Where are all the NS's ? :o

A

Arrows

givf Silent Death all level 50 Nightshades and Rangers who cant get groups ! :)

A

amie

working on my NS atm :) lvl 46 will be 50 in a week or so

A

Aironima

If U wanna play NS in a RvR skirmish grp.

Dont use PA, unless u got a bard with a nice mezz-skill. Then u can stealth, pick target and PA etc.

Otherwise... just charge the closest mage / healer and go crazy with your fast attacks and insta. Use /stick. A buffed NS will leave little or no room for the mage to nuke / root etc. I usually kill the mage without a single spell casts from the mage.
And besides... u r making the rest of the invaders worried, which will keep them a bit occupied to get rid of u. Which are hard cus of the evade ability =)
And besides... the poisons are very nice. Lifebane + desease is a nice combo.

Dont underrestimate NS´s in RvR :)

S

saltymcpepper

I found it better to stealth at first sight and own the mage whos nuking your people for 500 a pop :cool: .
This also makes the tanks run about like headless chickens if you are in the middle of their healers/mages causing all kinds of hell

A

Aironima

hmm

Ive found the mage / healer is usually runing around, and u dont make anythign usefull walking around stealthed.

C

Chameleon

I cancelled my subscription about 4 weeks after dinging 50 with my NS, Zenich. It took me over a year to get to 50 cos of the well known grouping difficulties of being an ns. I was offered Pl'ing once or twice, but didn't cos that's not what the game is all about.
I struggled through 40-50 thinking that it would be better when I got to 50 and could rvr. Unfortunately this is not the case. 99% of the time, no one wanted me in their group and thought ns's were shit. This wasn't the worst thing though ..... the worst thing was that everyone seemed to assume that you made an ns cos you wanted to spend all your time solo in rvr, which for me certainly wasn't the case. It was bad enough having to solo so much to get to level 50 in pve ..... why would I want to solo in rvr too? It's a socialable type game, but the ns is treated like an outcast. Even if I had wanted to solo, there was no point, as people who simply refuse to accept losing would create themselves a buffbot ... something I neither had the time to do, nor would have felt right doing. So when solo in rvr, 99% of potential targets (even if you could find someone solo) were impossible to beat.
That kind of leaves you with not many options, other than sitting at an rvr portal/starting point, asking for groups and being rejected, or levelling another character cos no one likes this one.

That's why personally, as a 50 ns, you dont see me about. I'd guess that I am not the only one who experienced/experiences this.
I don't want to sound like a prophet of doom, but my advice to anyone levelling an ns is, forget it now and make another class, any class.

W

warshade

I've been away from the whole nightshade thing and away from excal RvR for many months now, but from when I was there, it just seemed that the only people that had patience for the nightshades, were stealthers.

When you're in a group with speed, a stealther going to scout takes a lot longer than the group is willing to wait. Not to mention checking milegates walls etc. Usually I found myself alone, with the group having come and gone, or never having come at all, to the places that they asked me to scout.

Not to mention people never listening... tell someone there are a billion stars in the sky and they'll believe you, tell them that there's 3fgs at the milegate, and 9 times out of 10, they have to come see for themselves.

It's different for the infils and SBs, when they don't get a good rvr group, they port to emain and go solo or make stealther groups, but running / stealthing there as a NS takes ages without decent speed. (yes hibs can port to odins/hadrians - but face it - emain is the main rvr area)

With increased keep ping pong, it does become a lot more fun, and it is one of the seemingly few times that NSs are loved, but that only makes up a small percentage of RvR time. I'm sure they'll become all the more valuable in keep warfare once minstrels get wall climb, but next to rangers, as the most difficult class to level, people will keep losing interest in them faster than they appear.

or maybe that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by Exiled
:clap: :m00: giv more fem luri NS in leather for moi :D

Bad married midget!

L

lofff

Originally posted by Danyan
Cleric > shammie tbh. The spec af buff is more useful than a damage shield. ;)

<swears sth about end regen buffs>

A

Aeiedil

Re: ..

Originally posted by Aironima
If U wanna play NS in a RvR skirmish grp.

Dont use PA, unless u got a bard with a nice mezz-skill. Then u can stealth, pick target and PA etc.

Otherwise... just charge the closest mage / healer and go crazy with your fast attacks and insta. Use /stick. A buffed NS will leave little or no room for the mage to nuke / root etc. I usually kill the mage without a single spell casts from the mage.
And besides... u r making the rest of the invaders worried, which will keep them a bit occupied to get rid of u. Which are hard cus of the evade ability =)
And besides... the poisons are very nice. Lifebane + desease is a nice combo.

Dont underrestimate NS´s in RvR :)

tbh i prefer the opposite, a forgotten shade can be very dangerous, a visible shade is easy to stun/mez or whatever. its very easy to take out 2-3 mages very fast while they nuke your group when you jump on them, and if you stealth when the enemies come to view you are with your group and if you were seen you can be discarded as a lag ghost

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by RobbanPobban
I deleted to make a SB for a change. NS's sure is fun but i got tired after RR4L8 rvr solo in dodens. Dodens made me love mid more and more ;) and i can tell ya i've met alot of old NSs in Mid playing SBs. and shammie is the best buffbot imo!

omfg, just what mid/excal needs....more sbs... ;\

E

Exiled

joy more sb, bit like having termites, and then finding another nest in the shed

I

inuyasha

Well well :D

Im leveling my bard with kobolds nightshade and hestethuns druid =)

will prolly bring you a ns in the long run saadyst, but he comes with a package! =)

V

VodkaFairy

Bah if you keep DF open for a week or 3 I'd be most thankfull. Solo'ing in DF is the only proper exp I can get... :p

It's better exp solo'ing in the frontier than exp'ing on mobs outside df :p

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Bah if you keep DF open for a week or 3 I'd be most thankfull. Solo'ing in DF is the only proper exp I can get... :p

It's better exp solo'ing in the frontier than exp'ing on mobs outside df :p

I offer the services of my uber leet lvl17 bard for when you soloing :p

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by stormriderx
I offer the services of my uber leet lvl17 bard for when you soloing :p

If we group I'm not solo'ing anymore :D

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
If we group I'm not solo'ing anymore :D

True :p

but if you need the services of a afk end song 2 bard you know who to call :p this generous offer goes out to all high level chars :D

I

inuyasha

ok

Originally posted by stormriderx
True :p

but if you need the services of a afk end song 2 bard you know who to call :p this generous offer goes out to all high level chars :D

Then when im soloing with my bard, i can bring your bard for end regen, ill remember that...... :clap:

And Vodka, dont solo! =)
Rather waste an hour getting a team, its worth it :clap:

V

VodkaFairy

Not when you can play from 5 to 6 pm and from 8 to 10 pm. Rest of the time daoc's still blocked.

S

StormriderX

Re: ok

Originally posted by inuyasha
Then when im soloing with my bard, i can bring your bard for end regen, ill remember that...... :clap:

Well so long as I get some xp whilst watching dvd's Im ok with that :p

D

dangle

This is to the NS who dont got buffbots and are saying they cant do much solo coz of all the buffed stealthers out there, get avoid pain lv 2 and purge:) it might not work against the top assasins who are rr7+ are fully buffed but id say 70% of the time it will bring u out on top no matter what the buffs. true NS has no space in the rvr guild grps, but imo the best fun by far to be had with a NS is in defended keep takes and stealther grps and if u look at little deeper than just trying to get the usual emain grp u might surprise yourself, i certainly did:) I guess im just posting this cause it saddens me to hear ppl quitting their NS because its not quite what they expected after u hit the big 50, i myself felt the same at times when i just started rvr, but i never gave up and im so glad, i got myself a char i love and if the usual emain grp dont want me? fine, theres many ways to have fun with this char:)

dangleberryfinn, proud to be a nightshade

V

VodkaFairy

I think level 50 will be exactely what I expect of it.

Tried my luck against some level 50 people, and I'm severely hurting them before I go down myself. Almost killed an armsman that slammed me, he had like 5% health left. Also killed a level 50 infiltrator somehow.. If I get my PA chain in there's not much that can stop me in a 1-on-1.

So when I'm level 50 by damage output will be better, and I can take more hits. I'm already happy with my nightshade in RvR now and I still have 4 levels to go :)

K

Kobold

I'm lvling my NS atm, currently at lvl 38.....so more luri stabpower inc soonish :D

Btw I out-tank the usual champion or BM :p

Had only great experiences with this NS so far.
Xept one time in BG3 when I met a SB...I PAed him....2nd PA chain...garrote....evadechain....etc. He swinged a few Left Axe styles and pwned me :( I was same lvl as he, and had all my stats capped with SC. Nerf SB's kthx :m00:

G

Gahldir

NSs having no room in a RvR group is just some old myth that have followed from the PvE where NSs was, and prolly still is:(, considered as total useless. But those who think so I kinda bet have, if some at all, very little expereince from the work of a good NS.:)

K

Kobold

To play a NS well, require alot of practicing and "skills". I recon it is much harder to play a good NS than to play a good mage or tank or whatever (maybe not bard :p ).

It have everything to say what styles you use when...when to stealth unstealth, and who, how to critikal stike on what target etc...if something fails it usually ends with u getting pwned. I'm really looking forward to enjoy the challenge of playing a NS. Cause it's a really good class if you play it right :D

O

old.Laryssa

stopped mine at 37 :(

became a Alchemy Bot ... :(

cba with finding groups ... ;) :) :D
perhaps someday my Mara will ding 50 :D

A

Amadon

grouped with cloak a fair amount and damn he rocks :p

even when our group gets rolled by a zerg, most of the time i get a few rps at least from cloak killing some poor sod or two.. and he gets more deathspam than i do :( (ok well maybe not but it's a lot and i'm a mage ffs)

i think we should try make more of an effort to get shades into groups (yet again), and just make them feel more welcome in the realm etc (yes this has all been said before)

that said, I think that a group with more than 2 rogues (unless it's a rogue only group) loses too much defensive capacity, and your mages will die too quickly. Being one of those mages, I prefer to have 1 rogue in a group :p

D

Darkdancer.

Played my shade for 14 months now, decided I needed a second char for a different rvr experience so now Im making a menty, only rvr I do at mo is clearing the gorge of stealthers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom