Whats with the unfair banning length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

FH is my second home
Raven said:
following the arguments of some 8v8'ers is very good entertainment, one week they can be best of friends, ADDINGSHITNOOBS the next, its better than eastenders and i feel some of them should be left to go on, watching them in thier natural habitat is fascinating.

FUCKING LOL

So true!! Such drama queens arent they.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
Answer the question directly then.

How come whines about:

Artifact Campers
Artifact Stealers
Camp Stealers
House Vault Emptying
Item Stealing

Are allowed?
Since these are all within game rules also.

p.s. Should Braken or anybody else reply to this with the great defense of, Goa telling us to deal with it arguement, please re-read the quote as it says, the reason add whine is not permitted as it is not against the Daoc rules. Not because Goa didnt tell us its something the commmunity should deal with.

Maybe because they don't happen nearly half as much as the add whines?

Dunno, this is just an observation from someone who reads a lot but doesn't post a lot but there seems to be a small minority of posters who 'whine' (adding the emphasis because it's not 100% thought of as whine to everybody) and they seem to do it a lot in one place - the RvR forum.

But, at the end of the day, the people who run Freddyshouse make up the rules and if you (not you personally, the you in general being the people complaining about it) don't like it then you have the choice of either going somewhere else or setting up your own boards where anything goes.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Benedictine said:
And before long we wont be able to talk about anything. FH is turning into a police state!!

If the extent of your conversations is "FFS Adding Zerging N00b!" then yeah, you're pretty screwed. :fluffle:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Due to lack of whine, adverts are required to continue hosting FreddysHouse.

Somehow I doubt we will ever see that at the bottom of the screen tbh!!

Zede

Part of the furniture
With WAR out erm..soon ! someone is gonna have to run and organise the official forums

FH are staking their claim imo, a well ran board for a mmorpg without "adding coxxors" written all over the place. Certainly looks better for the commuity, if anyone was looking into mythic/daoc..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zede said:
With WAR out erm..soon ! someone is gonna have to run and organise the official forums

FH are staking their claim imo, a well ran board for a mmorpg without "adding coxxors" written all over the place. Certainly looks better for the commuity, if anyone was looking into mythic/daoc..

Yeah because running another game's forum for free will make the admin megabucks!

Really ;)
FH create new game forums because people want to discuss games here.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
Yeah because running another game's forum for free will make the admin megabucks!

Really ;)

I come here for the free food and whine :)

The good thing with FH is that alot of people know it, its nice to be able to come to one forum and find the same people you know who are also into other games you enjoy.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
There are other forums on FH?

I feel dirty knowing that other people use FH other than us kewl DAOC'ers tbh!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Konah said:
yes seems so. also seems like maybe its time the daoc community found a less "..rigid.." forum.

afterall who is it that objects to add whine? the board users? goa? mythic? ..or the 'mods'?

yeah please go away if all u want to do on a forum is bitch :) would save the rest of us a whole lot of time having to shift through all the useless posts ;)

and i doubt u will find many forums as loose on the rules as this one unless u host the forum yourself. infact this is the only "official" forum that isnt acually banning u for cursing. (ok i know theres certain things u cant say here but still).

and the ones that object to the "add whines" would probably be all the ppl that answers "QQ n00b its a game!" to one.

Things

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Sigel got 2 weeks for telling people to go die irl so dno what they base the time on really. ^^

some guy once said to me that he shagged my mother, not long after she past away, and kept spaming it, i spoke with someone from goa, and he got a telling off and that was it =(

Zede

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:

Really ;)

thats my point, when the come to decide " hmm who has had experience dealing with these types of guys ? " "those skaven dudes sooo hate the empire, and our beta forum is getting a bit heated"

"ask the chaps at FH, they know all about that"

and being the billion pound franchise Warhammer is, yer someones gonna get paid to do it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zede said:
thats my point, when the come to decide " hmm who has had experience dealing with these types of guys ? " "those skaven dudes sooo hate the empire, and our beta forum is getting a bit heated"

"ask the chaps at FH, they know all about that"

and being the billion pound franchise Warhammer is, yer someones gonna get paid to do it.

I'm not sure - Mythic don't have any official public forums for DAoC (they did post on VN back in beta/early live) - maybe they'll have them for Warhammer, but I'd not be surprised if they did the same again.

Flimgoblin said:
Not sure if it's an ego thing that leads people to post flames/whines in other people's grats threads (I'm better than j00! coz I play with bronze weapons!) or if it's just a complete lack of manners.

Not hard to figure it out. It's b/c some ppl play for competetion and some play for... well roleplay and to make time pass.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Whats roleplaying got to do with being abusive on a forum though?

Konah said:
point is some ppl dont like adds, some ppl like skillless zerging. the board should be neutral but its not, it sides with the zergers... just one of many possible examples.

Yah, head on Konah. :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Point is, the game is set-up to allow zerging... in view of the fact it is a Realm v Realm war game, yet people still moan about adding.. and here comes the whine merry-go-around probably..

Belomar said:
I'm afraid the kind of leet assholes who feel the need to whine and cry about such a basic fact of DAoC life as adding are a distinct minority. The rest of us, many who might prefer 8vs8 and dislike "skilless zerging" just as much, have a slightly more mature approach to the game and don't feel the need to unzip and slap their e-peen on the table the moment an opportunity presents itself.

Funny, how ppl always refer to "you the minorty" is blah blah blah. Can we get some nummbers and statistics of how much in "minorty" the ppl who dislike addings/ruining of fights are.

Damn pathetic argument to claim that the game should be identical to the games 4+ yo box. Games evolve and it is for sure not the newbies/casual random players that make the games evolve. And if it wasn't for these "lee3t assholes" most of you ppl would run around in rogs still.

Can't believe that so many ppl need to bring this pointless and almost stupid argument to the table each and every time. Dark Age of Camelot hosts more then one playstyle and the forum is defentately not neutral but geared to the "zergers" playstyle, hence alot of bans and whine.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
And if it wasn't for these "lee3t assholes" most of you ppl would run around in rogs still.

Wow...oooo thank you l33t player for helping me get all the items I need by doing it myself .... I didn't realise there were higher beings assisting me..

Thats got to be the most "up its own arse" statement I have read on here for oooo hours maybe even days.

Belomar puts it a lot simpler - just because people like 8v8 doesnt give them any right to whine about adds - just appreciate it happens.

And how is it that this thread managed to get back to 8v8 garbage? I would post a link to the recent statement from GOA itself about RvR but its old ground now and nothing anyone can say or do will change things in RvR - its for everyone - to do as they like - live with it.

evzy said:
Wow...oooo thank you l33t player for helping me get all the items I need by doing it myself .... I didn't realise there were higher beings assisting me..

Thats got to be the most "up its own arse" statement I have read on here for oooo hours maybe even days.

Belomar puts it a lot simpler - just because people like 8v8 doesnt give them any right to whine about adds - just appreciate it happens.

And how is it that this thread managed to get back to 8v8 garbage? I would post a link to the recent statement from GOA itself about RvR but its old ground now and nothing anyone can say or do will change things in RvR - its for everyone - to do as they like - live with it.

Whatever you say wont change the fact that the ppl that was playing the most and was the best/highest RR etc was pushing the game to it's limits in the early days. The "elite" ppl is the ones who pushes the game forward and make it evolve. I'm sure you understand my point but u rather live in the belief that "lee7s" are evil and bad for the game, wich is totally wrong.

And for posting garbage, it's just hilerious to read all the nutnumbing posts about daoc beeing a strict zerg game, hilerious.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I'm not sure - Mythic don't have any official public forums for DAoC (they did post on VN back in beta/early live) - maybe they'll have them for Warhammer, but I'd not be surprised if they did the same again.

Missy and some more Mythic people still post on VNboards from and til. Not as much as before thou. :fluffle:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Whatever you say wont change the fact that the ppl that was playing the most and was the best/highest RR etc was pushing the game to it's limits in the early days. The "elite" ppl is the ones who pushes the game forward and make it evolve. I'm sure you understand my point but u rather live in the belief that "lee7s" are evil and bad for the game, wich is totally wrong.

And for posting garbage, it's just hilerious to read all the nutnumbing posts about daoc beeing a strict zerg game, hilerious.

Pls explain in detail the nonsene you spout.......

I have achieved everything I want to in this game by being in a good guild and having good friends - not once have I ever needed a l33t player to help me with anything. I really don't think someone who has 2/3 times as many rp's as me is a better player - it simply means they probably have less of a RL/Time consuming job than myself tbh. I consider myself a very decent player in pretty much any game I play - I have been playing games since Atari 2600 and think I can handle my own in RvR - I havent ever come across a player whom I thought "my gawd he is so l33t I wish I was him" in DAOC, now in CS:S or BF2 etc then yeah I can see players at the top of their game but in DAOC I don't think that applies to the same extent and all you l33t'ies out there are in the majority players who simply have too much time on their hands - I would love to compare /played with the majority of you and see how much more time you have played and still spout about how l33t you are..

Now as above...please feel free to explain ya nonsense statement.

~EDIT~

2nd thoughts..someone lock this - its got as far off topic as it can go - its in the land of l33t nonsense as most other threads seem to end up in :(

evzy said:
Pls explain in detail the nonsene you spout.......

I have achieved everything I want to in this game by being in a good guild and having good friends - not once have I ever needed a l33t player to help me with anything. I really don't think someone who has 2/3 times as many rp's as me is a better player - it simply means they probably have less of a RL/Time consuming job than myself tbh. I consider myself a very decent player in pretty much any game I play - I have been playing games since Atari 2600 and think I can handle my own in RvR - I havent ever come across a player whom I thought "my gawd he is so l33t I wish I was him" in DAOC, now in CS:S or BF2 etc then yeah I can see players at the top of their game but in DAOC I don't think that applies to the same extent and all you l33t'ies out there are in the majority players who simply have too much time on their hands - I would love to compare /played with the majority of you and see how much more time you have played and still spout about how l33t you are..

Now as above...please feel free to explain ya nonsense statement.

~EDIT~

2nd thoughts..someone lock this - its got as far off topic as it can go - its in the land of l33t nonsense as most other threads seem to end up in :(

Seriously can someone explain to this guy that he hasn't done anything on his own in this game.

Not gonna explain it all to you, if you don't understand, that YOU did NOT make all the tacticts for all the PvE encounters, RvR, SC temps, builds, and all other knowlage about the game that isn't ur own thoughts.
This was thought out by the "elite" ppl as I mentioned b4, the ones that played the most, was highest rr, had most lvl 50 toons, had the best gear etc. The elite ppl is the ones who evolving the game. It is very fucking simpel, and you shouldn't focus so much on that statement but the rest, the things you didn't quote.

If you can't grasp this then I guess ur illiterant or something. :m00:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Seriously can someone explain to this guy that he hasn't done anything on his own in this game.

Not gonna explain it all to you, if you don't understand, that YOU did NOT make all the tacticts for all the PvE encounters, RvR, SC temps, builds, and all other knowlage about the game that isn't ur own thoughts.
This was thought out by the "elite" ppl as I mentioned b4, the ones that played the most, was highest rr, had most lvl 50 toons, had the best gear etc. The elite ppl is the ones who evolving the game. It is very fucking simpel, and you shouldn't focus so much on that statement but the rest, the things you didn't quote.

If you can't grasp this then I guess ur illiterant or something. :m00:

So you l33t players designed RvR , came up with all the templates, worked out every PvE encounter and sorted out the patches for me...oh sorry I didnt realise....gee thanks your the best..

Again explain in detail...how did you l33t'ies further the game? I think the coders probably had a bit more to do with that than you.. and don't forget if that is your argument then all euro players cannot be considered l33t as USA gets everything first so they must be truly l33t and you fall into the same category as us no0bs then unless you play 24/7 on US as well as euro...

Welcome to the land of no0bs.

~EDIT~

Isnt this where you go into a Jack Nicholson rant about you being the people who keep us safe and let us sleep at night and that we CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom