Where art thou ? ( what server u on)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm going to be making a Republic toon on a PvP server. Will likely be very casual as Ancient Shadows are happily bumbling around on Frostclaw.

Any recommendations chaps?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
My problem isn't latency related though. I'm sitting on constant 50ms or better, apparently it's a FPS issue that shows up when you go below 20 FPS or so according to the support forums where more people report this issue.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
My problem isn't latency related though. I'm sitting on constant 50ms or better, apparently it's a FPS issue that shows up when you go below 20 FPS or so according to the support forums where more people report this issue.
My laptop is not as powerfull as my desktop still i get better fps, lower latency with mobile internet than on desktop with 100mb/s line. And the game seems to have same issues as Skyrim, slows down the more i change planets.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's your usual unavoidable memory leak coming from newly released games. :)

I'm getting that as well, but i'm more interested in them fixing the skill activation lag so i can go back to playing on a pvp server.

Or reroll on a new one as i only managed level 22 on the one the FH guild got parked in, but as no one else plays there....

rynnor

Rockhound
I read a thread on the official forums that reckoned they had changed the client in late beta so that some of the rendering was done by the server then sent to your pc.

Personally I have noticed it calling encrypted files when you run the launcher - it has to decrypt these every time it runs the game - it was suggested that this is part of a copy protection system trying to obscure the renderer they are using.

None of this is good for load times/FPS.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye, the load times are really frustrating.

Oh and can i *actually* deactivate my fucking droid? I'm sick and tired of it now.... All it does is stand there and whine, it was moderately useful when i only had 1 proper companion so i could use it for crafting, but now that i have 5 i have 0 uses for it....

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
aye, the load times are really frustrating.

Oh and can i *actually* deactivate my fucking droid? I'm sick and tired of it now.... All it does is stand there and whine, it was moderately useful when i only had 1 proper companion so i could use it for crafting, but now that i have 5 i have 0 uses for it....
at 50 you have 6, droid + 5 proper ones
you can also have a max of 5 out crafting
which gives you 1 spare to use, so ....

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Plus, the droid rocks when you get him some gear :D

And this patch they've turned off the spam

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
prob i have with the droid is, on the sith inquis ship, he stands at the junction of the flight deck/bank/exit, so as you run around doing STUFF on your ship, he never shuts up as his trigger radius covers all 3 doors

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
prob i have with the droid is, on the sith inquis ship, he stands at the junction of the flight deck/bank/exit, so as you run around doing STUFF on your ship, he never shuts up as his trigger radius covers all 3 doors

Same with BH :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Oh hello master I've painted the walls the same colour again. Would you like a foot massage

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Concerning the load times, I upgraded to an SSD (Crucial m4 128 GB) and have seen a massive decrease in the time it takes. Totally worth it if the loading annoys you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
On Hydian Way with my WoW guild, Bloodhoof, The Suffering

Sylvaa (Bounty Hunter)
Astaa (Something with lightsabres) I have made a level 1 but will delete it and roll something when I have hit 50 on BH.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Oh hai there! Got a 50 Powertech and 50 Sorc on Bloodworthy. But been seriously considering rerolling republic. I'm GM in a guild with about 150 people (including alts) and we have around 8 or 10 people looking to reroll due to the massive amounts of siths on this, and pretty much every other server. Any guilds still taking on new recruits?

Oh, and what classes are the shit on republic? I know most are pretty much mirror classes like half the classes in DAoC, but I guess there are some that are more "exclusive" than others?

Me, out!

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Oh hai there! Got a 50 Powertech and 50 Sorc on Bloodworthy. But been seriously considering rerolling republic. I'm GM in a guild with about 150 people (including alts) and we have around 8 or 10 people looking to reroll due to the massive amounts of siths on this, and pretty much every other server. Any guilds still taking on new recruits?

Frostclaw desperately needs good PvPers on republic.

Oh, and what classes are the shit on republic? I know most are pretty much mirror classes like half the classes in DAoC, but I guess there are some that are more "exclusive" than others?

We have barely any melee Scoundrels. I don't know if it's because they are shit, gunslingers don't seem to tend do so well either.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
DavidH said:

Me, out!

Do you find republic spank empire on alderaan and void star? I'm on bloodworthy too and find we lose so many warzones

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Do you find republic spank empire on alderaan and void star? I'm on bloodworthy too and find we lose so many warzones

On Legions of Lettow it's pretty even, in Ilum Republic even bring more numbers sometimes. Warzones seem 50/50, some very good Republic groups...and some awful ones :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

On Republic side of Bloodworthy it seems to be a time thing for me. After 6pm and we mostly win WZ's but in the morning (GMT +4) we get horribly spanked most of the time. Peeps just don't listen and go off solo to do their own thing. I gave up doing WZ's at this time before work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom