What's the point?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
If I mention him, he's bound to have something to do with it!

But I doubt the albs would worship a Scandinavian God =D

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
He wants to solo...not to suicide....especially with a opening 2H PA for +700dam and a guy that hits 3 times more and as more toys/Ras then toys r us

you mean like infs and shades do 1h?

2h PA is far from as good as people claim it to be.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
you mean like infs and shades do 1h?

2h PA is far from as good as people claim it to be.
Got hit for 1.8k on my merc once, which looks like proper damage to me, even if it includes a crit.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Got hit for 1.8k on my merc once, which looks like proper damage to me, even if it includes a crit.

sitting down naked? because stood up i dont belive that at all.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
GrivneKelmorian said:
sitting down naked? because stood up i dont belive that at all.

I've had a lucky PA on 'Dwchick' - RR6 Mercenary : 7xx damage. My cap is 9xx damage.

If you assume a 2H has a cap of 1450 (thats a fair assumption?) that would been a 1125 PA uncritted on that merc *IF* a SB had the same random-number-generator luck as me. Then a nice crit you would been looking at 1600+ already.

That was with slash btw, you can expect some better hits with the right type of leggie on mercs (most mercs either lack energy, spirit or matter resists).

I wouldnt say its impossible to be honest.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I've only been 2H PAd for over 1k about three times ever on my theurg, and never on my minstrel. I won't say the PA damage isn't unbalancing for stealth wars, but I really do wonder if the casters who whine about getting constantly one-shotted, actually know what a self-AF buff is :m00:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
I've only been 2H PAd for over 1k about three times ever on my theurg, and never on my minstrel. I won't say the PA damage isn't unbalancing for stealth wars, but I really do wonder if the casters who whine about getting constantly one-shotted, actually know what a self-AF buff is :m00:
Still hurts :d

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I got hit for 1150 with backstab today (that is not a lie, and I got capped melee resists :p)

And no, this wasn't PA as I got stunned for 3 seconds :p

Was a norseman SB with a 2h champion sword :(

I was on my Wizard though.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
I got hit for 1150 with backstab today (that is not a lie, and I got capped melee resists :p)

And no, this wasn't PA as I got stunned for 3 seconds :p

Was a norseman SB with a 2h champion sword :(

I was on my Wizard though.

probly a crit, if not a very lucky hit. my cap with 2h champ sword is around 1150 aswell.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
GrivneKelmorian said:
probly a crit, if not a very lucky hit. my cap with 2h champ sword is around 1150 aswell.

I need to raise my PA damage on inf :p

500 mainhand on stealthers doesn't cut it! ^^

illu

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:

Nerf! :> That's about how much I PA for :> My kobbie is a wimp :/

Oli - Illu

auroria

Banned
perhaps someone battlered his target, and had banespike going ? and perhap some reaver had abs debuffed him?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Nerf! :> That's about how much I PA for :> My kobbie is a wimp :/

Oli - Illu

I think he was talking about his PA aswell ;) My PA dmg would be around 600-700 on leather, maxing on 900 on clothes. That's what 50 CS does to you :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
PA-variance is just horrible, it has the potential to do loads of damage, but more often then not you perf people for just abit over the enervating HP-penalty, which means the PA itself doesnt offer much damage more then an unstyled hit.

The real advantage lies in Creeping Death, which you must purge, leaving you open for DoT-mines and such. Atleast, thats my experience. If there's anything I would like to see is the variance on PA's to be tightened. Perfing a caster for 496 while he has 29% resists is just silly IMO. Especially when he nukes back for over 500 :S

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I usually hit casters for about 700 mainhand, leather for around 500+ and chain for 400 - 500 (no idea why).

rr2 though, so rr5 (if I can be bothered to play that long) will probably help.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Straef next time I log in if you've got a minute can we have a quick Duel - want to test out something in my new CL line spec for tank-killing...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:
Straef next time I log in if you've got a minute can we have a quick Duel - want to test out something in my new CL line spec for tank-killing...
But... I don't want to die :(:(

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:

pretty normal pa dmg with 1h, atleast for me.

wish i could get up to the 900ish mh on assasins that infs do on me :|

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:
I usually hit casters for about 700 mainhand, leather for around 500+ and chain for 400 - 500 (no idea why).

rr2 though, so rr5 (if I can be bothered to play that long) will probably help.

Relics help ^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom