your inflammatory attitude on the boards is repeated by your guild this is of no real shock.

Forget all this "are guild defends the realm 24/7" etc etc. I hate all this elitist holier/better than thou shite. What Stt did was shitty and there is no other way to view it with a clear conscience.

WTF is a poxy bracer gonna do for your realm eh? Far better to make someones day by letting original party members have the drop. All you and your peer have achieved is divide your realm. From a gaming point of view I'm laughing as a Mid, but on a human level I pity you...

Nothing you can say justifies Stt having the drop. He/she never kills in the frontiers as far as I can see (no death messages from him/her). So why give to someone who appears to be absent from RvR all the time?

As for going on about Aussie having 5 of those bracers himself...well it's got fuck all to do with you, Stt, Gangstar, me, George Bush, Doris Stokes, Kenny Everett you name it...this thread is not about Aussie...it's about your mate who you shamelessly defend. If Aussie chooses not to distribute his drops then create another thread or flame him. He may be a bit of an Alb board troll, but at least he stands up against shoddy behaviour.

You and your guild should be ASHAMED that Stt has allowed this all to happen.

B

belth

Afaik Aussie never had a BM bracer drop for him, he bought them all and has traded most of them away. Not sure, I don't keep track what items people trade, especially when they have bought them with their own money.

C

Crazygimp

if i remember well, i once had a confict with a dk member...
i also chose to involve the guild in it(bad choise when i see it now)
and u say u would of done lots of things about it?
when i explained my conflict to leaders i got just the same responce greg gave to u guys...

nother thing
gol doesn't think himself uber
gol ARE pll very tight together
gol DOES always protect his realm(when /who emains give 66 list truncated)

about the drop then
okie my toughts, if i would been tts/stt i would of handed the drop to gangstar...
but i still somewhere have a bit of understanding about it, its a bowmaster bracer, those are freakin rare...

what can guild do about stt/tts decision? squad, 0, what u want? us to kick a member that has been there from the start, suported, helped and surved the guild in any way?
just like greg stated, we can't force someone to give a drop away alltough it might be harmin for gol's rep.(doesn't seem we have quiet a good rep anyways)

just like to say this, now we've been shitted at blamed, called uber-minded and we still get our arses at a doorbashin every time its needed, only thing that desurve i think is respect

my two cents

I

Isedarken_

From what i read here i think the bracer should have gone to the scout in the group. It was a group hunt and the items should stay in the group.

well theres my 2 cents.

Cheers

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Herbal:
has any who has grouped with me on a drop hunt ever seen me take a drop for a freinds alt guild mate what ever when someone in the group has need or use of the drop simple answer no not once ever

just because ill happly defend a guild mate after she and the guild has recieved a through barbqueing on the hot plate of flamethreads doesnt mean that someone who ive never grouped with can come on barrys world and make assumptions of how i act in daoc

you sir need to learn to have evidence to back your flames up

Did I say you had? No.
That was a hypothetical situation, where you were in ganstaR's position and I was in Stt's. Or was this completely lost on you?

You're defending Stt doing bad stuff... therefore you'll get the same arguments thrown at you ..

Arguments, not flames. I don't flame people (well not often, you'd be able to tell I was pissed if I did).

Was the original poster too hostile? probably. Did he express himself in a polite and friendly manner? not really.

But he's posted that he tried to get some satisfaction in game and failed, he was probably quite pissed off - this kinda shows in his writing.

Now you're probably on the defensive since people that have turned it into a 'GoL sucks' thread.

Myself, I've never had any problems with GoL. They're very active in keeping the realm up and running. We've even had a member or two help us on a Dartmoor raid.

My problem here are with the actions Stt has been reported to have taken and your own defense of those actions.

Basically the thread goes like this (trimmed of flames, bitching etc.):

Bracer dropped in keltoi, gangstaR should have got it via the normal group drop rules (common courtesy says these apply to EVERY group.. not just drop hunts, which have special rules most of the time).
Little paladin didn't know how it worked so traded the dropped bracer to Tts for some armour. Tts himself didn't need it but his alt had.
Stt being level 50 should know damn well how the drops work (then again being a scout he might not have grouped much ;)) and shouldn't have taken advantage of the low level keltoi group.

It's been blown all out of proportion, people throwing in (unjustified) flames against GoL left right and centre...

Justifications like 'the paladin traded it not Stt' are bull, Stt should have known better.

Justifications like 'its only a low level drop', also bull. If you're not courteous at lvl 20 then you're not courteous at level 50.

Playing a low level alt is no excuse for being a prick. Act like you would with your normal char...

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
and if u read what i said..... if it wasnt stt our highest lvl sorc after her (stt gave up xping 3months ago when she dinged :D ) then our next highest lvl sorc is lvl 28 hence wtf a lvl 28 sorc at gobblins right ok thxbye
reread the post before you post crap about our guild

Then it must be 3 month ago .. hell i've played daoc for .. 10 month now.

F

-frostor-

Originally posted by Isedarken_
From what i read here i think the bracer should have gone to the scout in the group. It was a group hunt and the items should stay in the group.

well theres my 2 cents.

Cheers

its as simple as Ise says

I

Insurrextion

quote : "He NEVER refused."

ok he didnt, but he wanted a trade right? granted maybe stt shouldnt have traded it, but he did and we can't undo that ... yes some ppl are more greedy than others, as Aussie said "GREED GREED GREED" ... but this whole thing came about cause Gangstar wanted the bracer & that if it was any other drop from keltoi they probably wouldnt have bothered with it - is this not greed too?

quote : "But the whole point about that the paladin wanted to trade and stt just traded with him is pretty silly imho. If she hadent accepted the trade but told him to give it to the scout then im guessing he would have done that, In real life this is called fencing if my english serves me right? buying and/or trading in stolen goods."

true but does that make it entirely stt's fault? i dont see anyone blaming the paladin who wanted to trade away the bracer for plate armor...

quote : "Theone that gets the auto loot keeps it"

true again, and this might have been the view of the paladin who got the bm bracer from the autosplit .. but that doenst really matter does it? its all stt's fault he's a greedy bastard etc etc etc :rolleyes:

to Ebeneezer -
i agree with some of your points that u made (what stt did was shitty, letting original party members have the drop, how many bm bracers Aussie doesnt really have anything to do with this :p) but ...

quote : "some doods have maybe hijacked the thread a little to take a pop at your guild"

some of those comments were a bit more than a 'pop' at our guild ... and were those 'pops' called for? and sorry, but if someone flames my guild i'm not going to keep quiet

quote : "hate all this elitist holier/better than thou shite"

well so do i and we <GoL> dont wanna be called all this crap (1337, 'top' guild etc etc) ... we also dont wanna be flamed/popped at for nothing ok?

quote : "He/she never kills in the frontiers as far as I can see (no death messages from him/her). So why give to someone who appears to be absent from RvR all the time?"

so you share the same point of view as Aussie? that a player has to be in RvR to be entitled to a good drop? Stt was one of the first players on the server with two level 50 characters, so naturally he spends lesser time in RvR than others (btw he still has ~250k rps for both chars combined and that's still quite respectable :p)

i've also heard stt's side of the story and what he was msged by some members of DK after this happened, and some of the comments posted in this thread, well just makes me :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom