Whats with the unfair banning length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I, for one, thinks this new trend of flaming people in their own gratz threads to hell and back is highly annoying and unnecessary. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it. Calling people "zergers", "adders", and "leechers" in a gratz thread just gives me a bad taste in my mouth. In the old BW days, this was enforced by the community itself--posting a whine in a gratz thread was more or less taboo (at least on Excalibur and at least until JH came along on and people started whining about Savages in every one of their gratz threads ;)).

It seems gratz threads have become the new stomping grounds for people who wish to stroke their e-peen in public and put down other players in the game. I don't mind if you attack someone elsewhere on the forum, but gratz threads should be off limits.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Penlid said:
We're adults on here not school children. Treat us like adults and the forum will be a friendlier place.

Act like it then. If you act like adults the forum will be a friendlier place ;)

Someone said this forum is meant to be a place to communicate with your enemies - that's not its purpose, it can be in some ways but it's meant to be a forum to discuss DAoC, not a "PM your enemy" forum or "flame/whine/belittle your enemy" forum (and that includes the RvR ones). Never mind the radar accusations, other cheat accusations and other really nasty slander that would go on.

If you really want a forum to whine your bollocks off on, go set one up. I'll be surprised if you have much success, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

And HAHAHAHAHAHHA at the VN comment, that cracks me up ;) Go post there for a while, then come back and say that with a straight face, please.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
following the arguments of some 8v8'ers is very good entertainment, one week they can be best of friends, ADDINGSHITNOOBS the next, its better than eastenders and i feel some of them should be left to go on, watching them in thier natural habitat is fascinating.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I, for one, thinks this new trend of flaming people in their own gratz threads to hell and back is highly annoying and unnecessary. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it. Calling people "zergers", "adders", and "leechers" in a gratz thread just gives me a bad taste in my mouth. In the old BW days, this was enforced by the community itself--posting a whine in a gratz thread was more or less taboo (at least on Excalibur and at least until JH came along on and people started whining about Savages in every one of their gratz threads ).

Check gratz posts for people like Shatterhand, hugmeh, kagato, xyro. See how this "new trend" of flaming people has crept into their posts. (FYI it hasnt, ask yourself why?)

what you will never ever conceed in your short sightedness. Is that people will express their opinions of other people if they feel the urge to. If you put a gratz thread in the rvr forum, then its going to get read by realm advesaries. If you dont particulary have a good reputation as a nice player with your realm adversaries then you wont get nice comments.

Dont like that?? Dont make gratz thread in RVR forum. Problem solved.... Nope because the crap players will still wanna see their gratz threads in the "rvr forum". Its undeniable that some people get like a mass unanimous thumbs up reception from the community when they ding a realm rank. It also undeniable that some people get the royal middle finger. If you agree with that statement (which is a fact if you search for gratz threads) it tells you that peoples comments are directly related to the manner in which a person conducts themselves out there on the virtual battlefield.

You want expose you get expose. Whether its good exposure or not is down to the players history.

thats a fact. rather than accept or conceed that you will just spout your usual random crap.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
following the arguments of some 8v8'ers is very good entertainment, one week they can be best of friends, ADDINGSHITNOOBS the next, its better than eastenders and i feel some of them should be left to go on, watching them in thier natural habitat is fascinating.

You must spread some reputation etc... :(

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Last few threads I seen where some people been whining about other people taking towers/keeps at x hour has been left alone, so has threads about morning relic raids. Why is this whine allowed, but addwhine is not? SOOO different. Dont see the problem with whine/flame as long as its not turned into personal insults and spam.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I think whines and flames in general should be allowed, so long as it does not turn into uncalled for personal insults, THEN it should start getting banned/ warnings etc.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
censi said:

Thing is Censi, there is a small group of posters on the RvR section that think that THEY know how best to play the game and will, if left to it, post endless amounts of shit in everyone they don't like's grats threads.

That isn't freedom of speech, that's bullying, pure and simple.

The so-called zergers/adders (people who are playing the game within the rules, just not the ever-changing-rules of the so-called elite) don't ruin threads with bullshit flames. Not sure if it's an ego thing that leads people to post flames/whines in other people's grats threads (I'm better than j00! coz I play with bronze weapons!) or if it's just a complete lack of manners.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
I think whines and flames in general should be allowed, so long as it does not turn into uncalled for personal insults, THEN it should start getting banned/ warnings etc.

whine about someTHING it tends to stay

whine about someONE (or a group of someones :p) and you're in dangerous territory.

In general anyway :)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
flaming is the best thing about playing daoc, why deny it ;//

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
The so-called zergers/adders (people who are playing the game within the rules, just not the ever-changing-rules of the so-called elite) don't ruin threads with bullshit flames. Not sure if it's an ego thing that leads people to post flames/whines in other people's grats threads (I'm better than j00! coz I play with bronze weapons!) or if it's just a complete lack of manners.
It's not the people who are zergers/adders that usually get that bullshit, its the people who claim on IRC/where-ever that they dont add/zerg and still blatantly do it on a daily basis, mistakes happen but these people do it so much they cant be mistakes anymore, thats when the shit starts to fly when they ding :D

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Im not surprised the flaming has moved too the gratz threadz as for a while that was like 80% of all posts in the rvr section... Where else too flame..
I understand you want a descent forum hence the rules, but some people like to flame and read others flames. Imo i love flaming threadz, its a skill, and sometimes they r really funneh... The F*aD remarks ofc and personal life accusations are stoopid. But whats wrong with a lil roleplaying bitching..

If the mods keep locking threadz where these flamers spill there guts its bound too spread too other threadz. I agree gratz threadz are a shit place for them too :puke: , but the rest....

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Thing is Censi, there is a small group of posters on the RvR section that think that THEY know how best to play the game and will, if left to it, post endless amounts of shit in everyone they don't like's grats threads.

That isn't freedom of speech, that's bullying, pure and simple.

Right, explain to me why there are examples of gratz threads with none of this "shit" in it. And those same gratz threads are the guys who tend to be known as good honorable players. Why doesnt this "small group of posters" post endless amounts of "shit" in these threads. I can answer that. "shit" as you call it is someone being out of order to someone else for no reason. "shit" as it really is, is people getting what they deserve, no respect for being a dickhead on the battlefield.

As for the bullying thing, lol, our dear mr innocent adder or solo steamrolleror would be deeply upset and its not fair on poor mr adder or solo steamrolleror to ruin his moment of glorey on FH. please flim get just a little bit with the program dude. Its hardly mentally scarring stuff, I mean we are only critising how some kid plays the game in badly... lets not get carried away here, we aint flushing their head down the toilet irl.

The so-called zergers/adders (people who are playing the game within the rules, just not the ever-changing-rules of the so-called elite) don't ruin threads with bullshit flames. Not sure if it's an ego thing that leads people to post flames/whines in other people's grats threads (I'm better than j00! coz I play with bronze weapons!) or if it's just a complete lack of manners

This isnt about rules. No one ever reports people who add in RVR to rightnow etc. But neway, no ofc these people dont tend to flame other people gratz threads, I mean even your average daoc numbnut is more than slightley aware of the concept of irony. This point is like completly irrelevent???

Spis

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
This isnt about rules. No one ever reports people who add in RVR to rightnow etc. But neway, no ofc these people dont tend to flame other people gratz threads, I mean even your average daoc numbnut is more than slightley aware of the concept of irony. This point is like completly irrelevent???

Haha, i actually think some people might have done it.. Could imagine atleast ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
censi said:
"shit" as it really is, is people getting what they deserve, no respect for being a dickhead on the battlefield.

Your definition of being a dickhead, and it doesn't count here. How they play is within the rules (unless they're cheating and that's what RightNow is for).

My definition of being a dickhead would probably include flaming people in grats thread and posting add whine ;) fortunately for me acting like a dickhead in that definition is prohibited by the FH CoC.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer thats the big difference between us.

you see if someone is having like a nice tear up and another player decides he wants his 400rp out of it regardless of the enjoyment of both players. (yes u can annoy you fellow realmmates but shortening their fights too). Then that person is a dickhead within a daoc context(strong word, could replace with moron or summin). No big deal, we dont all play identically, would be a bit crap if like you never got add or summin, takes the spice away, tbh only the prolific adder will get stick.

Someone complaining about people who play that way does not really seem like a dickhead to me.

but to put a rule on an rvr forum to say you cant complain about players with no honor is just ridiculous. FH have been privaledged to host the GOA forum, we need one forum where everyone can go an read stuff as a community. All this stuff does is devalue the forum. Funnily enough I think we got like 9 out of the last 12 post are gratz threads, because we are running out of things we are "allowed" to talk about. If thats what you want then fine.

imo just mod out people being rude and abusive and making personal attacks, and let people express themselves. Mr innocent who adds in the spirit of the game and needs a mod bodyguard to protect his fragile emotions would still probably welcome that.

just my 2 cents, not saying im right.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
cant complain about players with no honor is just ridiculous. FH have been privaledged to host the GOA forum, we need one forum where everyone can go an read stuff as a community.

That's the point really. "Honor" as defined by you is not shared by the people who programme and operate the game nor the people who run this forum. People who "add" are doing nothing wrong except in your mind and others in that minority. People who flame others for playing the game as it is marketed and sold are doing something wrong according to both the game's operators and FH. You don't have to like that, but if you choose to play the game and use this forum you do have to accept it. The alternative is to find another forum.

censi said:
fragile emotions

I'd say the ones with fragile emotions are the people who can't handle other people playing the game in an entirely legitimate way without feeling the need to flame them. If you choose to play the game as 1v1 or fgvfg then that's fine - but expecting others to subscribe to that and believing you have the right to flame them if they don't is at best foolish.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
but to put a rule on an rvr forum to say you cant complain about players with no honor is just ridiculous.

What, people who are abusive towards their own side in a war ?

I agree, no honour at all. Gotta support your own side and kill the enemy any way you can !

Darzil

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
you see if someone is having like a nice tear up and another player decides he wants his 400rp out of it regardless of the enjoyment of both players. (yes u can annoy you fellow realmmates but shortening their fights too). Then that person is a dickhead within a daoc context(strong word, could replace with moron or summin). No big deal, we dont all play identically, would be a bit crap if like you never got add or summin, takes the spice away, tbh only the prolific adder will get stick.
You know, someone actually got flamed for NOT adding on a fight. Just wanted to tell you this :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Septina said:
Twisting got 3 days for add whine

LOL first time I read that I thought pally chant twisting gets you 3 day ban

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
That's the point really. "Honor" as defined by you is not shared by the people who programme and operate the game nor the people who run this forum. People who "add" are doing nothing wrong except in your mind and others in that minority. People who flame others for playing the game as it is marketed and sold are doing something wrong according to both the game's operators and FH.

So people who steal artis when they are in the bg, and that steals loot on ml-raids etc, are actually doing nothing wrong and if someone does it and get whined at for doing it, the one whining should be banned because the one that stole the items just did what he is allowed to do.

The point if you didnt get it is that to say "its allowed so dont whine about it" is useless reasoning.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
point is some ppl dont like adds, some ppl like skillless zerging. the board should be neutral but its not, it sides with the zergers... just one of many possible examples.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I've always felt that the board is neutral, just the mod's don't put up with the abuse and insults from either side. Just happens to be that normally the people that throw abuse around, are the ones who complain about no adding etc etc.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
point is some ppl dont like adds, some ppl like skillless zerging. the board should be neutral but its not, it sides with the zergers... just one of many possible examples.

It sides with what is written on the game box.

Darzil

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
whine is the best thing about this forum tbh :) my biggest goal in daoc is to get a whine tread but havent happent yet :( then when i dinget rr6 i was hopeing to get some whine an best they could do was a joke about my bad /stats :p

Ppl that go an cry to the mods about whine an flames really need to stop takeing this so serius :) its only a fucking game ffs not how you are irl.. can understand if you get banned for personal insults but not about how your ingame char looks gay in pink ^^

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
So people who steal artis when they are in the bg, and that steals loot on ml-raids etc, are actually doing nothing wrong and if someone does it and get whined at for doing it, the one whining should be banned because the one that stole the items just did what he is allowed to do.

The point if you didnt get it is that to say "its allowed so dont whine about it" is useless reasoning.

Except that GOA have actively stated the community should deal with people who steal artis - hence that's allowed on FH. It's consistent between GOA view and FH rules so your example is completely flawed.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
I'm afraid the kind of leet assholes who feel the need to whine and cry about such a basic fact of DAoC life as adding are a distinct minority. The rest of us, many who might prefer 8vs8 and dislike "skilless zerging" just as much, have a slightly more mature approach to the game and don't feel the need to unzip and slap their e-peen on the table the moment an opportunity presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom