Whine thread

Marc

FH is my second home
Ballard said:
Amazing that you can play alb so long and still be so clueless about setting up an rvr group.

are you fucking stupid or what k?

Read the whole paragraph properly before opening your fat mouth k?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Theurg/Cabby/Sorc...then 2 clerics, a BG, and 2 mercs. Probably the best setup Alb can do, I agree. Sadly:

*If the BG is a paladin/reaver/arms you get no elemental resists.
*If it’s a reaver/arms/friar you get no endurance (not forgetting pally end chant is only 1000 range anyway) and a low-HP, leather wearing defender.
*If you choose friar you get no anger of the gods.
*You only get TWF if your BGer is a reaver, but then you lack both end chant and resists as highlighted above.
*You only get stun-field if your BGer is a friar, but then you lack end chant as highlighted above.
*We get haste but no buffed celerity or endurance.
*You don’t have speed5 either (which every hib group gets).
*If you want PBT you can’t use the mez reduction either that sorcs get (as you need 1 to do speed).
*We only have 1 person who can spec BAOD.
*Of course you can sheer, but sadly the sheerer is also the main healer.
*Maximum of 2 x bof per group, usually 1 or less
*Maximum of 2 x DI per group
*There’s no FZ or phase shift for the main healers either unfortunately.
*We don’t unfortunately have any casted stun apart from on the main healers, and of course all mez has a cast time, so line of sight/hills cause problems there.
*Two banelords in the group instead of three means of course less banespikes and interrupts.
*Sadly the cabalist doesn’t get a RR5 shape change.
*The group has nearsight (in a poor specline), so it’s usually blue con at the most, unlike the eldritch red-con.
*If the cabalist does spec in nearsight, damage decreases due to less spec in Spirit.
*Clerics get tank-stat versions of Scalars, so usually no shape change for them, unlike druids and healers.

I wouldn't play any other realm, Alb is the most fun imo, being the biggest challenge :)

agree on endpart, but cba to write down the counter on others! :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Eggy's posts in this thread should be stickied for future reference. He's spelled out what every multi-cell brained person knows but cba to type :cheers:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
eggy said:
I believe TIW run 2fg, not 3. I doubt they have 24 players online that often. If that's how they want to play, that's how they'll play - they have a great time and make a load of RPs doing it. You don't like that? Tough shit tbh!

TIW don't have 8 people who have no jobs and no evening social life. It's all very well for a group of kids/young people who can play every night together in a set group, in the easier 'mode' realms to whine that everyone should run in full groups only. However, if TIW did this with varying setups/players each night, they are more likely to get creamed, and therefore bored. This is no offence to TIW at all, it's similar for most Alb guilds.

Set groups are usually mid or hib...why? Because it's easier. More utility in the group, bigger e-peens.
strong generalisation
i think you'll find there are quite a few people in set groups with jobs, evening social lifes, and arent kids young people

<waits for the all zergers are skilless lazy noobs who simply cba to compete/put any effort into the game whatsoever so ruin the fun for the people who do post>

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
strong generalisation
i think you'll find there are quite a few people in set groups with jobs, evening social lifes, and arent kids young people

<waits for the all zergers are skilless lazy noobs who simply cba to compete/put any effort into the game whatsoever so ruin the fun for the people who do>

Sorry, you are right – I wasn’t trying to stereotype or generalise. I was just trying to indicate that a group of players in a ‘set’ group, playing together many nights a week plus all of the advantages hib and mid bring is a deadly combination!

I’m also not saying hib/mid is easymode, therefore the players are not skilled. They are indeed very skilled – that’s the problem!! Highly skilled players + those realms = EEK!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
eggy said:
Sorry, you are right – I wasn’t trying to stereotype or generalise. I was just trying to indicate that a group of players in a ‘set’ group, playing together many nights a week plus all of the advantages hib and mid bring is a deadly combination!

I’m also not saying hib/mid is easymode, therefore the players are not skilled. They are indeed very skilled – that’s the problem!! Highly skilled players + those realms = EEK!
wasnt intending to come out as a flame just read over it :p sos
i'd toa my cleric as i have some ideas for alb setups, but alas havent the time atm :(
ps. hehe your trolling at work too arent you :p

Calo

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
Eggy's posts in this thread should be stickied for future reference. He's spelled out what every multi-cell brained person knows but cba to type :cheers:

not really,

lets take the anger of gods part, i think eggy doesn't even know what class it has on midgard because you can't be THAT wrong?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
not really,

lets take the anger of gods part, i think eggy doesn't even know what class it has on midgard because you can't be THAT wrong?

Skald on Mid. Sometimes used in groups. However, Hib wins with...

Warden :p Also the PBT, BG and Resist class :D Oh and TWF.

Calo

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
Skald on Mid. Sometimes used in groups. However, Hib wins with...

Warden :p Also the PBT, BG and Resist class :D Oh and TWF.

yea ok , hibs win with it, tho on mid most top guilds don't run with skalds and i know alot of skalds who don't even have anger of the gods(like me).

but oke, seems u do know :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
yea ok , hibs win with it, tho on mid most top guilds don't run with skalds

True, but they could do, gaining more interrupts, another SS5, FZ, SOS, AotG (if specced) and still have all the necessary utility :)

If we chuck a minstrel in, we have to lose something...and everything's vital.

Calo

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
True, but they could do, gaining more interrupts, another SS5, FZ, SOS, AotG (if specced) and still have all the necessary utility :)

If we chuck a minstrel in, we have to lose something...and everything's vital.

I think mincer has alot more utility as a skald in group(tho you can't compare them because albs do have the lowest utility in a group).

(whats ss5 btw?)
think the biggest reason why skalds have not much groups is because the no det part, while zerkers have det, charge, equally or more damage, interupts with banelord line, and runie speed + sprint is fine.
:mad:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Theurg/Cabby/Sorc...then 2 clerics, a BG, and 2 mercs. Probably the best setup Alb can do, I agree. Sadly:

*If the BG is a paladin/reaver/arms you get no elemental resists.
-Run both Friar and Paladin, drop theurgist if you want resists, no other realms have the luxury of running with a petspammer in grp, so its a class you can drop without "losing" anything compared to other realms grps, if you however think theurgist > resists or end, then dont whine about not getting resists or end.

*If it’s a reaver/arms/friar you get no endurance (not forgetting pally end chant is only 1000 range anyway) and a low-HP, leather wearing defender.
-See previous answer.

*If you choose friar you get no anger of the gods.
-Rarely have AOTG in midgrps.

*You only get TWF if your BGer is a reaver, but then you lack both end chant and resists as highlighted above.
-You gain very good interrupts aswell (2 ranged instas, pbae pulse, banelord) but good point.

*You only get stun-field if your BGer is a friar, but then you lack end chant as highlighted above.
-Thanes arent exactly fotm either, and you can chose to drop petspammer and insert friar.

*We get haste but no buffed celerity or endurance.
-Good point, but celerity is a shortrange spell that you have to be close to aughealer to get, and tanks aint close to him very often. Usually should have it up on inc though.

*You don’t have speed5 either (which every hib group gets).
-Midgrps dont run with speed 5 (or 6) either most of the time.

*If you want PBT you can’t use the mez reduction either that sorcs get (as you need 1 to do speed).
-Mids dont get PBT either in common specs.

*We only have 1 person who can spec BAOD.
-Few people spec baod, as casters need many other ra´s and it doesnt stack with bof.

*Of course you can sheer, but sadly the sheerer is also the main healer.
-Same for hib, but at least you get better range, and 2 shears instead of 1 in mid. The baseline stun is also nice for making sure you get all important buffs before the target go out of range (depending on the target ofc).

*Maximum of 2 x bof per group, usually 1 or less
- All realms run with 2 mainhealers.

*Maximum of 2 x DI per group
-Same as above, but you have 1 more class that gets it.

*There’s no FZ or phase shift for the main healers either unfortunately.
-Good point.

*We don’t unfortunately have any casted stun apart from on the main healers, and of course all mez has a cast time, so line of sight/hills cause problems there.
-You have advantage in range and castspeed again (through higher dex race+class).

*Two banelords in the group instead of three means of course less banespikes and interrupts.
-Most groups run with 2 banelords.

*Sadly the cabalist doesn’t get a RR5 shape change.
-And spiritmasters, eldritches, runemasters, enchanters does?

*The group has nearsight (in a poor specline), so it’s usually blue con at the most, unlike the eldritch red-con.
-Runemaster dont spec full suppression either.

*If the cabalist does spec in nearsight, damage decreases due to less spec in Spirit.
Damage decrease for rm aswell if he spec supp.

*Clerics get tank-stat versions of Scalars, so usually no shape change for them, unlike druids and healers.
-Fairly sure healers get tankstats aswell, and dont think I ever seen a druid in wolfmode so I would assume they do too.

I wouldn't play any other realm, Alb is the most fun imo, being the biggest challenge :)
-Probably the biggest challenge, but it is not even close to as uneven as you want to make it seem.

(Couldnt be arsed with making shit bold etc.)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Too late to edit, but just wanted to add that unless camelotherald is wrong, both cabalists and theurgists has access to baod.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Saje said:
Wth is up with alb zerg in agramon :< i can see the point in zerging @ keep takes etc, but 4-5 fg zergs in agramon utterly suck, keep it up and there wont be any opponents left to zerg GW..
OMG! A hib said this? :eek6:

noaim said:
Too late to edit, but just wanted to add that unless camelotherald is wrong, both cabalists and theurgists has access to baod.
... and heretic! :twak:

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Saje said:
Wth is up with alb zerg in agramon :< i can see the point in zerging @ keep takes etc, but 4-5 fg zergs in agramon utterly suck, keep it up and there wont be any opponents left to zerg GW..
How ironic.. Today the zerg of agra left to fight in HW.. What happens? The 1337 grps follows to hunt ungrp´d people.
such Hypocritism .

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Comparing classes and grp setups between realms is, still, not a good argument to anything. Let me prove my point. Ill try and make a hib grp and put in the utility this alb grp have. 2xCleric, 2xmerc, Paladin, Theurgh, Sorc and Cabalist.

Ill need 2 Druids, 2 Blademasters, Hero(since its prolly nearly as hard a bger to kill as Paladin), animist as petspammer(tho its a sucky one compared to theurgh) bard for mezz and speed, chanter as selfdebuff nuking caster with pet. doh, no room for warden oioi :( - If only there was hib classes with spec AF and mezz decrease buff so i could prove my point better ;x

Anyways, how would that hib grp perform?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Mastade said:
Comparing classes and grp setups between realms is, still, not a good argument to anything. Let me prove my point. Ill try and make a hib grp and put in the utility this alb grp have. 2xCleric, 2xmerc, Paladin, Theurgh, Sorc and Cabalist.

Ill need 2 Druids, 2 Blademasters, Hero(since its prolly nearly as hard a bger to kill as Paladin), animist as petspammer(tho its a sucky one compared to theurgh) bard for mezz and speed, chanter as selfdebuff nuking caster with pet. doh, no room for warden oioi :( - If only there was hib classes with spec AF and mezz decrease buff so i could prove my point better ;x

Anyways, how would that hib grp perform?
No friar, nor good speed tho in that alb setup.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
No friar, nor good speed tho in that alb setup.

And no warden resist in hib grp or dirtytricks or mezz decrease buff or spec af or stunning pets or damage add or af chant or heal chant or or or or?

Get my point?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
No Mastade.

The point is, the group setup I mentioned fulfils as much as possible "requirements" of utility.

Try and make an Alb group that covers everything a Mid or Hib group covers - you can't. And the extras we get aren't comparible to the losses we face by having so many more classes :(

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
No Mastade.

The point is, the group setup I mentioned fulfils as much as possible "requirements" of utility.

Try and make an Alb group that covers everything a Mid or Hib group covers - you can't. And the extras we get aren't comparible to the losses we face by having so many more classes :(

No it doesnt, you have a theurg there, not any needed utility on that class, you can swap it for a friar and get the resists if you want all resistbuffs, since no other realm will be fitting a petspammer into their grps. If you however chose to run with theurgist instead, its your choice, and has nothing to do with what you can and can not fit into an albgroup.

Sorc, Cabby/Sorc, Merc, Merc/Reaver, Cleric, Cleric, Friar, Paladin gives you the same utility as you find in most hib and midgrps. Then you can swap around a bit if you want, but there you have the necessary utility on 8 classes.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Aeoric said:
Says /easymode. Get a clue here like your
pre-pube m8s

excuse me? unlike many i have never ebayed any character.

And If you think alb cant make a decent group how is it that a guild like PE can defeat virtually any hib or mid group?

And funnily enough only five months ago, our guild created an alb group that was proabbly the best group on the server we rolled and had no problems killing hib/mid grps.

Eggy you make some valid points but you fundamentally ignore the fact that while abilities (read: utility) is nice but it is sustained DPS that wins fights and any good alb setup can put out as much damage as any hib/mid setup. It comes down to the skill of the players not the realm.

Eggy said:

The key thing about that setup is you have 5 damage classes. Any hib setup will only have 4.... (assuming bard , 2 druids and warden )

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
The key thing about that setup is you have 5 damage classes. Any hib setup will only have 4.... (assuming bard , 2 druids and warden )

Theurg is mainly interrupts, crap 2.8 nuke isn't worth shit, much better interrupting for the fight. Sorc only does decent damage when the cabalist is in play.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Theurg is mainly interrupts, crap 2.8 nuke isn't worth shit, much better interrupting for the fight. Sorc only does decent damage when the cabalist is in play.

The theurg spec nuke is 209 dmg 2.8sec delve nuke excatly the same as what a light eld uses , I suggest you watch one of dallas's theurg POV videos and see how much dmg he is doing using the spec nuke.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
BTW: no druids dont get the caster version of scalars, they get the tank version same as healers and clerics.

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

OI !

Ballard said:
The theurg spec nuke is 209 dmg 2.8sec delve nuke excatly the same as what a light eld uses , I suggest you watch one of dallas's theurg POV videos and see how much dmg he is doing using the spec nuke.

I would quite happily give up all my pets for red nearsight ! and erm stun, dont get me started !

Mids/Hibs... atleast give us credit, we are trying to match you in rvr in FG's which is very hard as Albion, as we dont want to run sorc/cab groups, we are trying to run whatever synergy members wants to play... doesnt bother us !

on a more positive note, tonights runs, we fought some good fights, and lost some good fights.... we are no way near optimal yet we still beat some optimal groups.... ohwell its late and the hib vs mid vs alb conflict is boring, cant we all just get along, as the constant beatings, means no albion groups will ever venture into the FG v FG action !

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
lest see the 4 basic spot for group for each realm
alb group:
2 cleric 1 friar 1 sorc = all ressist, BG, more range with mezz, speed, 1 ML9 pet with yelow con, ST, 2 class with spec 1 extra base buffer, 4 classes who can do dmg
hib group:
2 druid, 1 warden 1 bard = all ressist, BG, red pbt, best speed, 2 pets, twf, end reg, 2 class with spec 2 with base buffs, 4 class who do dmg (bard dd, bard have style, 2 class with ML9 pet + dot, warden chain BM style)
mid group:
3 healer 1 shamy, all ressist, where is BG?, yelow speed?, no pets? end reg,
1 class for spec (who lost 8 buffs to givf end all group + d/q, s/c base dex, base con = 12 buffs, where is conc for dead ppl?) 3 base buffers, 1 dmg class

less whine imo

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
The Iron Wind runs 3 organized FG on stick. GoL Reloaded? xD

We do? you either can't count or your just plain stupid, most we run is 2fg, and why shouldn't we? next time I see you your gonna get some smite0r :M

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Akyma said:

Only you would enter a debate on who has the easier time of it in fg rvr by using 4 spots as your argument. Heck, why not use 2 or 5 spots? The debate is about full groups for a reason...

I'd say alb and hib groups are about even (given same rr etc.). Mid groups are the easy mode, especially at high rr.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Akyma said:
alb group:
2 cleric 1 friar 1 sorc = 4 classes who can do dmg

You are joking right? I give you 2 dmg dealers of that one. When both your clerics start smiting (either base or spec - which is all still no good dmg) your group dies and where does that leave you? If you run with 2 clerics most of the time 1 is going to be a shearer + back up healer to the first cleric who is rejuv spec = 2 clerics don't deal any damage at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom