Where art thou ? ( what server u on)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Well, if you ever decide to roll a republic on ze server give me a shout, pretty sure you can have both emp and rep on same server? :O

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, if you ever decide to roll a republic on ze server give me a shout, pretty sure you can have both emp and rep on same server? :O

You can :p got a 21 consular / 50 sith sorc on Scepter of Ragnos.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
People hitting cap level within a month?

Putting me right off getting it that is.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What happened to people actually having to work for their achievements :(.

With all due respect you've not tried it? its not like you log in and instantly ding 50 ;x still takes days (10 days or so not missing a single quest) thats hardly rushed.

rynnor

Rockhound
Its probably a bit more prevalant in this game as many people have been on holiday from pre-launch so getting a lot more time in a day to level.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
People hitting cap level within a month?

Putting me right off getting it that is.

That happens in all MMOs really, even daoc felt like a complete grind, but it wasn't that much slower back when it was released.

You don't even need to rush to hit 50, playing the quest line as normal and it takes 4-5 days played to hit 50, about the same as most other games.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
For anyone that on Luka Sene that uses IRC, we've made a channel #LukaSene - trying to get some semblance of a community up and running there.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Kinda re-rolled Republic on Bloodworthy with some mates - Cirventhor, Jedi Guardian.

Also playing Empire a bit on Hidden Bek, same name and in Aesir's Blade.

Septina

Part of the furniture
If anyone is looking for a somewhat casual guild on Bloodworthy Republic side just give me a yell ingame and i'll invite you. :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Suppose i better post it here not that anyone cares or be surprised :p

Corran - Assassin - LoL server - Rule of One

Genedril

Part of the furniture
With all due respect you've not tried it? its not like you log in and instantly ding 50 ;x still takes days (10 days or so not missing a single quest) thats hardly rushed.

My comment wasn't really aimed solely at ToR. Just a general whinge at current MMO standards. I even lament about DAoC being to easy mode these days. If that was 10 days played (so 240 hours) I wouldn't complain I suppose but I'll bet it isn't that long.

That happens in all MMOs really, even daoc felt like a complete grind, but it wasn't that much slower back when it was released.

You don't even need to rush to hit 50, playing the quest line as normal and it takes 4-5 days played to hit 50, about the same as most other games.

It may now, maybe my halcyon UO days are gone ;). I don't remember people hitting 50 that soon in DAoC. Some were a lot quicker than others but back all that sitting to regen power and end really put the brakes on quick leveling. IIRC early UO and DAoC promoted a lot more - go out and explore to ease the grind than modern games (WH etc) which seem to guide players by the nose through quests / grinding etc to hit max level asap. Maybe it's not the games that have changed that much but the players?

Anyway, I wasn't really up in arms about ToR; I'm just an old man griping about how kids have it easy these days ;p (next up how I only got an orange and brown paper bag for Christmas). That and I was taking a gander at what people thought the game was like as I might like to try it (being both a MMO and Star Wars fan). So no offence was meant to be caused and all that.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm not sure why other people rushing to maximum level in a game would put you off it. It's not as if it impacts on your own game or the enjoyment of it. People have had a lot of time off in the past two weeks, I am sure of they have nothing else to do they could get to 50 quickly.

I'm loving the story in the game, just hope that carries on at maximum level.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
iirc Teza on Excal, followed by a bunch of Nolby players (Tina, Solo, Coma etc) were hitting 50 within the first week. I think the difference in these games is you can do it solo by questing, the older games you had to group (or camp the bonewall, or 8x8 south of Trinsic... ;))

The time to 50 feels about right for this game tbh, it's good fun along the way as well :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I might have a look see then as you lot seem to be favourable. I remember Bioware from Baldur's Gate and I loved the stories there.

I really don't remember people hitting 50 that fast on Pryd. Either I'm old and have forgotten (very probable) or we just took it slower there. Getting 50 deserved grats threds on pryd.net back in the day!

Anyway I shall derail this thread no longer - sorry about that.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Empire on Treyus Academy Playing with my son on the following:
  • Idris - Merc now close to 20 and enjoying the PvP games, the xp is pretty good and queue times short
  • Katherine - Sorc Healer lvl 15
  • Marricus - Sniper lvl 15 - Powerful at range but not sure I like the sitting behind a shield system
Was looking for a Republic home, Bloodworthy sounds good. Will roll a Guardian tonight followed by Scoundral or Gunslinger, Scoundral looks fun.

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
Symbo, Scoundrel on Chundaar. Definately a fun class to play, it gets more like a WoW rogue with every new ability, so if you like that sort of thing... However strangely enough it's by far the least played class, from what I've seen so far I appear to be the only one on the server.

Aada

Part of the furniture
What is it with Bloodworthy? unless you log your toons in at 7am your stuck in a queue anytime you log out.

Is it the cool kid name or what?

Fuck that shit.

Exioce

Part of the furniture

Speak for yourself, my first DAOC char took 30 days /played to lv50...

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I've literally not queued once in the past 6 days for bloodworthy so dunno what people are whining about :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah I bought the game today got to lvl13 on my sith sorc in LoL server, said it was full or very heavy etc..no queue :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
only beef I have with the game is being lvl10 and being put in BG pvp with lvl50's. I do okay-ish but I still get the odd pooping on heh.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Queues on Bloodworthy was absolutely horrible the first week after pre-lauch, these days the worst queues i've had has been like 15 minutes at absolute primetime. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Trying turning of shadow effect. Worked wonders for me, and my pc is not to bad. Some say its mem leaks that causes a bit of a problem...

Culhwch on Frostclaw.
I have, but i'm still getting skill activation lag. :(

Really really sucks when you try to execute a reactionary ability... >.<

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I have, but i'm still getting skill activation lag. :(

Really really sucks when you try to execute a reactionary ability... >.<

Try playing a Scoundral from Dubai, with that added latency +200 mS. Trying to get back styles off in PvP with lag is a pain. Think I might reroll to Gunslinger or the Stormtrooper with the BFG (yeah i know it's called Commando) less issue with positional styles. My connection sits on 4 of the 5 bars on the in game indicator so not showing too bad from their side but still crap to play close up melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom