Whats the new fotm set up now ?

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Martok said:
If you have ever played with fiannon he should have been a sorc tbh he mezzes everything even before the sorcs have seen it lol!!!

maybe u havent been playing with good sorcs then

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
4 ml10 bl mercs, 1 sorc, 1 pala, 2 clerics.

or

2 ml10 bl mercs, 1 ml10 bm friar, 1 theurg, 2 clerics, 1 pala, 1 sorc.

or

2 ml10 bl mercs, 1 hybrid ml10 bm thrust arms, 1 caba, 1 theurg, 2 clerics, 1 sorc.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
for alb, imo:

2 cleric, 1 mind sorc, friar, 3 merc, 1 reaver

or

2 cleric, 1 theu, 1 mind sorc, 1 body sorc, 1 fire wizz, friar, reaver *cough*

aw, well, in every group there is 1 reaver, but no, thats not cos I am a reaver! xD

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Marchus said:
for alb, imo:

or

aw, well, in every group there is 1 reaver, but no, thats not cos I am a reaver! xD

ur 1st setup has 9 ppl :p

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
saitoh said:

wtf.

k:
1. cleric
2. cleric
3. sorc
4. friar
5. merc
6. merc
7. merc
8. reaver

hmm, I can't see where is it 8, or I am rly tired. 0o

something must be wrong, imo it's meh.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Marchus said:
wtf.

k:
1. cleric
2. cleric
3. sorc
4. friar
5. merc
6. merc
7. merc
8. reaver

hmm, I can't see where is it 8, or I am rly tired. 0o

something must be wrong, imo it's meh.

k, lets see from the back!

1. reaver
2. merc
3. merc
4. merc
5. friar
7. sorc
8. cleric
9. cleric

hmm, mebbe u are right. but then, it should be good from the other back.:

1. cleric
2. cleric
3. mind
4. sorc
5. friar
6. merc
7. merc
8. merc
9. reaver

u rly don't want that reaver in the group -/
something must be wrong. xD

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
fatty sorcs like saitoh take up 2 grp slots :(

no, saitoh's mind need 1 slot, sorc another. -)
[soz, couldn't resist -/ ]

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
Standard minimum for alb group ;p

<hides>

now I know why did every1 said that aod zerg! U guys always saw our little fishy sorc (Uberalma) as 2 sorc! so AoD wasn't zerging, just u tought that ;<

Lethul

FH is my second home
Grund said:
in theory yes but in practice 3x BL BMs>>>>>2xBL BM+1BM champ :D from my experience at least :D
and what stops warden to BG MA?

Radar.jpg

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Marchus said:
k, lets see from the back!

1. cleric
2. cleric
3. mind
4. sorc
5. friar
6. merc
7. merc
8. merc
9. reaver

u rly don't want that reaver in the group -/
something must be wrong. xD

rofl strong mt i did , yes yes ;(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
saitoh said:
i can understand if u wanna run 2 mind sorcs . helps alot with cc ,but respecing 1 to body is kinda silly since caba has more utility than body sorc in group , even a 2nd theurgist would be better. imo ;o

(altho a 2nd SOI isnt that bad)

but then again if u have good players any setup will do :eek:
doesnt have to be fotm

We like the double cc part especially if the primary one fucks up. but when in combat 1 of the sorcs goes dmg duty usually and the lifetap cost and dmg is utter crap.

Changing a winning concept tho. not sure

We havent respecced him yet due to 20P stones =]

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Chimaira said:
We like the double cc part especially if the primary one fucks up. but when in combat 1 of the sorcs goes dmg duty usually and the lifetap cost and dmg is utter crap.

my dmg aint crap!!! :O

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:

Actually sorc lifetap should outdmg the spec nuke, given they have equal amount of modified skill ~~

in terms of dps that is, not dmg per nuke ofc

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Actually sorc lifetap should outdmg the spec nuke, given they have equal amount of modified skill ~~

in terms of dps that is, not dmg per nuke ofc
I made some test with my rm and bubble's sorc and bubble's lifetap was no way near my dmg. Like 2-300 lower. I know I've specced for extream nuke and bubble hasn't but I doubt he could raise his dmg that much with ra spec and a few +skill. But you think I'm lying anyway so why do I bother telling you :p

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Zebolt said:
I made some test with my rm and bubble's sorc and bubble's lifetap was no way near my dmg. Like 2-300 lower. I know I've specced for extream nuke and bubble hasn't but I doubt he could raise his dmg that much with ra spec and a few +skill. But you think I'm lying anyway so why do I bother telling you :p

should test my sorc !!!!!

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Marchus said:
for alb, imo:

or

saitoh said:

1.Cleric
2.Cleric
3.Mind sorc
4.Friar
5.Merc
6.Merc
7.Merc
8.Reaver

= 8 no? :eek:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:

Nope I don't think you're lying, but sorc lifetap has 2.5 cst spd and your nuke has 2.8 cst spd.

Dno what spec bubble is, but each +skill is around 0.4% more dmg. So if he got say 31+15 (normal sorc etc) and you got 50+19, you got 9,6% more dmg just there.

And dunno about lvl of mom/aa on bubble, but you could easily gain another ~~15% there.

Then there's the fact that your nuke has to nuke 12% harder just to compensate for the slower cast speed.

(And I'm just assuming you had same lvl of resists / resist pierce or any comparison whatsoever is just ridiculous to make :p)

And btw, I said sorc lifetap outdmg the sorc spec nuke - runemaster spec nuke is 10 more delve..)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Nope I don't think you're lying, but sorc lifetap has 2.5 cst spd and your nuke has 2.8 cst spd.
Was just joking cuz' you didn't believe me in the other thread about nuking for cap dmg :>

Old.Ilum said:
(And I'm just assuming you had same lvl of resists / resist pierce or any comparison whatsoever is just ridiculous to make :p)
I stripped bubble naked and buffed up my rm before testing ofc ;)

Old.Ilum said:
And btw, I said sorc lifetap outdmg the sorc spec nuke - runemaster spec nuke is 10 more delve..)
Pfft, you didn't specify which spec nuke, but ok fair enough then, that I don't know anything about.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Well the reason is overpowered lajftap does more dmg compared to delve than normal dd's.

209 / 2.8 = 74,64
179 / 2.5 = 71.6

Without this bonus, the spec has more dps. I don't know the exact % of the bonus, it's said to be around 5-6%. Apparently, spiritmaster spec nuke > runemaster spec nuke in this same way ~~

(pretty easy to test with a dark sm, just do a baseline nuke, then a spec nuke, and notice how much more dmg the lifetap does in % compared to its delve)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
What I read somewhere is that the lifetap gets a damage bonus equal to 1/10 of the damage returned as hp. Which means that dark sm gets an 8% bonus to dps since the life returned is 80% of damage done (I think). And sorc gets what, 6% bonus? (60% hp returned as life?)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Well the reason is overpowered lajftap does more dmg compared to delve than normal dd's.

209 / 2.8 = 74,64
179 / 2.5 = 71.6

Without this bonus, the spec has more dps. I don't know the exact % of the bonus, it's said to be around 5-6%. Apparently, spiritmaster spec nuke > runemaster spec nuke in this same way ~~

(pretty easy to test with a dark sm, just do a baseline nuke, then a spec nuke, and notice how much more dmg the lifetap does in % compared to its delve)
But here comes the dps thingy again. Sure it looks good on paper but is it rly? How long does it take for a dark sm to out dmg me in dps? 10 sec? more? The thing is we allmost never stand and nuke freely for a long period of time and the difference between a capped speed 2.5 sec nuke and a capped speed 2.8 sec nuke isn't 0.3 sec :>

Would be nice to something we can use instead of just some numbers that doesn't mean anything :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
But here comes the dps thingy again. Sure it looks good on paper but is it rly? How long does it take for a dark sm to out dmg me in dps? 10 sec? more? The thing is we allmost never stand and nuke freely for a long period of time and the difference between a capped speed 2.5 sec nuke and a capped speed 2.8 sec nuke isn't 0.3 sec :>

Would be nice to something we can use instead of just some numbers that doesn't mean anything :p

No, the dps thingy doesnt come here again. Caster with higher dps will outdmg from the first cast on - it's not like melee'rs, who get their first hit for free ~~ And doesnt matter you get dex and stuff to boost your cast speed, the 2.5 will still cast the same % faster.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
not with decent bodyguarder ~~

best is a mix of caster and tanks really - pure nukers arent that great, need some extra utility.

Any alb group wants a sorcerer and a theurgist imo. If you wanna run 3 casters Cabalist is best on the last spot.

I dont find reavers worth it really, Mercs > them, better dmg output, charge and stoicism > TWF and the little extra hybrid utility. They had their moment of glory in 1.70 :p

I agree with saitoh on alb set-up :)

Id say it depends on how you play the reaver, Zell plays his very very well and is damn lethal with AT+SQ+TWF+Other BLstuff.. and he alone can keep 2-3 casters interrupted aswell pretty easy. And! Reaver is very very nice vs BGd casters whereas my Merc falters and cant do much else but run off and let the caster nuke if my MLs happen to be down.

We run:

2 Clerics
Paladin
Theurg
Sorc
Merc
Reaver

as base, and fill with mincer/merc/friar depending on what we have around. A _good_ minstrel is worth it, otherwise its rubbish, another merc is quite nice and friar is also very nice if hes good. We dont really have any problems with any setup with our group, castergroups tend to go down very fast though without a stop nearly, BLs just run them down. Mids tankgroups are always fuuun fights if they are good since it can last for ages :)

As Hib i'd go 2BMs, champ, menta + support for stacking ST and banelords. Can trade one BM for a lighteld if you face alot of casters.

As Mid, 2-3 healers, 2 zerks, warr, skald, shaman and a BD or SM if not using 3 healers.

Something like that anyways :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom