Where did we go wrong?

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Strictly speaking the sojourner removing the cloak from the statue is starting the encounter, hence it is their encounter and their cloak. It isn't stealing since they are the only person to handle the cloak; anyone else who may be camping never touched it.

If a separate group waitiing at the encounter goes and kills the criosphinxes, the enounter is awarded to the person who started the encounter - NOT the group that kills the mobs. Totally legal - no matter how underhand it looks.

The solution of course is to have your own sojourner (solo but battlegrouped) take the cloak asap without dying, which formally claims the encounter for your battlegroup. Worry about getting the rest of your criosphinx-killing group together AFTER you've secured the cloak with a sojourner. If someone else gets the cloak first, then just walk away and leave them to kill the mobs on their own.

I did the encounter battlegrouped last patch and it was ok with credit for 2fg (fg IPW + fg CBH), so as long as everyone is battlegrouped it should be ok.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
seen censimilia do it atleast once, got no screenie sadly tho

Ill make a screenie for you if you want. Save it on your desktop or summin. I wouldnt bother sending it to GOA though because its not illegal.

theres 2 smash and grab encounters that rangers can do with a valid use of a ML ability. (far less damaging then say FOP has been)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its a shame that toa made people turn into greedy loot whores :(

Gesp

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Did the encounter twice yesterday with Leroli, both times someone stole the cloak, can't believe it happened to him a third time at 4AM
after he made the topic and all the greedy mofo bastards learnt how to do it, i wouldn't be surprised :(

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Gesp said:
after he made the topic and all the greedy mofo bastards learnt how to do it, i wouldn't be surprised :(
Before this thread 3-4 did it after this tread 30-40

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Aloca said:

Grand, maybe now when enough people get pissed off at having the arti lifted this way by people who already have it to make themselves rich something will be done about it.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
U really should name and shame because if u dont its liek saying ffs u stole it but ok we wont tell other ppl so u can do it again and again:) Punish em by letting the rest of us know :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
U really should name and shame because if u dont its liek saying ffs u stole it but ok we wont tell other ppl so u can do it again and again:) Punish em by letting the rest of us know :)

You actually believe this? Ive lost all respect for Censi since he did it to me and some guildies...but i dont play with him so why should he care...same goes for the rest that do it...the ppl they play with prolly wont be bothered by it...heck he'll just steal one for them if they need it...im sry Talivar...i dont see name and shame working any wonders.

/Dracus

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i know its not strictly against the CoC but surely this comes under the part about treating your realm mates with respect?

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
basically we all know it's technically legal, but it's pretty fucking lame to rip off ur realm mates in such a way

censi

Can't get enough of FH
well tbh i lost count of how many times I have given these away to people or been asked if I can get one for someone. but I do actually like to stay on good terms with fellow hibs. The main thing about being able to do this thats bad is that the soj can effectivly secure the artifact immedietly if the encounter is up, and then the pressure is off to complete it before someone else beats you to the punch. Its more a case of the game dynamics being at fault, you cant blaim soj'ers for using an ml ability to complete an encounter really, cuz you can best rest assurred if you needed a som and could grab one for yourself you would do it.
I would also classifly it as out of order if you grabed it from a group that was there at the encounter and ready to pull. if theres like a few afk loners camping it and havent moved since its pops then I have no problem with grabbing it killing the cats shortly afterwards.

neway alway happy to help people with this encounter if its up.

Ill double check with GOA again to confirm the legality of this but last time I asked it was legit.

Nme

Fledgling Freddie
I must admit , i find it most annoying when camping SoM for it to be stolen by some little sojouner git , However around 3 weeks ago i had been camping SoM ( turning into a usual thing ) and the server had gone down etc with the minority of people left on the server . Censi being one , i asked him for help with doing the encounter in the first place , but with him being a person left on the server he was able to secure the cloak and therefore my 22 hours camp session did not go to waste , surely enough when the server came back up we did the encounter and Censi gave me the SoM :clap: Sojourners can also be useful for the encounters... its just maybe we have some bad seeds :eek2: note : i dont think censi is one of them tbh :D

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
You actually believe this? Ive lost all respect for Censi since he did it to me and some guildies...but i dont play with him so why should he care...same goes for the rest that do it...the ppl they play with prolly wont be bothered by it...heck he'll just steal one for them if they need it...im sry Talivar...i dont see name and shame working any wonders.

/Dracus

Censi never done it for the cash tho, Post Mortem is a stealther guild, we have 4-5 people that "orderd" the cloak from Censi he maybe sold 1-2 max and Given away atleast 10. Reason why he done it that often is that he also "camps" the spawn. He have as much "right" as you to get it.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
If you'd read my previous post you'd see that i actually said just that...i rightnow'd it when Censi took it in front of our noses cause i had already started killin some of the crio witnesses to clear space i thought that constituted as having started the encounter. It didnt, rightnow explained it as i did previously in this thread. Im just sayin its poor form takin it when someone is clearly about to do it the "normal" way.

Adding to that, Censi, i find your comments mildly amusing...you say you wouldnt take it if someone was ready to pull...well we were...perhaps not in your eyes..but thats where i lost my respect for you. Be it right or wrong..doesnt really matter.

GoAs own words:

Greetings
Because it isn't necessary to kill the sphinx' to do the encounter what you would need to do is click on the statue before you start hitting things as the sphinx' are not aggressive until after the cloak has been handed off by the statue. As the statue still had the black cloak it was still an open encounter.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

/Dracus

P.S.
Got my cloak now...so who cares :p

lekkus

Fledgling Freddie
A few days before patch I was sitting there as well with my shade. Sat there awhile in the hope it would pop while a fg who would help was having fun getting scalers pop (thx TFO :) ). Censi pop behind me. Tried to have a conversation with him. Strong afk ofcourse. Did Censi tell me 'hee Team, youre waisting youre time, im just gonna grab it'. Nope. Statue pop ..In less than 30 sec the grp was there and complete ready to go. Fop. schrooms the whole rimram. No Censi around and no cloak anymore ofcourse.

After the patch I've done it 4 times. 3 Times it was already gone..2 times I saw Censi at the alchemy table in Volcanus. No proof ofcourse. I bought mine. 4th Time was helping some1 with my druid and shade for the credit. Lucky I guess.

Now Censi doesnt know my shade but I helped him a few times with my warden and druid when he didnt have the ml ability yet which makes it a bit harsh getting fecked over by someone like that, altho he prolly doesnt care anyway.

aloca said:

You mean less for Censi ...awwww :eek:

censi said:
well tbh i lost count of how many times I have given these away to people or been asked if I can get one for someone. but I do actually like to stay on good terms with fellow hibs. The main thing about being able to do this thats bad is that the soj can effectivly secure the artifact immedietly if the encounter is up, and then the pressure is off to complete it before someone else beats you to the punch. Its more a case of the game dynamics being at fault, you cant blaim soj'ers for using an ml ability to complete an encounter really, cuz you can best rest assurred if you needed a som and could grab one for yourself you would do it.
I would also classifly it as out of order if you grabed it from a group that was there at the encounter and ready to pull. if theres like a few afk loners camping it and havent moved since its pops then I have no problem with grabbing it killing the cats shortly afterwards.

neway alway happy to help people with this encounter if its up.

Ill double check with GOA again to confirm the legality of this but last time I asked it was legit.

As for Censi..I don't really care how often you check with GOA to confirm the legality of youre actions or how much you have given away or start to babble about bad game dynamics..you did it and I am pretty sure you gave none of all those cloaks to all those hibs sitting there waiting and waiting, hoping they could get a group together fast enough before you grabbed it and then found out they tried for nothing while some of youre 'friends' couldnt be arsed waiting and just 'ordered 1' and for free too ( yea right ! ) sneaked in and grabbed it..all you forgot to do was /laugh / rude to all those hibs while you ported. Yet another old school player where TOA showed his true nature. Nothing new I guess :(

censi said:

Write it down xxx times and maybe you will believe it yourself. Wonder how often how often you took it when the statue took the cloak back (after the first cat died) or how many cats you actually killed yourself or how often you used youre speedbuff after you saw some1 getting killed by the encounter to get in time to take it yourself.

As for Dracul ..youre not the only 1.. Zazz from TFO has reported Censi as well afaik. And no can't say I don't care either anymore cause I have mine ..thing is I don't mind helping others when I have nothing else important to do just as I did with Censi and there is nothing more annoying to find out that some1 with only greedy intentions felt the need to take it without even the people camping there, getting involved or tell them its been done. All there is left is the dissapointment afterwards for that person maybe waiting there for hours and hours and just called his friends or guild to come for help. Something Censi obviously doesnt care about.

And yes 'Raven', wish there was something like that clearly in the CoC.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
lekkus said:
A few days before patch I was sitting there as well with my shade. Sat there awhile in the hope it would pop while a fg who would help was having fun getting scalers pop (thx TFO :) ). Censi pop behind me. Tried to have a conversation with him. Strong afk ofcourse. Did Censi tell me 'hee Team, youre waisting youre time, im just gonna grab it'. Nope. Statue pop ..In less than 30 sec the grp was there and complete ready to go. Fop. schrooms the whole rimram. No Censi around and no cloak anymore ofcourse.

After the patch I've done it 4 times. 3 Times it was already gone..2 times I saw Censi at the alchemy table in Volcanus. No proof ofcourse. I bought mine. 4th Time was helping some1 with my druid and shade for the credit. Lucky I guess.

Now Censi doesnt know my shade but I helped him a few times with my warden and druid when he didnt have the ml ability yet which makes it a bit harsh getting fecked over by someone like that, altho he prolly doesnt care anyway.

You mean less for Censi ...awwww :eek:

As for Censi..I don't really care how often you check with GOA to confirm the legality of youre actions or how much you have given away or start to babble about bad game dynamics..you did it and I am pretty sure you gave none of all those cloaks to all those hibs sitting there waiting and waiting, hoping they could get a group together fast enough before you grabbed it and then found out they tried for nothing while some of youre 'friends' couldnt be arsed waiting and just 'ordered 1' and for free too ( yea right ! ) sneaked in and grabbed it..all you forgot to do was /laugh / rude to all those hibs while you ported. Yet another old school player where TOA showed his true nature. Nothing new I guess :(

Write it down xxx times and maybe you will believe it yourself. Wonder how often how often you took it when the statue took the cloak back (after the first cat died) or how many cats you actually killed yourself or how often you used youre speedbuff after you saw some1 getting killed by the encounter to get in time to take it yourself.

As for Dracul ..youre not the only 1.. Zazz from TFO has reported Censi as well afaik. And no can't say I don't care either anymore cause I have mine ..thing is I don't mind helping others when I have nothing else important to do just as I did with Censi and there is nothing more annoying to find out that some1 with only greedy intentions felt the need to take it without even the people camping there, getting involved or tell them its been done. All there is left is the dissapointment afterwards for that person maybe waiting there for hours and hours and just called his friends or guild to come for help. Something Censi obviously doesnt care about.

And yes 'Raven', wish there was something like that clearly in the CoC.

:wub:

/Dracus

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the people who cant do it will whine, and the people who can do it will carry on doing it, and most of those will be far less approachable than me on the matter.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder how often how often you took it when the statue took the cloak back

I would wonder at that too. You might wanna get someone to explain how the encounter works to you some time. But to save time it doesnt go back to the statue after you kill the cat.

YoungElf

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
the people who cant do it will whine, and the people who can do it will carry on doing it, and most of those will be far less approachable than me on the matter.

So actually you're trying to hide yourself behind what others have done? Ofcourse there has been that kinda people and always will be, just wierd to see so many have joined em too since ToA.

But also I can only see people with your kinda attitude rising in the game, when no action can be done against em. Sure other players can give name and shame, but honestly I haven't seen that hindering many.

Maybe they turned game in ToA into something that easily hurts people with big ego. Camping arti for hours and then notice you didn't get it... notice you still can't get the perfect template for rvr to be best of all?

I don't know, but maybe someone could tell me. What has been changing so many people? Could there be anything to stop it getting more common? Or then again... am I totally wrong with this?

Sure I've been wrong sometimes (or so they tried to convince me).

P.S. Didn't read the whole damn post to get it fixed on perfect sense. It just popped mind in that order

censi

Can't get enough of FH
theres nothing to hinder. you just have to accept that theres 1 encounter than can be done solo by a high ml ranger.

its a valid way to complete the encounter thats available to anyone that gets the required abilities on that character.

the morals behind who owns the encounter are the same for SOM as they are for anything.

auxelluz

Fledgling Freddie
Censi you say that it can be done solo by a high ml ranger.
U do know what solo meens dont u?
I guess theres a big differencs in the way that u solo and the way the rest of us solo.

Aux a friendly hibbie. :)

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
theres nothing to hinder. you just have to accept that theres 1 encounter than can be done solo by a high ml ranger.

its a valid way to complete the encounter thats available to anyone that gets the required abilities on that character.

the morals behind who owns the encounter are the same for SOM as they are for anything.

Censi, I dont think that anyone has probs with high ML rangers being able to grab an artifact and then vamoose somewhere else. Most peeps here are simply pissed off because you apparently took the cloak from under their nose.

Mythic/GoA can say what they want on this...maybe sphinxkilling aint a sign for them that the encounter has been started but honestly..come on: What other sign do YOU need to figure out that they started the encounter?

As I said: I dont think that anyone cares about you or other Sojourner's being able to get that cloak this easy. Imo...go there, camp the spot and make a fortune by doing so. But stealing the cloak from peeps who apparently already visibly started the encounter (and I sugest we use common sense to judge the term "started" here) is friggin fuckin lame.

I do hope that you realize in the end that your actions in this matter were more than questionable and that you change your "approach" on this.
You seemed like a nice guy back in the old "Lets do a Legion"-raid-days and I think you gained lots of respect from other peeps by organizing and executing them. Dont loose that hardly earned respect by acting like an arse.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
People that buy them are to blame as well for generating trade in the first place.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"People that buy them are to blame as well for generating trade in the first place."

That's the morally bankrupt excuse that arms dealers use IRL :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Mirt said:
"People that buy them are to blame as well for generating trade in the first place."

That's the morally bankrupt excuse that arms dealers use IRL :(

If you want to take rl examples into the discussion then you have to scrap all assumptions about morals and ethics.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
If you want to take rl examples into the discussion then you have to scrap all assumptions about morals and ethics.
Yup in rl most people would try to take the bucket with cash even tho he know someone else saw the bucket first

Jay

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:
you and your friends on multiple occasions, such short memory

using radar in USA = wrist slap
macroing woodwork in Europe = ban
organised repeated artifact stealing = nothing (reported on rightnow on multiple occasions)

/clap GOA such consistency

Requiel: "I will not allow cheaters on my servers" (unless artifacts are involved, then its ok), 8x subs > principles I suppose.

It's not artifact stealing or cheating, you utter berk. The day you can put your name on an encounter is the day you can claim it for yourself over all others. Whether you think its ethical or not, its not against any rules at this stage.

Or did you just post that because you're a whiny little tit who needed his daily fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom