Where's Admin when you need them

S

stile62

Is the any such thing as Admin at Game? if the is could you kindly get your fat butt around to the Preview CS server next Sunday night, its not a lot to ask is it as this seems to be the only time you get a decent number of players on at once.

The cheating is so blatant and it doesn't make me want to renew my subscription next year the way it is, why pay to play with cheats when you can do that on most servers for nothing.:mad:

T

throdgrain

Am on there now, i cant see any cheating ?

C

Ch3tan

stile62 sme very good and long playing CS players play on GAME. A lot of them are admins as well, they can spot cheats, its more likely to be just a very good player.

Next time do get a condump of the wonids and record a demo fo anyone you think is dodgy, the admins can look at this. Also they all hang out in irc, so use the chat fucntin on the game website or use mirc or klient.

S

stile62

I think 29 kills to 1 death speaks for itself his play was very iffy, you could put a full colt clip into him and he would just turn around an shoot you.

If an admin had of been on first thing 8.00pm he/she should of picked up on it anyway, i also said i was going to get an admin when i was playing (bullshiting as a dont know how too) so why if you was on did you not say something?

Ps. Dont know how to record a demo and i dont use irc but i wasn't the only player to think he was cheating.

C

Ch3tan

You also accused some other people while I was on, seem to just moan when you die?

29-1 isnt impossible, and putting a whole clip into someone and them not dying is down to bullet reg. Afaik there is no cheat outside of plugins that increase your health that would give you more health or make you invicible.

1tchy trigger

I guess the easiest thing is to tell us the name of the player you're accusing ... it's very probable that we know them and can dismiss the cheating claims immediatly

M

Maljonic

one of my best scores was 72 for 0 and I don't even know how to cheat... oh wait, that was tfc; still a good score though :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Oh no!

He got a really good score so he cheats!

:(

D

Debaser

Originally posted by Ch3tan
Afaik there is no cheat outside of plugins that increase your health that would give you more health or make you invicible.

...and by god have we tried to find one ;)

A

-adz-

Aye not an impossible score, had a 37-0 before but still if they are dodgy bring down the console and type "record dodgy" and press enter. A demo file called dodgy.dem will be in your counter-strike directory and you can hand that over to an admin

T

Trem

Most people just type "record adz" in console, I know I do:eek:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Adz's shield skills do not surpass my own.

However, his pistol ones do :(

If you were to add us together you'd have a CS gladiator!

W

Will

Or a banjo-playing mutant. You, the public, must decide.

I'd post a poll, but I'd need to start a new thread for it.:mad:

S

stile62

Unfortunately I can't think of the players name but when I see it I will know it, I've also taken on board what Adz and Trem have said about recording a demo (ta for letting me know how) and I will use that next time to get some evidence.

And to Ch3tan I would like to point out that I didnt say he was invincible as he was killed once by someone else, he just seemed to be able to take alot of damage and live and I mean alot of damage. Also when i say I put a whole clip into him I mean it was at point blank range from behind maybe 10 - 15 virtual feet away, I could even hear the thuds of the bullets hitting him.

Anyway I apologise for my opening statement maybe it was a bit strong but when you think someone is cheating and you have no idea of how to do anything about him/her it becomes very frustrating but know I know how to record a demo I might be able to do something about it in the future.

Ps How do you do condump of wonid's?

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Originally posted by Will
Or a banjo-playing mutant. You, the public, must decide.

I'd post a poll, but I'd need to start a new thread for it.:mad:

I don't like the sound of this :(

C

Ch3tan

What you describe is bullet loss.

/stat then /condump or is stat only when you have rcon? Been a while :p

W

Will

I used to use status and then screenshot...I think. Been a while.

M

Maljonic

Originally posted by Ch3tan
What you describe is bullet loss.

/stat then /condump or is stat only when you have rcon? Been a while :p
what is it called when you shoot someone in the head before you hit the mouse button?

A

-adz-

If you type condump in the console all of your consoles logs will be saved in a text file in your cstrike directory. I think they are like condump001.txt or something similar to that. So if u wanna store the wonids do a status followed by a condump and hey presto nawty wonid list for admins to crucify \o/

d0lly - i r glock_y0!

M

Mophead

Going back to the original point, there should be admins present - myself included.

S

scooby-doo

Originally posted by stile62
I think 29 kills to 1 death speaks for itself.

if you think thats good m8 you wanna see some of our clan play or someone like jis,he'd get that score blindfolded.:)

G

Gumbo

Stile they're right about the bullet reg thing, on your screen it can look like all your bullets are hitting, indeed your computer will even be making the thudding sounds of the bullets striking your foe, but all the damage is handled by the server at the other end.

As a result there is no magic shield cheat. I suppose if you were some mad hacking coder type dood you could hack into the server and upload a totally new version of counter strike whereby bullets don't harm you, and hope noone noticed. Bit unlikely though.

I'm afraid that you unloading a whole clip into him and him not dieing is not down to cheats, it's just that the server thought you were missing, even if on your screen it looked like, and sounded like you were hitting. This is just an issue with the game. That's not to say that this individual was not cheating in some other way, but him not taking damage from you would not be cheating.

Incidentally, have you played BF1942? This same thing was an issue until the patch that introduced a cross hair thing, whereby the cross hair gets little extra diagonals on it when the server registers a hit on the person you are aiming at. On that game you can see blood flying from your victim when you shoot at him, just like the sound of bullets thudding into your victim on counterstrike, but this doesn't mean you have hit him. If the crosshair doesn't get it's diaganols then you have missed, the blood is handled by your computer, not the server which is actually keeping track of the damage.

Sorry for overlong post, I just thought a more detailed explanation might help out.

T

throdgrain

What makes me smile is when these Counter-Strike only types play other games , like q3. "Oh ffs I shot you in the face you cunt cheat0r hax" etc.
You tell them that in q3 and just about every other game except HL you have to aim ahead, but it doesnt sink in. Someone , mentioning no names, who is in my clan actually did this not so long ago.
And then they say "oh well, q3 is shit online I tried it " ;)
Of course the downside of the not having to aim ahead thing is that sometimes the server gets it wrong and the bullets miss.Add that to the bizzare recoil system on this game we play , and everyone using different rates, and it all adds up to disaster :)

G

Gumbo

Is it ravenshield where if you hit someone on your screen, then you definatly do hit them?

This results in you spotting someone on your screen and hiding around a corner from them, only to die half a second later because on their screen they fired and hit you before you moved. Extrememly annoying for the person getting shot at, 'cos as far as you were concerned, you had made it round the corner safely.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

UT2003 against some eejit who knows how to walljump and dbl jump all the time... bullet loss is no issue, as you won't be able to hit them anyways :(

G

Gumbo

I mean really obviously though, like if you are pinging fairly high, and the guy that shot you is too, it can be a couple of seconds.

Like you get time to walk away, maybe switch out a weapon or something, tie your shoelaces or whatever, and then just drop down dead. Rather than just a , 'dammit, i'm sure I got behind that wall in time!' moment.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Q3 lan beats everything :D

Well it used too :(

Especially freezetag!

Users who are viewing this thread