whats up with the hatred of np?

K

kr0n

So far, when I've been in NP RvR group, so far only Warders (back when most of us were RR2-3), SotL numerous times. Most of the times we've either got beaten down by bigger numbers or chaining fgs (eg kill one, second comes from behind etc etc). My memory might fail me, or I mightve not been in group then.

Y

-yoda-

heheh this thread is goin nowhere... started off ok then it became a my dicks bigger than yours and i killed you more than you killed me thread :(( FACT is . NP are skillfull and know what they are doing , NOBODY is jelous of them . NOBODY wishes they were in NP . the reason they are disliked is because they do have some total utter assholes in there ranks ,

wether it be on IRC, BWforums or Mid/Excal itself they are disliked . id bet money that more peeps on mid/excal dislike em more than folks that like them there. ive seen NP killed MANY MANY times and been in groups that have killed them when it was even numbers. yes they are very hard to beat. and as always in rvr its who ever gets the 1st mezz of that ussually wins . but they can be beaten . you just gotta know who to kill 1st. maybe thats where u Pryd guys are goin wrong if you cant kill em :p ... as for why tarnish guilds name because of the small amount of people who are assholes "im sure NP have a lot of nice guys there" well as somebody said above when somebody in your guild wearsyour emblem and guild name above there head they represent your guild. so as it should be what they do reflects on the guild . if a guild has a bunch of assholes in it and they keep them there then that guild deserves a good flaming . especially with the attitude they have . they like to THINK they pwn where ever they go , but hat not the case . LA are/were the best guild on Excal NOT NP .i dunno much about PRYD . when they went to Camlann they nearly killed themselves IRL due to 24/7 exp grps to ding 50 1st. they ran around in mass groups ganking all the green/grey's and or yellow/blue and when the majority of the other well established guilds caught upto them . they ALL left the server or joined other guils claiming they were BORED of the game ..

but what i find funny is they say they left cammlan because they bored of the game and not because they scared of competition when everybody else catches them lvlwise.. but then they go and play reguler on hib/pryd :) dont sound like somebody bored of game to me . :)

anyways as i said its just there attitudes nobody likes . NOBODY can deny they aint good at what they do in rvr,

T

Talifer

Originally posted by gwal
hmm, how can ppl keep this np hatred up?

what is it that they do thats so wrong, move around in 2 fg+? ofc they do, its called guild rvr, a lot of guilds do it.

I'd say more people don't than do though.

People dislike guilds like NP because at some point or other their 1fg has been steam rollered by NPs 2fg.

People dislike not having a chance, if you get hit by 2fg of a particular guild once or twice, you curse them but forget soon enough. When you get hit by 2fg of NP for the 50th time it becomes tiresome.

These guilds claim superior skills but they hunt inferior opponents. If 1fg NP, beats 1fg of LA or FC then you might say they played better, they have skill, kudos, but if 2fg of NP slaughters 1fg of random albs just leaving the PK, well it's not exactly a challenge is it?

You can see this trend with other guilds now, it just so happens NP were the first to do it. Look at LA and Vengeance on Exc. In my opinion both these guilds commanded some respect when they roamed around in 1fg, they played well, class make up and teamwork payed off and when you ran into them you invariably came off worse. Yes it's annoying when they beat you (and arguments about realm strengths will always be there :)), but you still had a chance. Then they opted to up their numbers and run around in 2fg, this negates any chance your 1fg had of winning and you start getting steam rollered, this turns respect into contempt. People stop remembering if these people played well or not, because the overwhelming odds is the deciding factor. 1fg beats your 1fg you'll probably regroup and have another go, what's the point when it's 2fg outnumbering you 2 to 1?

These guilds play to get the most rps and be top of the rp tables on Duskwave etc... A constant presence of 2fg in Emain achieves this, but most people will dispise them for spoiling their RvR experience. Once you dispise such a guild, nothing they ever do will be right so they start getting flamed for everything.

Talifer

C

cougar-

It's like 4 differant threads about us now, relax or smth. Hi yoda btw, you gonne love prydwen forums.

E

eynar

Originally posted by -nicolas-

I was merely using your manerism, kind of pales in comparison to our claims of uberness doesn't it. You are the ones spouting your mouths off about us being no problem at all. When asked to back those claims up you come up with a load of extremely biased hearsay.

Me thinks you should re-read this thread again, since you seem to have mis-interpreted a lot of posts... :rolleyes:

- Spoufing our mouths about you being no problem at all? I guess you are referring to what Emma said, and I quote: "after some serious reorganisation in Onslaught concerning RvR groups and tactics we havent really had much of a problem with them". As far as I'm concerned there's still a big difference between what you say and she said.
- I also seem to have missed the post where you ask to back those claims (which claims btw? I missed those too) up?

P

primo

Originally posted by Ljors

Why would we start booting people from our guild. We play together as friends. We wouldnt play together if we didnt like eachother. Ofc there are some disputes among guildmembers but usually minor problems, and solved quickly.

RVR-Tauting and war banter is what this game is all about. PVE is an inevitable must we all go through, however boring it may seem.

So what if someone have an opinion about how or what should be done. We play this game as we think it should be played. We cant or wont play this game any other way. Take it or leave it.

Bring on the fLAMES!!

So your general opinion on this matter is as long as you play as friends you dont care about how people in the guild act towards non members? Then you must understand why people dont like NP.

K

kr0n

Maybe Nolby is a roleplaying guild.

All roleplaying l337 mofos who couldnt care less 'bout gimps who do nothing but whine and whine and dont show any sk33lz? ;)

O

Ottar

> Is Onslaught really a guild made to camp Odin's Gate MG's?

No but actually somewhat close. OS was based on mostly ex-EoO so called Odin's squad. People who did alot of their RvR in Odin's Gate for a long time. Camping milegates was a significant part of that.

Defending our realm is not necessarily a bad excuse. Long back, during them glorious days of old Nemesis alliance, pickets on entry milegates were actually good at keeping majority of small-to-medium invader groups out of our frontier and gave us early warning against relic raids. That strategy is much less effective now with our broken realm-wide communications but the principle is still applicaple.

We still do have more people running around in Odin's than albs do in Hadrian's and we always will. No matter how much Vayasen might want it to be otherwise.

Camping your milegates is good for the realm and is good for your soul. It develops patience and character. Emain is DAoC equivalent of rat-race while with practice and care, camping milegates in Odin's.. becomes a zen-like experience ;)

Ottar

O

old.Hardbein

Good point Kr0n :D

If so....they r damn good roleplayers ;)

/clap

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by old.Hardbein

/taunt = on

How do u know? We meet u guys mebe 3-5 times a night (max). Have u placed a homing device in Eynars backpack or summat...so u know where we r at all times?

Or r u some kind of SPY!!? :D

Or r u asking via IRC, "some mid do a /who onslaught please"

/taunt = off

Naah were just a bunch of peeps who realy like the encounters we meet in odins....the best quality of 1fg vs. 1fg is found in Odins imo....and at the same time beeing able to contibute to our realm makes odins prefered over emain by far.
Tbh fighting u guys is a challenge and nothing gets us more "fired up" than getting a fair and decent fight against NP, where skill decides who is victorious.
Regaring ur movies, yes ur recent ones is very good entertainment but can u please get a closeup on me next time ;)

PS: U guys look so cute when I /waved to u at hmgO the other day and all i get back is some Firbys /slit'ing and /taunt'ing me......u made me /cry :( Come on NP, i know u guys can be nice if u realy want :D

Maybe we can get together in Odins one day and we can ROLEPLAY with emotes again......muhahahaha :D

/kiss

Maybe best quality 1fg vs 1fg is in odin's, but not when you camp mg's

And we know you are there because we go there and you're always camping the HMG.

I wonder how you can keep it up really, you don't get bored? :sleeping:

N

)nick(

Originally posted by eynar

Me thinks you should re-read this thread again, since you seem to have mis-interpreted a lot of posts... :rolleyes:

- Spoufing our mouths about you being no problem at all? I guess you are referring to what Emma said, and I quote: "after some serious reorganisation in Onslaught concerning RvR groups and tactics we havent really had much of a problem with them". As far as I'm concerned there's still a big difference between what you say and she said.
- I also seem to have missed the post where you ask to back those claims (which claims btw? I missed those too) up?

You answer your second bullet in your first bullet. Emma, and you in my quote below, claim that we are no problem.

Originally posted by eynar
Yeah right...hahaha....we kicked your asses with even numbers a couple of times earlier in Odin's that day, and the one time you win is only shown in the movie. Most other meetings lead to a swift whooping of our arses? I really disagree with you there, as a matter of fact it has been the other way around most of the time these last couple of days...but anyway, bring it on punk!!

Selective memory? You disagree with me there, followed by an attempt to slag me off. I retort with some sarcasm, notice the stick poking animation, and then I am called a moron (by tindel, before you ask me in your next reply in an attempt to give your posts some meaning). Then you have the audacity to tell me I am misinterpreting the posts? You are trying to mock NP then proceed to act innocent when someone confronts you.

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Ottar
> Is Onslaught really a guild made to camp Odin's Gate MG's?

No but actually somewhat close. OS was based on mostly ex-EoO so called Odin's squad. People who did alot of their RvR in Odin's Gate for a long time. Camping milegates was a significant part of that.

Defending our realm is not necessarily a bad excuse. Long back, during them glorious days of old Nemesis alliance, pickets on entry milegates were actually good at keeping majority of small-to-medium invader groups out of our frontier and gave us early warning against relic raids. That strategy is much less effective now with our broken realm-wide communications but the principle is still applicaple.

We still do have more people running around in Odin's than albs do in Hadrian's and we always will. No matter how much Vayasen might want it to be otherwise.

Camping your milegates is good for the realm and is good for your soul. It develops patience and character. Emain is DAoC equivalent of rat-race while with practice and care, camping milegates in Odin's.. becomes a zen-like experience ;)

Ottar

But you do know that camping MG's destroys RvR? :eek:

E

Eleasias

Re: Re: whats up with the hatred of np?

Originally posted by Talifer

These guilds play to get the most rps and be top of the rp tables on Duskwave etc... A constant presence of 2fg in Emain achieves this, but most people will dispise them for spoiling their RvR experience. Once you dispise such a guild, nothing they ever do will be right so they start getting flamed for everything.

Talifer
ha ha, if you're saying LA constantly has 2 fg in emain you're full of shit, actually getting 2 fg is quite rare, but not as rare as 1 fg albs ...

K

kr0n

Re: Re: Re: whats up with the hatred of np?

Originally posted by Eleasias
ha ha, if you're saying LA constantly has 2 fg in emain you're full of shit, actually getting 2 fg is quite rare, but not as rare as 1 fg albs ...

Think we got 2fg once last week... For like 1-2 hours tops I think...

T

Talifer

Re: Re: Re: whats up with the hatred of np?

Originally posted by Eleasias

No I believe what I was trying to say was having 2fg in Emain 24/7 gets you lots of realm points. The more often you do it the more rps you get, Vengeance stepped it up a gear and LA died down somewhat, which is why Vengeance were gaining on LA rp wise (Did they overtake?, useless GOA still haven't fixed XML)

But if what you are saying is that at no time have LA ever had a spell where they were in Emain as 2fg on a regular basis, then my friend it is you who is full of it.

NP aren't in Emain as 2fg anymore (Well actually they have started again ;)), but it only takes a spell of a week or two rp farming like this for people's opinions to form. Shaking those opinions is a lot harder than forming them.

I'm not having a go here, I'm just answering the original question, in my opinion this is why people don't like NP, but it's only really relevant for enemy realms, I wouldn't know why realm mates don't like them.

Talifer

T

tindel

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
Maybe we can get together in Odins one day and we can ROLEPLAY with emotes again......muhahahaha :D
/kiss

hahah I second that, I've heard NP is damn fine Roleplayers :p

E

eynar

Originally posted by -nicolas-

You answer your second bullet in your first bullet. Emma, and you in my quote below, claim that we are no problem.

Selective memory? You disagree with me there, followed by an attempt to slag me off. I retort with some sarcasm, notice the stick poking animation, and then I am called a moron (by tindel, before you ask me in your next reply in an attempt to give your posts some meaning). Then you have the audacity to tell me I am misinterpreting the posts? You are trying to mock NP then proceed to act innocent when someone confronts you.

Oh please, not going to bother replying to this anymore...first of all, I was never mocking NP, and even if I was, then I sure as hell wouldn't act innocent when confronted with it. Dunno, you seem to be reading a whole lot of things I can't see at all in these posts, not to mention your black/white reasoning...there's grey too you know...:rolleyes: Anyway, I won't be replying here anymore, guess I'm afraid to be confronted with things i say i guess :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom