Whats the most coolest thing youve done?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sparda said:
Jiu Jitsu

Jiu jitsu is a grappling art, based on sweeps, joint locks and basic striking, and ground fighting. I train it, what where you doing with weapons? + jiu jitsu is not an art that can handle 10 people at once. i call work.

Who did you train under, who was this guy and what branch of jiu jitsu was it?

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
can't really think of anything apart from 'ultra-dissing' some tossers at secondary school and then bitch slapping one of them. can't really remember what i said though
actually, cutting open a sheeps eye was pretty cool. the stuff in the middle squirted out and the guy stood next to me vomited everywhere.
good times...

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
LMAO thats because you were obviously malnurited before ;).

Yeah i was :p

Gains are slowing up on the scales now though :(

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
Jiu jitsu is a grappling art, based on sweeps, joint locks and basic striking, and ground fighting. I train it, what where you doing with weapons? + jiu jitsu is not an art that can handle 10 people at once. i call work.

Who did you train under, who was this guy and what branch of jiu jitsu was it?

i used to train at leeds town then moved on. John something (mcnally maybe?) or other was the name of sensi. The actual thing happened at some show at the Birmingham arena.
Re read what i wrote, missed out the V. But we went fast enough for it to be nearly all at once :)

Cant remeber the name of the old bloke, iirc he was from yorkshire somewhere.

We did alot of wrok with kosh's, swords, knifes.... dunno about where you trained ;)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sparda said:
i used to train at leeds town then moved on. John something (mcnally maybe?) or other was the name of sensi. The actual thing happened at some show at the Birmingham arena.
Re read what i wrote, missed out the V. But we went fast enough for it to be nearly all at once :)

We did alot of wrok with kosh's, swords, knifes.... dunno about where you trained ;)

what type of jiujitsu was it? :S Rarely have i heard of jiujitsu training working with weapons, since its a unarmed combat system. Was it Total fight Jiujitsu club?.

Bracken said:
Eating 6 dry Jacob's Cream Crackers in a minute.

Don't think that's cool? F*cking try it!

Thats an ace chat up line.

Bracken: Hey babe ;)
Girl: Hello ?
Bracken: I ate 6 Dry Jacob Crackers in a minute, Wanna fuck?
Girl: Sure thing hunny!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sparda said:

actually since you called your trainer a sensi id definatly say you were at a mcdojo who allowed you to play with weapons :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
darksword, no offence but maybe you are talking bollocks.

i did jujitsu aswell. even at a very basic level we were taught how to use the weapons you just got from the other guy.

u know, you may not be right every single time.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:

i did jujitsu aswell. even at a very basic level we were taught how to use the weapons you just got from the other guy.

i already said its quiet rare, thats why im asking what branch jiujitsu and where he trained. I accept that he trained, this just does not seem like something that would be tested, 10 guys going at 1 jiujitsu practitioner, no matter how good he is would kill the guy. Jiujitsu is a grappling art, it is not designed for fighting 10 people at once.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.leedsjitsu.co.uk/

thats just the leeds clubs websites, now theres 4 clubs in leeds over 100+ in the UK all with 15-30 peeps thats alot of peeps for a "mcdojo"

Also note the guy on that link, got a sword.... also if you knew anything Jiu Jitsu is the "unarmed" fighting style the samuari's (or whatever they were called, cant remeber the propper name) used. All the holds, throws, and pins are actualy ways of disarming someone, or gaining control of there weapon.

And also sure your not confusing it with Judo or *ahem* Ju Jitsu *ahem*

(for those not in the know Ju jitsu is Jiu Jitsu but the americans got a hold of it and took the good stuff out and made it more like judo but crapper. The yanks like to mix martial arts for some reason, Tai Jitsu anyone?)

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
ah found this

Swords In Jiu Jitsu
The Samurai roots of Jiu Jitsu mean that the sword has a very special place in a jitsuka's training. It is difficult to really bring much sword work into Jiu Jitsu as there is simply so much to learn to become truly proficient with such a weapon. In fact many jitsuka with a particular interest seek instructors in the martial arts to take their studies further.

In essence though jitsu is an unarmed martial form and it is the defence from the sword that is key. However in order to learn how to defend against the sword it is requisite that some basic sword forms are learnt (to defend from).

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sparda said:
http://www.leedsjitsu.co.uk/

thats just the leeds clubs websites, now theres 4 clubs in leeds over 100+ in the UK all with 15-30 peeps thats alot of peeps for a "mcdojo"

Also note the guy on that link, got a sword.... also if you knew anything Jiu Jitsu is the "unarmed" fighting style the samuari's (or whatever they were called, cant remeber the propper name) used. All the holds, throws, and pins are actualy ways of disarming someone, or gaining control of there weapon.

And also sure your not confusing it with Judo or *ahem* Ju Jitsu *ahem*

(for those not in the know Ju jitsu is Jiu Jitsu but the americans got a hold of it and took the good stuff out and made it more like judo but crapper)

for anyone not in the know jujitsu is actually the same thing just spelt different, what im guessing sparda is talking about here is actually brazilian jujitsu, which was actually developed largely by the Gracie family, and is one of the most accomplished art forms, used in original vale tudo (no holds bared, or in some competitions groan shots and eye gouging being the only foul moves. Unlike UFC/Pride/KOTC which has many other rules, and is labelled MMA - mixed martial arts).

BJJ - was developed to submit an opponent, with skill being far more important than strength, a light opponent submitting a larger opponent due to leverage, and gaining the advantage. It is very accomplished due to it incorporating alot of fighting from the ground.

Jiujitsu is a art form, simply unarmed combat, which emphasizes grappling, leg sweeps etc etc as i stated above. It was originally designed for battle where an unarmed fighter could disarm an armed opponent. However, over many years this has changed, how often are you going to see a fully armored warrior in the streets? Many schools work with emphasis on unarmed combat due to the nature of civilian life that we all experience. Some schools still work with armed opponents but not with swords/knives/daggers - not real ones, that would be both stupid and irresponsible.

and as i have said before 10 guys vs 1 jujitsu practitioner will get pwned.

- for a good JJ practitioner watch Sakuraba.
- for a good BJJ practitioner watch renzo gracie, or rickson gracie (400-0-0 record although many are stupid fights)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sparda said:
ah found this

basic sword forms, no jiujitsu practitoner can take 10 people. unless he is a really good fighter he couldnt take 2-3. i call work on this 100%. this was probably a demo. and all you have done is direct me to the leeds university jiujitsu club which i plan to train at anyway so.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
did you miss the part were i said i forgot to mention the V.
while not exactly all the the same time it was BAM BAM BAM BAM?
anyhow less martial arts stuff.... And if you join a leeds club, join leeds town, leeds uni are wimps, they hit like girls :flame:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sparda said:
did you miss the part were i said i forgot to mention the V.
while not exactly all the the same time it was BAM BAM BAM BAM?
anyhow less martial arts stuff.... And if you join a leeds club, join leeds town, leeds uni are wimps, they hit like girls :flame:

u said all at once :p.

i plan to be fighting out of bad company (leeds MT gym) hopefully, and going over to thailand to train at some point, maybe next winter if i can afford it/get time. So ill be hitting like a truck. i also train a bit of boxing for better hands.

another pretty cool thing we did was in the summer we stayed out busking with some random guy till about 4am, but i was on the phone to this girl i liked for most of it so.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:

That can't be true, Darksword is always right!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
~Latency~ said:
That can't be true, Darksword is always right!

pretty much, i was wrong back in '72, but then the world changed so that i was actually correct. true story.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hmm, the coolest thing I've ever done... hmmm, ah! One day I ate two 250g hamburgers!!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
jumping a severe 30mph zone canal bridge @ 85mph and crossing it up (laying the bike down sideways) in midair, watching the pedestrians faces xD landing it successfully and managing to control the tank-slapper (speed-wobble) that resulted. many other biking high-times, too many to list :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
doesnt count if you use stabalisers!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
pretty much, i was wrong back in '72, but then the world changed so that i was actually correct. true story.

Chuck norris rly? :p

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Playing dodgeball with friends, and dodging the ball in the coolest Matrix-style move ever, with my friends cheering me on :cool:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
a friend and i borrowed some clothes so we wouldnt get let into a night club, Visage in Northampton, an absolute pit but with bouncers that seem to think its got standards. some of the group were really up for it and us 2 were up for going back to the local for a lock in. we finished at about 4am.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Havn't experienced alot in my life. I've been to Brazil and Russia which isn't the every day trip. The only thing I can think of is the fact that I stood with my plastic golf clubs at St. Andrews at the age of 3. :D

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
pretty much, i was wrong back in '72

you were wrong when you were -16 years old... pretty good starting out by being wrong 16 years before you are born :p

Outlander

Part of the furniture
well my friends that was cool, well funny at least. must have been about 17 or so was out with mates drinking, got so wasted I was passing out all over the place.

Guys rallied me up and 'made' me break into the local boxing club. I got kitted up and did rocky impressions down the middle of the towns highstreet that night.

yes I was arrested, they didnt know about the breakin though I was just picked up for d&d :)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
cHodAX WAS ON GAMES MASTER, BEAT THAT!!!! WITH DOMINIC DIAMOND AND PATRICK MOORE!!! :eek: :eek:

I'll get him to post about it here :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom