Which book would you like to see as a film?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Mikah75 said:
Raymond E Fiests Magician series :) brilliant read, screw LOTR!

was ok but wasnt happy with the way it ended. Could easily do a 4th book

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Ashala said:
the voice that plays death in "family guy" is pretty nice tho and could probably be used.

which one? there has been 3 different voices for death over the 4 series. I personally think the first one is best

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
was ok but wasnt happy with the way it ended. Could easily do a 4th book
:eek:?
Magician, Silverthorn, Darkness at Sethanon,- and then Prince of the Blood and The Kings Buccaneer fit nicely on, might as well include them in the series tbh

Honoured enemy also fucking brilliant

and Serpent war saga is ace also

Ging

Part of the furniture
Celestino said:
Well there is the Riftwar Legacy beeing some kind of the book version of the old rpg games around Krondor. Those books all start with "Krondor:" Its set between the original Riftwars Saga and the Krondorian Sons Books
And there is the "Legends of the Riftwar" mostly by other Authors ...

The real Riftwar Saga is those 3 books u mentioned but in non english languages some of Feists books were split. Magician became Magician:Apprentice and Magician:Master etc
I personally enjoyed Krondor's Sons as well as the Serpentwar Saga especially with all the old characters now aged and more or less on the sideline while the new main characters become involved in the plot. And Nakor really kicks ass :)

There were some talks about making the Riftwars saga a movie but last time I heard about that was around 2000 ...
Still I would love to see it knowing how hard it would be to make a movie come near the books

yes and no tbh Magician would require 2 films on its own jsut to get the richness and depth you get from the books. My personal preference would be the "other side" of the rift with the Empire trilogy. Although not as "large" as the Rift War books i think that the mixture of political intriegue, warcraft, battles all based in an "oriental" environment would be superb. I also believe this would reach a greater audience as it explores some more adult themes as well as battles and magic. Givfs us a nice change from "questing" :)

Sparhawk (2 x trilogies) although an excellent and amusing read would not translate well into film. There is again too much going backwards and forwards and this would i believe piss off the audience, same with Eddings other main creations in the belgariad and mallorian.

PS. Arakasi > Nakor :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Pandora's Star - Peter F Hamilton

Great book, but it'd make a better 13 episode mini-series rather than a film.

Darzil

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Well Feist has written quite a few books about and after the Riftware story line.

But only the first three (above) are the REAL riftware books.

I thought the ones afterwards weren't very good
Oki, I figured it was something like that after i checked his homepage...However i love all of them. :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
My vote would be for the Otherland series, by Tad Williams.

If only to show you what MMORPGS might be like in the future, and that you can die there for real. It's like a dark techno future, but painted in a way that makes sense and is believable. A world like that can happen, and it wouldn't take much to get there from where we are now. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Would love to see some of Feists work on the big screen, the problem you have is the characters are still playing apart in his latest books. You would have to call time on it after the Trilogy.

I would also love to see Legend from Gemmell. True Conan style Druss fucking rocks!!!!!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Calaen said:
Would love to see some of Feists work on the big screen, the problem you have is the characters are still playing apart in his latest books. You would have to call time on it after the Trilogy.
QUOTE]
erm?
if you read them in order, not really, lots die of old age, or just die, and theres new characters coming into play

Outlander

Part of the furniture
a short story I wrote, so I could get money for it :D

I was going to say Steppenwolf, but remembered that was made into a film in the 70s doh!

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Lethul said:
errrrrr. nm me, im tired ;)
:fluffle:

wasnt there a series of that? at least anyway I think tbh I cant remember Im scottish and its only by chance that Ive even heard of that lol :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Outlander said:
:fluffle:

wasnt there a series of that? at least anyway I think tbh I cant remember Im scottish and its only by chance that Ive even heard of that lol :p

its a swedish movie, so i dont know why i suggested it in this thread :(
its funny tho :)

cog

Can't get enough of FH
On the subject of Peter F Hamilton I think the Night's Dawn series would make better films the the Pandora's Star/Judas Unchained storyline, but in both theres simply too much story to condense into films :p

I really would love to see a Discworld film, especially one based on the Watch, but as someone said before I think a lot of the humour would be lost in the dramatisation. Still, fingers crossed! :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
im starting to get a feeling i dont read enough books :eek7:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Mikah75 said:
Calaen said:
QUOTE]
erm?
if you read them in order, not really, lots die of old age, or just die, and theres new characters coming into play

Ive read them all in order and am waiting for his next release in September. As of the last Book Pug was running the conclave of shadows and Nakor along with others were still fighting the cause. Yes characters like Jimmy have been and gone but there is always some relative floating around to keep them in their memories :) Tomas, Calain and co and the dwarves of course will be around forever!!!!!!.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Anne Rice's The vampire Lestat would be a great book.

It's a great story.

Though we already have Queen of the Damned though that only tells 10% of the story.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
There are like 3-4 books written about Jason Bourne. I'd love to see the last 2 made into movies as well. Just ashame they killed his wife in the second movie, and she does infact live in the third book xD But I'm sure they could make it work somehow.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Please oh dear god let Hollywood stay the fuck away from my books :flame:

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Just came up with some other books that I would like to see as a movie: Good Omen (Terry Pratchet) and Grunts (Mary Gentle)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Rhana said:
Just came up with some other books that I would like to see as a movie: Good Omen (Terry Pratchet) and Grunts (Mary Gentle)

Grunts would be a freaking awsome film if done correctly!

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see victoria Beckam memoires specially after england lost with portugal twice

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Dantares said:
I'd like to see a "The War Of The Worlds" done that is set properly in the right place and the right time setting.

The Discworld series would be interesting, but I can't really think of anyone that could really do justice to the characters.

i agree was very very disappointed with the film version, but then i have lovers the musical version from a very young age.
No offence to morgan freeman but when i heard his narration i just whinced.
As a side note some people recently did a tour of the musical version unfortunately i found out about it after it was finished.
but if you look on the site you can see a trailer and they say they should release it on dvd in november.
http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com

As for discworld i could see it being like hitchhikers guide to the galaxy as a lot of the humour is reliant on your interpritation and you have to rely on the director not to mess it up.

But with pratchett in mind what happened to Good Omens? i thought they were going to make a film from it but heard nothing lately.

Oh and if they could do the Riftwar books that would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom