Whats the new fotm set up now ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Tank groups seem to back in fashion.

Ran BG friar & BG pally in same grp last week and worked very well. :) Tonight ran 2 x reaver 1 x merc 1 x friar 1 x mini 1 x sorc 2 x cleric and did very well :)

It seems theres alot more "open combat" these days. Im actually quite happy mid and hib got our keeps, means you guys are back in the action quicker :p

So plze tell, whats hot and whats not across the ocean ?

Jjuraa

Banned
Tank grps ftw i hope, especially with server merge imminent *polishes savage*

Gamah

Banned
In case anyone didn't know "Savage" is the pet name for his penis..

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, current fotm setup I guess is:
Mid: supp rm, bg warrior, 2 bl zerkers
Hib: light eld, 2 bl bm's and bl champ
Alb: not sure, but something like bl reaver, 2 bl mercs (or pally), bg friar, theurg

And some variations exist, especially for mid and alb I guess, but the hib setup is prolly teh fotm and most badass setup. Such luck that wardens get to be bg and twf bot:-P At least the most badass hib groups on excal use that setup.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
there are a few setups i wana try in alb atm 8)

friar, heratic, shearing cleric, cleric, bl merc/reaver, sorc, bl merc, thurg/hybrid caba.

same 4 healers + sorc, 2x ice wiz, reaver

and friar/pala,2x cleric, sorc and 4 thurgs

not any toa'd tics yet tho so i guess ill have 2 w8 a bit 8)

i like the idea of an alb group with 3xdi and full resist buffs and possiably 2xboad. Instead of one of the mercs u could have a minst for sos or a second dps caster as well would work nicely 8) or even a pole arms for the ultimate defencive ra group =o

also like the idea of the immence pet spam 4 thurgs could make :D

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Our best setup on US that we kill anything with :p

2x BL Mercs (HO Pr0n slakt)
2x Sorc (2x Mind atm =P after respec 1 is 47 body)
2x Cleric (doh?)
1x Paladin(for thy bg and end)
1xTheurgist(Must, have,for,good,interupt, and haste+Eb rocks to :p

We run a reaver as bger sometiems isntead of paladin. us mercs getting used to end potions. bl reaver sux0r pre rr5 we thought =]

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
The best setup imo atm is:

3x support (4 for mid)
1x caster (2 for albion)
2x light tank (3 for hib)
1x bg tank

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
much easier to keep a tank grp alive at least, casters go down so fast vs tankgrps :eek:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
much easier to keep a tank grp alive at least, casters go down so fast vs tankgrps :eek:

not with decent bodyguarder ~~

best is a mix of caster and tanks really - pure nukers arent that great, need some extra utility.

Any alb group wants a sorcerer and a theurgist imo. If you wanna run 3 casters Cabalist is best on the last spot.

I dont find reavers worth it really, Mercs > them, better dmg output, charge and stoicism > TWF and the little extra hybrid utility. They had their moment of glory in 1.70 :p

I agree with saitoh on alb set-up :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:

best is a mix of caster and tanks really - pure nukers arent that great, need some extra utility.

Any alb group wants a sorcerer and a theurgist imo. If you wanna run 3 casters Cabalist is best on the last spot.

I dont find reavers worth it really, Mercs > them, better dmg output, charge and stoicism > TWF and the little extra hybrid utility. They had their moment of glory in 1.70 :p

3 x ML8, RR5 reavers in group is very situational - tbh it needs the zerg :p But the way it is atm, believe me 3 x reavers rocks. with reavers it aint just the bomb - combine it with syncronised st3 & sos and you got a winner :)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:

but would a slam, bg & grapple reaver (twf & ze bomb) not be better utility rather than 2 mercs & pally, 1 reaver could tie up 2 assisting tanks if played well, switiching bg etc......just asking

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Well, current fotm setup I guess is:
Hib: light eld, 2 bl bm's and bl champ

why BL champ? 3 BL is too much imo. VS Tank groups, 2 bl and 1 battlemaster is better imo.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
why use bl champ when u can use another fotm bm ? :)

offensive champ with debuffs and stuff can be nice on assist train imo :p

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Grund said:
cos warden is battlemaster already maybe? :D

thats true, but enemie's assist train can still kill the hib MA easily?
and 3 BL is a bit too much? 2 BL 2 BG > 3 BL 1 BG imo

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Marchus said:
thats true, but enemie's assist train can still kill the hib MA easily?
and 3 BL is a bit too much? 2 BL 2 BG > 3 BL 1 BG imo
in theory yes but in practice 3x BL BMs>>>>>2xBL BM+1BM champ :D from my experience at least :D
and what stops warden to BG MA?

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Grund said:
and what stops warden to BG MA?

mainly he take care of the caster and droods. Champ is much more closer to the MA then the warden, and the warden have to run to the MA, and it takes time.l

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Chimaira said:
just like ours but we run 2 sorcs =]

i can understand if u wanna run 2 mind sorcs . helps alot with cc ,but respecing 1 to body is kinda silly since caba has more utility than body sorc in group , even a 2nd theurgist would be better. imo ;o

(altho a 2nd SOI isnt that bad)

but then again if u have good players any setup will do :eek:
doesnt have to be fotm

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
saitoh said:
i can understand if u wanna run 2 mind sorcs . helps alot with cc ,but respecing 1 to body is kinda silly since caba has more utility than body sorc in group , even a 2nd theurgist would be better. imo ;o

(altho a 2nd SOI isnt that bad)

but then again if u have good players any setup will do :eek:
doesnt have to be fotm

be better to have a 2nd baod (cab) than a soi that only effects one char surely? (I agree with your setup btw :E)

Martok

Part of the furniture
Well tbh my personal setup would be

2 x Merc (BL)
1 x Heretic (BL) (Good to run with as its another Di + 75% Magic resistantce add for group) <Sooner i ml and toa mine the better>
2 x Cleric
1 x Sorc
1 x Frair (BGer)
1 x thurg

Thats the Setup i would love to try

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Marchus said:
mainly he take care of the caster and droods. Champ is much more closer to the MA then the warden, and the warden have to run to the MA, and it takes time.l
Didnt have that problem with wardens that i grped they were excatly where they supposed to be :D

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Martok said:
Well tbh my personal setup would be

2x Merc (BL)
1x Heretic (BL) (Good to run with as its another Di + 75% Magic resistantce add for group) <Sooner i ml and toa mine the better>
2x Cleric
1 x reaver (Body Guard spec tbh)
1 x Frair (BGer)
1 x thurg

Thats the Setup i would love to try

theurgist as main ccer r0x

Martok

Part of the furniture
saitoh said:
theurgist as main ccer r0x

If you have ever played with fiannon he should have been a sorc tbh he mezzes everything even before the sorcs have seen it lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom