Whats with the unfair banning length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Except that GOA have actively stated the community should deal with people who steal artis - hence that's allowed on FH. It's consistent between GOA view and FH rules so your example is completely flawed.

I believe they said its up to the community to deal with it, not that they should deal with it, which is a big difference.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I believe they said its up to the community to deal with it, not that they should deal with it, which is a big difference.

That's just playing with words. Bottom line is you simply can't compare stealing artis and that being dealt with by the community to whether someone adds and zergs. Mass battles and realm v realm are commonly put forward by Mythic and GOA as a central part of the game, hence zergs and adds are perfectly acceptable ways of playing and whines about it aren't allowed on FH - now if Mythic also promoted "Steal artis from battlegroups!" you'd have a point...but as things stand you don't.

Seems to me people just want FH as an extension of IRC - if you don't like the rules then go vent spleen somewhere else.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not leet at all, I prefer 8v8 myself but I respect everyone's playstyle equally. Yet I dont think the forum is neutral at all these days.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
I dont understand what it is that is so hard to understand. I dont know if you solo with your armsman, but if you do, and you get a good 1 on 1 with a hero or warrior or something, do you enjoy if someone adds on either of you?

I dont care about whining about adds here, but its fun reading, and tbh I see insults flying around towards fg-people, towards people for playing a particular realm etc, and none of those are taken action against, but as soon as you call someone an adder, you get banned. I think its pretty shitty that you can insult players that play 1 way, but not players who play another way.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
No amount of logic talking will ever change anything here, you'l always have idiot mods like Flimgoblin banning people for one thing, but not banning others for something worse. Give back the old Prydwen boards, which Jupitus never modded and you didnt have some crazed moron beating off everytime he closed a thread.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I dont understand what it is that is so hard to understand. I dont know if you solo with your armsman, but if you do, and you get a good 1 on 1 with a hero or warrior or something, do you enjoy if someone adds on either of you? .

I know it can be bloody frustrating. Just like having a nice fg fight "added" on can be. It's just what you do then that's the issue. Personally, I'll give a round of f*cks at the screen and take a swig on my beer - by which time I've released, let it go and I'm ready to go again. For some reason I don't feel the need to give someone shit over it.

noaim said:
I dont care about whining about adds here, but its fun reading, and tbh I see insults flying around towards fg-people, towards people for playing a particular realm etc, and none of those are taken action against, but as soon as you call someone an adder, you get banned. I think its pretty shitty that you can insult players that play 1 way, but not players who play another way.

I agree there are some inconsistencies and also that some flame fests can be a laugh (you and I have had a few :p ) - but I just don't see why people are bleating so much about not being able to whine about adds. I mean are they really that desperate to vent at someone?

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I know it can be bloody frustrating. Just like having a nice fg fight "added" on can be. It's just what you do then that's the issue. Personally, I'll give a round of f*cks at the screen and take a swig on my beer - by which time I've released, let it go and I'm ready to go again. For some reason I don't feel the need to give someone shit over it.
?

Repped!

Imo more FH people need to take this advice. After all its just a game - and the way I see it - theres enough sh** in this world without me giving out more to other players, just because they killed me in a game; whether the odds are fair or not. :fluffle:

/bow

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
I'm not leet at all, I prefer 8v8 myself but I respect everyone's playstyle equally. Yet I dont think the forum is neutral at all these days.

Amen

Maybe 3 day bans should be given to 'casual' players who whine about 'leet kids' with their fg vs fg..

Lorimez Shadowblade said:
Imo more FH people need to take this advice. After all its just a game - and the way I see it - theres enough sh** in this world without me giving out more to other players, just because they killed me in a game; whether the odds are fair or not.

Alot of ppl whine about adds because they feel they're being shown a lack of respect by the person who adds, this may be narrowminded and subconciously trying to impose ones playing style on someone else. None the less please remember next time you add that the person/ppl u r adding on may be enjoying the fair fight they're having and it may be the only enjoyment they get out of the game after 4 years of playing :m00:.
(not an add whine ^^, just trying to justify it )

and ofc visa versa

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Konah said:
point is some ppl dont like adds, some ppl like skillless zerging. the board should be neutral but its not, it sides with the zergers... just one of many possible examples.

actually if someone was flaming people for being a leetist 8v8 wanker they'd probably get in trouble too ;)

The board doesn't side with anyone, just the people that don't like adds are the ones whining/flaming.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
actually if someone was flaming people for being a leetist 8v8 wanker they'd probably get in trouble too ;)

well thats not true for starters

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kerith said:
Amen

Maybe 3 day bans should be given to 'casual' players who whine about 'leet kids' with their fg vs fg..

If you find anything like this please do report it.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I've yet to see anyone report any posts for that above reason.

Read rvr discussion more often, its packed with that kinda whine, one person that springs to mind is ebenezer, cant be bothered to go trolling for it now but i had a 2 page discussion with him or somethin bout casual gamers and leet kids.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
Check gratz posts for people like Shatterhand, hugmeh, kagato, xyro. See how this "new trend" of flaming people has crept into their posts. (FYI it hasnt, ask yourself why?)

what you will never ever conceed in your short sightedness. Is that people will express their opinions of other people if they feel the urge to. If you put a gratz thread in the rvr forum, then its going to get read by realm advesaries. If you dont particulary have a good reputation as a nice player with your realm adversaries then you wont get nice comments.

Dont like that?? Dont make gratz thread in RVR forum. Problem solved.... Nope because the crap players will still wanna see their gratz threads in the "rvr forum". Its undeniable that some people get like a mass unanimous thumbs up reception from the community when they ding a realm rank. It also undeniable that some people get the royal middle finger. If you agree with that statement (which is a fact if you search for gratz threads) it tells you that peoples comments are directly related to the manner in which a person conducts themselves out there on the virtual battlefield.

You want expose you get expose. Whether its good exposure or not is down to the players history.

thats a fact. rather than accept or conceed that you will just spout your usual random crap.

Just read that - comes across as a bit "l33t" attitude to say the least - people don't post their own Gratz threads tbh...and however they achieve their goal be it playing well or not - so what as long as they ain't cheating.
Not everyone can be l33t rvr 8v8 fg no adding can they....

~goes back to read rest of teh thread~

Dukat

Resident Freddy
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=189758

Clueless zerger whining about leet types ^^

I'm not sure what to think about this though - the thread was locked, but only after it was filled by 4 pages of flame.

I do think that the 'leet types' tend to get a hard time of things on this subject, where as usually the clueless zergers tend to get the benefit of the doubt, from what I've seen anyway.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

The board doesn't side with anyone, just the people that don't like adds are the ones whining/flaming.

evzy said:
Just read that - comes across as a bit "l33t" attitude to say the least - people don't post their own Gratz threads tbh...and however they achieve their goal be it playing well or not - so what as long as they ain't cheating.
Not everyone can be l33t rvr 8v8 fg no adding can they....

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pretty simple - someone who's never posted any add whine before posts a "wah adders" they get 3 days

someone who posts "fs adding coxxor" in every grats thread they find gets a permaban.

The others fall somewhere in between.

and why exactly is add whine not allowed?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
duact said:
and why exactly is add whine not allowed?

because so-called "adding" is following the game rules and the amount of add-whine threads/posts on the RvR discussion was utterly stupid.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
so is zerging/alarm clock raids etc etc but u still get posts about them

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
that's not a flame ;)

kinda is, toward censi for his attitude regarding daoc. which is what alot of ppl get banned for when they 'whine' about someone who adds

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
because so-called "adding" is following the game rules and the amount of add-whine threads/posts on the RvR discussion was utterly stupid.

there is shitloads of things that are allowed by the coc and still moaned about evry day on fh, so gimme another excuse that aint so shit

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Because quite obviously the people who´re running this board don´t like it. And because this is not an official board respectively you´re moving around on the property of the people who´re running this board, being their guests, there´s not much to do against that except start your own board where you specifically allow add whine threads.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
pretty simple - someone who's never posted any add whine before posts a "wah adders" they get 3 days

someone who posts "fs adding coxxor" in every grats thread they find gets a permaban.

The others fall somewhere in between.

isent the wajn and the stuff that make ppl post xD aka better forum xD and fun reading with popcorn xD

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Answer the question directly then.

How come whines about:

Artifact Campers
Artifact Stealers
Camp Stealers
House Vault Emptying
Item Stealing

Are allowed?
Since these are all within game rules also.

p.s. Should Braken or anybody else reply to this with the great defense of, Goa telling us to deal with it arguement, please re-read the quote as it says, the reason add whine is not permitted as it is not against the Daoc rules. Not because Goa didnt tell us its something the commmunity should deal with.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
You dont seem to get it... almost EVERY goddamn thread turns into an add whine cause of the same odd people.

Yes, you have to blow some steam sometimes. I do too but I am really getting bored of all this. If the mods would just slap those emotionaly crippled and more attention needing people but leave the 'normal' add whiner alone they'd make a hell of a fuzz about it. So instead we get 1 sword to judge them all.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
so is zerging/alarm clock raids etc etc but u still get posts about them

I think that's a fair point - like I said there are some inconsistencies, although I think the "add" whines got the attention because they are so fotm. Good idea that zerg whiners should also be treated the same way ;) The bottom line is still why are people so desperate to bitch at someone? Take a swig of beer, release and go again - or are they really so uptight as individuals that they are incapable of letting it go?

B

Benedictine

Bracken said:
I think that's a fair point - like I said there are some inconsistencies, although I think the "add" whines got the attention because they are so fotm. Good idea that zerg whiners should also be treated the same way ;) The bottom line is still why are people so desperate to bitch at someone? Take a swig of beer, release and go again - or are they really so uptight as individuals that they are incapable of letting it go?

And before long we wont be able to talk about anything. FH is turning into a police state!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom