Where are my Ping Plots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes that happens when a particular router is set to not respond to pings.

100% packet loss (due to that sort of setting) is therefore not a problem (assuming you can communicate at all). Greater than 0% packet loss, and less than 100% packet loss, does tend to indicate real problems.

Darzil

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Depends, 100% packet loss with destination unreachable or network unreachable isn't ICMP blocking, and you can see one more thing: If the 100% packet loss comes and vanishes with time, or doesn't show up for everyone at the same time, then it is certanly a problem and not a block rule for such ping responses.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for double post, but forgot why I started to post now. The pingplotter data I linked now is on a link that is down at the moment will be back up soon.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
100% packet loss when you CAN communicate, does tend to not be a problem.

If you're getting network /destination unreachable, you won't be able to communicate.

Darzil

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers for this guys.

Just to confirm i get destination address unreachable and therefore no hops after hop 8 which is 213.120.192.161.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Snarks said:
Cheers for this guys.

Just to confirm i get destination address unreachable and therefore no hops after hop 8 which is 213.120.192.161.
Looks like it is your ISP that doesn't like ICMP traffic, in advanced options for ping plotter you can set it to use UDP based pings, UDP is used by most online games as a way to communicate, it has a few advantages over TCP.

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Looks like it is your ISP that doesn't like ICMP traffic, in advanced options for ping plotter you can set it to use UDP based pings, UDP is used by most online games as a way to communicate, it has a few advantages over TCP.

Hmm i've changed it to UDP and still get the same problem. Is anyone else getting similar results with BT?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
The title says it all really....

Please - it's getting tedious asking for the same thing and eventually I'll just let it drop.... :(

I have just submitted a couple of plots via Rightnow.

If you would like to checkout this thread in from the techincal section then youll find a few more if you need them.
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=37949

Feel free to contact me if you require the session data, or more plots or whatever.

Can I suggest that if you require more pingplots that you ask on the news pages and possibly spam other forums with a mail with all the relevent info in it. Using these tools would seem awkward even baffling to people who arent techically minded, and the vast majority of the server still dont know that they could help by doing this. Obviously this post seems togo someway towards that, but please dont be shy about telling people, make a nice sticky thread in the tech section, and put it on the news!

Hell make it a competition 100 plat to whoever gets the worst pingplot! You might get more people interested.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ah lol yep a trophy cloak then... worth more than plat anyway ;)

hows that :-

Attachments

• fecked.PNG
    fecked.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 253

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
That combined with this is LinkDead. I think. Or maybe just that 66%+ packetloss if it's constant.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
That combined with this is LinkDead. I think. Or maybe just that 66%+ packetloss if it's constant.

Your one looks a bit like a route change in progress, the 100% PL on your plot are from nodes that are no longer in the route (hence 100%PL and being on a line on their own with no node info...), so cheating a bit ;)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
but i already got a trophy cloak :( (pig ball 4thewin) anywho ive noticed prydwen been a lot better recently

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Strange things indeed

ok guys i'm now more bewildered as to what is happening with my connection than ever. Hopefully the following will explain the confusion.

1) Trying to ping the DAoC server results in no traffic going further than hop 8. Hops 3 through to 8 are through an organisation called Ripe Network Communication Centre.

2) Trying to ping the DAoC website camelot-europe.goa.com results in a completed loop via the Ripe Network Communication Centre. Hops 3 through 8 are same as before.

Question 1

Why am I getting results for the website but not the game server?

Question 2

Why does my route from south east of england jump to Holland and then back to London before progressing on a more standardised route to the website?

Question 3

Does anyone else route through Ripe NCC as I seem to be getting some higher rates through them but no major packet loss as yet?

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
The only lag I had yesterday was client-sided and hardly noticable. (Was hitting my download speed cap with a 4 gb download from my newsgroup server. 100% legit, of course!).

However, my system was rather stressed whenever I entered a zone-region (You have entered...) with a lot of players in it. Stupid slow laptop harddisks :/

popa

Fledgling Freddie
well i just reading the post and decide too test it pinging excalib ip and get next 100 ms -119 ms and after that boom 908
109ms, 24.11.2004, 21:35:09
193.252.123.33, 110ms, 24.11.2004, 21:35:11
193.252.123.33, 908ms, 24.11.2004, 21:35:14
193.252.123.33, 111ms, 24.11.2004, 21:35:15
193.252.123.33, 111ms, 24.11.2004, 21:35:18
193.252.123.33, 110ms, 24.11.2004, 21:35:19

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
After my ISP leveled out , i noticed that there was some crazy movement between :

That was on Prywd and Excal.

I dunno if anyone else is getting the same tho.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

I sincerely hope that you guys understand that without those ping plots the lag will NEVER EVER EVER go away.......

Please - it's getting tedious asking for the same thing and eventually I'll just let it drop.... :(
let put it clear 4 all of us
why ppl use ping tool fps tool ? wee need too see ping/lag/fps soo wee only can see it via tools
COUSE daoc show us the ping lag fps on colors PUT IT ON NUMERIC VALUE soo problem gone and ppl dont have too use ping tools and fps tools

:)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
popa said:
let put it clear 4 all of us
why ppl use ping tool fps tool ? wee need too see ping/lag/fps soo wee only can see it via tools
COUSE daoc show us the ping lag fps on colors PUT IT ON NUMERIC VALUE soo problem gone and ppl dont have too use ping tools and fps tools

:)
And those numeric values show you the source of the lag yes? /slap

echekiel

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

I sincerely hope that you guys understand that without those ping plots the lag will NEVER EVER EVER go away.

And I mean NEVER EVER EVER.

Please - it doesn't take a long time, I don't even need a lot (4 or 5 from different places showing problematic OpenTransit nodes is all I need!) and most importantly - without them, the lag will NEVER EVER EVER go away.

I can't really say it any clearer than that so clicky click:

http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

and get those ping plots to me! (erivoss (at) goa (dot) com or RightNow it under 'Life on your server').

Some server IPs:
Prydwen: 193.252.123.177
Excalibur: 193.252.123.33
Camlann: 193.252.123.147

so we do the job of Mythic/GoA ?
we didnt had problem be4 NF and its more than 1month thats there is a problem ppl here have a job or rl stuff to do so its really annoying to see mythic ask for ppl to do this for doing the repair maybe they want the player to go and repair it...
Maybe mythic are too occuped to hunt the cheater but more than 2year that i play and still lots of ppl who still cheat so i think its not the job of us to repair this its u to find where it come from and to repair it but if u prefer w8ting then CU in WoW :)

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Yes because it makes so much more sense for us to send people all over Europe to go into an internet cafe and spend 42 seconds making a pingplot to our servers... in stead of our helpfull players (and we have loads of helpfull players thanks guys!) spending those 42 seconds to help us deal with this problem.

Yes!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Good idea, I'll even give you a Trophy cloak for the character of your choice o_O. (really I'd love to give more but that's all I can get away with...)

Can i have a trophy cloak for putting up with the lag :)

:m00:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Do what they say, and otherwise don't play on the european servers.
It's not like you HAVE to pay 'em.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Do what they say, and otherwise don't play on the european servers.
It's not like you HAVE to pay 'em.

true i have a choice, i will be using it :)

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Yes because it makes so much more sense for us to send people all over Europe to go into an internet cafe and spend 42 seconds making a pingplot to our servers... in stead of our helpfull players (and we have loads of helpfull players thanks guys!) spending those 42 seconds to help us deal with this problem.

Yes!
Out of interest, how many pingplots have you got now?
Have you enough for the appropriate party to identify the problem components in the OpenTransit infrastructure, if that is the problem?
If you have enough pingplots to identify the problem, what happens next?

Any further info much appreciated.

Regards,
Sift.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Just got this, had to log off lag was so bad. :(
pingplot.png

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Living in same country as Casiraghi, using another ISP I made this
almost at the same time as Casiraghi did his, just to show the difference.

Attachments

• 193.252.123.33.png
    193.252.123.33.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 92

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Pingplots of working connections do not help i suppose? (I have the plotter running all the time but he doesn't turn yellow or red)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Casiraghi said:
[ PingPlot ]
yet another one:
The route shows up clear. There's some stress on hop #1 (your PC/connection to the internet) which means that you were either downloading something at the same time, or something's not properly configured.

Danya's plot, however, clearly shows some heavy problems at OT's london router;

Name: So2-2-0.LONCR1.London.opentransit.net
Address: 193.251.241.105

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom