When its a zerg

• Thread starter old.MikhailGudlik
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyka

Originally posted by stunned
Tyka do You denie running in more then 2 FGs and zerging !?

edit: thx for the opening

Sometimes when it has gone too far, we bring other guilds to help us, like when there is absolutey nothing to do, but usually i rather log or do pve when there is way too many for our 2fgs to handle, i dont see the competition in it.

My point is, that i said 1 billion times, we don't bring more people than the enemy if it is not needed!

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Tyka
fight fire with fire.

I've always found water to be far more effective when it comes to fighting fires. Maybe thats just me though ;)

F

flue

You are really thick stunned, listen, when there is NOT NEEDED, we DO NOT run in more than 1fg, compared to RG, got it?

In some situations a zerg is needed, here is what happened one early morning a week ago.

I wake up, setup 1 full group and go to emain, we meet 4-5 RG ppl, gank them, see some alb group, fair fight but we win in the end. 30 mins later guess what, RG ZERG INC THREE FULL GROUPS.

I mean seriously, are you totally dumb? There is only us roaming emain with 1fg, there is absolutely no need to bring that many people, since 1fg SHOULD be a challenge for you.

Try to understand, please!

Counter zerg with zerg, counter 1fg with 1fg, fight fire with fire.
totally agree with you at times you need a zerg for exp to break out of a milegate or to kill off an enemy zerg then most ppl break up and roam

RG never break up after doing what a zerg is needed for and you get more ppl taggin onto you zerg grows ppl get pissed off and dont go emain or flame RG silly and your actually suprised by this

tyka is right you really are thick

S

stunned

Originally posted by flue
totally agree with you at times you need a zerg for exp to break out of a milegate or to kill off an enemy zerg then most ppl break up and roam

RG never break up after doing what a zerg is needed for and you get more ppl taggin onto you zerg grows ppl get pissed off and dont go emain or flame RG silly and your actually suprised by this

tyka is right you really are thick

I normally don´t explain things to zits like You stuck in my behind. But since You are so persistant.
1. RG never have a tail.
2. Last few weeks issue have been about Rg zerging and others don´t.

Got it ? If not read some posts.

As to Tyka, since You obviously can discuss in a civil manner. Why didn´t You set that standard 2 weeks ago?

P

PiSi

Hmzz thougt a little about the zerg threads and considered the situation in a different way...

Lets say each realm have 50 ppl in emain.. which makes 6 fg and some soloers..
And all of em wants to roam 1fg.. which makes 18 fg running seperate from each other..

Prolly numbers will be higher then this in prime time but 18 fg in total is nuff for my assumption..

When u consider the terrain in emain those groups will meet each other often.. and prolly most of the time some groups will see other 1fg's fightin with each other..

So think of urself, ur running as a fg and see 2 groups in combat and ur close nuff to join the fight.. can u hold ur group back from the fight? prolly this will end up in new coming group joining fight and beatin other group 2 fg against 1 fg..

The scenario above might happen.. and there is no zerg no 4+ fg's no alb zergs no Mid zergs etc. but still there is a problem..

Why am I tellin this ?? dunno just came to my mind and wanted to write here..
So only running as single fg's might not solve the problem especially while the population of server increasing and lots of new lvl50's coming..

The solution is to edit the Frontiers a little bit to make them attractive then emain.. Consider Hadrian's almost empty all the time.. Odin's some nice fights taking place but still u can see all realms zerging time to time.. ( this includes hibs aswell )

Another point about zergs.. Hibs dont zerg emain much .. yes reason ?? cuz its hard to organise 4-5 + fg's run in the same time all the way to emain.. most of the time some groups w8 for ld's .. some groups cant find a bard and stay at druim ligen to w8 1 etc.

Some guild groups form 2+ fgs especially Vengeance these days.. ( not whining its their right to bring as many as they can to survive or to win so dont mind ) I played in hib for 6 months so I'm aware of some complications that they face against zergs.. Most dominant reason about lack of Guild zergs from hib is they dont have sufficient numbers.. They dont recruit all ppl just cuz they'r 50 which makes em considerably weak against zergz..

Nuff with hib...

Consider Albs or Mids @ emain..

Do we come ot from MTK with an idea of zerg in our minds ?? Tbh NO ! In prime time there are a lot of ppl on telepad we port to emain.. and then it comes.. 4-6 fg's infront of Mtk.. they all start buffing etc. then they start running, prolly this happens in same times.. Some groups w/o CC wants to stick other groups with healer.. ( which is not smthin to blame ) and here it comes.. Zerg..

All groups departed from Mtk goes to Amg first to check if there are any albs there.. ( same for hibs aswell ) so what happens is called zerg..

Sometimes alliance msg's comes 3+ fgs albs @ MMG etc. and all ppl start running there.. this makes a zerg too.. all groups use the shortest path to MMG from AMG so can u blame them for running together in shortest path to enemy ?..

Prolly same with albs too..

I know this is a loong post but pls forgive me as I'm writing to BW for the first time.. Have been reading all the posts for long time but just opened my Forum acc today..

As for the RG zerging or using Radar posts..

I have been in RG for 3 months now maybe more maybe a little less.. Most of the time I provide speed to leading group.. I know many times we roam at emain to find enemies for long time without any single fight.. Most of the time we use absurd places to rebuff and sometimes stumble over other buffing or resting groups, soloers etc.. Think this is not enuff evidence to call a guild cheater.. We've owned by hibs or albs many times in strange places and strange positions many time, never opened a thread here to blame those ppl.. So pls drop those radar etc. issues.. U would know that none of us use radar if u were in RG and see that urself.. its really easy to come here and blame ppl without any evidence.. We have many Sb's in RG going solo all the time and telling all they see at guild chat with locations directions etc. Sometimes in strange places somtimes in common places but they report all the time..

And about zerg..
We are a big guild.. 25-40 ppl online depending on time.. Sometime we cant even find nuff ppl to start 1 single RvR group somtimes we have lots of ppl @ emain to make 3 fg's so its not right to say RG zerging all the time.. if we have the numbers to form groups we make em cuz we enjoy playing together.. thats why guilds are for.. When we have 2-3 fg we go for 4-5 fg albs.. sometime win sometime loose.. but never come here to post oww albs zerging we got pwned etc...

I dont like zergs too but cant do anything about it... if we dont make a counter zerg what do you want us to do.. port back run die and port again to repeat it again ? Sure we'll wait other groups or call other guildies to RvR... This is not a perma solution but what else can we do ? We try odin's but odin's is not that much good if u consider the area to be small and most of the time fights take place at MG's.. so if there are alrdy 20-30+ mids there we dont wanto to go there cuz there's no place for more ppl there..

About the Mikhail's question..
It's not right to give numbers for a zerg.. Its somthing logical for most of the ppl.. if ur running 4 fg's and hit 5 fg's others are zerging for u.. If u run 4 fg's and hit 1-2 fg's ur zerging for them...

So no need to say 2 fgs is called zerg etc.. If u are beated by larger numbers then u have its always called Zerg !! ( for most ppl )

Sorry for writing such a long post....

F

flue

this post dumbshit is about me flaming you because you flamed another guild based on total bullshit
and you talking total shite about RG not been a zerg guild and calling other guild lame for zerging
and who you callin a zit you pathetic excuse for a lifeform tell me as a member of the human race myself tell me what its like to be an outsider

moral of all the post's is simple instead of lashing out at other guilds with unsubstanciated shite that there not guilty of when you clearly do said thing yourself then call others names ect for tellin you so clearly marks you as a bunch of buttmuching hypocrits and you dam well know it

pawned yet again

F

flue

thank you pisi finally a redguard who can make an intelegent post iv warmed to you already :)

R

-RG-Jaond

this post dumbshit is about me flaming you because you flamed another guild based on total bullshit
and you talking total shite about RG not been a zerg guild and calling other guild lame for zerging
and who you callin a zit you pathetic excuse for a lifeform tell me as a member of the human race myself tell me what its like to be an outsider

moral of all the post's is simple instead of lashing out at other guilds with unsubstanciated shite that there not guilty of when you clearly do said thing yourself then call others names ect for tellin you so clearly marks you as a bunch of buttmuching hypocrits and you dam well know it

pawned yet again

oh started to cry?.....

M

MesS°

Originally posted by PiSi
ALOT OF STUFF

Ye ur right PiSi but thats not fun to whine about about...

Btw. can someone promote PiSi to "talks to much" ?

F

flue

oh goodie ...does it hurt ? does it hurt bad ? GOOD !!!!!!

K

K0nah

its not RGs fault they're the biggest RvR guild on the server :(

actually read what Rnz posted instead of name calling after the first sentance. an RvR guild with 25-40 members online is bad news for emain. RG guys plz consider sending 1fg to odins or something, the 3fg+ thing is going nowhere. u may earn "ubar rpz!!1" but is it really fun? i'm with tyka on preffering a close fight where individuals can make a differance.

try it u might like it...

S

Strondor_New

Let's face it, the truth of Excal's R v R Guilds is as follows:

LA / VGN / NP / FC / BF / GOL / HB: Full of good players who dont like to zerg, dream of 1fg v 1fg, and dont roam with more than 1 fg unless they intend to enter a zone where there are known zergs. I think its fair to say that each of those guilds has respect for the other.

RG: Seems to me this guild was formed out of the numerous wannabe noob mids that used to trail after the NP led zergs last year and decided they would form their own zerg guild. Quantity over quality. "Stick red and white uniforms on 2 - 3 fgs of mids and its no longer a "zerg" - it's a guild" they think. These guys don't go to the bathroom unless they have at least 15 other zerglings (oops i mean guildies) to hold their hand. Its a shame really, because hidden away in the red and white zerg there are in fact a few talented players, its just we never really get to seem them shine properly.

If any mids want a good example to look to in Midgard, they should watch that new "dorf" grp (veeshandorf , anarkidorf etc). They were in emain / breif last night on their own as 1fg and kicking ass. BIG RESPECT! /kiss

P

PiSi

Originally posted by K0nah
its not RGs fault they're the biggest RvR guild on the server :(

actually read what Rnz posted instead of name calling after the first sentance. an RvR guild with 25-40 members online is bad news for emain. RG guys plz consider sending 1fg to odins or something, the 3fg+ thing is going nowhere. u may earn "ubar rpz!!1" but is it really fun? i'm with tyka on preffering a close fight where individuals can make a differance.

try it u might like it...

Its a rare occasion that we hit up to 40 but happens sometimes..
and no need to worry cuz 5-6 of them crafting, 10-15 of them PvE, Raids, SI etc.

I log in almost everynight and /gc who shows 10~ ppl at emain others in midland for item hunts, pve etc..

So not all members @ emain all the time..

I never involved in 3fg RG zerg ( or whatever it is ) since I joined em.. or never see it but as SS shows RG had 3fgs there.. but belive me its not something happening all the time as some ppl say...
Its 1 fg + 4-5 ppl with Buffbot with them most of the time.. ( nobody wants to play fulll time shammy these days :( )

And for me its really sad to see ppl cursing each other in these forums for just a game :(

S

stunned

pawned yet again

I sense anger in You yong one. Tis ok it will pass away.

O

old.Odysseus

Definition of zerg:
A collection of individuals that follow the general direction of movement of the others without coordination or central leadership.

The above says nothing about numbers nor times, hence 6FG organized ppl that are in a cg, move in an orderly fashion and cooperate to achieve some common goal is not a zerg.

Chocking aint it?

S

stunned

Originally posted by Strondor_New
Let's face it, the truth of Excal's R v R Guilds is as follows:

LA / VGN / NP / FC / BF / GOL / HB: Full of good players who dont like to zerg, dream of 1fg v 1fg, and dont roam with more than 1 fg unless they intend to enter a zone where there are known zergs. I think its fair to say that each of those guilds has respect for the other.

Can You pass me some of that dope. FC/GOL +tail are teh Emain zerg. Oh wait You are talking about when You RVR in ALb frontier !? right :wall:

The ONLY Alb guild i have EVER ran into as 1 FG is Strife.

Funny when YOU talk about skills. Do half your members even know their way around ALb keeps. You can spam and whine all You want about RG. Untill You show something else but 8 FG zergs who gives a shit.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Definition of zerg:
A collection of individuals that follow the general direction of movement of the others without coordination or central leadership.

The above says nothing about numbers nor times, hence 6FG organized ppl that are in a cg, move in an orderly fashion and cooperate to achieve some common goal is not a zerg.

Chocking aint it?
:clap:

T

Tyka

Stunned if you are referring to the radar post, i was trying my best to keep the thread non flaming, but no one of you realised what i faced when i posted it. The only thing that would make you change your mind is that to be in that situation yourself, and as i'm fairly sure you are a experienced player you would suspect what i did. Don't want to go back to that but seriously, i don't see how GOA could help me if i reported it to them. Anyways forget that, i always try to keep my manners and have a nice discussion, but when people refuse to listen and flame me for being a whiner, there is not much of a choice. Read that thread and see that i really tried, but nm it now.

H

horil

You are really thick stunned, listen, when there is NOT NEEDED, we DO NOT run in more than 1fg, compared to RG, got it?

In some situations a zerg is needed, here is what happened one early morning a week ago.

I wake up, setup 1 full group and go to emain, we meet 4-5 RG ppl, gank them, see some alb group, fair fight but we win in the end. 30 mins later guess what, RG ZERG INC THREE FULL GROUPS.

I mean seriously, are you totally dumb? There is only us roaming emain with 1fg, there is absolutely no need to bring that many people, since 1fg SHOULD be a challenge for you.

Try to understand, please!

Counter zerg with zerg, counter 1fg with 1fg, fight fire with fire.

So they're dumb because they get free rp's out of you?

And yes 1fg vs. 1fg would be most perfect fight, but hardly can get those nowadays, exept in odins. ;)

T

Tyka

Originally posted by horil
So they're dumb because they get free rp's out of you? good going

Wow another guy who thinks this game is all about rps, please go back to counterstrike or whatever game you used to play, 12 year old kid.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by stunned
Can You pass me some of that dope. FC/GOL +tail are teh Emain zerg

erm well since FC rarely gets more than 1fg (we're working on it) and GoL only get 2fg infrequently from what ive seen, what do u suggest? we continue to hand u free rps when NP/RG or VGN's 2-3fg roll over our 1fg? sorry to say FC isnt dumb enuf to try roaming in 1fg in emain primetime anymore. the result is always the same, death-by-zerg.

H

horil

Wow another guy who thinks this game is all about rps, please go back to counterstrike or whatever game you used to play, 12 year old kid.

Taking game too seriously is dangerous for your health :p

T

Tyka

My quote had nothing to do with how serious i take the game, however your post shows that you rather get rps before fun, and i play this game because its fun.

Now please go back to CS kiddo.

H

horil

<salutes to Mr. Polite>

I didn't mean I play the game for rps, I play it aslong as its fun for me.

If you don't want to get zerged; simply don't go emain ? ;)

T

Tyka

Ahh, another guy who just come in, read 1 post of the whole thread and makes his whole descision based on that. I don't have to say it again do i? Go back to CS please, or at least read what have been said in this thread, the problem is not zerging, its zerging when it is not needed! Unless you have nothing good to come with i suggest you stfu.

H

horil

Well, if you're realy that keen on CS go ahead, but zerg is and always will be there, EVEN when it's not needed.

Mids have done it, albs have done it and so are hibs.

It's not very skillful and ruins the old good rvr fights, but what can you do :/

T

Tyka

You did'nt read the thread, come back when you've done it, tata.

R

Radghast

think by definition a RvR guild is full of ppl who dont like to lose. It is all well and good saying "fair play, good fight" and all that, but inside there is a polar opposite response that wants to snap their keyboard in half. People who like to win will not want to lose (duh) so that means they will do whatever it takes to insure victory, or atleast give them a advantage of sorts. running as 3fgs is the same thing (see also: buffbots. radar)
Is it wrong? well it sux for the ones trampled for sure, but for the ones doing the trampling ofc it's not. im personnaly against zergs and agree with tyka's RvR philosophy but i do accept that zergs are part of the RvR scene and there is no sense complaining about something you have no control over. its not illegal..its not a sin, it just pisses off those who got zerged. My only major quibble with zergs is that it forces the opposing realm to counter zerg to stand a chance and then it just becomes a chain reaction of ever increasing numbers just to compete...but such is daoc...see u in emain

just my 2cents

(btw can we lose this mindless flamming nonsense between the guilds that goes on nowdays...gives me a headache to trudge thru it all and serves no purpose...)

T

Tyka

Radagast, i'm not complaining about the 24/7 zerg that camps the milegates, that is, as u said, nothing to do about it. I'm complaining about people who HAVE to bring twice the numbers as the enemy to beat them.

Like 11 am sunday morning, wich is imo the best rvr you get, where everyone (NP/GOL/etc) run around in 1fg max, and suddenly 1 guild starts to bring 3fgs, i mean what's the point, of course you will win but then all realms will try to get numbers and in the ends its no fun anymore.

R

Radghast

i actually was agreeing with u tyka :) perhaps i didnt word it properly. my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom