Which book would you like to see as a film?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Legend - David Gemmell
The Swords of Night and Day - David Gemmell

The Warlord Chronicles - Bernard Cornwell
The Grail Trilogy - Bernard Cornwell
The Saxon Stories - Bernard Cornwell

Eon - Greg Bear

Pandora's Star - Peter F Hamilton

But if I had to choose between them then it would have to be Legend by David Gemmell, the main character Druss is one of the finest characters ever devised.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
cHodAX said:
The Swords of Night and Day - David Gemmell
agree :)

or some of the other books in the series, jet li as teneka khan, not sure about skilgannon though, maybe vin diesel, except he is a pretty shit actor. no idea about Druss though

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Raven said:
agree :)

or some of the other books in the series, jet li as teneka khan, not sure about skilgannon though, maybe vin diesel, except he is a pretty shit actor. no idea about Druss though

Scott Adkins as Skilgannon could work, the guy is in amazing shape and his agility is phenomenal. Might need to work on the acting a bit though beforehand.

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Belgariad and Mallorean but I won't give actors as there are too many that I think would be good (none of which would probably live up to expectations if it was made!)

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
The Crimson Chalice.
A book I found at work by mistake and really enjoyed about a couple that was young and had to move on in there life in the dark ages and make the most of the little resources they had with a hidden twist.

Man Char Bradoc=Mel Gibson
Female Char Tia=Keria Knightley

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Hmm, Mankind, a tale of blood and sweatsocks would make a good movie :p

That or any of the Gaunt's ghosts book

Or Eisenhorn trilogy :cool:

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
That´s the David Eddings series, right?

Yep, I would like to see almost every book fo his as a film even though I think the books would still be better..

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Eregion said:
Riftwar saga isn't a trilogy though, or did you mean you wanted him to only make film of those 3 books? :p
Or maybe they do count as a trilogy, but atleast I have 6 books in that series, getting confused now. :D

Well Feist has written quite a few books about and after the Riftware story line.

But only the first three (above) are the REAL riftware books.

I thought the ones afterwards weren't very good

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Although i'd love to see The Wheel of Time made into a series of movies myself , my fave suspense/spy novel would work VERY well as a movie, especially with all the current terrorism crap going on. H.M.S. Unseen by Patrick Robinson, it's an uber read with sooo many good scenes it would just seem so right if they made it, but only a reputeable director would do, not someone like :twak: Uwe Boll or something , maybe Joel Silver would do it justice...

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
The entire 13 Vampire Dark ages clanbooks (In order: Nosferatu, Assamite, Cappadocian, Setite, Lasombra, Ravnos, Malkavian, Brujah, Toreador, Gangrel, Tremere, Ventrue and Tzimisce)

Ohh, who to play what... There is sutch a wide span of interesting figures with diferent personalites and races.. I think it would bring about every charismatic moviestar that dosent have a wide american accent to fill it up.. Need everything from realy creepy figures, to reagal, to chivallery once, to big brutes.. ect ect.. Ohh I would love to see this :D

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to see a "The War Of The Worlds" done that is set properly in the right place and the right time setting.

The Discworld series would be interesting, but I can't really think of anyone that could really do justice to the characters.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Dantares said:
I'd like to see a "The War Of The Worlds" done that is set properly in the right place and the right time setting.

The Discworld series would be interesting, but I can't really think of anyone that could really do justice to the characters.

Your right about that :(

I mean, who could do Death ?:(

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:

Death would have to be a CGI version of course, it's the only way that you could do it. The voice however of Death would without doubt be the easiest one to do. Christopher Lee from the animated verisons of Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters is just perfection for Death.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Dantares said:
ye and no fcking screaming every 2 seconds form some lil shit which personally if i was in it woulda actually given to ze aliens.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Well Feist has written quite a few books about and after the Riftware story line.

But only the first three (above) are the REAL riftware books.

I thought the ones afterwards weren't very good

Well there is the Riftwar Legacy beeing some kind of the book version of the old rpg games around Krondor. Those books all start with "Krondor:" Its set between the original Riftwars Saga and the Krondorian Sons Books
And there is the "Legends of the Riftwar" mostly by other Authors ...

The real Riftwar Saga is those 3 books u mentioned but in non english languages some of Feists books were split. Magician became Magician:Apprentice and Magician:Master etc
I personally enjoyed Krondor's Sons as well as the Serpentwar Saga especially with all the old characters now aged and more or less on the sideline while the new main characters become involved in the plot. And Nakor really kicks ass :)

There were some talks about making the Riftwars saga a movie but last time I heard about that was around 2000 ...
Still I would love to see it knowing how hard it would be to make a movie come near the books

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
My opinions:

First of all I agree, that Anne McCaffreys Dragonriders series would make a nice film, however im not so sure it would do well, as the books were targetted at a certain age group that has changed dramatically in tastes since those books were popular and im not so sure how well it would appeal now, its a little 'tame' fighting a non sentient organic threat.

Battle Royal I would love to see done with a big budget hollywood style remaking, but again based of the books.

The Discworld series...I love it, but lets be honest, they would make a shit film.
Seriously, think about it, the funniest parts of the Discworld books are usually the Authors footnotes at the bottom of a page giving you some snippet of worldy satirical infomation or remark thats losely tied to whats happening in the story. How can you effectively translate that into a film? I honestly think maybe 70% of the humour would simply be lost in translation and not do the books justice.

My own suggestions...

Bernard Cornwells King Arthur series, its about time we had a good film based around these legends, the closest I can think of that I have liked was the Merlin TV film and its sequel staring Sam Neil (one of the most under rated great sci fi actors).

Dean R Koontz Frankenstien series and his book Dark Rivers of the Heart, and a remake of his Phantoms book, its been done into a cheap film but not given justice.

Last but not least, the Dirty Pair, its a manga but so what :flame:

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
For a kids film I recon Phillip Pullmans dark materials trilogy would make a cracking, good range of characters, weird and wonderful creatures and worlds yet at the same time have links to the reals world, bit dark at parts, yet at the same time wouldn't be shit like Harry Potter.

Not read many Fantasy books but I really enjoyed the simillarion, I know it would be impossible to make into a film and it would be jumping on the Lotr band wagon, but a few of the parts could be made into good films specifically Turin's story, enough happens to fill a 2hour film, but enough room for the maker to add their own touch to it, pkus it has the usual plot twists and big dragons to make it interesting, only bad point it the ending might not be happy enough for Hollywood.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i cant say that there are any books id like to see made in to films because almost all the movie adaptations of good books have been complete drivel.

cant imagine any of the disc world books being good movies because a lot of the really funny stuff is things that you cant see, like thoughts the characters have or observations in the narrative.

theres a comic series called "preacher" that'd make a really good movie if you took a few choice stroy lines, i'd go see that.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
The Norwegian "Sagaen Om Isfolket" (The tale of the Icepeople). its a damn good serie. would love it on film :fluffle:

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Raymond E Fiests Magician series :) brilliant read, screw LOTR!

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
make countdown a film. would always pwn harry potter :england:

Gaino

Fledgling Freddie
silverdagger by raymoned e feist
and have ian (magneto dude) as nevyn (main char around 400 y old><)
some tomboy looking girl as the fem char rest i dunno :p

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Thadius said:
Your right about that :(

the voice that plays death in "family guy" is pretty nice tho and could probably be used....i guess you could always do some animation as a replacement for his head if you have to see a skull :)....or something like that

also the book called "eletronic gadgets for the evil genius" would be quite cool i reckon!, not because of its contents but because of its title :D

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
UrganNagru said:
For a kids film I recon Phillip Pullmans dark materials trilogy would make a cracking, good range of characters, weird and wonderful creatures and worlds yet at the same time have links to the reals world, bit dark at parts, yet at the same time wouldn't be shit like Harry Potter.

Already in the pipeline His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
For me it would have to be the Warlord trilogy by Bernard Cornwell (his King Arthur books), they are so well thought through, both conceptually and visually, and would probably be very well received, compared to say big fantasy series.

Don't know who would play who, I'm sure Sean Bean would be in there somewhere, as well as Ian McKellen, and a few other good British actors :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom