Whats with the unfair banning length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
No, Im Spartecus...
I decapitated the last 5 guys who claimed that with a spoon! Their heads are in my fridge and you are next!

I AM COMMING FOR YOU!

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
...looks for the gulp emote....but cant find it....

:kissit:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
~runs off laughing knowing I said it first but you are getting teh decapitated for it~

Dukat

Resident Freddy
the last time someone claimed to be spartacus this happened:

Dukat said:
colander:
collinder-head-pic.jpg

as you can see, mistaking a tin foil hat for a colander would be an easy mistake to make! :eek6:

please, in the interest of sanity world wide, do not start this again!!!

PS: No! I'm spartacus....!

damn it :D

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Alme said:
seeing as Chimaira is banned i guess they get.. banned?

I got banned for joking bout tilda and deebs gave me not even a 24hr ban :D

Dont mess with the "dogs bollox" :clap:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
erm isnt it about time we made another forum or something. Dont get me wrong some of the moderation is good. but like there seems to be this like compulsive control freak disorder.

I mean the forums were supposed to be a place where u can vent steam and have a go at your enemies and talk openly about the game.

like just like some of the recent rule are in my opinion just stupid.

like you cant make a post direct to someone about a particular RVR event (or fao thread). thats a cracker

you cant accuse someone of cheating

you cant now complain about someone adding on your fights

You cant say negative things about people in gratz threads.

These sorts of things are just too hardcore and no one wants them. basically let people express themselves. if they are a moron and keep swearing and stuff and being abusive perma ban. Problem is mods see stuff they dont agree with and put in stupid rules to keep like things they dont like quiet.

imo anyway.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:

For those 2 I can def understand why - cheating - we the players cant prove it so why stir up rumours that cant be founded.

Adding - no such thing in DAOC - its RvR anyway.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
erm isnt it about time we made another forum or something. Dont get me wrong some of the moderation is good. but like there seems to be this like compulsive control freak disorder.

I mean the forums were supposed to be a place where u can vent steam and have a go at your enemies and talk openly about the game.

like just like some of the recent rule are in my opinion just stupid.

like you cant make a post direct to someone about a particular RVR event (or fao thread). thats a cracker

You cant say negative things about people in gratz threads.

These sorts of things are just too hardcore and no one wants them. basically let people express themselves. if they are a moron and keep swearing and stuff and being abusive perma ban. Problem is mods see stuff they dont agree with and put in stupid rules to keep like things they dont like quiet.

imo anyway.

100% Agree repped

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well those that dont like FH could always go to all the trouble of making thier own forum, these forums are free and run by people (not talking about the mods here) in their spare time. there is no rule in daoc saying that you have to read or post on these forums. i look forward to your efforts.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
well those that dont like FH could always go to all the trouble of making thier own forum, these forums are free and run by people (not talking about the mods here) in their spare time. there is no rule in daoc saying that you have to read or post on these forums. i look forward to your efforts.

Rep for joo :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

Well said.

Those who yell the loudest always show the least innitiative.

Go ahead censi or Penlid start a forum. I look forward to not signing up on it already!

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

its not that easy as it sound, FH IS the european daoc forum where VN boards IS the US forum.

comparing VNboards to what allowed on FH, FH is for 3 years old kids and VN boards is for adults (even tho the majority of VN boards posters is younger then FH).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i know that, but deebs and co dont have to have a daoc part, infact if you happen to click on the freddyshouse root forum you will find its actually a big forum, full of non daoc people most of whom couldnt care less that we are here, half of them would be glad to see the back of us.
freddys arent paid by Goa, they can quite easily just get rid of the daoc section, which to most is a usefull tool for playing the game, why should it be ruined by wankers who dont get out enough?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lejemorder said:
comparing VNboards to what allowed on FH, FH is for 3 years old kids and VN boards is for adults (even tho the majority of VN boards posters is younger then FH).
Excuse me, are we talking about the same VNBoards where the mods edit posts containing swearwords?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
im sure vn would make euro boards if we asked nicely. yes your not allowed to swear, but u are allowed to say what u think.........

seems like some of the modding here is definately influenced by GoA and or the GoA CoC on these boards. wanting the boards for their game to portray the right image and etc etc is what it smacks of to me.

so if thats the case how much and who are GoA paying?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I really dont understand what you make all that fuzz about.

Its not like add whines serve any purpose. They just litter the boards and their content is always the same. Noone needs them.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
its not that easy as it sound, FH IS the european daoc forum where VN boards IS the US forum.

That is the most moronic post on Freddieshouse this week... If you had spent 5 minutes on VN boards you would know that you couldn't be more wrong.

VN boards being the "adult" version of FH HAHAHAHAHA

Tilda

Konah said:
im sure vn would make euro boards if we asked nicely. yes your not allowed to swear, but u are allowed to say what u think.........

seems like some of the modding here is definately influenced by GoA and or the GoA CoC on these boards. wanting the boards for their game to portray the right image and etc etc is what it smacks of to me.

so if thats the case how much and who are GoA paying?

GoA don't pay anybody a penny for FH.
If you want to say what you want, feel free to go and use the VN -daoc boards, be sure to send a postcard.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
We get feedback from GM's on FreddysHouse, which is probably a good enough reason to keep threads moderated. If the forums end up with 100% whine, it'll end up like the vnboards where Mythic rarely reads them.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I prefered the "old", more relaxed FH... Being a very effective way to contact in-game enemies the forum is an important "addition" to the game, atleast for me. However it quite loses its purpose when freedom of speech is limited as bad as it is now.

To take the add whine bannage as an example, this is what coc says:

FH COC said:
The rules have nothing whatsoever that says a solo player cannot attack an enemy of his/her realm, so get over it.

Same can be said about scamming items or keeping ML raid loot etc... Allowed by game coc, and even the GMs say that the gaming community is supposed to take care of those instead. I don't really see how adding is much different, respecting fights is just a "rule" set by a part of the community. Sure some flamethreads went too far with irl/personal insults, but most were childish at worst.

edit: Despite disagreeing with the banning policy changes, I of course appreciate the free forum and respect the admins' decisions.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Tilda said:
If you want to say what you want, feel free to go and use the VN -daoc boards, be sure to send a postcard.

If i have something to say about EU-daoc, I would rather go in "eu boards" and type it there. No need to send postcards to eu players either then, thank you.

My opinion is that rules are needed, but mods could really loosen up a bit. Ie so much stuff is being "illegal" now that soon there's not anything worthy to talk about.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
It's like being in a school classroom with a shit load of lecturers making up rules as they go along, i see the point in having the rules yes but some and most of them are overboard.

We're adults on here not school children. Treat us like adults and the forum will be a friendlier place.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
A week for add whine here, loved every second :<

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Then you have some of us who have never got banned :p

Maybe advoid being banned and, my gosh, YOU WONT GET BANNED :worthy:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
We're adults on here not school children. Treat us like adults and the forum will be a friendlier place.

Act like adults and you won't be treated like children. Add whines are pathetic - if someone is that desperate to have them they can find another forum or stick to IRC.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
dunno but me and Belomar'd definately strap you down and beat you purple with our rep bars tbh.

proud member of

Your rep bar is bigger than gamahs... well... ===D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom