when will paladins get 2000 range end chant? or atleast 1500? (art inside!)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Silverblast said:
Comon less stereotyping :(, not all albs zerg; only 90% of them do! :D
Yeah, but all WLs are still retards IRL, right??

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
I'd give up enchanter baseline-light DD for baseline-light lifetap. I'd give up instant-DD for 2,5x specpoints on my nightshade etc etc.

Thing is, not all realms are the same. Some points in Albion are stronger, some are weaker. Same for all realms. I bet friars would give up their group-HoT for group-Celerity etc etc.

I would give up anything for Banshee 233 dd base line.
Also would be nice if wizzard could debuff his own dmg.
And it would be great if Theu, Wizz and Cabby had a base line stun.

But all the above dont effect the groups performance, on the other hand endurance can effect the performance of the group. From my experiance the only one that make full use of the endurance it the one that i'm Bodyguarding and the is not alowed to run....
100% of the time alb tanks are fighting too far from the paladin to make use of endurance chant.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I'd give up enchanter baseline-light DD for baseline-light lifetap. I'd give up instant-DD for 2,5x specpoints on my nightshade etc etc.

Thing is, not all realms are the same. Some points in Albion are stronger, some are weaker. Same for all realms. I bet friars would give up their group-HoT for group-Celerity etc etc.

Point is that enchanter baseline is still a good spell (not as good as sorcs/cabbys baseline lifetap indeed), meanwhile pally end chant is almost useless because of the gimped radius.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:
Also would be nice if wizzard could debuff his own dmg.
And it would be great if Theu, Wizz and Cabby had a base line stun.

But all the above dont effect the groups performance, on the other hand endurance can effect the performance of the group. From my experiance the only one that make full use of the endurance it the one that i'm Bodyguarding and the is not alowed to run....
100% of the time alb tanks are fighting too far from the paladin to make use of endurance chant.

its "only" 223 delve :[
every realm get self debuffer, its not the wizard but the caba which debuffs for LAJFTAP spells, aint bad
every alb caster got some high range stuff (pets, nearsight, bolt, mezz) instead of stun, so they do fine imo (xpect necro who is just melee immune)

:-p

though i found 1000 range endchant sucky aswell, its just way too low should be 1500.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i remember fighting AD. i was on champ, lethul on theurg. i could afford to be a wanker and just stick him, enjoy the sight of him struggling to get away. using qc root when i already had my finger ready on purge, instant spells to interrupt him as soon as he wanted to cast anything

while ive been stuck to him ive seen him use more endpots than i use on my champ in half a year, just to kite. paladin end sucks, 1k range is totally worthless. i think 1.5k is acceptable considering its instant, but i wouldnt whine if it was 2k either. bard doesnt need power to use end, so they can instantly play it after pr or egg and so on

Ging

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:
Well the chances that it effect 30+ albs if you have a croc ring are really high.

Chants are not shared by croc ring.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:

Really? That's nice that you're giving up anything just for getting our DD boosted by 10 delve. :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
wizards are a lot of fun but quite obsolete in fg rvr, cabalists can do all they can and better - except for bolts. but the way a caster is played matters more than anything - thats why classes considered 'gimp' like wizard and to certain extent chanter (not anymore, but a while ago chanter was out of question for any fotm setup) can be played amazingly well by the right player

Septina

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
wizards are a lot of fun but quite obsolete in fg rvr, cabalists can do all they can and better - except for bolts. but the way a caster is played matters more than anything - thats why classes considered 'gimp' like wizard and to certain extent chanter (not anymore, but a while ago chanter was out of question for any fotm setup) can be played amazingly well by the right player

Any monkey can press DPS debuff :(

Sorry, couldnt resist xD

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Adianna said:
Really? That's nice that you're giving up anything just for getting our DD boosted by 10 delve. :)

Wizzard, Theurgist, Sorc and Cabbalist best base line damage is 179 DD.

223-179 = 44.

* Wizz and Theu ones dont have a lifetap component.

Also Sorc body spec lvl 45 = 209 dd
Theu Air spec lvl 45 = 209 dd
Wizz fire spec lvl 47 = 219 dd

SO you get for free something that alb casters cant get even if they spent all their spec point for it. I quess thats balance for you?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:

223-179 = 44.

SO you get for free something that alb casters cant get even if they spent all their spec point for it. I quess thats balance for you?

You get lifetap for free though, something hib casters (except animists and *cough* valewalkers *cough*, but shit delve, shit return, low level) can't get even if they spend all their spec points for it. I guess thats balance for you?

I am pretty sure most bainshees would rather have cabby/sorc base lifetap than a higher delve normal nuke.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
You get lifetap for free though, something hib casters (except animists and *cough* valewalkers *cough*, but shit delve, shit return, low level) can't get even if they spend all their spec points for it. I guess thats balance for you?

I am pretty sure most bainshees would rather have cabby/sorc base lifetap than a higher delve normal nuke.

Yes plz!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vermillon said:

223-179 = 44.

Explain DD179 baseline lifetap then. Hibs cant even spec for a lifetap at all :O Or the fact in oldschool Mid and Alb had DD219 specnukes, but Hibs DD209.

If DD209 vs DD219 wasnt a big deal (never heard Hibs whine about it much) then surely DD23 vs DD219 aint a big deal either :O

And as said, each realm has its unique thing. Dismissing paladin-endurance as 'entirely useless' is just plain bollocks. It is inferiour to other endurance, yes. Guess what, loads of stuff in all three realms is inferiour to others abilities.

Also saying lifetap vs normal DD isnt 'game breaking' but endurance-range is: Surely if a caster MOC's with lifetap he's tremendously harder to kill then someone who MOC's with a normal DD. Caba vs Chanter, both go MOC, surely the caba wins everytime ? Also dont forget that lifetaps have a hidden 5% extra DPS next to their faster casting-times generally.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Also saying lifetap vs normal DD isnt 'game breaking' but endurance-range is: Surely if a caster MOC's with lifetap he's tremendously harder to kill then someone who MOC's with a normal DD. Caba vs Chanter, both go MOC, surely the caba wins everytime ?

Only if it purges/it's stun immune. :p

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Explain DD179 baseline lifetap then. Hibs cant even spec for a lifetap at all :O Or the fact in oldschool Mid and Alb had DD219 specnukes, but Hibs DD209.

If DD209 vs DD219 wasnt a big deal (never heard Hibs whine about it much) then surely DD23 vs DD219 aint a big deal either :O

And as said, each realm has its unique thing. Dismissing paladin-endurance as 'entirely useless' is just plain bollocks. It is inferiour to other endurance, yes. Guess what, loads of stuff in all three realms is inferiour to others abilities.

Also saying lifetap vs normal DD isnt 'game breaking' but endurance-range is: Surely if a caster MOC's with lifetap he's tremendously harder to kill then someone who MOC's with a normal DD. Caba vs Chanter, both go MOC, surely the caba wins everytime ? Also dont forget that lifetaps have a hidden 5% extra DPS next to their faster casting-times generally.

Dont fking cry about lifetap then, if you want moc lifetappers just bring in a couple of animists into the grp? It's plain and utter bullshit saying that paladin end chant is "ok" just because there is supposed to be difference between the realms. The paladin end chant is also inferior because of the power usage and their gimped radius. Up the radius to 1.5-2k but keep the power cost and everyone would be happy.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
i remember fighting AD. i was on champ, lethul on theurg. i could afford to be a wanker and just stick him, enjoy the sight of him struggling to get away. using qc root when i already had my finger ready on purge, instant spells to interrupt him as soon as he wanted to cast anything

while ive been stuck to him ive seen him use more endpots than i use on my champ in half a year, just to kite. paladin end sucks, 1k range is totally worthless. i think 1.5k is acceptable considering its instant, but i wouldnt whine if it was 2k either. bard doesnt need power to use end, so they can instantly play it after pr or egg and so on

Rep point to you. Too bad not all hibs can understand this :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
true, must be embarassing to die to a group with a monkey in it :(

VF in e-peen shocker.... what a surprise xD

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Paladin end chant sure has its drawbacks (like having to grp a paladin ;)) but when i just think about all the small things albs have, like the reaverbomb (and abs debuff), like a 6 sec stun after an anytimer on crushmercs, platearmor, sorcs beeing the ultimate castmezzer that is able to baselifedrain at nearly the same amount as a darkspecced spiritmaster while having charmed pets and beeing able to turn on immunity, cabalists debuffing their own baseline lifedrain, wizzes having the ultimate damage line, with bolt and 219 spec dd in it, heretics raidkiller rezz etc etc i just can't understand the discussion...

Do you wanna tell us alb is underpowered coz the paladin end chant is limited to 1000 range ?
Every realm has to use the tools they were given, and i don't think alb has inferior tools, do you ?

Btw, nice drawing zzang :)

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Celestino said:
Every realm has to use the tools they were given, and i don't think alb has inferior tools, do you ?

Your post wasnt biased at all dude.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Celestino said:
Paladin end chant sure has its drawbacks (like having to grp a paladin ;)) but when i just think about all the small things albs have, like the reaverbomb (and abs debuff), like a 6 sec stun after an anytimer on crushmercs, platearmor, sorcs beeing the ultimate castmezzer that is able to baselifedrain at nearly the same amount as a darkspecced spiritmaster while having charmed pets and beeing able to turn on immunity, cabalists debuffing their own baseline lifedrain, wizzes having the ultimate damage line, with bolt and 219 spec dd in it, heretics raidkiller rezz etc etc i just can't understand the discussion...

Do you wanna tell us alb is underpowered coz the paladin end chant is limited to 1000 range ?

Btw, nice drawing zzang :)

No but this discussion is about the paladins 1000 range end chant, and more specifically in a fg vs fg fight where the pally is normally the bg'er and unable to supply end to the mercs due to this range issue.

let me give u an example

...............................................1500 range
Mids <------------------------------------------->Albs

Mids support + casters................................... Albs Support +casters/BG
Alb Mercs........................................................Zerks/Svges
No endo..............................................................Endo

From a lighttank pov endo regen is a must as nearly every target will attempt to kite, the mids shammy is able to move freely about where as the pally is tied to his support ready for BG duties. 1000 range is absolutly pointless to the extent you have to use pots and charged items which prevents things liek battler being used. So yes the 1000 range on pally endo is woefully inadequate for the job. Only if u run a bg friar (lasts about 5 sec more than a caster with assist train) and pally goes on offence with the mercs - which is the AD setup will the mercs have end regen. But there are not many active bg friars. Most fo the time i'd take a friar over a pally if we have a single spot mainly because i rarly get endo and thus the benefit of having the pally over the friar.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Calaclya said:
Only if u run a bg friar (lasts about 5 sec more than a caster with assist train) and pally goes on offence with the mercs - which is the AD setup will the mercs have end regen. But there are not many active bg friars. Most fo the time i'd take a friar over a pally if we have a single spot mainly because i rarly get endo and thus the benefit of having the pally over the friar.
heh friars last about the same time as wardens and I havent died to a tank train in ages, infact not many grps even try killing me anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom