Where did we go wrong?

Leroli

Fledgling Freddie
I was camping SoM today and after 4 hours it poped.
I got my group there and just as we where about to do it our bard thought he saw someone at the statue.
2 secs after that the sphinxes charged the statue and turned around.

We did the encounter anyway and the Cloak was gone!

So gratz random person I hope you are very HAPPY with your SoM.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
This cloak is almost as good as causing anger and greed as fins are not quite yet but its getting there...

Leroli

Fledgling Freddie
yes ofc other ppl camping dont mather aslong as you can get plats by being a idiot.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Well.....technically speaking that guy did nothing wrong. Although the way he did get the cloak must seem odd to the neutral observer (using a MLA to avoid actually doing the encounter is definately not what Mythic intended when they created this), he hasnt done anything wrong.

Being that said - lemme get personal and absolutely un-neutral here. This person is the greatest son of a bitch I have seen in my DAOC-career (and I have seen loads). Instead of honoring the rules of engagement like 99.999999% of Hib would have done, you chose to be a selfish little brat. You didnt even had the guts to do the whole thing unstealthed - well, congratulations: It worked. Neither one of us was able to do a positive ID on you and you got yourself a brand new piece of cloth to jerk off in. Actually I doubt you will ever be able to use it - guys like you usually aren't equipped to....

Am I pissed off about this? That would be a polite describtion for what I am. :flame:

Edit: Oh..and just for the record: Yes, I was with the group who was doing the encounter and no: I am not the person who would have gotten the cloak in the end nor did I need credit for it.

Gesp

Fledgling Freddie
not a bit aggred with what had been done there, but whinin here about someone u dont even know his name is most useless tbh. use rightnow and u MIGHT get some outcome, maybe his name at least.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Gesp said:
not a bit aggred with what had been done there, but whinin here about someone u dont even know his name is most useless tbh. use rightnow and u MIGHT get some outcome, maybe his name at least.

Well, he did nothing wrong technically - dont think he even violated the Code of Conduct. As for the name: Even IF GOA would look into it, they wont give us his name.

Besides...its not really a whine - more of a flame :)

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
ACtually he did break CoC if he wasnt the one starting the encounter.

And even if he didnt he's just as greedy as choka.

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
Came in from work at 4:00am decided to help Leroli on this encounter. Got screwed over by some ass who thinks it's alright to fuck realm mates about for profit. Go farm or something :( stealing arti's is weak tbvh.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Its in no way against the CoC...i had the same happen to me after i had killed a crioshpinx witness and the others in the grp were buffin up...a ranger(who shall remain nameless, since i have no desire to flame him) who had been standin stealthed on one of the rocks had run in and grabbed the cloak and ported out.

I rightnow'd it thinkin havin pulled a witness counted as activatin the encounter...I was sorely mistaken from GoAs way of looking at it..the encounter is not started till the cloak is pulled off the statue... another fine line they dare not cross <sigh> i dont bloody kill crio witnesses for fun.

Goa should get their heads outta their behind and see what this does to the community.

/Dracus

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Did the encounter twice yesterday with Leroli, both times someone stole the cloak, can't believe it happened to him a third time at 4AM
Second time we did it a NS stayed near the statue and took a screenie of the culprit.
So the eight people in the alliance who logged alts or interupted what they were doing to go help Leroli (and the guy who was wondering by and joined BG to get credit) killed the crio's while some greedy bastard ranger takes the cloak and ML's his ass out of there.

Totally fucking gay

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Q. does Prescence node only detect enemies? if not keep one up.

Alternativly, the second the Statue pops, have someone hit a Stealth Lore charge and run to the middle to catch / SS the culprit red handed and drop the SS here so we can all see this lowlife scumbag

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Stalkz said:
Q. does Prescence node only detect enemies? if not keep one up.

Alternativly, the second the Statue pops, have someone hit a Stealth Lore charge and run to the middle to catch / SS the culprit red handed and drop the SS here so we can all see this lowlife scumbag

Could have SL'ed him on ranger, but I logged wardy to help thinking I'd get credit on ranger another time, as it happened, no-one got credit :(

We have a screenie with his name, guess it's Leroli's decision to show it or not, not gonna name him if Leroli chooses not to.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
should name and shame wankers like this, we dont need or want them in our realm

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
should name and shame wankers like this, we dont need or want them in our realm

I would name in a sec tbh, but at the end of the day, Leroli was fucked over most, I have to respect his right to name & shame.

Unfortunately our realm has plenty of people like that, ToA has turned people into greedy wankers with no respect for others.

Dracus said:
Its in no way against the CoC...i had the same happen to me after i had killed a crioshpinx witness and the others in the grp were buffin up...a ranger(who shall remain nameless, since i have no desire to flame him) who had been standin stealthed on one of the rocks had run in and grabbed the cloak and ported out.

I rightnow'd it thinkin havin pulled a witness counted as activatin the encounter...I was sorely mistaken from GoAs way of looking at it..the encounter is not started till the cloak is pulled off the statue... another fine line they dare not cross <sigh> i dont bloody kill crio witnesses for fun.

Goa should get their heads outta their behind and see what this does to the community.

/Dracus
yes IT IS against the CoC he stole the cloak without hitting the mob, ergo he STOLE it... which part of that dont u understand?

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
ur not supposed to hit the statue :eek:
and whoever it was that took the cloak was the one who started the encounter soo.

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
yes IT IS against the CoC he stole the cloak without hitting the mob, ergo he STOLE it... which part of that dont u understand?

dude learn your facts...If he speaks to the statue 'first' he started the encounter...This cannot result in a ban for the one who took the cloak.

shame tho...but what can we do :(

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
MUST NAME AND SHAME

otherwise will have mindless scum doing this all the time for the good of hib u must do it or have more ranger/nightshade who are not real hibs( not all ranger and n/s) just the fotmers who come over here to gankk the realm

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
the obvious solution would be to use the same tactic as that mofo when u are camping the cloak, when it pops have ur own bard/ranger run in, get it, port out, and then u got all the time in the world to kill the sphinxes without risk of having the cloak stolen.

altho it´s a shame some mofo´s resort to this kind of artifact-stealing :<

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Now that shade form's gone (thank god was about time) I wonder what's all this fixation with SoM. I never had it, tried to organise a group once to get it (tho work came and fucked up my plans) but be real, utility wise, it sucks! Cetus skin for example, has double the utility SoM has. The Cloak of Ambuscade (the one I currently use) has a utility of around 57 if i remember right. So just be real and leave SoM to the sad ****ers that wanna get it this way.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
On a second thought, after I get the ML6 ability, I'm willing to join whichever group is making the encounter (if I'm online of course) and outrun any thieving b&^tard and hand it over to the group that wants it. Only thing i don't know is on whether you'll get the encounter or not. Anyway, let me know if you need my help.

PS. Please don't use /as to advertise arti encounters.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the proc on SoM can still be a fight winner

Aussie

Banned
Are you serious you still have no clue whois doing this for ages?
He's bragging like almost every day on irc he sold again a SoM cloak.

Tilda

Guys if you have screenshots and even names, report it using Rightnow. There were some on alb who did this and as was said, if you started the encounter and they steal the artifact its them thats wrong.
iirc, the person on alb got banned and the artifact returned.

Tilda

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
name & shame
you and your friends on multiple occasions, such short memory

using radar in USA = wrist slap
macroing woodwork in Europe = ban
organised repeated artifact stealing = nothing (reported on rightnow on multiple occasions)

/clap GOA such consistency

Requiel: "I will not allow cheaters on my servers" (unless artifacts are involved, then its ok), 8x subs > principles I suppose.

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
Are you serious you still have no clue whois doing this for ages?
He's bragging like almost every day on irc he sold again a SoM cloak.

seen censimilia do it atleast once, got no screenie sadly tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom