Whine thread

Saje

Loyal Freddie
Wth is up with alb zerg in agramon :< i can see the point in zerging @ keep takes etc, but 4-5 fg zergs in agramon utterly suck, keep it up and there wont be any opponents left to zerg GW..

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Put screen shot of alb and mid dockmasters with locations and guide for how to use.

Might make things better.

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
mmm all that zerg defensor:m00: allways say the game was made to play biger battles and keep takes on big scale. Well is time to say that roleplayers move his arse away agramon, and leave it for what it was made ;p
U can bring all add FGs roleplay with u also, and GL with keeps:cheers:

Corran

Part of the furniture
connection went down earlier but...

when we were running our group this evening..

fight a group of mids... 1-2fg add.

fight a group of hibs - 1fg hibs add

etc etc... so from my view the enemy was zerging not albs (who seemed to be mainly at bridge > AMG so if you run in that area you deserve it. The moment you pass the MG's heading to bridge (no matter which one) you will not get a clean fight and probably be zerged. That why 95% time my group wont go through an enemy MG unless it gone dead on island

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
people still rvr in agramon?

stupid noobs :x

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ckiller said:
lol is that commin from a hib?

All realms zerg get over it

difference is that mid/hib groups gets "adds" they run 1 fg and when they start fighting another group or more might add. The Iron Wind runs 3 organized FG on stick. GoL Reloaded? xD

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
i went to duel a scout who start shooting me he got down to 10% hp and ran away not mention name, he ran like a chicken over to the bridge i followed and some stupid merc + heratic added stl0ng solo guy zerg him ^^

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
evryone adds on evryone. whats the big fuss?? its RvR. not FGvFG. i know ppl like to have a fair fight but thats how the game was made.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yay another pointless add-thread.

Imagine 4 seperate fg of Albs are at Beno. They all make their way, via Agramon passage (bottleneck) towards Agramon. At some point or other, these full groups will meet some hibs or mids. Most of the time, they will all pile in. Then people come to FH and whine, "la la Albs zerg", when in fact most of the time, it's just a coincidence, often happening at the Albion Bridgehead.

If you don't want "adds", stay away from all bridges and passages.

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Saje said:
Wth is up with alb zerg in agramon :< i can see the point in zerging @ keep takes etc, but 4-5 fg zergs in agramon utterly suck, keep it up and there wont be any opponents left to zerg GW..

wont be any opponents left to zerg................................ new 1 that

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
evryone adds on evryone. whats the big fuss?? its RvR. not FGvFG. i know ppl like to have a fair fight but thats how the game was made.

Exactly :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
The main solution to this is DONT PASS THE FUCKING MILEGATES!

Most the zerg whines from the enemy happen when they run AMG > BENO BRIDGE. It a bottle neck, if you go there you are NOT looking for a FG fight, you are looking for people you can farm.

Casuals set group as standard will stay in the central island and not pass the mg, we dont get hit by zerg, just get added on all the time instead :( We dont add on fights, however if there is a group between amg and beno we may add because they just shouldnt go to that area.

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
difference is that mid/hib groups gets "adds" they run 1 fg and when they start fighting another group or more might add. The Iron Wind runs 3 organized FG on stick. GoL Reloaded? xD

Cool we're "organised"

/pats 27 buddies on the back

Note to self: have groups 2,3 & 4 on /follow - not /stick

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:

I believe TIW run 2fg, not 3. I doubt they have 24 players online that often. If that's how they want to play, that's how they'll play - they have a great time and make a load of RPs doing it. You don't like that? Tough shit tbh!

TIW don't have 8 people who have no jobs and no evening social life. It's all very well for a group of kids/young people who can play every night together in a set group, in the easier 'mode' realms to whine that everyone should run in full groups only. However, if TIW did this with varying setups/players each night, they are more likely to get creamed, and therefore bored. This is no offence to TIW at all, it's similar for most Alb guilds.

Set groups are usually mid or hib...why? Because it's easier. More utility in the group, bigger e-peens.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Set groups are usually mid or hib...why? Because it's easier. More utility in the group, bigger e-peens.

Amazing that you can play alb so long and still be so clueless about setting up an rvr group.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Amazing that you can play alb so long and still be so clueless about setting up an rvr group.

I'm far from clueless at "setting up an RVR group".

It's simply not possible to fit the same utility into an Alb group as it is a Mid or Hib one, fact!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
TIW don't have 8 people who have no jobs and no evening social life. It's all very well for a group of kids/young people who can play every night together in a set group, in the easier 'mode' realms to whine that everyone should run in full groups only. However, if TIW did this with varying setups/players each night, they are more likely to get creamed, and therefore bored. This is no offence to TIW at all, it's similar for most Alb guilds.

i think i largely agree there.

I run a (not so strict) guild group with TMM varying in size from 3 people to 2+fg, half of the people i group would never ever get a spot in a fixed group (lol how many set groups run with 2 scouts and an inf ???). The important thing to me is that as far as we have played clerics enough, i want to offer every person in the guild who wants to rvr a spot. Often that means that at some point in the evening we have a group with 8 persons and a 9th guidly wants to join. If we have 2 clerics (not bots) at that time, we will split the group in two to accomondate everyone. And, yes, there are situations where splitting a group to take more guildies allong doesn`t work (no speed / healing for BOTH groups, etc...) and we don`t do it, but that always makes me feel bad as a person and GM to see i can not care for everyone in the guild.:mad:

Does this go at the cost of efficiency ? most certainly. would i have been rr11+ by now if i were in a `leet` guild and not in a `friendly` guild ? most certainly.

Sometimes it even means that i put my wiz on stick and mostly play my cleric.

It`s nice to be important, but it`s more important to be nice, imho.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Muy, you are an absolute star.

Brilliant post.

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

Says /easymode. Get a clue here like your
pre-pube m8s

remi

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I'm far from clueless at "setting up an RVR group".

It's simply not possible to fit the same utility into an Alb group as it is a Mid or Hib one, fact!

AD/PE does it very well, dunno wtf others are doing, cba to fix? theurg/cabby/sorc, jesus, that's fukloads of util right there.

Ging

Part of the furniture
remi said:
AD/PE does it very well, dunno wtf others are doing, cba to fix? theurg/cabby/sorc, jesus, that's fukloads of util right there.

Lol,

been here before :0

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Theurg/Cabby/Sorc...then 2 clerics, a BG, and 2 mercs. Probably the best setup Alb can do, I agree. Sadly:

*If the BG is a paladin/reaver/arms you get no elemental resists.
*If it’s a reaver/arms/friar you get no endurance (not forgetting pally end chant is only 1000 range anyway) and a low-HP, leather wearing defender.
*If you choose friar you get no anger of the gods.
*You only get TWF if your BGer is a reaver, but then you lack both end chant and resists as highlighted above.
*You only get stun-field if your BGer is a friar, but then you lack end chant as highlighted above.
*We get haste but no buffed celerity or endurance.
*You don’t have speed5 either (which every hib group gets).
*If you want PBT you can’t use the mez reduction either that sorcs get (as you need 1 to do speed).
*We only have 1 person who can spec BAOD.
*Of course you can sheer, but sadly the sheerer is also the main healer.
*Maximum of 2 x bof per group, usually 1 or less
*Maximum of 2 x DI per group
*There’s no FZ or phase shift for the main healers either unfortunately.
*We don’t unfortunately have any casted stun apart from on the main healers, and of course all mez has a cast time, so line of sight/hills cause problems there.
*Two banelords in the group instead of three means of course less banespikes and interrupts.
*Sadly the cabalist doesn’t get a RR5 shape change.
*The group has nearsight (in a poor specline), so it’s usually blue con at the most, unlike the eldritch red-con.
*If the cabalist does spec in nearsight, damage decreases due to less spec in Spirit.
*Clerics get tank-stat versions of Scalars, so usually no shape change for them, unlike druids and healers.

I wouldn't play any other realm, Alb is the most fun imo, being the biggest challenge :)

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Theurg/Cabby/Sorc...then 2 clerics, a BG, and 2 mercs. Probably the best setup Alb can do, I agree. Sadly:

*If the BG is a paladin/reaver/arms you get no elemental resists.
*If it’s a reaver/arms/friar you get no endurance (not forgetting pally end chant is only 1000 range anyway) and a low-HP, leather wearing defender.
*If you choose friar you get no anger of the gods.
*You only get TWF if your BGer is a reaver, but then you lack both end chant and resists as highlighted above.
*You only get stun-field if your BGer is a friar, but then you lack end chant as highlighted above.
*We get haste but no buffed celerity or endurance.
*You don’t have speed5 either (which every hib group gets).
*If you want PBT you can’t use the mez reduction either that sorcs get (as you need 1 to do speed).
*We only have 1 person who can spec BAOD.
*Of course you can sheer, but sadly the sheerer is also the main healer.
*Maximum of 2 x bof per group, usually 1 or less
*Maximum of 2 x DI per group
*There’s no FZ or phase shift for the main healers either unfortunately.
*We don’t unfortunately have any casted stun apart from on the main healers, and of course all mez has a cast time, so line of sight/hills cause problems there.
*Two banelords in the group instead of three means of course less banespikes and interrupts.
*Sadly the cabalist doesn’t get a RR5 shape change.
*The group has nearsight (in a poor specline), so it’s usually blue con at the most, unlike the eldritch red-con.
*Clerics get tank-stat versions of Scalars, so usually no shape change for them, unlike druids and healers.

I wouldn't play any other realm, Alb is the most fun imo, being the biggest challenge :)

Perfectly put Rod

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
We have advantages too ofc:

*Sorc mez is bolt-range, which is nice if you get a head-on engage
*Sorc RR5 is nice
*Sorc pets are nice when ML9ed
*Cabalist and Sorc lifetap is level 50
*We get petspam, which can be very powerful, although they are easily killed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom