Where's Admin when you need them

T

throdgrain

Its just DIFFERENT mate, thats all :)
And Im convinced theres less bullet loss (plasma loss ;) ) on quake than on half-life, for all the aiming ahead .

C

Ch3tan

Games like Q3 where you have to lead are much easier to understand and adapt to. HL and CS took me a lot longer to start getting huge scores on than q3. I would prefer the lead aming method used in thoose games.

At least in previous betas it was beneficial to turn the prediction code off, but now the code has improved slightly its not worth it.

T

throdgrain

I agree with you Ch3tan, ive always found it easier to lead, though of course in cs targets move much slower than in quake, so it would be even easier.
The rest of the population appear to disagree however :)

C

Ch3tan

But even with differing net connections and settings, q3's aiming manages to stay fairly consistent, you know how far you have to lead etc. CS on the other hand is very hit and miss, might go back to lc and lw 0 and see what its like.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Freezetag.

Freetage.

Erm....

Owns you all!

T

The Kingpin

Game.net servers should use Cheating-Death.

Best anti-Cheat method around, even said so by joolz in PCZone, the MOACSH!

C

Ch3tan

No.

There is only one public server, its mainly used by the community. Admins where present that night. The point of the preview server is to entice poeple to GAME. The subbed servers dont use CD so neither should the preview, it will stop people joining because a lot of people wont be bothered to d/l the CD client first.

Cheating in CS isnt that bad anymore, there is far less than there used to be.

T

Trem

...I dunno, it was quite obvious last night that Dolly had a team-mate-seeking-nade hax on:eek:

L

leggy

well turn your xatrix seeking hax on now trem and get your arse in there!

:eek:

S

stile62

Getting back to this Record .dem fucntion for CS, how do you turn the thing off? I used it the other night just to see if it worked and it put an 83 mb file in my CS directory how the hell do you get that to an admin if you think someone is cheating.

Answers pls on a postcard to :- ;)

W

Will

I'm a bit unsire, but I think you just type "stop". Give me 15 minutes and I'll look up a demo script for you.

Not on of my own, so its untested. Looks fine to me though.

Code:
alias demosay1 "letsee;wait;echo demo recording started;wait;dontsee;"
alias demosay2 "letsee;wait;echo demo recording stoped;wait;dontsee;"
alias demosay3 "letsee;wait;echo last demo finnished, no more demos left;wait;dontsee;"
alias demstop1 "stop; demosay2;wait;wait;wait;"
alias dem1 "demosay1; record demo_01.dem; alias next_demo dem2"
alias dem2 "demosay1; record demo_02.dem; alias next_demo dem3"
alias dem3 "demosay1; record demo_03.dem; alias next_demo dem4"
alias dem4 "demosay1; record demo_04.dem; alias next_demo dem5"
alias dem5 "demosay1; record demo_05.dem; alias next_demo dem6"
alias dem6 "demosay1; record demo_06.dem; alias next_demo dem7"
alias dem7 "demosay1; record demo_07.dem; alias next_demo dem8"
alias dem8 "demosay1; record demo_08.dem; alias next_demo dem9"
alias dem9 "demosay1; record demo_09.dem; alias next_demo dem0"
alias dem0 "demosay1; record demo_10.dem;wait;wait;demosay3; alias next_demo demempty1"
alias demempty1 "letsee;echo You have exhausted this session's queue!;dontsee;wait;wait;wait;wait;"
alias next_demo dem1
alias letsee "developer 1"
alias dontsee "developer 0"

Code:
bind "x" "next_demo"
bind "y" "demstop1"

S

stile62

Thanks m8, don't understand it but thanks anyway:eek:

W

Will

lol, lets explain scripts then...

Take that text, save it into a file called autoexec.cfg, and put it in your CS folder. Make sure you change the keys for the second set of commands to whatever you want. Then all you have to do is press (for example) X to record a demo, and Y to stop it playing.

W

Will

Welcome to the world of scripting. Soon you'll be config haxxing with the best of them.;)

T

Trem

Proof once again that the Scottish are the nicest peeps on this forum, played Willeh!!

D

Debaser

hmm, scripting.. just been talking abt this the other day, what is considered right and wrong?

buy scripts are seen as okay as i understand? (even if it does give you the edge over non buy-script people) but some scripts to me would seem as out-right cheating such as automatic strafing when you press fire or controling the amount of times you fire in a burst :s

what's the general stance?

T

throdgrain

Buy scripts are fine, but that is now all I have in my auto-exec. The rest of it is bog standard, and works fine.
One of the reasons I reverted to standard was this wwcl (or whatever it is) is really picky, and you can go on servers and get kicked for the simplest of scripts, for example I had one so that I could change weapon like in Q3 , instead of click-select it was simply scroll the mouse wheel through them. Pretty harmless really, but in the end I didnt want to get accused of cheating by the half-life Nazis so I got rid of it :)

W

Will

I used to use the script from Nextwish, everything there is legit. If anything is regarded as a bit dodgy, he normally removes it for the next version. You'll find most people use either that script, or something by RZe (search for it, you'll find it).

T

throdgrain

I got a nice replacement aug/sig x-hair from nextwish, you cant see the std one properly but this one is blue and nice :)

L

~Lazarus~

I have a script that goes something like ;

bind "MOUSE1" "attack;say Sorry for TK/TW"

:(

Check Bobs Bunker (link in my sig) for some nice skins including crosshairs

W

Will

Originally posted by throdgrain
I got a nice replacement aug/sig x-hair from nextwish, you cant see the std one properly but this one is blue and nice :)
I think that is probably illegal in Clanbase...but the Sig/Aug sucks for anything except public play anyway.;)

T

throdgrain

I doubt if you will ever see anyone less worried me ol chum ;)

W

Will

While I remember, i just ordered Vietcong...it better be good.

T

throdgrain

:) Its fun online, Im a fan .
But fuck me it has some fps problems :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom