whats up with the hatred of np?

V

Vell

Why should we balme a guild for people's bad behavior? Because if people are behaving badly, they get a warning and second time booted from the guild. That's how it works.

Every single member of GoV is an ambassador. The behavior of each and every one of them reflects on the guild as a whole. If we get reports of them misbehaving, we give them a warning, and if necessary, remove them from the guild (and yes, we have removed offending people before).

The problem here is that NP don't do that. They have twats in thier guild, and do nothing about it. Doing nothing is seen to be supporting thier behavior.

The fact is by not taking action against offending members, NP have given themselves this reputation, and will be marred with it until the do do something about it.

V

Vell

Booting people is Fun!

(Sorry you didn't get to go on the raid Tas :( we died anyway :p )

O

Ottar

> That was merely the excuse people used because they weren't used
> to losing the way they did against us on this server.

That may well be so. For the sake of argument, lets assume its true.

So, you came and introduced something into Prydwen RvR that made you difficult to beat with even numbers. So, your opposition baf's, then you do, escalation all the way back to zergs. And now, to your second point:

> Running around with 2fgs all the time is very tiresome

Exactly. Running 1fg is fun, 2fg is something of a pain, 3fg makes you less than half as mobile and responsive than you had with 1fg and more than 3fg you have basically pressure and irritation for people running it, boredom to troops and very little fun at all.

But getting routinely beaten while running with 1fg is even more tiresome and less rewarding. Choosing the lesser evil of zerg, still leaves us with added evil of less fun with running 2+fg due to added overhead.

So far, it has been my theory that most what makes NP so relatively effective is that you manage to get the 2fg thing running quicker and more smoothly than most of your opponents. Is there any truth to that theory?

Ottar

P

primo

Originally posted by tildson
Dont judge anyone by their behaviour on BW imo

I dont... Ive played with some NP that are nice and have run into some complete idiots.

P

primo

Originally posted by Freppe^^

Lets say ur guild leader for a guild aye.
And you invite a bunch of peeps that seems okey right.
I name em x,e,f,g .. they act like "utter morons" to ppl outside the guild, how should the gm's know bout that? AND WHY SHOULD THE GUILD BE BLAMED FOR THAT? if that doesnt make sense to you i dont know what to do. The ppl should be blamed, not the entire guild.

They dont know but they should try to know as much about them, because it will affect the guilds reputation if they act badly.

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by Freppe^^
Lets say ur guild leader for a guild aye.
And you invite a bunch of peeps that seems okey right.
I name em x,e,f,g .. they act like "utter morons" to ppl outside the guild, how should the gm's know bout that? AND WHY SHOULD THE GUILD BE BLAMED FOR THAT? if that doesnt make sense to you i dont know what to do. The ppl should be blamed, not the entire guild.

"Cut one, all bleed."

"Act like an arsehole, label the guild."

Same logic, different words.
Now, either start booting or start admitting to being a bunch of twats.
Your choice.

O

old.Emma

makes me laugh sometimes though.. upto ~2 weeks ago NP were a tough bunch to beat but after some serious reorganisation in Onslaught concerning RvR groups and tactics we havent really had much of a problem with them. There are times when things a little pear shaped. ie people go afk and NP appear out of no where :/ but these things happen.

The problem with random groups is they dont have the tools or knowledge (some do some dont) of the classes they need to be effective against NP. Most if not all the random mid groups ive been in during hunts in emain have just gone for the nearest target to them in a desperate attempt to get rp`s, mean while there`s druids/bards/wardens healing the front line force and casters nuking the crap out of people. If people stopped and actually thaught about what there going to do they might actually get somewhere.

I must agree that some of the attitudes from NP members are a little immature, but that can be expected from any guild tbh after all mmorpg`s are for all age ranges. It`s just a shame that the actions of 1 person can reflect on the guild as a whole, but thats just life.

L

Ljors

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr

"Cut one, all bleed."

Your choice.

Why would we start booting people from our guild. We play together as friends. We wouldnt play together if we didnt like eachother. Ofc there are some disputes among guildmembers but usually minor problems, and solved quickly.

RVR-Tauting and war banter is what this game is all about. PVE is an inevitable must we all go through, however boring it may seem.

So what if someone have an opinion about how or what should be done. We play this game as we think it should be played. We cant or wont play this game any other way. Take it or leave it.

Bring on the fLAMES!!

C

cougar-

It's just flattering to see all threads with 34543 differant ppls views about us, how we perform, how act in rvr, how we are as humans, what we did at milegate x, relicraid y, it's been like this since server opened and yes, we are used to it. Much ppl that spread all there negativ views about us has often been rejected when they begged to join guild, or maybe got lectured because of bad performance in rvr and now feel that they wanna kickback on a safe place. No problem, we can take it. So have fun flaming/give us cred about this and that and this and that thing some of our members/guildmasters/pets did yesterday or 1 year ago. Same goes for all topguilds on all servers on u.s and german/french boards, fame has it's price.

S

scarffs

1. Yes they are near invincible imo when facing even numbers.

The key ? 1. Play well together
2. Have high realm ranks
3. Make the best group possible ( combination of classes )
4. Be hibs because imo ( no whine, no flame ) Hib has the best blend to make the perfect group possible with classes that are played a lot so available.

Ex 1 Druid, 2 warden, 2-3 chanters, 1-2 bards, 1-2 whatever ( hero perhaps )

As you might know, each one of this classes has a good cc tool, stun for chanters, uber mezz for bards, root druid and whatevers tend to be mooses with big shields or champs who do something nasty to me and I tend to not move afterwards...

N

)nick(

Originally posted by old.Emma
makes me laugh sometimes though.. upto ~2 weeks ago NP were a tough bunch to beat but after some serious reorganisation in Onslaught concerning RvR groups and tactics we havent really had much of a problem with them. There are times when things a little pear shaped. ie people go afk and NP appear out of no where :/ but these things happen.

Yes, when you outnumber us, camp some milegate or jump us while fighting others ofcourse we won't be much of a problem. We are a team who take chances and risks to break the monotony that is rvr at times and test the limits of our abilities.
The difference is that in open field combat we will give any team a good run for their money. Nobody is invincible, even though we should be judging by most of the accusations thrown at us, but we aren't.

O

old.moriath

I just find it hard to take NP seriously when they welcome into their ranks a person who hacks other peoples computers ( i think we all know who). After he has had his account banned and been proven that he did it yet they still have these sort of people in the ranks of their guild.

So how can we trust them ??

Edit: And give them any respect as by doing this they seem to be condoning this guys actions.

T

tindel

Naaaah, Onslaught has given you some real good asskicking in even numbers so stop crying 'zerg' everytime you die.

Or like NP would have put it, "stfu RR2 boi."

N

)nick(

Originally posted by tindel
Naaaah, Onslaught has given you some real good asskicking in even numbers so stop crying 'zerg' everytime you die.

Or like NP would have put it, "stfu RR2 boi."

Incident at hmg odin being the prime example of both us being outnumbered AND you camping a milegate, and even then we beat you as has been shown in the form of a movie. Most other meetings have led to the swift wooping of your proverbial arses :)

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.moriath
I just find it hard to take NP seriously when they welcome into their ranks a person who hacks other peoples computers ( i think we all know who). After he has had his account banned and been proven that he did it yet they still have these sort of people in the ranks of their guild.

So how can we trust them ??

Edit: And give them any respect as by doing this they seem to be condoning this guys actions.

He joined us at pvp server, had no clue of any hacking at that time, was recommended by a friend of him thats rather well known. And we liked him as a gimp in guild so didnt have the heart to kick him.

E

eynar

Everyone hates NP so much cuz they all |-|axx0rs Da0( u$ing l33t r@dar 8ug expl0it t00l$ p@(ket §niff3r tr0j@n k3yl0gg3r DoS brut3 f0rc3 8uff3r 0v3rfl0w s0urç3 r0uting p@(k3t sp00fing IP phr3@k H0@x3$ 8a(kd00r Cr@(k3r§ !

:hat: :hat:

S£1(k Pu|\||< d@ (YB3R-\/\/1zZ@rd

aka

E

eynar

Originally posted by -nicolas-

Incident at hmg odin being the prime example of both us being outnumbered AND you camping a milegate, and even then we beat you as has been shown in the form of a movie. Most other meetings have led to the swift wooping of your proverbial arses :)

Yeah right...hahaha....we kicked your asses with even numbers a couple of times earlier in Odin's that day, and the one time you win is only shown in the movie. Most other meetings lead to a swift whooping of our arses? I really disagree with you there, as a matter of fact it has been the other way around most of the time these last couple of days...but anyway, bring it on punk!!:swords: :mgwhore: :twak: :touch: :cheers:

N

)nick(

Originally posted by eynar

Yeah right...hahaha....we kicked your asses with even numbers a couple of times earlier in Odin's that day, and the one time you win is only shown in the movie. Most other meetings lead to a swift whooping of our arses? I really disagree with you there, as a matter of fact it has been the other way around most of the time these last couple of days...but anyway, bring it on punk!!:swords: :mgwhore: :twak: :touch: :cheers:

It's still your word against my movie! Muahahaha! If you keep beating us howcome the only footage I've seen from you guys is of you beating on some drakulvs with someone banging pots and pans together for the soundtrack. Showing off on the boards is so last season.

:touch:

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr

"Cut one, all bleed."

Your choice.

Thats how ppl do! Which it shouldn't. There is several other ways you can handle it. Like speaking to the guy? Rather than kicking the guy from the guild? Try to sort it out? How do you know how NP do? They maybe work it out within the guild. Should you flame em cause of that? Thats pathetic. IMHO you all ppl should mind your own buisness. Also remember folks , this is a game , its should be fun.

M

MesS°

Flamming NP is a good way to get urself some attension good or bad... I would do it myself but all the good flame treads on NP has been taken.. twice...

T

tindel

people like to watch daoc movies, the thread starter mentioned it contained some pbae exping so why DL it and complain its not RvR, moron

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by old.Emma

The problem with random groups is they dont have the tools or knowledge (some do some dont) of the classes they need to be effective against NP. Most if not all the random mid groups ive been in during hunts in emain have just gone for the nearest target to them in a desperate attempt to get rp`s, mean while there`s druids/bards/wardens healing the front line force and casters nuking the crap out of people. If people stopped and actually thaught about what there going to do they might actually get somewhere.

Is Onslaught really a guild made to camp Odin's Gate MG's ?

It seems to me at least -- because that's all you do really.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by tindel
people like to watch daoc movies, the thread starter mentioned it contained some pbae exping so why DL it and complain its not RvR, moron

I'm not complaining its not a RVR movie. I pointed it out to show you that you don't have a leg to stand on because it's your word against my footage. Remember, subtlety is the art of saying what you think and getting out of the way before it is understood. I hope you've twigged it now, if so I'll be leaving this thread for what it is.

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by cougar-

He joined us at pvp server, had no clue of any hacking at that time, was recommended by a friend of him thats rather well known. And we liked him as a gimp in guild so didnt have the heart to kick him.

Hmm, well according to his own statement in this thread he had already been accepted as a member for the PvP server when he did that. And this doesn't make any warning bells ring, even if it is quite some time after?

E

eynar

Originally posted by -nicolas-

It's still your word against my movie! Muahahaha! If you keep beating us howcome the only footage I've seen from you guys is of you beating on some drakulvs with someone banging pots and pans together for the soundtrack. Showing off on the boards is so last season.

:touch:

Omg, sorry, you're absolutely right, I accept your uberness....or wait a minute...maybe, just maybe it could be related to the fact that the person who made that movie only plays doac once every couple of weeks. Dunno, just guessing.

BTW: your reasoning has made the subject of this thread understandable to a lot of people I'm sure :rolleyes:

E

eynar

Originally posted by Teador

Some people actually prefer defending their realm above non-stop emain zerging, tho I am aware this may be hard to understand for some rp-whores ;)

N

)nick(

Omg, sorry, you're absolutely right, I accept your uberness....or wait a minute...maybe, just maybe it could be related to the fact that the person who made that movie only plays doac once every couple of weeks. Dunno, just guessing.

BTW: your reasoning has made the subject of this thread understandable to a lot of people I'm sure :rolleyes:

I was merely using your manerism, kind of pales in comparison to our claims of uberness doesn't it. You are the ones spouting your mouths off about us being no problem at all. When asked to back those claims up you come up with a load of extremely biased hearsay.

J

j000 d000d

Some people actually prefer defending their realm above non-stop emain zerging, tho I am aware this may be hard to understand for some rp-whores ;)

"Realm Defence" is a very very bad excuse you know :p

O

old.Hardbein

/taunt = on

How do u know? We meet u guys mebe 3-5 times a night (max). Have u placed a homing device in Eynars backpack or summat...so u know where we r at all times?

Or r u some kind of SPY!!? :D

Or r u asking via IRC, "some mid do a /who onslaught please"

/taunt = off

Naah were just a bunch of peeps who realy like the encounters we meet in odins....the best quality of 1fg vs. 1fg is found in Odins imo....and at the same time beeing able to contibute to our realm makes odins prefered over emain by far.
Tbh fighting u guys is a challenge and nothing gets us more "fired up" than getting a fair and decent fight against NP, where skill decides who is victorious.
Regaring ur movies, yes ur recent ones is very good entertainment but can u please get a closeup on me next time ;)

PS: U guys look so cute when I /waved to u at hmgO the other day and all i get back is some Firbys /slit'ing and /taunt'ing me......u made me /cry :( Come on NP, i know u guys can be nice if u realy want :D

Maybe we can get together in Odins one day and we can ROLEPLAY with emotes again......muhahahaha :D

/kiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom