Where are all the NS's ? :o

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by Amadon
grouped with cloak a fair amount and damn he rocks :p

even when our group gets rolled by a zerg, most of the time i get a few rps at least from cloak killing some poor sod or two.. and he gets more deathspam than i do :( (ok well maybe not but it's a lot and i'm a mage ffs)

Lub u Ama :wub: :fluffle:

K

Kicks

My Shade is inc been focusing on lvling recently and not much time to play cept on weekends etc.

They are damn useful in RvR grps imo usually the last killed when group gets mezzed and the one that can cause prolly the most pain. SH adds to the usefulness aswell spotting an Alb stealther zerg = v.handy

Its the Ns's = useless, no group value kinda attitude that I hate it put ppl off playing the single most fun class in Hib if not the game. 99% of the ppl who say that crap have no experiance of playing a NS and in most cases of even grping with them.

Shades are the single hardest class to lvl, they don't have the solo potential of Rangers or the grouping abilities or anything else. Would be nice if some people could offer us some support eh.

Rant over :)

btw I love my shade and will be killing an alb near u soon :) only 6.5 lvls to go

E

Erekrose

Originally posted by Darkdancer.
Played my shade for 14 months now, decided I needed a second char for a different rvr experience so now Im making a menty, only rvr I do at mo is clearing the gorge of stealthers.

What level is ur menty dd?

A

Aloca

I often RvR in guild grps or go solo. not often that i join a random grp.
IG has about 4-5 lvl 50 shades now i think :) and alot of rangers :) (tho army taken 2 including me)

But most fun in rvr for a shade is in a stealth grp. maybe with a druid/bard near that can heal/ress/buff

V

VodkaFairy

I think it's a bit unfair to say nightshades aren't tanks. Trust me if you PA the cleric or healer it's like an insta-aoe-taunt. Died soo often because of this, but it gave the group a very nice stack to aoe. :p

A

Aloca

Agree with insta aoe taunt :)
ususal figth for me often ends up both sides insta heal get used.
pa mage=insta healed mage. then the aoe taunt that will make you get atleast 3tanks 1-2mages on you (oh that is almost a entire grp :) ) = insta heal used on me or dead :D :)

A

Anu

Roll on 1.60 & being able to load 2 acct's on 1 PC :D

Already got my lvl 50 Druid.. and a lvl 10 NS on my 2nd acct.. I'm ready to roll :D

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
I think it's a bit unfair to say nightshades aren't tanks. Trust me if you PA the cleric or healer it's like an insta-aoe-taunt. Died soo often because of this, but it gave the group a very nice stack to aoe. :p

Depends if u resist the instas :p

V

VodkaFairy

What insta's? Granted an insta does stick after all the insane resists there's still something called purge :p

My attack speed is capped so my target is probably stunned after 1.5 secs, pretty hard to get an insta in before that. If I stun an important class for the enemy for 7 secs I don't care I get to watch while messed :D

C

Cloak_

PBAoE Mezz from Cleric - Requires no target
Insta Mezz + Stun from healers.

If ur capping your att spd then you must be using fast weps..

IE ur not doing the dmg that you should be doing by using a Guarded Rapier.

With a good crit I can 1shot a mage/shammy, thats my job, then onto anytime styles to harass other mages/healers.

My job isnt to stun some1 out of the fight for 7secs

to coin a phrase

there's still something called purge

your there to kill them as fast as poss,,

As a NS I think 10 points for purge is a waste.

regards Cloak..

D

Darkdancer.

will you bloody get to 50 m8 by god you deserve it :)

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by N07ABL3
With a good crit I can 1shot a mage/shammy, thats my job, then onto anytime styles to harass other mages/healers.

Only thing I'd like to point out is don't piss about with anytime's unless the enemy insists on staying front of you :p

Positional is king :)

V

VodkaFairy

Critical Strike line only has 1 positional move and but the damage is crap and end usage is very high. Pierce positionals do (I think) less damage than the CS anytime styles :p

C

Cloak_

Dont have time or QB space to mess about with pos styles m8 ;)

Plus CS styles do *alot* of dmg :p

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Critical Strike line only has 1 positional move and but the damage is crap and end usage is very high. Pierce positionals do (I think) less damage than the CS anytime styles :p

Pincer actually does nice dmg,, but not as much as garrote/Achilles.

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
dragonfang ;)

I aint spending 10 points just for the occasional meetings with Infils :rolleyes:

If i get my PA in 1st they 95% of the time dead neway

C

Cloak_

I know Eb,, i just dont think its worth 10 points

D

dangle

I was also very very sceptical about spending 10 pts on purge just after the IP loss patch, but i went ahead with it and for me there is no looking back, i think its 1 of the best RAs there is, not just for dragonfang infs (think ive only been dragon fanged 3 times in total in all my time in rvr, 1 by ninjastyle and i think twice by pin:) id say its best uses are when u fight buffed scouts while u are unbuffed and they slam quite easily, also when u are mezzed standing watching an enemy caster wipe out your whole grp:)

C

Cloak_

I just dont think i would use it,

Cant say I remember ever being dragonfanged, Killed ninjastyle a few times now, dont think ive met Pin 1 on 1 yet :rolleyes:

If a scout manages to slam me, my group should be close to help.

If you get mezzed while in stealth,, then well playd to them, dont think 10 points covers enough for me to worth spending into it.

I dont solo alot nemore though.. If i solod more then yes id buy purge.

Id rather spend points to deal more dmg - MoP WA etc than have a timed ability

T

Tyka

You all talking about how you can be good in 1 on 1 situations, now ask yourself what you can do in groups, imo nightshades are not a viable class for the perfect rvr group but thats just me.

So far the best nightshades i had in my group have been ebonn and "new" iziz, not sure about ebonns spec but i know iziz 1 shot mages and always unstealthed infils that were just about to PA me.

C

Cloak_

If you dont include a nightshade then your group cannot be *perfect*

W/O a NS with SH in your group you will miss alot of invaders :- hence your not perfect.

Im talking about being in a group,

*fact* you dont always 1 shot mages
*fact* w/o SH you will miss invaders and have your postion compromised then you yell at em for using radar :rolleyes:
*fact* NS can do more dmg than a tank (just not frontload barring PA)

Im guessing BM`s shudnt be in your *perfect* group either

T

Tyka

Wow i miss 1 scout because no one in my group have SH, oh lord!

Not sure about your definition of a perfect group but for me it is 8 players that know how each other person work in different situations. And MY OPINION is that nightshades does not fit in anywhere, read what i said.

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by Tyka

Not sure about your definition of a perfect group but for me it is 8 players that know how each other person work in different situations. And MY OPINION is that nightshades does not fit in anywhere, read what i said.

o wait,, im a NS I forgot to hand in my common sense at the door... :rolleyes:

So because i play a NS I dont know how other ppl function in a group hmm lol

Btw, no need to caps up some letters, not like Id miss em,, i have SH ya know :p

Now who has no fukin idea about who is in emain :rolleyes:

Maybe stop bitching about radar and give some luri lub ;)

Perfect - Flawless

W/O SH u are flawed to a certain extent.

Then again, noones perfect :m00:

K

Kicks

Originally posted by Tyka

ever seen an alb stealth zerg?

oh wait :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom